Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
~*Official Anime/Manga/Etc. Thread.*~ Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Japanese Entertainment Media!
  I like it.
  I love it.
  I want some more of it.
  I try so hard, I can't rise above it.
  Dont know what it is 'bout that little gals lovin,
  But I like it, I love it, I want some more of it.
View Results

banryuu

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:23 am
Meirelle
Dathu
banryuu
I vote for a new season of slayers. Thats what we need.

I second that motion!

Yay! :3 I miss that show. heart

I feel sorry for the little Otaku(s) in the making that don't know animes we thrived on. Slayers, Escaflowne, ect. The poor kids think Naruto and Inuyasha are all thats out there. crying

I've adopted a 13 year old Otaku flegdling. She had never heard of Escaflowne so one night we watched the whole serise. Not only does she now love it she has convinced her firnds to look past the insainly pointy noses and they love it now too. Slavers is on the list to show her but someone stold my 1st season tapes. Blasphamy!  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:32 am
Dathu
Oooo, we got some pretty pictures up in here. biggrin

blaugh You like my art for my story.
User Image
The Lion girl is Joruun (Jen in real life) the Cheeta guy is Varik (my friend Vash as everyone calls him)  

banryuu

Becka Minato

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:38 am
Wow, your pictures are awesome banryuu! blaugh  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:07 pm
Becka Minato

Thankx I love to draw but I only seem to be good at head shots. I'm trying to work on action shots and full body. I don't think anyone would watch 24 episodes of nothing but someone stareing at you. Too creepy.  

banryuu

Becka Minato

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 10:53 am
banryuu
Becka Minato

Thankx I love to draw but I only seem to be good at head shots. I'm trying to work on action shots and full body. I don't think anyone would watch 24 episodes of nothing but someone stareing at you. Too creepy.
Lol, I think your right. ^_^  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 7:36 pm
Becka Minato

I can't draw to save my life.......
Unless you count mutilated stick peoples.

cup_noodles

banryuu

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:11 pm
cup_noodles
Becka Minato

See you've got me there I can't draw stick figures.

User Image

But I can do that. Its called sight drawing. I can look at something say a cover of a tape and draw a covincing reproduction changeing the size or details. I did most of my fanarts years ago. Now most of the pictures I try to draw are only in my head. Makes it more difficult... acutaly my hands rarely do what my mind wants them to. I have a vivid imagination when I listen to music I see images or scenes that have never been put on paper.
Very fustrating. Cause no one can see what I see. I need ALOT of work on my drawing before I can attemt to reproduce the images.
User Image  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 1:53 am
I like your Ranko. n_n;;  

Theophrastus

Becka Minato

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 7:44 am
banryuu
cup_noodles
Becka Minato

See you've got me there I can't draw stick figures.

User Image

But I can do that. Its called sight drawing. I can look at something say a cover of a tape and draw a covincing reproduction changeing the size or details. I did most of my fanarts years ago. Now most of the pictures I try to draw are only in my head. Makes it more difficult... acutaly my hands rarely do what my mind wants them to. I have a vivid imagination when I listen to music I see images or scenes that have never been put on paper.
Very fustrating. Cause no one can see what I see. I need ALOT of work on my drawing before I can attemt to reproduce the images.
User Image
I do that alot, but I call it blowing up. I can draw a large image from a small one, and add details and background to it. I'm having trouble thinking of ideas for stuff to draw now though...  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 12:08 pm
Theophrastus
I like your Ranko. n_n;;

Thankx I'm proud of that one. My friend drew the matching Ranma-kun. They looked cool side my side.  

banryuu

banryuu

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 12:09 pm
Becka Minato I Know the feeling.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 1:02 pm
This is what bothers me about anime fans. And feel free to defend yourself on this front.

Anime is not a genre. Anime, much like American live television, is meant for a wide range of ages and tastes. Saying, "I like anime" is like saying, "I like tv." It's just a format that says nothing whatsoever about the content or intent of the program.

I've seen anime that I love. I've also seen Danish drama that I love. But I wouldn't go around saying I love Danish dramas - and that's way more specific an example than anime!

Saying, "I like anime" doesn't make a bit of sense to me.

Please help me out on this.

hachimitsugirl

Dathu

Newbie Noob

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 3:17 pm
hachimitsugirl
This is what bothers me about anime fans. And feel free to defend yourself on this front.

Anime is not a genre. Anime, much like American live television, is meant for a wide range of ages and tastes. Saying, "I like anime" is like saying, "I like tv." It's just a format that says nothing whatsoever about the content or intent of the program.

I've seen anime that I love. I've also seen Danish drama that I love. But I wouldn't go around saying I love Danish dramas - and that's way more specific an example than anime!

I can somewhat agree with you on that since Anime covers a wide variety of genres: drama, sci-fi, fantasy, horror, etc. However, I do think there are people out there who just like Anime, as in, if you had the same story, characters, etc, they wouldn't like it if it were filmed, but write it in Japanese and animate it, and they'll love it. So I agree that just saying you like anime is very vague since anime is very varietous (is that a word?), but at the same time, I think there are people out there that just love anything from Japan that's animated. Ne?  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 3:24 pm
"Ne?" Says dathu. *mocks*

Saying that you love anime, I suppose, just helps you to form a sort of group that you can be classified in. Such as calling yourself an atheist. Just because you don't believe in god, doesn't mean that you have the same structure life style as me, does it? (And if it does, dude, woah, scary)

But saying you love anime means that you like the art form. American art tends to be more realistic looking that Japanime art. Or at least it used to, till everyone started drawing large breasted, floofy haired, big eyed people. Yes, people. razz

I like Japanese dramas and Korean dramas, but that usually isn't instilled with the idea of me liking anime. Anime... Animation. Japanese animation. Of massive proportions. OH MY GODS LOOK! BACON!

Tea in the Boston harbor? WHAT?!

PickleBoy

hachimitsugirl

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 4:18 pm
Dathu
hachimitsugirl

I can somewhat agree with you on that since Anime covers a wide variety of genres: drama, sci-fi, fantasy, horror, etc. However, I do think there are people out there who just like Anime, as in, if you had the same story, characters, etc, they wouldn't like it if it were filmed, but write it in Japanese and animate it, and they'll love it. So I agree that just saying you like anime is very vague since anime is very varietous (is that a word?), but at the same time, I think there are people out there that just love anything from Japan that's animated. Ne?

Hmm. I understand your point. However, I have a major quibble with it:
Anyone who would not enjoy an anime were it filmed in live action seems very disingenuous. If the story is good, if it's well directed, etc. why wouldn't their enjoyment carry over? I mean, animation can be so well done but to love something for only the animation seems dreadfully superficial.

I'm beginning to think my view & tastes regarding media are both egalitarian and discriminating to a dizzying degree. redface

The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff