Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
Which controls are better to you????? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:36 pm
So.... Stranger... you seeing anybody right now? ninja  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:28 am
No... but aren't you married? The sex is a lot more exhilarating when it's unlawful. wink  

Thee Stranger

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:39 am
I could be married. Would that make it better for you? twisted  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:34 pm
That's what I was getting at. =p  

Thee Stranger

ElenaMason

1,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:27 am
Quote:
No, I'm pretty sure I got it. RE4's controls work well in context to its action-oriented style, while the classic Resident Evil games work well in context to their survival horror style? Both Bio and I agreed with, and acknowledged that. Bio said it was well-designed, so obviously, he's acknowledging that the controls work well in context to the style of the game. I said it was a great action game, obviously acknowledging the same thing. So yes, I'm pretty sure we understood what you said.

alrighty. just clarifying it obviously.

Quote:

Hate to break this to you, but both classic RE and RE4 have the same tank controls for your character movement, use the same buttons that serve to run, quick turn, ready and fire your weapon, etc. So the controls themselves are largely the same. It's the way the game is designed around those controls that ultimately changes their function. And all we're saying is that Resident Evil is supposed to be survival horror game. Therefore, RE4/RE5 controls don't work in context to its intended function: Survival Horror. They are inferior for that reason. I like the gameplay of RE4/RE5/Gears of War/Army of Two, but not so much in my RE. Because it doesn't belong in RE; it belongs in action games. We are talking about what the series should be. And we often will. Apologies if you tire of that topic, but it comes up often and will probably continue to. Gonna have to deal.

same tank controls? then i guess it depends on the camera angle because it feels completely different to me. RE 4 the camera moves with you as you turn side to side. RE 1 camera doesn't really do that. I already stated controls for older games work in context for Survival Horror and controls for RE4/5 work for action. and yeah, you're talking about what the series should be. i already stated that in my last post. im not tiring of the topic, as you wrongfully assume, just i was on the original subject question of the thread and you guys jumped in and went on a different tangent.

Quote:
Um, I didn't. I NEVER SAID you did either. When the ******** did I say that?
I went back and read my post. Nevermind. I take that back. I misread what you had originally typed. My bad.

Quote:
I was speaking on a general basis, too. Go figure. Stop putting words in MY ******** mouth, thank you.
you're welcome smile
Quote:

All I was saying is that Resident Evil was never the franchise to go to for action, nor should it have been. That's what action-based games like HALO are there for. Resident Evil was there for survival horror. Now it's just another action game. And we, of the original fanbase, have nowhere to go to get our fix, while action fans have more than enough places to turn. That's all I was saying.
Understandable. Your "fix" for the series and its original intended genre was crushed for the most part and replaced with mainstream. Actually yeah I could see how very aggravating that would be.

Quote:
Now, do I believe that you fall into that category? The action gamer which is the main target audience for Resident Evil now? I'll tell you straight: Most definitely. I mean, you just said so yourself in that quote. You've bashed pretty hard on the classic RE gameplay a few pages back in the Grill, talked about how you were never interested in the series before RE4 because you think zombies are stupid; how you weren't interested in any of the other RE games aside from the only one you had ever played (RE4) until RE5 came out, how the only classic RE game you own is REmake, which you didn't finish, etc.

Yes I prefer action games
Quote:
most of the time
, but I also enjoy many other games. Survival Horror being one of them. I'm a fan of a mix of everything basically. I don't bash gameplay mechanics based on the storyline of a game. They're two completely different aspects. As I've stated painstakingly before, I've done tank controls "at least as far as maneuvering against the camera angles" and its completely the same in SH. I was already used to that type of control. I never said I owned REmake either. I've played it before yes, no not all the way through, I've seen my friends play it through though, but whatever.

Quote:
1.) Nobody was ever trying to change your mind, just presenting our point of view on the subject. You can choose to acknowledge it, dismiss it, or flare up into a butthurt frenzy like you are right now.

1)butthurt frenzy? oh yes such class you have. lack of respect and dont' give a s**t. yes im sure that gets you really far. 2)if i was butt hurt i wouldnt even be in this guild. i can handle more disrespect than that.

Quote:
2.) You are not biased about RE being turned into a more action-based game, BECAUSE you didn't give a s**t about the series until RE4 came along. You don't even like the old games, so why the ******** are you even talking like, "maybe I'm not biased". There's no maybe there. You are biased. In favor of RE4/RE5. There's nothing for you to be torn about here. RE was always action-based as far as your experience with the franchise is concerned.

HAHA oh yes, you know EXACTLY what im thinking. i guess that explains why most of the time you're wrong on assuming something with me. yes it all make sense now. i already explained how i wasn't biased against RE being turned into action game. you either acknowledge that or accept, or go into a butthurt frenzy as you so childishly put it. and yes i DO like the older games. i dont give a damn what you say lol. i know what i like and what i dont.
Quote:

Whatever reasons you have for trying out RE4 in the first place are completely irrelevant. You got into it because of the intense, action-oriented gameplay. You got into it because of Leon and s**t (and when the ******** did I even mention Leon anyway? Talkin' about me goin' off on tangents).

There you go trying to make up my mind for me again. Laughable. I already explained that I didn't get into the game because of Leon. I also OBVIOUSLY already explained that I didn't even know who the hell Leon was when I got the game. I got the game based on critic review. Nothing more nothing less.
Quote:

That's what got you into it.
Wrong.

Quote:
RE4 is what compelled you to go out and pick up RE5. And what did you go to RE5 for, by the way? A REmake-style Resident Evil game with shitty "slow-mo crap" controls and stupid zombies, or an action-based RE4-style one? Exactly.

Actually, aside from the fact that I had finished RE 4, I got RE 5 because I wanted to get it. Pure and simple. There was no hidden meaning or because it was the newest hype. I knew I would like it regardless of what critics said. So I got it. And I was right. Wow so complicated to understand...yeah....really mind boggling.
Quote:

And since RE5 actually had something to do with the storyline of the series, that's what compelled you to go back and explore the history

HAHAH wrong again. I'll explain this once so I hope your "mind" can wrap around it OOOOH so complicated. RE 5 had me fall in love with Wesker and the anime convention, Sac Anime, was coming up really soon (at the time) and the con was going to host 4 voice actors from the RE series and out of excitement I wanted to do an RE costume. So because I was stoked with Wesker and since his outfit from the fourth game was cheap and simple to put together (being limited on money and time) I decided to hell with it. I'll cosplay Wesker. Well the thing is, I NEVER.....NEVER do a costume for any character unless I know the character well so I did an extensive painstaking research about Albert Wesker, his history in the series and that ultimately led to my interest into the series itself, after reading how detailed the story of RE was. And after all that I decided how stupid it was to bash the series simply because it had zombies. I dropped my prejudice long ago, joined this guild not too long ago, was taught how to appreciate the series the way it should be appreciated and that was that.

the end.

Quote:
which most likely consisted of you playing for about an hour while screaming at the TV, all butthurt that it didn't play like RE4 before you threw down the controller and shut it off, never to insert it into your system again. So then you resorted to youtube and s**t to catch up.

you would just LOVE that wouldn't you? sorry. thats not how it happened. and throwing down a controller? are ******** stupid is that? in fact i dont understand why people do that. controllers can be expensive. i would never treat my electronics like that. lol they're like my children. i love them razz takes a lot for me to get mad at a game. i loved playing it regardless of what you WANT to believe.
Quote:

So you may be able to bunk down and play a Silent Hill game from time to time, but you're sure as ******** not a fan of Survival Horror of the Resident Evil variety, by your own ******** admission. And you know what? That's fine. I don't even ******** care. It's your bullshit posturing like you are that annoys the ******** outta me.

well at least your honest smile think however you want to think. doesnt make a bit of difference in the end for me. I get a lot more from Bio and much better RESPECT from Bio and other members than I do from you. so theres no reason for me to get mad.
Quote:

Saying you're used to Richard Waugh from the "old games". What old games? RE4? That's not old. And it's not ******** plural either. As if you gradually became accustomed to Waugh as you played through the series or something. Quit with the posturing, you're full of s**t. Now I'm reading all these posts in here and in the Grill, and you're all ripping on Leon and s**t. You love Leon! You're not the only ******** person here who does. Just be true to yourself, goddamn.

I'm not talking RE 4. He was in RE 1, remake that is. And yes he's in RE 4. big lady freaking dah.
Quote:

I, myself can enjoy RE4/RE5 on some levels, even though it's not the same thing, as can most of the people in this guild. Bio is one of the very few who downright completely rejects and refuses to touch them. Because he's an EXTREME Biohazard purist, pun intended. So it's not like you have to bullshit to fit in around here. Most of us are much more fond of the classic survival horror games though, as you no doubt know by now.

takes a bullshiter to know a bullshiter? but talking seirously here. im not bullshiting anything. trying to fit in? this isn't highschool. LOL thats long over for me. even if I didn't agree with 100% of how people feel about the newer games in here, i still LOVE talking about it and knowing what thye're thinking because they're veterans of the series and i can learn a lot from their viewpoints. smile right Bio? biggrin  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:19 am
Thee Stranger
That's what I was getting at. =p

Good. Now, where shall we meet for our secret rendezvous and playthrough of classic RE? biggrin  

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100

Thee Stranger

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:17 am
SaintChaos
same tank controls? then i guess it depends on the camera angle because it feels completely different to me. RE 4 the camera moves with you as you turn side to side. RE 1 camera doesn't really do that. I already stated controls for older games work in context for Survival Horror and controls for RE4/5 work for action. and yeah, you're talking about what the series should be. i already stated that in my last post. im not tiring of the topic, as you wrongfully assume, just i was on the original subject question of the thread and you guys jumped in and went on a different tangent.

Well, they're the same. Up is always up, back is always walks back, left and right always makes your character turn 180 degrees in whatever direction, etc. I already said that the way the gameplay is designed around the controls is what changes their function. Obviously.

And we didn't go off on a tangent. It is completely relevant to this discussion, regardless of whether that was what YOU were getting at. We knew what you were getting at. We acknowledged that, and then from there, pointed out something else based on that. We were just making a point, as you did.

SaintChaos
HAHA oh yes, you know EXACTLY what im thinking. i guess that explains why most of the time you're wrong on assuming something with me. yes it all make sense now. i already explained how i wasn't biased against RE being turned into action game. you either acknowledge that or accept, or go into a butthurt frenzy as you so childishly put it.

Did you even read my post? Because you completely missed the point.

SaintChaos
and yes i DO like the older games. i dont give a damn what you say lol. i know what i like and what i dont.

"RE 1-3 is also a bit too slow for my taste FOR GAMEPLAY because it gets boring having to constantly run around the SAME DAMN areas, picking up s**t, only to run around to the same damn areas to solve the puzzles with the same s**t you just picked up. That's what I loved about RE 4 because they took it out of that slow mo crap of the constant run around to the same places, and basically had it to where you solved the area right then and there and MOVED ON to another area." -- YOU

"However, it (RE4) was the only RE game I ever liked and I didn't care to get into the rest of the series." -- YOU

I didn't say it. You did. I know what you like and don't like, because you told me.

SaintChaos
There you go trying to make up my mind for me again. Laughable. I already explained that I didn't get into the game because of Leon. I also OBVIOUSLY already explained that I didn't even know who the hell Leon was when I got the game. I got the game based on critic review. Nothing more nothing less.

Again, did you even read my post? I never said Leon was the reason you got the game. I said the gameplay, coupled with Leon is what got you into the game. It is the reason you liked the game.

"So it caught my curiosity, but it wasn't until I actually GOT a PS2 that I decided to finally get the 4th Game. The minute I got used to playing it I TOTALLY fell in love with it and Leon." -- YOU

SaintChaos
Actually, aside from the fact that I had finished RE 4, I got RE 5 because I wanted to get it. Pure and simple. There was no hidden meaning or because it was the newest hype. I knew I would like it regardless of what critics said. So I got it. And I was right. Wow so complicated to understand...yeah....really mind boggling.

:ROFL: This is just sad.

"And so 2009 comes around and RE5 was being advertised and it looked so totally freaking awesome and decided to get it." -- YOU

Gee, I don't know... kinda looks like hype to me. Not that I ever even said that it had anything to do with hype in the first place. So you knew you would like it regardless of what critics said? And why's that? Because you liked RE4, and this was a sequel to RE4; an action game you "TOTALLY fell in love with", and you knew it was going to play largely the same? Exactly.

And that's exactly what I said. Unless I go with what you would have me to believe... that you just wanted to get RE5 for no real apparent reason whatsoever. But that seems pretty illogical. Mind boggling.

SaintChaos
HAHAH wrong again. I'll explain this once so I hope your "mind" can wrap around it OOOOH so complicated. RE 5 had me fall in love with Wesker and the anime convention, Sac Anime, was coming up really soon (at the time) and the con was going to host 4 voice actors from the RE series and out of excitement I wanted to do an RE costume. So because I was stoked with Wesker and since his outfit from the fourth game was cheap and simple to put together (being limited on money and time) I decided to hell with it. I'll cosplay Wesker. Well the thing is, I NEVER.....NEVER do a costume for any character unless I know the character well so I did an extensive painstaking research about Albert Wesker, his history in the series and that ultimately led to my interest into the series itself, after reading how detailed the story of RE was. And after all that I decided how stupid it was to bash the series simply because it had zombies. I dropped my prejudice long ago, joined this guild not too long ago, was taught how to appreciate the series the way it should be appreciated and that was that.

the end.

Oh, I'm sorry I wasn't specific enough for you:

"And then Wesker came along.....this (RE5) was the first time you actively get to see Wesker move around, well at least for me it was and I totally fell for the guy hahaha. I mean he's so damn awesome and BECAUSE of that I decided to make a costume for him to take to a convention and I decided if I'm going to get more into the series I need to do some damn research." -- YOU

So "BECAUSE" of Wesker's depiction in RE5. Why didn't RE4 get you into Wesker? Because Wesker was barely even in RE4, and the whole general storyline of RE5 has a lot more to do with the actual series than RE4 does. So ultimately, RE5 is what compelled you to go back and explore the series. Again, straight from the horse's mouth: YOU.

SaintChaos
you would just LOVE that wouldn't you? sorry. thats not how it happened. and throwing down a controller? are ******** stupid is that? in fact i dont understand why people do that. controllers can be expensive. i would never treat my electronics like that. lol they're like my children. i love them razz takes a lot for me to get mad at a game. i loved playing it regardless of what you WANT to believe.

"Are ******** stupid is that". xd Again, your "mind" doesn't seem to comprehend anything I say. My whole imagining of your experience with REmake was never intended to be taken literally, as I pretty much pointed out in my last post. Point is, you didn't finish it. And since you've made it quite clear you don't like the gameplay, I just don't imagine you had too much fun with it, or played it for very long.

SaintChaos
well at least your honest smile think however you want to think. doesnt make a bit of difference in the end for me. I get a lot more from Bio and much better RESPECT from Bio and other members than I do from you. so theres no reason for me to get mad.

Well, you don't earn too much respect for me when you're so full of s**t, trying to blatantly change s**t around you already told me. Then refusing to acknowledge that s**t when I call you on it. Sorry.

SaintChaos
I'm not talking RE 4. He was in RE 1, remake that is. And yes he's in RE 4. big lady freaking dah.

HAHAHAHAHA!!! rofl Um, anyone else wanna pipe in here? Bio, anybody? xd Richard Waugh did NOT voice Wesker in REmake. Peter Jessop did. That's very telling of exactly how much you played ********' REmake.

SaintChaos
takes a bullshiter to know a bullshiter? but talking seirously here. im not bullshiting anything. trying to fit in? this isn't highschool. LOL thats long over for me.

Irony.

SaintChaos
even if I didn't agree with 100% of how people feel about the newer games in here, i still LOVE talking about it and knowing what thye're thinking because they're veterans of the series and i can learn a lot from their viewpoints. smile right Bio? biggrin

Well, that's all well and good. Now stop being full of s**t and talking out your a**.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:32 am
Look, I'm not gonna get into that argument... It's not quite a flamewar, but it is pretty heated, and if I got into it... I mean, you got one side against another side, and the balance of power is there.
But if I got into it, and picked a side... I just don't wanna have the whole, "Why are you siding with them? I'm not talking to you anymore." Kinda deal. Although, this isn't highschool, right? lol

Look, bottomline is, the only thing I'll say in defense of Stranger are the whotes he gave you. Yes, you did say those things, SaintChaos, and yes, lately when you say things like, "Screw Leon" and "Wesker in RE5 sucked" I do go, "Wat? I thought you said you liked them in those games."
I just figure, don't ask, if she hates Leon now, I'm cool with that. But you did say those things.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Michael Jetfire

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:39 am
Um... wait, wtf? Wasnt this supposed to be a debate over controls and NOT THE CHARACTERS OF THE DAMN GAME?! STOP GETTING OFF TOPIC HERE!  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:49 am
Michael Jetfire
Um... wait, wtf? Wasnt this supposed to be a debate over controls and NOT THE CHARACTERS OF THE DAMN GAME?! STOP GETTING OFF TOPIC HERE!
Easy, trigger. It's okay to get off topic every once in a while. This is what the debate led to, let it go wherever it goes.
No need to fly off the handle.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Thee Stranger

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:33 pm
Michael Jetfire

Hey, I didn't bring it up.

The controls are pretty much the same... it's just the gameplay. Resident Evil's puzzles were never too complex or anything, but the inventory management and the backtracking and everything... that kind of was the puzzle.
Like, "How am I going to go about getting from here to there? I have a key, and only a few bullets, one herb. What's gonna be in that room when I unlock it? Something nasty that I should bring a more powerful gun for? Is the door for this key where I think it is? Are there gonna be many items I have to pick up? What items should I take?"

And then when you did beat the games, and were playing through them again and you knew what you were doing and exactly what was coming, you'd be trying to do it in the quickest and most efficient way possible to achieve the best ranking, which created more replay value. And you were rewarded for it with new modes and mini games and stuff, which created even more replay value.

In these new ones... you run through it and blow everything away. Unlock/Upgrade guns and go on a higher difficulty... run through it again and blow everything away... in pretty much the exact same manner.

That's a strong reason why I like the old gameplay/controls better.

Happy?  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:43 pm
The coolest thing was when I picked up Remake. I pretty much knew what to expect in terms of where to go, and where to obtain a lot of the items, and how to do it. Since I played RE1. But because so many things did change, I just sat there looking at the map, going, "I know that this item I need is in THAT room. But in order to get to that room, I need to solve the puzzle in THIS room to get the key. But I can't solve the puzzle in THIS room, because the item I need to solve it is in THIS room which I need a key for, which I thought was the key I got in THIS room...
That was one of the funnest things about RE.
You're right, the entire level, the whole game in itself is one big puzzle.

And you know the funny thing about RE4 and UC? It's the same thing. In RE4, you get through one level of enemies, you move on, beat the next level of enemies, move on. It's essentially a rail shooter, except it doesn't move you along. But it's linear as hell, and the only non-linear aspect of RE4 was the treasure hunting. But a game that calls itself "Survival Horror" shouldn't have treasure hunting in it at all! scream  

Biohazard EXTREME

Thee Stranger

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:58 pm
Hell yeah, man. REmake totally ******** with me, because I thought I knew it inside out having played the original. That's what was so brilliant about it. Even though it was a lot the same, it was still like a completely new game. They even changed around some of the cheap scares to mess with you, like the dogs in the hallway.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:07 pm
Yeah, that was awesome. I remember, I rented it, because my friend brought his GameCube over, so I sat down to play it, and I'm like, "Brace yourself. A cerberus is about to jump out of that window."
*Crack*
"Geez! Hey, where's the cerberus? ... Huh... Guess they omitted it."
Then on the way back, "******** Crimson Heads were the worst though.
I was like, "Man, it's so realistic how you shoot a zombie down and it actually stays there instead of disappearing." And my friend was like, "I think I read somewhere that they get up again."
"No they don't. Don't you see that blood pool underneath them? That means they're dead for good."
"I dunno man."

Then bam, one of them gets up. Hoooly s**t. I went to school the day after and said, "That was the best gaming experience of my life to date." And it was.  

Biohazard EXTREME

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces