Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Hippie Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild promoting peace, love and music. 

Tags: Hippie, Flower Child, Peace, Love, Music 

Reply The Gaian Hippie Guild
dont you hate it when stuff you like becomes mainstreem Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

do u
yah let them do wat they want
24%
 24%  [ 6 ]
no its annoying
36%
 36%  [ 9 ]
peh
40%
 40%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 25

Itachi-Uchiha-Sama00

1,500 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 2:18 pm
Yeah, but the Technology and recording of this age make stuff sound, so, different from years before.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 2:40 pm
Itachi-Uchiha-Sama00
I thought their new Album was pretty decent. What's wrong with it? Does it sound to modern or something? Oo;
I prefer bands like Metallica over AC/DC. I just didn't find their new album all that great. Metallica's album Death Magnetic blew Black Ice out of the water. I just think AC/DC is over-hyped, there are much better bands out there.  

Hatheos
Vice Captain

Itachi-Uchiha-Sama00

1,500 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 6:12 pm
Eh, I don't really know about that. AC/DC was ranked in the top 10 best Rock/Metal bands of all time.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:43 pm
ACDC rocks so does metallica  

HippieKrowly

Itachi-Uchiha-Sama00

1,500 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:23 am
Yeah. I can go on and on and on about kickass Rock/Metal bands.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:27 am
i hate it when people start fangirling over it and abusing it, not when it becomes mainstrem. What if breathing wasn't mainstream? You like to breathe right? rolleyes  

lemonlimepepsi

Desirable Regular

6,800 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Itachi-Uchiha-Sama00

1,500 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:03 pm
I like to breathe, but that isn't really considered mainstream or anything. Were talking about music and clothes, not anything essential to life.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:49 am
whee I don't mind when stuff I like becomes mainstream or popular, because I know that eventually, the trend will just die out. I like what I like regardless of who likes it.  

inertiatics

Led Athey

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:59 am
Groovy, lol.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:40 pm
A little bit.
But most of the times, I really don't care. Mainly because I know they're a bunch a idiots who think they're cool. And that I'm the real deal.
Although I'm entirely against the wearing of a band T-Shirt, if you never ever listened to the band.
Like one time I saw a girl wearing a Rolling Stone T-shirt and I said "Oh. Do you like the Rolling Stones?" and she said "Kinda. I just like the shirt." It was like a slap in the face to me. (Big Rolling Stones fan) How dare you wear a bands logo as a fashion accessory! D:<

UltraViolet Flashlight

4,800 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100

Itachi-Uchiha-Sama00

1,500 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:26 pm
Exactly. The same thing happened to me once too. This kid at my school was wearing a Zeppelin or AC/DC shirt I can't remember, I'm like "Dude! You like them too?! We could totally talk about this stuff for hours!" He was like "Uh, no, I just like it cause it looks really cool and everyone else is wearing them too. It's in style so yeah." I swear, forgive me, I was about to drill him so hard he would feel it a month after I did it.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:57 pm
It is a bit irksome. Kings of leon where my favorite back when they first came out.  

Propaganda Americana

Hatheos
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:25 pm
Propaganda Americana
It is a bit irksome. Kings of leon where my favorite back when they first came out.
Every band has to start somewhere, and if they're good enough, they'll make it mainstream.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:18 pm
iWoodstock
Propaganda Americana
Every band has to start somewhere, and if they're good enough, they'll make it mainstream.

True. Its good that they are sucsessfull, but some people tend to debase it for you.  

Propaganda Americana

Itachi-Uchiha-Sama00

1,500 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:03 am
Plus a lot of people in this era are like "Oh, Rock and Metal aint in style no more, they're never gonna get big." I tell them "Yeah, that's why 90% of the 80s' bands are getting back together, most of the 80s' and 70s' bands now have their on tour every year, and about a couple thousand more people come to Rock/Metal concerts each year than they do Rap/Pop/and Hip Hop concerts." In the next few years, I bet most of the 80s' bands are gonna be releasing more CDs' with the same sound they have always had. And maybe some 70s' bands too.  
The Gaian Hippie Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff