Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Republican Guild of Gaia [A Big Tent Republican Guild]

Back to Guilds

A Political-Debate Guild Aimed at Republican Users. 

Tags: republican, conservative, debate, politics, moderate 

Reply The Republican Guild of Gaia
Abortion Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Stance
  Pro-life
  Only when the mother's life is endangered
  Only during first trimester
  Only during first two trimesters
  Pro-choice
  On the Fence
View Results

Mousers09

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 4:53 pm
[Ish-Kabibble]
I'm definately Pro-Life and it irks me to hear some of these Democratic politicians claim they are against killing innocent people though war but are still pro-abortion. xP I mean, how could you get more innocent than a fetus?

Therefore, YOU make the baby = YOU give birth to it.

True, rape happens, but according to THIS WEBSITE only about 225 women get pregnant by rape per year. Small, eh? This is because of statistice, but isn't a 100% thing.

I just don't understand why we can't allow something the right to life either way, though. I mean, put it up for adoption if you really don't want it/aren't able to care for it. Oftentimes the aftermath of an abortion hurts more than the mothers thought. Many women suffer from depression, emotional problems and can carry that for years and years.

My mom was a teen mother. She became pregnant with my older sister at age 15, gave birth at 16. If there's one thing she did right in her life so far, it's give birth to my sister instead of aborting her. My mom realized her mistake and took the consequences for it. She lived off wellfare as she struggled through High School. She married my father(Not my sister's dad) and graduated college. According to statistics, she was one of the 1.5% that graduate college before 30. If it was YOUR mistake, deal with it. Don't run from it. Don't try to hide it. Don't take it out on something so innocent as a baby in your womb.

I watched a video that said
1% abortions are rape
1% incest
97% birth control  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:00 pm
I recently got the book "Conservative Combacks to Liberal Lies" for Christmas and the first chapter is about abortion. I'll give some mega examples of why abortion is wrong.

Some may say: "It's unfair to bring unwanted children into the world."
But is it fair to stick surgical scissors into the back of a baby's skull and suck out the brains with a vaccume then dismember the body and throw it away? No. it's not.

Humans cannot be defined by where in they live. Saying that the fetus is just a 'part of a womans' body' is a lie. Gregg Jackson states that a part of a human body is defined by a genetic code it shares with the rest of the body. An unborn child's genetic code is completely different, therefore it's only residing inside the womb and isn't "part of the woman's body"

A fetus isn't just a 'blob of tissue.' The latin word, "fetus" means "Little child"

There are also long-term phycological affects from women who undergo abortions. I believe it's called post-abortion-anxiety or something like that.

Some also say that abortions are safe for the women, but in reality, abortions are painful (Mentally and physically) and there have been cases of women dying. I'm not talking from 'back alley' abortions. I'm talking full-fleged abortion clinics in which women have died.

It's sick. Disgusting. If a woman has the right to her own body, then what about all the aborted females each year? It's such a contradictory thing and needs to be permanently banned.

[Ish-Kabibble]

Mousers09

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:56 am
[Ish-Kabibble]
I recently got the book "Conservative Combacks to Liberal Lies" for Christmas and the first chapter is about abortion. I'll give some mega examples of why abortion is wrong.

Some may say: "It's unfair to bring unwanted children into the world."
But is it fair to stick surgical scissors into the back of a baby's skull and suck out the brains with a vaccume then dismember the body and throw it away? No. it's not.

Humans cannot be defined by where in they live. Saying that the fetus is just a 'part of a womans' body' is a lie. Gregg Jackson states that a part of a human body is defined by a genetic code it shares with the rest of the body. An unborn child's genetic code is completely different, therefore it's only residing inside the womb and isn't "part of the woman's body"

A fetus isn't just a 'blob of tissue.' The latin word, "fetus" means "Little child"

There are also long-term phycological affects from women who undergo abortions. I believe it's called post-abortion-anxiety or something like that.

Some also say that abortions are safe for the women, but in reality, abortions are painful (Mentally and physically) and there have been cases of women dying. I'm not talking from 'back alley' abortions. I'm talking full-fleged abortion clinics in which women have died.

It's sick. Disgusting. If a woman has the right to her own body, then what about all the aborted females each year? It's such a contradictory thing and needs to be permanently banned.

You bring up a good point. I want to say something about PAA Post-ABortioin-Anxiety

Woman release a hormone when they give birth that make them become emotionally attached to the child... and when the hormone isn't released what happens? - rhettorical, but I don't have any idea for real!

Also, in the 60s a performance was done on woman where they 'put them to sleep' and when they woke up from giving birth they had no love for their child, so I think giving birth, and not giving birth go hand-in-hand in a way!  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:56 pm
I see the potential in everyone. Every single person has the potential to do something great. Every single person has the ability to make a difference and change some lives. Or simply put, every person has the potential to look at the stars and think, wonder, and admire their beauty. Abortions damn those who have more potential than any of us.

Something to munch on:
If a man comes out and shoots a woman in the stomach and kills the baby. It's considered murder. It doesn't matter if she was on her way to the abortion clinic or not.  

Necroscape

Kobeyashi Maru

4,050 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 10:37 am
Kysaara
Dark_Spartan117
RenFlower
Making it illegal won't help. Even when it WAS illegal, people just went to backhand groups, and surgeons. Most of which ended up fatal. Also, teen pregnancy inevidably hinders education, which causes more homelessness, and may put the child in an inadequet home, if they don't put it up for adoption. Also, in some cases it may cause them to be fired or hinder their salary. Dancers are one example of such.

there are these things called condoms and birth control pills, they are pretty amazing when used... if you decide to have sex you should live with the consquences instead of being a little child and saying, "this isnt what i want, so ill just get rid of it"

Or you could remain abstinent, the way God wants it.

Abstinence dousn't apply to married people. stare  
The Republican Guild of Gaia

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces