Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

binaryfaerie

Sparkly Fairy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 3:22 pm
Leri
Lepidus Light
@Leri: I like the German cover for KKJ. ^^ Yeah, they really should've kept the "wo" because I'm having a hard time (For some reason) explaining to my friends that there is no difference between "Full Moon wo Sagashite" and "Full Moon o Sagashite"...

*falls over* I'm just annoyed at how... simple and unprofessional it all looks.. sweatdrop

It is really ugly. Come to think of it, I think the Spanish ones were pretty bad, too...
User Image
The Spanish version is split up into 13, 96-page volumes... I wonder what the "extra" volumes' cover art are. I used to know a Spanish comics site, but I don't have the link anymore.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 3:57 pm
solarfacade

It is really ugly. Come to think of it, I think the Spanish ones were pretty bad, too...
User Image
The Spanish version is split up into 13, 96-page volumes... I wonder what the "extra" volumes' cover art are. I used to know a Spanish comics site, but I don't have the link anymore.

It is likely to be some of the chapter pics that Ribon used.
I mean, there's more than 13 full page pics in my KKJ artbook; so it's likely what they deemed the better ones out of those.

Mineka_C.

binaryfaerie

Sparkly Fairy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 7:47 pm
Mineka_C.
solarfacade

User Image

It is likely to be some of the chapter pics that Ribon used.
I mean, there's more than 13 full page pics in my KKJ artbook; so it's likely what they deemed the better ones out of those.

Yeah, but did they use all the "original" covers, with some other ones in between? Did they even use all the original covers? @.@ And why didn't they leave it in 7 volumes? It seems weird to break it up like that... especially since some volumes have omake (I think...) Probably some stupid marketing ploy, but it still seems odd.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 8:23 pm
I suppose they'll make more money if fans buy all 13 volumes instead of just 7. o0; Either way, it's not something I'd call very good.  

Lepidus Light

binaryfaerie

Sparkly Fairy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 8:55 pm
Lepidus Light
I suppose they'll make more money if fans buy all 13 volumes instead of just 7. o0; Either way, it's not something I'd call very good.

I know of another Spanish translated series that was split up the same way... Yoshizumi Wataru's 7 volume Mint na Bokura was split up into 16 volumes. The scanlations circulating the internet were done from that version. I have some of them, and some of the chapters have really awful endings because they cut them in half to put them into a book. Argh! D:  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 5:58 am
I have all the 44 episodes of KKJ. I'd like to thank my good friend Fiona a.k.a Twinztar for burning all the episodes for me 3nodding ! It was worth the long wait. I wish I some of the KKJ manga though, o well crying !  

Bunny Laydee

Leri
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 2:50 pm
solarfacade
Leri
Lepidus Light
@Leri: I like the German cover for KKJ. ^^ Yeah, they really should've kept the "wo" because I'm having a hard time (For some reason) explaining to my friends that there is no difference between "Full Moon wo Sagashite" and "Full Moon o Sagashite"...

*falls over* I'm just annoyed at how... simple and unprofessional it all looks.. sweatdrop

User Image

*twitches* The logos scare me so much gonk

I mean... fans online/scanlation groups can do better than that... so why can't the 'professionals' do so as well? confused  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 1:25 pm

Those logos are scary...
xp
The odd thing is that usually the fans can come up with more imaginative and better looking things than the professionals on occasion. It's rather odd since you'd think someone doing it for a career would be able to create something that's up to par...

Lepidus Light

binaryfaerie

Sparkly Fairy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 3:24 pm
Lepidus Light

Those logos are scary...
xp
The odd thing is that usually the fans can come up with more imaginative and better looking things than the professionals on occasion. It's rather odd since you'd think someone doing it for a career would be able to create something that's up to par...

Perhaps its because the fans can be a lot more dedicated, especially if they are creating something for one of their favorite series.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 10:18 am
I've only read the manga, is the anime good as well?  

PrincessRyoko

Lepidus Light

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 1:59 pm
I haven't actually watched the anime, but I saw some screenshots and the ones I saw kind of gave me the impression that they colored it with markers...  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 9:13 pm
PrincessRyoko
I've only read the manga, is the anime good as well?

Nah. Not as good. If possible, I give it a 3.5 out of 5 stars.  

Leri
Vice Captain

Noir_Miko

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 6:03 pm
KamiKaze Kaitou Jeanne is differnt then DN Angel. And I love them bouth. But I like KamiKaze Kaitou Jeanne better. Im currnetly watchinf the anime and its not as good as the manga.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 6:26 pm
OMG...wow.... eek thats all i could say... eek  

akeikas
Captain

Noir_Miko

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 6:43 pm
KazehaneRio_FLAME
OMG...wow.... eek thats all i could say... eek

for what?  
OFFICIAL TANEMURA ARINA GUILD

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items