Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
Things that could improve Resident Evil Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 7:46 pm
Vinessa_Valentine
Biohazard EXTREME
It would have made them less challenging, too. Dino Crisis definitely headed toward the direction of Action Horror, not Survival Horror. Which worked for IT, considering the most basic enemies in the game are Raptors and Raptors are fast.
With zombies it would be too easy.
If that'd be the case, then why couldn't they just put in more zombies and creatures to compensate for challenge factor?
Because, more zombies doesn't mean more scary. You could fill the screen with enemies, that doesn't make it scary. RE5 is proof of that.  
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 9:31 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Vinessa_Valentine
Biohazard EXTREME
It would have made them less challenging, too. Dino Crisis definitely headed toward the direction of Action Horror, not Survival Horror. Which worked for IT, considering the most basic enemies in the game are Raptors and Raptors are fast.
With zombies it would be too easy.
If that'd be the case, then why couldn't they just put in more zombies and creatures to compensate for challenge factor?
Because, more zombies doesn't mean more scary. You could fill the screen with enemies, that doesn't make it scary. RE5 is proof of that.
True. Hhmmm...  

Vinessa_Valentine

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 9:33 pm
That's why big open areas don't fit RE style. I mean, the earlier RE games had some open areas. But those were mostly for boss fights, like the heliport in RE1.

But when it comes down to Hunters, Zombies, Lickers, etc. The narrow corridors, the cramped rooms. That's what creates that tension that panic.  
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 11:23 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
That's why big open areas don't fit RE style. I mean, the earlier RE games had some open areas. But those were mostly for boss fights, like the heliport in RE1.

But when it comes down to Hunters, Zombies, Lickers, etc. The narrow corridors, the cramped rooms. That's what creates that tension that panic.
I always found the Pueblo at the beginning to be just as panic inducing. Ganados coming at you from all angles, and i you go into the house with the shotgun, there was the horrific sound of the chainsaw starting up.  

Vinessa_Valentine

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 11:26 pm
Yeah, but it's so much easier. It's like, "Oh s**t! Where do I go?... Oh yeah... Out the window."

There's almost always a place to run. See, it's like... In the earlier RE games, I was afraid of the enemy. Whereas in RE4, I'm simply afraid of being outnumbered. It's like... The enemies aren't panic inducing, just their numbers.  
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 12:11 am
Biohazard EXTREME
Yeah, but it's so much easier. It's like, "Oh s**t! Where do I go?... Oh yeah... Out the window."

There's almost always a place to run. See, it's like... In the earlier RE games, I was afraid of the enemy. Whereas in RE4, I'm simply afraid of being outnumbered. It's like... The enemies aren't panic inducing, just their numbers.
True that...  

Vinessa_Valentine

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 8:18 pm
I think Resident Evil 0 should have had a bonus intro. Like, it might be Rebecca's game, but considering that you can switch between Billy and Rebecca, means that they're both main characters.

So, after beating the game a we know it, I would've included a bonus Billy intro which shows him escaping from the MP jeep and everything he did up until he met Rebecca.  
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 9:50 pm
Watch them make a scenario of him running from the Jeep to the train if they make UC2. xd "The Beginning of the Beginning of the End"  

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 9:57 pm
Well, if that's the case, then whichever member of this guild is a Capcom mole, should tell them to do better work. You heard me, mole!... Mooole!
Moley, moley, moley, moley, mole!!!  
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 4:54 am
rofl

Bio, YOU should be a Capcom mole. Go in there and start a revolution, hun.  

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 4:59 am
Worst comes to worst, I'll shoot up the place. And then when I get arrested I'll say that RE4 and RE5 encouraged me to shoot hordes of insane ethnic groups.  
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 5:04 am
And then when I see your smug smirk on TV I'll light a candle and bring you meatballs in jail.  

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 5:08 am
With any luck, the judge will be a hardcore classic RE fan, and he'll agree with my testimony, and get me acquitted.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:00 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
With any luck, the judge will be a hardcore classic RE fan, and he'll agree with my testimony, and get me acquitted.
Sounds like prosecution will just call for another trial and bring the case to the Supreme Court on account of a biased judge.  

Vinessa_Valentine

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:03 pm
Well, if I have to get executed, at least it'll be for a good cause.  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff