You might be bad at Tekken if... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Icege

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 7:08 pm
Hiroshima Jackson
You suck at Tekken if you allow your character to stand there befuddled while your opponent goes through the motions to perform their unblockable.

The problem w/ Eddy and Christie is that it's too easy to be effective with them. For some reason people can't seem to grasp the concept that the majority of their attacks come in low. I used him for a while when he was new because I thought including that fighting style was a novel idea, but I quickly grew bored.

Incorrect. Chreddy's big lows, which destroy scrubs and do all the damage, are retarded slow and get blocked/low parried on the regular. Their strings are very easy to see, which gives you ample opportunity for low parrying and taking half life.

What makes Chreddy so good is their solid mids, and some of the quicker, annoying lows that do very minimal damage, but they're impossible to block on reaction. He's also got a quick throw that's a 1+2 break and does as much damage as a juggle. They've got great evasive abilities as well.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 1:07 am
I suppose I stand corrected as to what makes them so effective, but Chreddy is still a masher's best friend. They're too easy for people to get over with. I mean, they don't work against me, but I use Hwoarang... and he's not havin' it.  

Hiroshima Jackson

Icege

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:09 am
Hiroshima Jackson
I suppose I stand corrected as to what makes them so effective, but Chreddy is still a masher's best friend. They're too easy for people to get over with. I mean, they don't work against me, but I use Hwoarang... and he's not havin' it.

They're easy against people that suck at the game and don't know how to block low.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 12:52 am
Icege
Hiroshima Jackson

They're easy against people that suck at the game and don't know how to block low.
like a friend of mine, I get him with Jin's 1,3 and f,N,d,d/f+4 everytime...  

Tekkensennin
Crew

BlueHeartShinigami

2,150 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Member 100
  • Consumer 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 4:19 pm
Tekkensennin
Do I suck in the game coz when I play against my friend who I've been playing against for a long time can pretty much guess some of my moves?
Although I beat him most of the time.

Do I suck?

No, but if you fail to switch up your flow and mix up your attacks, yeah you do. If he can guess some, then naw, he just studied you. But if you just sit there wondering why everyone one of my attacks are being blocked, then yeah you do.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:40 am
Indigo_Blue
Tekkensennin
Do I suck in the game coz when I play against my friend who I've been playing against for a long time can pretty much guess some of my moves?

Do I suck?

No, but if you fail to switch up your flow and mix up your attacks, yeah you do. If he can guess some, then naw, he just studied you. But if you just sit there wondering why everyone one of my attacks are being blocked, then yeah you do.
Then, I don't suck  

Tekkensennin
Crew

BlueHeartShinigami

2,150 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Member 100
  • Consumer 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 12:53 pm
Tekkensennin
Indigo_Blue
Tekkensennin

Do I suck?

Then, I don't suck

Exactly, now all you have to do is throw those moves away and learn some new tactics. He won't be able to touch you.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 6:04 am
Indigo_Blue
Tekkensennin
Indigo_Blue
Tekkensennin

Do I suck?

Then, I don't suck

Exactly, now all you have to do is throw those moves away and learn some new tactics. He won't be able to touch you.
Get rid of all my launchers!? O_O How the ******** am I supposed to juggle then?  

Tekkensennin
Crew

Kradvity

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 8:54 am
Tekkensennin
Indigo_Blue
Tekkensennin
Indigo_Blue
Tekkensennin

Do I suck?

Then, I don't suck

Get rid of all my launchers!? O_O How the ******** am I supposed to juggle then?

What, the only moves you use are launchers ( +juggles )? neutral  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 9:05 am
Kradvity
Tekkensennin
Indigo_Blue
Tekkensennin
Indigo_Blue
Tekkensennin

Do I suck?

Then, I don't suck

What, the only moves you use are launchers ( +juggles )? neutral
No, but Juggling's fun... and effective.  

Tekkensennin
Crew

Icege

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 7:03 pm
"Getting rid of all those old moves for new one" is something you do not want to do. Why would you get rid of WS+2, u/f+4, 2,1, Hellsweep, etc in exchange for WS+3, b+3,4, b+2, 1,3,2,1,4, etc?

I think what he really meant was alter your tactics. Mindgames, for instance. For example, after a wall splat, if you typically do f+3~3 while the tech roll and make them guess between u/f+1+2, f,N,d,d/f+1, or d+4, try a different approach. After the f+3~3, during the throw attempt, don't just do u/f+1+2, try basic left or right throws as well. Instead of the electric launcher as your only mid, use d/f+1 as well (or other moves). On top of that, instead of starting it all with f+3~3, come out with a Hellsweep as well.

We all have habits and set-ups we like. For example, after punishing somebody with Marduk's 2,1 I like to do ff+1+2. Obviously, people will start to pick up on this and either start breaking the throw or ducking it. This is where other options come into play... ff+1 for example. A safe, mid launcher. Even better, do nothing. Doing nothing is sometimes the biggest mindgame.

Come up with new set-ups. Personally, I write things down. It helps me look and reflect. This works with school, work, and games biggrin

Think of decent moves Jin has that you don't use too often. Do you use b+2,3 at all? It's a safe, NCc (natural combo on counterhit). On top of that, it tracks. This is an excellent move because it goes hm while still being safe. What about after that f+3~3 on the wall, going into CDS and then backdashing away. Sure, you're giving him breathing room, but what's he going to be thinking when you back up? I know if you're usually all over me and then backing up, it's going to screw with my head. Why are you getting space? What are you planning? What about if I think you're scared and end up walking into an EWGF that re-wall splats me?  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:54 am
Icege
"Getting rid of all those old moves for new one" is something you do not want to do. Why would you get rid of WS+2, u/f+4, 2,1, Hellsweep, etc in exchange for WS+3, b+3,4, b+2, 1,3,2,1,4, etc?

I think what he really meant was alter your tactics. Mindgames, for instance. For example, after a wall splat, if you typically do f+3~3 while the tech roll and make them guess between u/f+1+2, f,N,d,d/f+1, or d+4, try a different approach. After the f+3~3, during the throw attempt, don't just do u/f+1+2, try basic left or right throws as well. Instead of the electric launcher as your only mid, use d/f+1 as well (or other moves). On top of that, instead of starting it all with f+3~3, come out with a Hellsweep as well.

We all have habits and set-ups we like. For example, after punishing somebody with Marduk's 2,1 I like to do ff+1+2. Obviously, people will start to pick up on this and either start breaking the throw or ducking it. This is where other options come into play... ff+1 for example. A safe, mid launcher. Even better, do nothing. Doing nothing is sometimes the biggest mindgame.

Come up with new set-ups. Personally, I write things down. It helps me look and reflect. This works with school, work, and games biggrin

Think of decent moves Jin has that you don't use too often. Do you use b+2,3 at all? It's a safe, NCc (natural combo on counterhit). On top of that, it tracks. This is an excellent move because it goes hm while still being safe. What about after that f+3~3 on the wall, going into CDS and then backdashing away. Sure, you're giving him breathing room, but what's he going to be thinking when you back up? I know if you're usually all over me and then backing up, it's going to screw with my head. Why are you getting space? What are you planning? What about if I think you're scared and end up walking into an EWGF that re-wall splats me?
Now that you put it like that... *Gets PSP*  

Tekkensennin
Crew

BlueHeartShinigami

2,150 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Member 100
  • Consumer 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:00 pm
Icege

So not what I meant. I meant strategy, not moves. I mean stopping using that pattern.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:32 pm
Indigo_Blue
So not what I meant. I meant strategy, not moves. I mean stopping using that pattern.

Which is exactly what I said you meant razz  

Icege

BlueHeartShinigami

2,150 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Member 100
  • Consumer 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 2:25 pm
Icege
Indigo_Blue

Which is exactly what I said you meant razz

I know. I was sure I edited that post but my computer's retarded.

You might be bad at Tekken if you get your a** whipped and say " Well, see me in Street Fighter". Play Street Fighter ,get your a** whipped some more and say " Well, see me in Mortal Kombat" Get your a** bust in that and so on and so on....  
The Tekken Force

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff