Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
.::Introduce Yourself (or face a life of lurking...)::. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 59 60 61 62 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Xiporah

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 9:55 am
Yay! An introduction thread. I don't have to make my own!

Hi everyone. My name is Xiporah...or Jaime. I'll answer to either one. I'm in my 20s and I'm from the DC Metropolitan area. Such fun abounds here when homeless people scream at eyeglass billboards or salute you when you walk by them, then cuss you out if you make eye contact.

I found this wonderful little corner of Gaia through a link in someone's siggy. Wish I could tell you who so everyone could pat them on the head and say good job.

I'm pretty much a dork. Not smart enough to be a geek or nerd if you want to think of it that way. I just figured I would join here to immerse myself around people who know the things that I know, whether we are talking about it or not. I'm not much of a verbal fountain when it comes to explaining my beliefs.

So, yay. This is longer then I expected. I'm usually wearing a snowman mask, so if you see some chick with a pitchfork and a snowman mask, it's me. *scratches her forehead and waves*

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 1:17 pm
Hewo! My real name is Elena, but I go by either Sticky or Leyna.

I became an atheist after many years of being agnostic. Before I even knew what agnoticism was. Heh. I've never been forcefed religion, thank goodness.

I actually discovered why I'm atheist through a class I took last year.

Oh yeah! How about stuff about me. xD
I'm 16 years old, I'm a senior at Murrieta Valley in southern California.
No, I am not your stereotypical southern Californian. Nor am I a valley girl. I do not live in the valley and I rarely use the word 'like'. And I don't like the word 'dude'. Hmm...that's basically all I have to say, but I'm glad to be here. ^^  

Oxygen Tanks

Azraelswing

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 9:41 am
Introduction...? What's that, something edible? confused

Anyways, big "Hi!" to all those bothering to read these scribbles, and here comes the infodump...

I'm 26 year old eternal student (currently studying IT in the Finnish Business College), and definately an atheist. Or, let's just say that whatever other beliefs/thoughts I might have, they aren't exactly mainstream... Anyways, here's the infodump-lite, if you wan't to know more... just ask or PM. twisted  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 12:41 pm
Hallo, I'm Aikoni/Toshimi/Tsuki/Jacky, I'll answer to any, but I don't care if you just use teh username. ^^U

I'm a 15 year old (well, turning 16 June 28th. ^^ I'm a Cancer!) living in the DC area, like someone...else...I...saw...*searches franctically, then gives up*. I live in an area where a lot of rich, Christian/Catholic people live (of which I am neither) so life can be annonying sometimes, but some of teh people are still pretty cool.

Erm, I've gone to a Catholic school my whole life, absorbed teh info but never liked...grasped...accepted? it, not because I was force fed. They kinda expected it, rather then force-fed, so it's not cuz I'm some rebel. I grew up in a 2 parent, 1 grandparent home, mom and grandpa Catholic, both pretty devout until a couple'a years ago my mom loosened up (she'll never stop being Catholic, its just that she doesnt go to Mass every single weekday morn). My grandpa's still REALLY devout, tho.

I respect everyone's beliefs, even if I disagree. I dont go ranting on and on about how stupid God is. If I did, I would acknowledge the presence of...it. razz

Anyway, I'm a geeky, nerdy dork who is obsessed with anime and Stargate. I apparently (according to my friends) am amusing. I love Japan (not because of anime), Egypt, and world cultures in general, and languages in general. And ancient history. Well, basically, anything up to 1200 AD. After that, bleh.

*reads her post so far* Dammit...I wrote too much again...(you'll notice I tend to write a lot, even if I don't mean to). ^^U

Well, I came here because...erm...I was invited and this seemed like a real interesting place. ^^U I feel so honored. I've never been invited to a guild before. ^^U

Random and purposeful Pm's heart

heart heart heart  

[ toshimi ]

shaitan393

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 7:44 am
I am an egoist. What's that? the opposite of an altruist  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 12:28 pm
Welcome new people ^.^

ninja Be careful- some of us have rabies...  

caustic 0_0

O.G. Prophet

9,500 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Streaker 200

Angelic Alchemist Ninja

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 7:39 pm
mrtommyos
Valdae
.Let's see. Rock- pretty much anything but most new bands. I like slinkies and NIN.

Everyone likes slinkies and NIN.

eek I dont even like music

Name IRL: Martina (Must be the only name in here xd )

I love science, (hence the atheist-ism) and I always seems to ask specific-but-annoying questions.. such as what exactly is fire made of xD

I actually discovered that I was an atheist through an essay I had to write (it was about evolution and creationism, how irony xp )

I'm over the pre-teen and under the legal age, haha just kidding, I'm offically 15 1/4 as of today eek years old and will be a sophormone (gah I cannot spell) in the fall,
and wish to major in forensics (the career where you work in DNA fingerprinting or something liek taht)

Nice to meet everyone ^^  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 12:13 pm
Hi, I guess I'm here because I said God and Santa Clause or the same thing...hehe and got an invite to this guild.

I love people that are very nice about their religion and never try to tell me about it, but sometimes...  

Erotic_Zombie

Razzbairee

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 1:59 pm
RAZZBAIREE!!! scream
hobbies: drawing, writing, video games, obsessing
Been an atheist ever since I grew up and realized I could think for myself.

Yeah that's about it. lolz  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 1:49 pm
Hi...  

Hate Temptation

[Satan]

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 5:42 am
Valdae
Welcome new people ^.^

ninja Be careful- some of us have rabies...
Don't worry, I just got a shot for my rabies yesterday. twisted  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 7:16 pm
I'm an atheist at age 12. (13 in under a month). And my name is Bobby.

I like playing Comp games, playing a round of golf once in a while.

Critisizing religion and complaining.

I'm half american and half British, and no, i live in America unfortunately.

I have around 25 friends in all and I have no girlfriend.

That pretty much sums me up mrgreen  

Mad Hatters Tea Party

[Satan]

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 5:41 am
British Dude
I'm an atheist at age 12. (13 in under a month). And my name is Bobby.

I like playing Comp games, playing a round of golf once in a while.

Critisizing religion and complaining.

I'm half american and half British, and no, i live in America unfortunately.

I have around 25 friends in all and I have no girlfriend.

That pretty much sums me up mrgreen
Finally, someone younger than me in this guild! whee  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 11:06 pm
I am Joe, 18 years old from Missouri.

Unitarian at heart, so I don't really deny others faiths or argue them, I kinda sit back, give them a thumbs up and say "Whatever floats your boat, man."

Was invited to join, and feelin good about it.

Avid video game fan and reviewer (http://joe_masaki.1up.com)
Avid Anime fan and watcher.
Avid MacGyver fan.

Good times, take care everyone!  

Hideaki-Sama

Yiska

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 11:19 pm
Name: Yiska (er, not really, but my RL name sucks, too)
Politics: I just think government should stay the hell out of everyone's lives as much as possible.
Why I'm an atheist: Well, I hopped around a lot from unquestioning belief to unquestioning belief in my younger years, and eventually decided that just believing something doesn't make it true. And I can't believe something if there's no way to know if it's true - that just goes against the grain. I tried it, and felt like I was doing something wrong, amoral (ironic, isn't it?). So that's why I call myself an atheist.
Music: Most kinds of rock - the heavier the better. Music is my life.
Other interesting crap: I go to a same-sex Catholic high school. >< Which would suck less if I were gay, and also Catholic (interesting combination). And I love debate, especially about religion and philosophy and politics. Yeee.  
The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 59 60 61 62 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff