Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sailor Moon Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who love Sailor Moon. (Big Fourum RP needs more players). 

Tags: Sailor moon, Moon, Roleplay, Anime, Manga 

Reply Home
Pluto not a Planet!!!????? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Can you believe this????
  NO!!!!!!!!
  Can't be!! *covering eyes and ears*
  You lie, LIE!!!
View Results

sailormoonfreek102

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 3:21 am
Plusto must be one powerfull dwarf planet sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 2:41 pm
well yeah that suck that they are saying that pluto is not a planet....but as for me i dont care what they say it is and it always will be with me cause thats how we learned it in school so when they stop teaching it as been a planet then it will be fact but as for now its still one to me  

ravenclawchild

londonchick25

1,650 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 5:44 pm
It was so stupid taking away Pluto as a planet.
Why couldn't they leave well enough alone.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 6:24 pm
I kno itz sadd...  

Vyrra

Phoenix_17

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 3:54 pm
Hime_Tsuki
They can make whatever announcements and decisions they want to... until they are blue in the face! But for those of us who know and love PLANET Pluto. It shall always be a planet. They can never change that!

Just because some high and mighty fancy astronomers and scientists decide something, doesn't mean it's true! Pluto is and will be a planet forevermore in MY books. ^_^

LONG LIVE PLANET PLUTO!

Someone's gotta protect Setsuna's planet don't you think? Might as well be us!

*strikes sailor moon's signature pose* IAU, in the name of the moon I shall punish you from trying to take Pluto's planet away from her! Your actions are unexcusable so get ready to be moondusted if you don't take your decision back you big meanies!

yeah I so agree with you on that they can just come and take pluto away like they had just did. pluto will always hear me always be a planet no matter what  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 2:30 pm
Poor Sailor Pluto she is my favorite Outer scout  

Shikamarugirl2

`Fo `Shizzle

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 5:44 pm
Shikamarugirl2
Poor Sailor Pluto she is my favorite Outer scout
I thought she was a bit out there if you know what I mean...  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 1:37 pm
I can't believe they did that because it is totally ridicules! scream That is why I choose to ignore what they say. evil  

phantom_empress25

c. Alluvion

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 3:02 pm
Okay, guys. Let's get a few things straight here.

But first, let me make it clear that Pluto being "plutoed" (it turns out that's a verb now) is the worst decision I have ever heard made. NOT JUST FOR EMOTIONAL REASONS, THOUGH! (But still, Pluto was my fav. planet before I ever heard of Sailor Moon.)

Before this ruling, there was no real definition to what is and what is not a planet. This new definition requires that planets

--Must be in orbit around the Sun.
--Must be massive enough to be a sphere by its own gravitational force. More specifically, its own gravity should pull it into a shape of hydrostatic equilibrium.
--Must have cleared the neighbourhood around its orbit.

The last one got Pluto demoted. However, other planets are neighbors to asteroids-- namely, Mars, Jupiter, Neptune, and EARTH.

In case you missed that, EARTH is no longer a planet either by this definition. It makes this pretty much a junk definition, unless you really want to go around demoting all of those things. I mean, c'mon.

Oh, and, by the way, there is no possible way for the gas giants to be demoted because of this because of their gassy nature.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:30 pm
PLUTO IS A PLANET!!!!The scientist have to prove that Pluto is a planet since one still makes the astrology with all planets of the solar system thus this news is not to thus base on a reality don't worry.Pluton is beautiful and well a planet if not why would have we sailor Pluton in sailor Moon when the names of the sailors are all of the planet names?  

Kurosawa Kiharu

the all-weird one

5,400 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:49 pm
I have one thing to say this is the first time science has ever let me down and made me upset at the same time. Like I love science and all but stressed argh that pushes a button. I even wrote a article on this for the school newspaper. It is just so demeaning.

Like who would ever, ever want to harm poor innocent Trista. Okay she's proabaly not that innocent, but still. And what are the future generation of parents going to tell their kids if they ask how many planets are in the solar system.

Here is a scenario:
"Mom how many planets are there?"
"Well there were 9 orignally, but in 2006 an international agency made it so that there were only 8 actual planets and 4 dwarf planets."

Yeah like any kid is really going to understand that until they are in highschool. Heck even some of the teachers I talked to for the article were upset about this, especially because all of the text books would have to be rewritten. scream You just don't do stuff like that half-way through the school year.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 4:09 pm
I believe Pluto is still a planet. I was really upset about that. Darn IAU! scream  

Leizgirl

rubyblood

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 8:39 pm
argument about pluto went on for years  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 2:25 am
Kawaki
I am TOTALLY SHOCKED!! I have a newspaper in front of me... I am listening to my radio station 101.9 The End right now and they are confirming it... IAU has just changed their mind and made Pluto NOT a planet but a 'dwarf Planet' scream ???? Now the IAU has declared that our solar system has only 8 planets WTF?????? Please look this stuff up, PLEASE prove me wrong- PLEASE!!! I know it's odd but apparently because of Pluto's weird orbit it is no longer considered ours!? (Pluto was discovered in the 1930's or 40's and now they're taking it away from us...) PLEASE prove me the freak wrong but look in your papers, watch the news, listen to your radio's because what’s a universe without Pluto! (Astrology will now be COMPLETELY messed up because of the rude people at the IAU!!!)
Again, do your research and prove me wrong!!
-your saddest, Ki-chan

User Image

*Shrugs* They've been wishy-washy with this for decades. By the time I'm old enough to have been the last remaining elder of my family, they'll have changed it twice again.

Regardless of whether they think it a planet or not, Pluto still exerts a pull on people in ways it really shouldn't if it's not a planet. The moon's not a planet, but look how much it affects us.

Don't worry, Pluto will always be a living ice block to me. Hope that makes you feel a bit better. It's a lonely little thing out there, spinning 'round the sun in that most irregular of orbits.  

Hellenistic Wisdom

the all-weird one

5,400 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 6:01 pm
Yeah Hellenistic Wisdom is right. Like look at the pull Pluto has on Astrology the planet protects consellations and that it is major in the birth signs. I even have this pretend world where Trista had this major fit and nearly beat her husband to a pulp.  
Home

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff