Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Back to Guilds

Dedicated to bringing Chinese and friends from all over the world together. 

Tags: China, Chinese, friendship, Culture 

Reply *~ International Chinese Unite ~*
Anyone here been to a Chinese school? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Night Rain55

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 8:14 am
No, I haven't been to a Chinese school... yet. I'll be attending Chinese school on August 21. I'm going to learn Mandarin. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 2:22 pm
yes i have... from Sk-6... i just quit... it was boring most years... but its good to make new friends ^_^ but the school that i was in was a old highschool.. so it also depends on where the chinese school is... one realli bad thing. kills homework time.... if u have a large homework load... i suggest u not to take chinese school  

[ Robyne ]

[J.C.]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 3:17 pm
i have, but i didnt' stay for too long sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 3:21 pm
Night Rain55
No, I haven't been to a Chinese school... yet. I'll be attending Chinese school on August 21. I'm going to learn Mandarin. 3nodding

3nodding Same, I've never been to one.
At this point I'm trying to enroll into chinese classes but the school I was planning on enrolling into, the beginner level that fits with my schudule is already filled up.-.-;
Brillant parents for waiting so lunch to try.

Darkaznstargoddess
Captain

Ruthless Genius

13,100 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Bunny Spotter 50

[J.C.]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 3:26 pm
Darkaznstargoddess
Night Rain55

At this point I'm trying to enroll into chinese classes but the school I was planning on enrolling into, the beginner level that fits with my schudule is already filled up.-.-;

my parents want to put me in the beginner level too, but i didn't want to be in the same class as 8 year olds sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 3:42 pm
Kurama35
Darkaznstargoddess
Night Rain55

my parents want to put me in the beginner level too, but i didn't want to be in the same class as 8 year olds sweatdrop

I don't really mind 8 year olds, its more about being shown up by one that is embrassing. Though the new method of teaching chinese sounds easier.  

Darkaznstargoddess
Captain

Ruthless Genius

13,100 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Flammable Bait

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 3:52 am
YES I HAVE I DONT WANT TO TALK ABOUT IT  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 5:22 pm
wiim
f1r3b4ll2000
i heard chinese skool is just a waste of time my friend goes to chinese skool hes always last in class...he dusn't know how to write anything and his teacher still lets him go up grade

That could be one of two reasons.
Maybe your friend just isn't trying enough, therefore not knowing anything.
Or, perhaps the teacher really is incompetent and passes anybody.

But believe me, Chinese school is useful. It may seem like a waste of time being an addition to regular school, but if you are not fluent in Chinese, you may regret not putting in effort when you become older.

well hes fluent in chinese/tawainese when hes talking he just dunno howta write the chinese writing is so complicated stressed I've tried and given up  

Dophane

wackywacko

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 7:28 am
I been to chinese from sk to 8. I could have went on to grade 9 but i don't feel like it in September i'll be entering grade 10 i might be deciding to take chinese school again but i'll be in grade 9 sadly crying  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 8:33 am
Kurama35
Darkaznstargoddess
Night Rain55

My friend told me I was going to learn with little kids. But I don't mind. Haha.. >=) Actually, I think I can beat them at the exam.  

Night Rain55

Minielf

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 1:17 am
I have a little brother who went back to China earlier this year, and my mum made him go to a Grade 3 school there.

Needless to say he was devastated from just 10 days of it, as Grade 3 in China= Grade 8 or 9 here in Australia. He still did alright. xd  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 3:05 am
I've been going since I was in Grade 3, so 7 years this year. I must admit that my Mandarin Chinese has dropped, I was much more better at it when I was younger.
I quit my old Chinese school at the end of last year because it was hard, they were doing Chinese levels direct from China, so you have all the little 1st lang Mandarin speakers in the class with me, the old one. And because I never spoke mando at home I'm not good at it. I speak a dialect called Hokkien, not too much people have heard of it but people in Singapore speak it.

Now the Chinese school i go to is pretty slack, it's mainly up to you if you want to learn or not, whereas my last school kept pushing.
But next year in Year 10 I wanna do VCE Chinese, but I'll have to move to another school yet again. I know that it is an extremely good school, and I should've started there this year but it is waay expensive.
I know it's good cos the principle told me that he taught a non-asian student from Year 7, with no background of Chinese whatsoever, and his VCE score was 33. That's very, very good, considering it's out of 50 and anything about 40 is excellent. And he only had about 6 years of Chinese.

Sorry if I bored you with what I'm saying. sweatdrop

K i m m e h

yalie5

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 7:57 pm
SLK
wiim
f1r3b4ll2000
i heard chinese skool is just a waste of time my friend goes to chinese skool hes always last in class...he dusn't know how to write anything and his teacher still lets him go up grade

That could be one of two reasons.
Maybe your friend just isn't trying enough, therefore not knowing anything.
Or, perhaps the teacher really is incompetent and passes anybody.

But believe me, Chinese school is useful. It may seem like a waste of time being an addition to regular school, but if you are not fluent in Chinese, you may regret not putting in effort when you become older.

well hes fluent in chinese/tawainese when hes talking he just dunno howta write the chinese writing is so complicated stressed I've tried and given up

I'm not fluent. And writing? well my parents should've enrolled me but I prolly threw a temper tantrum and i already regret not going. TT But we've got someone who lives with us speaking mandarin so I guess I'll get some sort of practice. mrgreen  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 8:09 am
I didn't attend chinese school, cause I'm Chinese myself, so It's just natural for me to speak and write Chinese blaugh  

arkchu78

mermaidmelody33

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 8:57 am
I never attend 1 too but I do have a private teacher who taught me how 2 write Calligraphies.  
*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff