Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Tekken Force

Back to Guilds

Tags: Tekken, Fighting, Video Games, Namco, Playstation 

Reply The Tekken Force
Are there any real SERIOUS tekken pplayers here? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nyumonster

Vice Captain

Skilled Rogue

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 7:11 am
KC Uchiha
I used to rule T1-TTT with Jin and Kazuya but then they made tekken 4 and screwed up Jin's moveset....... stressed

Screwed up..? rolleyes  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 9:16 am
I'd have to say I'm pretty serious. I am currently ranked the #1 Steve and Asuka player in my college where we compete nearly every day and used to hold tournaments often.  

Fezarino

Tekkensennin
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:50 pm
Nyu-sama
KC Uchiha
I used to rule T1-TTT with Jin and Kazuya but then they made tekken 4 and screwed up Jin's moveset....... stressed

Screwed up..? rolleyes
Yeah... If they hadn't changed Jin's moves we'd have three very alike characters now. Kazuya, Devil Jin and Jin. Devil Jin was a good move from Namco since changing Jin's new style made many Jin fans pissed and change their character. Adding Devil Jin gave them the chance to play as the old school Jin again, and those who like Jin's new style (including me) can play as the normal Jin. Everyone's happy ^^  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:29 pm
wellz i enter tournaments ive come second once... which was cool... but i lost to the same guy again at the next con that i went to... sweatdrop but hey i came second ONCE!!! lol im still goin to more cant wait till tekken6 comes out!!! i got tekken-5, tekken-4, tekken tag nd tekken dr on the psp tho lol uh i also hang out at the arcade nd vs random peoplez COOLZ!!! xd cool  

YuriKuun93

Tekkensennin
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 3:21 am
Real_ninja_gamer
wellz i enter tournaments ive come second once... which was cool... but i lost to the same guy again at the next con that i went to... sweatdrop but hey i came second ONCE!!! lol im still goin to more cant wait till tekken6 comes out!!! i got tekken-5, tekken-4, tekken tag nd tekken dr on the psp tho lol uh i also hang out at the arcade nd vs random peoplez COOLZ!!! xd cool
COOLZ! I once won an animecon tournament... Not a big deal though. Then, I went to a bigger tournament an dgot my a** kicked.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:52 am
Real_ninja_gamer

hey kabayan!! i commend you!! in which con did you come 2nd place in? congrats!  

Hyung Horangi

Uui-chan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:54 pm
Frame data?
I know most of Lili's and few of the essentials for battling other chars

Playing in Socal againts this great players will teach you the game one way or another..>_>  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 4:13 pm
I "used" to be serious, however, I've quit well beyond a year and a half now(competitive fighting games all together) . However I quit on Tekken 5 way back during 5.0, simply because it was such a garbage Tekken game, I tried to give DR a chance, but it was still a Launch/Crush+Juggle+Wallsplat gameplan regardless of whom you picked.

I played a heavy amount of competition for Tekken 3, and especially TekkenTag, wow, that was the BEST time to be a Tekken player. I remember going to Extravaganza...forgot how you spell it, however there, I remember watching JOP and Slips duking it out...damn, it was incredible. Because those guys truly know how to play Tekken.

I can't remember right, but I believe Slips won, simply because he caught on to what JOP was doing with his Ogres, hahahahaha, good stuff.

Tekken 4, I played alot as well, and even though I played Jin. Tekken 4 was imo, the most demanding Tekken game to learn inside and out, and imo, it had the right ideas, just that it needed an upgrade.

I remember playing some dude, forgot his name, but he was trying to do a Tom runaway Nina, he was pretty solid. It was funny, cause he used to nickname me "Gay-Jin" for whenever I picked Jin, he couldn't spam Hiyashida as much due to Parry, lmao...good times.

I remember almost taking a tournament, but getting aced out by my cousin who played a solid Steve...stupid 121, D+1 on CH BS! Oh well, it was all good, T4 was obviously my most successful years, simply because my character was so powerful, not really my skills (although don't underestimate during that time, I was solid, just that I beat better players, simply because my character was so powerful, was what I was trying to say), I will admit that.

However...once Tekken 5 came around, and I started getting crushed, getting launching, seeing me lose 60-80%+ for messing up once. Giving so many characters hopkicks which lead to stupid damage+Wallsplats+Newbified Game Engine. I could tolerate Jin gettin nerfed, however I couldn't tolerate the game engine mechanics that where brought in Tekken 5.

I simply quit Tekken 5, so yeah, that was me, I 'was" competetive in Tekken, not anymore, I haven't touched a Tekken game for like...wow...I don't know how long now...so I probably suck really badly, lmao.  

Larly Sephiros

XxX_Overlord Priere_XxX

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:31 am
Tekken is very nice, but I kinda get bored if I keep playing it again and again.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:34 am
Oh yeah, I don't like it when the computer player 'cheat' . They can block so fast and attack me when they just block my attack.  

XxX_Overlord Priere_XxX

_x_tifa_strife19_x_

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:11 am
I am!  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:17 pm
yeah im a pretty serious tekken player.. ^^.

lol i only finished in fourth place in our tournament because of carelessness.. crying  

iSiopaopao

Interesting Conversationalist

The Tekken Force

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas