Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Raccoon Cinema:: (Movies, Music, Etc.)
Favorite Female Movie Character (ReVote) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Who's the coolest?
  Alice
  Rain
  Angie
  Terri Morales
  Betty
  K-Mart
  Red Queen
  White Queen
  Other
View Results

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 2:48 am
You bring up an excellent point. That bothered me in other movies as well.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 3:10 am
I mean, kids accomplishing stuff might be okay if the movie is Rated G, so a lot of kids go see it and try to relate. But even though Episode 1 sparked a large child franchise, Star Wars really isn't a kiddie franchise, and especially neither is Resident evil.  

Biohazard EXTREME

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 3:30 am
Well, let me put it this way.

I was Sherry's age when the game first came out and I played it. Granted, I related more to Claire, but even then I hated that Sherry got to do something. In a real world situation, I doubt that would happen...  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 3:33 am
Well, frankly, when I was that age, I looked up to people like The Terminator and Rambo. Hence, older men, father figures. So I don't even see why a KID would want to see a kid be a hero. I guess it's the boring dipshit adult way of thinking. "Kids are gonna like this, because it's the kid who does all the important stuff!"  

Biohazard EXTREME

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 3:35 am
Oh Rambo... so many memories that brings up!

Seriously though... I always just rolled my eyes at the 'important kid moments'.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 3:37 am
Pretty much. Speaking of Rambo and kids... I was really annoyed by that kid in Rambo III. I mean, yes, I understand that in various countries they teach children warfare, but still. It's Rambo. Don't take the shine away.  

Biohazard EXTREME

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 3:39 am
I haven't seen Rambo III yet... it's on my list of things to see in the near future, along with Terminator 3. As far as taking the shine away, how would I feel if some kid stole my thunder? Bye-Bye, Billy. xd  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 3:41 am
Well, he tried, but didn't, really. So Rambo still gets his share of the action.
I'm not really looking forward to IV, though... Looks like they're trying to milk the franchise. But it looks so gory, I might see it just for that.  

Biohazard EXTREME

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 3:57 am
I might go see it for the soundtrack... a nasty little habit of mine.

And I'm not going to lie. Ali Larter makes a very hot Claire.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 3:59 am
I bought Rambo 1 and 2 soundtracks. Cost me $50 combined, but since I couldn't even find them on eBay and I found them at the store, I figured they're worth it. Same with the Nightmare on Elm Street soundtrack.

And yes. Yes she does. She actually looks better as Claire than she does in real life, for some reason.  

Biohazard EXTREME

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:12 am
She does look better as Claire. It brought out many good qualities of her acting.

I did that with the Gladiator soundtrack... Changed my life that music did.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 12:34 pm
To be honest, I was never a major fan of Claire in the video games. I liked her, but she was probably at the bottom of the women I DID like. Let's see, it was Jill, Ada, Rebecca, Claire... Yeah, that sounds right. I just didn't like her little show at the beginning of CVX, I mean that was almost as bad as some of Leon's stunts. And Claire is just a civie. So the movie Claire, I thought, was just another character who was better in the movies than in the game, like Carlos and Nicholai.  

Biohazard EXTREME

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:21 pm
When I was younger, I was all about Claire... now that I've grown up a bit, so has my taste in the female characters. Jill, Ada and Rebecca are at the top of my list too...

Claire and Leon were made for each other. End of Story.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 5:20 pm
But in CVX, they actually did the smart thing and killed off Steve. Ashley survived. That was just plain stupid. There was like 3 reasons for her to die and only 1 for her to live.  

Biohazard EXTREME

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 5:47 pm
Mmm... I don't know about that... isn't there a rumor floating around that he's going to make an appearance in RE5?  
::Raccoon Cinema:: (Movies, Music, Etc.)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games