Welcome to Gaia! ::

Numenore - A LOTR Community

Back to Guilds

Tags: Lotr, Tolkien 

Reply Mittalmar - Original Archives
Guild Photo Album (post your pics!) Alphabetical Order! ^^ Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 77 78 79 80 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Khorkalba

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 3:30 pm
Menegil
The EURO 2004 held in Portugal (which so happens to be my homeland) was one of our most glorious achievements. Never did we had a better classification in a Europe Cup. We ended up kicked by the Greeks in the finals...long live the Trojans... stare

England adepts, and I'm sorry for saying this, but it's true, behaved likea bunch of swines, both in Portugal and in England. I've actually heard on the news that a bunch of England adepts ended up vandalizing a Portuguese bar somewhere in London, or someplace nearby...

But man, the England - Portugal game was really glorious, and never had I seen a football (soccer for americans) game like it. It was unique, and I sincerely congratulate the English players for the amazing game, despite their beer-loving adepts. The England - Portugal game was indisputably the best game of the Cup, and you have to admit it. 3nodding

Boy, is this off-topic... sweatdrop

EDIT: Did you know that Portugal and England are one of the oldest alliances of the world? And that the favourite wine of the English kings and queens came, and still comes, from Portugal? And that we here in Portugal love British wool? xd

Aye it was an excellent game... so tense. And yes, it was a shame that the English fans behaved so badly. If Portugal hadn't of sent us home, The fans probably would of. sad

...And yes, I knew that. Except for the wool part. eek  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 3:43 pm
*continuing the Curiosities About Portugal topic*

-Did you know that, if it weren't for a fraud made by the Spanish, the ones colonizing South America would be us Portuguese?

-Did you know that due to the Treaty of Alcácovas, Christopher Columbus should have given the lands by him recently discovered to us, Portuguese, but as he had been financed by Spain, he frauded the maps, so that we couldn't get those lands? That would mean that probably Central America and part of North America would be speaking Portuguese by now. 3nodding

-Did you know that the people who fought the hardest against the Roman armies were the Lusitani (The original Portuguese people, therefore the naming they give us; Lusitan, luso-descendant, yada yada yada...)?

-Did you know that the Portuguese sailors and ships, in the XV and XVI centuries, were the greatest of the world? Eärendil, anyone? xd

-Did you know that the Portuguese colonies were so vast that could occupy the entire Western Europe?

Yes, we were once a great people. Our problem; Incompetent leaders/kings. Spent, and spent, and didn't thought of saving. Learn from us Portuguese, children, for we are now the bottom of Europe, thanks to our beloved leaders! *thumbs up, and shows a fakely large smile*  

Menegil
Vice Captain

Onoj

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 3:47 pm
Zurgiea
Soccer/Football = Borrrring!

Gimme hockey!

Cept for the fact there's a lockout right now because the coaches want to cap players salaries *cries* So there's no hockey this winter. It's sad.

Are you CRAZY!?!?! Soccer is awesome! I can't stand hockey but I will stay up until four in the morning watching soccer games.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 3:53 pm
Ya'll are crazy.
Sports=teh no.

Give me cartoons and coloring books for entertainement any day.  

Caeleste

Zurgi

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 3:55 pm
Onoj
Zurgiea

Gimme hockey!

Cept for the fact there's a lockout right now because the coaches want to cap players salaries *cries* So there's no hockey this winter. It's sad.

Are you CRAZY!?!?! Soccer is awesome! I can't stand hockey but I will stay up until four in the morning watching soccer games.

Hockey is so much better than boring soccer. Psht. *huggles her hockey stick signed by all the Toronto Maple Leafs* Wootness.

I fit the Canadians heart hockey stereotype ^_^  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 3:58 pm
Onoj
Zurgiea

Gimme hockey!

I quite agree. 3nodding

Menegil
-Did you know that the people who fought the hardest against the Roman armies were the Lusitani (The original Portuguese people, therefore the naming they give us; Lusitan, luso-descendant, yada yada yada...)?

That's partly true.
I'm not sure as "Fought the hardest" is the right term to use, as they did not do the most damage to the Roman empire. Tribes such as the Huns did.  

Khorkalba

Onoj

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 4:16 pm
Akiyo
Ya'll are crazy.
Sports=teh no.

Give me cartoons and coloring books for entertainement any day.

Ahh who can forget their roots of Coloring books and cartoons? I haven't yet! I still color and watch cartoons all the time. (Yeah I am 17 and proud of it. wink )  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 4:21 pm
So... how about those pictures...? sweatdrop

*In a pathetic attempt to steer the thread back on-topic, curumo feared that it was all in vain... XP  

curumo

Menegil
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 4:23 pm
Longbow: When I said fought the hardest, I was not saying that they caused more damage. They just defended themselves pretty hard, and were the most difficult people to be subjugated. And even so, the Romans had to constantly send troops to Lusitania so that they could be defeated, and only won because they assassinated Viriato, leader of the Lusitani people, by bribing two of his companions to assassinate him.

The ones that damaged Rome the most were the Barbarians, the Goths, to be more exact. After a series of battles, Aleric, or what the hell was his name, King of the Goths, managed to siege Rome, breach their defenses and pillage their homes, rape their women, and assassinate their rulers.

O, the romantic times. xd xp  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 4:31 pm
Menegil
Longbow: When I said fought the hardest, I was not saying that they caused more damage. They just defended themselves pretty hard, and were the most difficult people to be subjugated. And even so, the Romans had to constantly send troops to Lusitania so that they could be defeated, and only won because they assassinated Viriato, leader of the Lusitani people, by bribing two of his companions to assassinate him.

The ones that damaged Rome the most were the Barbarians, the Goths, to be more exact. After a series of battles, Aleric, or what the hell was his name, King of the Goths, managed to siege Rome, breach their defenses and pillage their homes, rape their women, and assassinate their rulers.

O, the romantic times. xd xp

Don't forget Attila the Hun, who was known as the scourge of god by the Romans, and his successful assaults on the Eastern empire.

I love how this PYP thread has turned into a discussion on ancient history. xd  

Khorkalba

Imyavie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 4:41 pm
Ah, but I have a very fond place in my heart for both football/soccer AND hockey heart Curse teh lockout xp .  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 5:30 pm
*lurks so doesn't have to post picture*

Although this post now defeats the purpose of that so yeah...

Yay for everyone's pretty pictures! *jealous*  

Glorfirith Annun
Crew

Caeleste

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 5:44 pm
Longbow needs to post his picture soon. Like he promised.

I'm getting cranky and want to slice something in half. I'm going to bed before I no longer have a computer. Goodnight.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 6:18 pm
I don't like posting pictures of myself but I suppose I should considering everyone else is.. **nudges longbow**

You can't really tell but my hair is really really long...like down to the small of my back...and thankfully these pictures hide my round face...

Alright...this one is of my at home in my PJs sick from school...because my webcam sucked before it broke you can't see my freckles-and I love my freckles whee

User Image

This is me a couple of years ago...when I was going through my dark phase

User Image

And this is me and my cat wilbur. I don't have any pictures of the kittens but i'll try to find some...you can't really tell he's a cat however...because he's a persian and possesses abundant amounts of fur he looks like a furball...

User Image  

Nolah de Fanel

Vendie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 6:25 pm
Gaia ate my last post domokun

Anywho....
User Image

I really wish I had a good picture of me as an elf for Halloween to post. Alas, I have none! sad  
Mittalmar - Original Archives

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 77 78 79 80 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff