Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
Homosexuality Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Goddess of the Coulee

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:33 pm
Honestly, (I know a majority won't agree with me.) I feel that everyone is bisexual on some level... some put it away on a deeper level and others allow it in the shallow waters.

I guess i am bisexual (still trying to figure this out with technicality.)
I am very picky about guys that I date and I'm even pickier about chicks... not that I've ever really dated a female.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:26 am
Dirty Dirty Shisno
I'm gay so I like us. We're cool. Unless your a walking stereotype gay your good in my book. Or if you eat babies. That makes you a bad person too. rofl

One more really long boring serious thing too. God in the beggining supposedly made adam and eve and they needed to get with the babymaking because if one of them died the human race would end. When you don't have enough of something it makes sense to make more. But now humans are killing the earth just by trying to survive. We need to have like 80% less people. I'd probably be part of the 80% of the people taken out just barely missing the 20% boat but we seriously need to chill out on the producing. So yeah, in summary the 20% smartest people in the earth need to survive the rest of us need to fertilize the earth. And I would not be part of the 20%.  

Dirty Dirty Shisno

Tchaik

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:14 pm
I am completely a-ok, 100% supportive of homosexuality. One of my best friends came out less than a year ago, and since then my support has grown. I care a lot about him, so I want to see him have the best life he can have, including marrying the man he falls in love with. Same-sex marriage, please!

When it comes to saying "that's gay," I don't say it. When someone else does say it, I'm a smartass and say things like, "you're absolutely correct; what you've got there is a homosexual computer/toaster/television!" or something.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:36 am
I really don't get it. Homosexuals are humans too, yet people feel the need to take away their rights just because of it. My brother is gay, and my step dad is a jackass because he kicked him out of the house for it. Now the only time I get to see my brother is at my dad's and when I go up north every summer.

Born Of Ash And Despair

Hallowed Phantom

Missuhs Bunneh

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 1:22 am
When I was still religious, I absolutely rejected people who were gay and bi, but...
I think I've gotten a lot more open minded about it since I became an atheist, and I even have a few bi/gay friends. I actually support gay marriages now. I think the rest of my family is against it though, but whatever smile  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:20 pm
Im gay, and people are being more open minded to people of the same sex getting married because they realize that they can prohibit marriage, but they can't prohibit love. I have neverbeen against gay marriage even when I didnt know I was, I think if you love the person, go for it.  

Explosive Effects101

gallows humour

Tipsy Gawker

15,500 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 5:27 pm
I spoke to an evolutionary biologist (Ph.D.) and a psychologist (Ph.D.) about it.

Everyone has some degree of homosexuality in them, and it may be expressed due to environmental factors (such as population density). For something that's so detrimental to one's reproductive capabilities it must be doing something quite helpful to society that we perhaps haven't figured out yet.

If I were to take an educated guess, it's probably a nurturing role, like that of old women. Old women can not reproduce but they're around to nurture others... that's why they continue to live so long after reproductive age.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 6:43 am
User Image

I agree that everyone probably has some degree of attraction to the same sex. Was it the Kinsey scale that says people are, on average, about 20% or so homosexual? I dunno, it was a long time ago when I read this. I have no problem in most circumstances (aside from those where I might be in danger from doing so) admitting that I have a certain level of attraction to other females. Not strong enough to overpower my attraction to men, but enough to make me want to look. whee

I took a class on evolutionary psychology last year and I remember that we speculated that homosexuality might have come around as a population control (which a figurative god figuratively knows we need right now). We also talked about the possibility that homosexuals would be a vital part of the family - having no offspring of their own, they would be more inclined to help look after their nieces and nephews.

User Image

Daffodil the Destroyer

Salty Bilge rat

44,725 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100

ellell89

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:44 pm
I don't really know how Christians feel about the gays, since i'm not one but My best friend at school was gay the biggest sterotype ever, apparently he started to be my friend 'cause he had a crush, but we always get on when we see eachother. The best thing about gay friends? calling them straight boy.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 3:36 pm
I say whatever floats your boat. I've never had anything against homosexuals or lesbians (in fact I love lesbians). I don't think i've ever had a gay friend or maybe i have? I personally don't consider myself to be bisexual. but that's cool if you are... whatever floats your boat. I've always been into chicks and don't see myself changing sides anytime soon.  

Alucard2021

Edi Gammon

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:42 pm
It all comes down to this. We are all made of the same stuff. Male, female, black, white, homosexual, heterosexual..... those are absolute terms that can never actually describe any real living human accurately.... They keep us from experiencing how completely unique we all are. They trick us into overlooking the vast depth of human heritage we all share, and the fact that we are all relatives. People get so comfortable with these terms, they forget that it's not the labels that are real, the people are.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 7:52 am
Goddess of the Coulee
Honestly, (I know a majority won't agree with me.) I feel that everyone is bisexual on some level... some put it away on a deeper level and others allow it in the shallow waters.

I am very picky about guys that I date and I'm even pickier about chicks... not that I've ever really dated a female.

I agree with you.

On all levels we are just after what feels good. We're hardwired that way.

Sexuality, is much more complicated and simple than anyone gives it credit for. Making sexual preferences is just another way of humans trying to be different and persecute one another.

Although, I don't want a sexual relationship with a man, I have had a boyfriend, but it was pretty much for the companionship. I'm sort of a sexist at heart XD.  

Pilfer von Durem

Apocalyptic Slayer

16,700 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Vicious Spirit 250
  • Survivor 150

Missuhs Bunneh

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:29 pm
I don't have anything against people who are gay, although, it's really upsetting when I stick up for someone because they're getting harassed for being gay, and then I get called gay for sticking up for someone who's gay as well as harassed. It really pisses me off, because I"m straight, and it's one of the least unpleasant things in the world to be called and made fun of something you aren't. crying  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:34 pm
Goddess of the Coulee

I happen to be one of those people who disagree with your statement. It is not possible for everyone to be bisexual on some level because of the existence of asexual who are physically incapable of being attracted to either men or women. Go here for more information on asexuality.

Sanguvixen

Zombicide

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 10:48 am
I could go on forever about what I think of gays. I think that yes, it's alright to be gay, yes, you're born that way, but no, it's not genetic. I think it has to do with am imbalance of sex hormones. In that case, homosexuality is not a choice. However, acting out on your feelings by being gay is a choice. You can't help the way you feel, but you can choose to act on your feelings.

Unfortunately, homosexuality has become a fad recently. Teens and college kids try and do it to "stand-out" or "be different" from everyone else. I am against that kind of homosexuality. It's stupid, and in a way mocking the way someone was born. This is also where my opinion of bisexuality comes in, something I will not state since it's not very good for a first post/impression.  
The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff