Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Raccoon Cinema:: (Movies, Music, Etc.)
::The Official Resident Evil Novel Discussion:: (ReVote!!) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 15 16 17 18 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Which Resident Evil novel was the best?
  Zero Hour
  The Umbrella Conspiracy
  Caliban Cove
  City Of The Dead
  Underworld
  Nemesis
  Code: Veronica
  Genesis
  Apocalypse
  Extinction
View Results

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 1:11 pm
I'm going to order that, NAO. As well as Extinction... I've been looking for some good reads after finishing the Zombie Survival Guide this summer.

Haha... Someone recorded me singing Eve's Aria and Alexia's Lullaby on their cell phone and its the ring-tone whenever I call or text them. Yea, my friends are strange, but then again, so am I.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 3:12 pm
Gotta be strange if you don't wanna be a boring dipshit.
Yeah, I just came back from the book store, ordered Parasite Eve. Expensive son of a b***h. It's hardcover though. I don't think paperback is coming until sometime in 2008.

But yes, do buy Extinction. It's very well written. They're actually switching chapter to chapter.
Like, Chapter 1: It tells about what happened with the outbreak.
Chapter 2: It talks about the beginning of extinction
Chapter 3: It goes back to the past as to what happened with Alice, Jill etc.
Chapter 4: Back to events of extinction.

And it goes back and forth, Before, After, Before, After etc. It was very well done.

And like I said, Jill gets about 7 chapters in the book. 300+ pages. I was so into it, I read it in less than 24 hours. Sacrificed some sleep and read some during school, but it was worth it.  

Biohazard EXTREME

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 3:48 pm
I just ordered both, seeing as I just got back from Borders and Barnes and Nobles, and they didn't have Extinction either. Sold out everywhere around here.

I get a paycheck next week that will cover it 3nodding . And I can't wait to sacrifice sleep for a good book, that hasn't happened to me in a reeeeally long time.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 9:10 pm
And I'm a slow reader too, so 300 pages in 24 hours was like a first time accomplishment for me.  

Biohazard EXTREME

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 4:33 am
I tend to read quickly for things like school, but when it's a book I actually want to read, I'm infamous for taking my sweet time and enjoying each page. It's one of the few pleasures of life that they can't take away from me.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 12:11 pm
I wanted to finish Extinction as fast as possible. Since people started talking and the book was out and stuff, I knew that people would be talking about spoilers and stuff and I didn't wanna know. So I decided to read the book so I can safely participate in any discussions.  

Biohazard EXTREME

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 12:13 pm
Haha, that's how I felt about the movie. I didn't go near the forums until I had seen the movie.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 12:19 pm
But it's different with a book, considering that a book is part of the franchise and the content is arranged in such a way that it does tell the story. So it's not just a bunch of spoilers thrown at you. Which made it okay for me to read the book before seeing the movie.

In fact, RE:E became the first time I read the book before watching the movie itself. And it made it very interesting, because I remember the actors and stuff, so I had an idea of how people should look. So I got to imagine things, and then seeing the trailer, I knew exactly what's going on, which was the weirdest thing. And then seeing the movie, the things I read coming alive...
Oh, how I could love to see Caliban Cove and Underworld be made into a movie/game.  

Biohazard EXTREME

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 12:21 pm
It would be teh sex, and everyone reading this thread knows it. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 12:32 pm
Considering the direction RE4 went with the Ganados... Away from Umbrella and from T-Virus, I think Perry should continue the book series in her own direction with the game characters, but going into her own fan fictional direction.  

Biohazard EXTREME

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 12:38 pm
I thought Underworld was fantastic, and I really wanted to see where she would go with her own storyline. I hope she'll continue it someday...  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 12:54 pm
Hell, if I had my hands on the Resident Evil IP for the books, I'd be working on the damn novels every day of my life.  

Biohazard EXTREME

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 1:03 pm
Well, why don't you? I'm planning on setting up a Fanfiction thread once I finish this short story to start it off. I'm pretty sure everyone would like to see where you would take the direction of the storyline.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 2:13 pm
Yeah, but... Lately it seems like anything creative that I do... Unless it's something that I could actually potentially publish, it seems redundant. Like, if it's an original story, I could write it and publish it, copyright the property and all. But RE is Capcom's property, so publishing it wouldn't be a possibility. Nor claiming the idea as mine since it's aspired from an already existing property.  

Biohazard EXTREME

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 2:20 pm
Therein lays the problem with Fanfiction. I find it helps me out with my other projects. When it seems like I'm being redundant because of a theme, I write a fanfiction to get it out of my system.  
::Raccoon Cinema:: (Movies, Music, Etc.)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 15 16 17 18 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games