Welcome to Gaia! ::

Byako, City of Everything

Back to Guilds

Byako, the city of everything. A city hundreds of miles in size where anything can and does happy on a daily basis Join the random sillyness 

Tags: plushie, city, random, silly, Byako 

Reply Byako, City of Everything Main Forum
The Library of Fandom Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 66 67 68 69 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

JackieBugz

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:41 pm

Kokoro watched after her and put her hand on her hip.
"Do you think that you can handle that on your own? Whatever the hell that was? The energy that thing gave off was tremendous and dark. Dark enough to make me choke."
She shook her head.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:16 am
“I don’t know,” Fira shrugged continuing on for she just barely met these people she didn‘t really care if they thought it was a good idea or not, “But I might as well try.  

Fira the Phoenix

subibi

O.G. Gaian

6,675 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:17 pm
((from markets place, as data towers has been too inactive))
Big 3 was lurking around the back of the building, hoping he could find something to do. Something dark but familiar flashed before his eyes, as if it had just ran at the speed of light past him.

¨HM? WHAT IS THAT? ZERO? AH...SO YOU DIDNT DIE...I EXPECTED YOU WOULD BE A TOUGH NUT TO CRACK.¨

¨We are invulnerable to any physical damage. You shouldve day dreamed of being invincible, surely? knowing your psychotic ways.¨

Zero dashed towards Big 3, grabbing him and slamming him straight through the wall, smashing into the ground floor of the building. He then picked him up again, and threw him against another wall.

¨Ah, sorry folks, just had to take care of him one way or another. Now, for the lady hunter...¨

((to the little necropolis))

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:06 pm
((Sorry for the sudden, unexplained absence guys. Business called me down to a sudden meeting in New York City for the weekend. On the bright side, I may have a book deal in the works, on the downside, I may not be able to respond to the backlog here until tomorrow.))

((AND INFINITY RABBIT: There can be no violence on the first floor of the Library. Forces stronger than any character you want to throw at them keep it that way, so your single post attack isn't possible. I'm sorry.))  

Faulty Ambition

Beloved Smoker

ProperGamer

Aged Autobiographer

4,750 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:11 pm
((Its quite alright. It can wait as can R's creation and New Rustir lqtm. They arent going anywhere.))  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:50 pm
(Don’t worry about it, Faulty Ambition, and congratulations on the possible book deal. 3nodding )  

Fira the Phoenix

Faulty Ambition

Beloved Smoker

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:16 am
The pile of fur swept upwards, obscuring vision around Z and Rachel like a sudden sandstorm. Mottled shades ranging from snow white to deepest black flew around them, hairs brushing across the pair with the slightest touches, not a single touching more than the barest breeze. A voice boomed out in Z's head and in Z's head alone.
SILLY JARIAN.
YOU CAN'T EVEN COMPREHEND WHAT WE ARE.
RUN ALONG NOW AND PLAY NICE.

The strands around Z and Rachel fell away, disappearing as if they had never been there to begin with.
But the terrain around the pair was radically different now.
Rather than on a staircase in hot pursuit, they found themselves in a small room.
Before the pair was a doorway and a desk.
At the desk sat the shape of a man, poised like a librarian ready to check out books.
The doorway behind him appeared to be blocked by a barrier made from the librarian.
It would appear that the easiest method of escape would simply be to check out like normal.
The librarian figure extended a hand, beckoning for the book Rachel hid, as it held out a book titled simply, Memnon.

Behind the pair was a door, shut as if it were not meant to open.
It would have looked familiar to Z at least.
A doorway with an eye in the center, all done up in gold.
The eye followed the pair as doorway eyes are wont to do.
But this doorway bore a significant difference from the ones that adorned Jarian territory.
Rather than a moon surrounding the eye, a sun shone around.
Odd indeed, but not outwardly threatening.

~~~

The hallway before the pair of elementals and pheonix stretched on for a ways before branching off into a fork. One path was large and wide, obviously the path the dark beast had taken by merit of all the smashed debris lining it. The other path was narrower, only wide enough for the trio to go single file. It seemed more intact than the other path and a light could be seen glowing from a distance down it, appearing to be sunlight.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:37 am
((Since your posting again I take it your done with the dealings of your book deal? How did it go Ambiton?! Good I hope!))

When the voice boomed in his head, Z could only clamp his hands on his skull, trying to keep his mind intact. He knew who, or what it was. It was the library itself. And Z knew it had every right to be pissed off. When the voice stopped and the hair fell away, both Rachael and Z looked around trying to get their barings. But the small room made that part easy.

The hard part was that Rachael didnt want to give up the book that she had worked so hard to get ahold off.

"This is to easy Z... And wahts that he is holding out also?"

Rachael asked. She had no idea yet that Z was looking for that very information. Z didnt look at it with interest of any kind. It was to easy. Information on that figure could have been this easy to find. Then again, the library held all information and only gave it up probably when it wanted to.

Then Z turned and noticed the other door that stood behind them. He began looking at the symbol, trying to figure what it ment. He wasnt watching Rachael as she took a step towards the other book that the shape of a man was holding out. She didnt take out the book that she was hiding. Instead...

She made a grab for this other book, the book simply titled Memnon. She was confident in her dexterous abilities to help her get free of any traps.

((Oh, just so you know Ambition you can kill off Rachael. Its kinda how she is going to become R. I didnt know if you had read her Bio in the character thread or not so I figured I would just give you the go ahead.))

ProperGamer

Aged Autobiographer

4,750 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Faulty Ambition

Beloved Smoker

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:11 am
((I'm done with my part for now. It's in the publisher's hands. And I was letting you go, but if you want Rachel to go, go she shall. xD))

The librarian figure remained still, book still held in its grasp. Z would have a better view of what happened than Rachel would as a beam of what could only be described as light erupted from the eye on the door, blasting a hole through her chest as she reached for the book.
Her body toppled slowly, as sudden corpses are wont to do.
JUST TO SHOW YOU THAT WE ARE SERIOUS, Z.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY.
FEEL FREE TO TATTLE TO LUTIA.
WE WON'T BE HERE MUCH LONGER.

The voice had a mocking tone this time, apparently not the library itself, but some other force occupying it.
That odd door seemed to wink at Z before fading just like a Jarian door.
The book that R had stolen flopped away from her body, hopping up onto the counter before the librarian who checked it out along with Memnon.
The librarian slid the stack of two books, receipt, and Jarian staff library card towards Z, unblocking the doorway outside.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:08 pm
Solomon stared at the entrance to the library his long black coat kept him consumed in warmth with a scarf wrapped around his head nearly hiding his face.

"Oh Solomon think you over dressed yourself." Kai said opening the door to the library.

Solomon looked over at Kai then gave off a soft growl before following him in. They were looking for a book for Kai's class and oddly enough Solomon was drawn towards this library.

Kai dragged Solomon to front desk looking for the librarian. "Anyone home?"  

Syca Saiyca

Faulty Ambition

Beloved Smoker

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:48 pm
Behind the front desk stood a towering glowing figure. It made a questioning gesture as if to ask, "What are you looking for?" but made no sound.
To the left, across the high ceilinged room, the doors to an empty elevator shaft were crumpled as if ripped open by force.
To the right stretched a long staircase that spiraled up around the atrium and appeared to be strewn with loose fur and dragon spittle.
Behind the tall, tall figure at the large dark wooden desk towered a massively tall shelf, one that stretched all the way to the ceiling of the atrium, some ten or so stories. It was covered in books and crossed with a ladder.
Behind the newcomers was a small alcove with comfortable chairs and a small coffee table, along with the front doors which were big enough to let a giant mech in with little trouble.
Overall, an imposing place.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:23 pm
((Well, I was going to have an epic adventure as Z and Rachael tried to find the books and get out. But then you intervened and now I dont have to hate myself for killing off my new character lqtm.))

Z could only turn as the beam shot out. It all happened to Z like it was slow motion. He couldnt stop it, he couldnt yell at her to warn her. All he could do was watch her body fall and tumble. His eyes were wide with the realisation that she was dead. To a normal person, that was a tramatic event. To a mind reader, it was more then that. The feeling of one mind just going blank, stopping its functionality in a split second. It is nothing explainable.

Z knew that he was going to have get in contact with Lutia as soon as he could. This was serious. More so then the game of chess that they were playing with Memnon. The books began to levitate and moved to Z. He wasnt sure how he was going to get Rachael's body out of there. He moved over and lifted the girl from under her shoulders. He began to drag her body out of there. He wasnt going to leave her there to become part of the library.

But he had little upper body strength. But he was going to keep doing his best to get her out of there. As he walked past the man behind the desk he tried not to make eye contact.

Pushing the door open, he hoped he was back on the first floor. That would atleast make it easier on him as he dragged Rachael's limp body while trying to keep the two books floating behind him.

ProperGamer

Aged Autobiographer

4,750 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Faulty Ambition

Beloved Smoker

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:34 pm
The doorway out for Z unfortunately did not lead to the first floor.
Instead of the open atrium, the doorway opened out onto a beautiful summer day. The sun was high in the sky as fluffy white clouds drifted by lazily. Sun sun was warm on the skin, but not hot. Birds could even be heard chirping from Firma Park below.

Below?

Yes, the door opened to the outside of the library.
It just didn't open onto ground level.
A rough guess would put Z and his burden at about floor forty-three with a long, long drop to the forest below.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:58 pm
Z looked around and shook his head. He was doing his best to keep the blood inside of Rachael's body. He didnt want to leave a mess or a trail behind. But he could only do so much. The books he placed in Rachael's waste strap, like they had been before.

One burden down....

He looked up at the sun. Like it was taunting him. He cursed it, now wasnt the time for a bright and cheery day. Someone had died under his watch, and he wasnt sure how he was going to get out alive. Record hadnt sent any help. From the sounds of it when he had left, everyone had been preoccupied on their own assignments. Z knew it was dangerous to come here. But he couldnt have planned for THOSE people to be here.

"Who are they..."

He knew he knew their names, but he couldnt place them. And that bothered Z a great deal.

ProperGamer

Aged Autobiographer

4,750 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Syca Saiyca

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:01 pm
Faulty Ambition
Behind the front desk stood a towering glowing figure. It made a questioning gesture as if to ask, "What are you looking for?" but made no sound.
To the left, across the high ceilinged room, the doors to an empty elevator shaft were crumpled as if ripped open by force.
To the right stretched a long staircase that spiraled up around the atrium and appeared to be strewn with loose fur and dragon spittle.
Behind the tall, tall figure at the large dark wooden desk towered a massively tall shelf, one that stretched all the way to the ceiling of the atrium, some ten or so stories. It was covered in books and crossed with a ladder.
Behind the newcomers was a small alcove with comfortable chairs and a small coffee table, along with the front doors which were big enough to let a giant mech in with little trouble.
Overall, an imposing place.

Solomon sniffed the air then started to growl noticing the figure behind the desk. Suddenly Kai whacked him in the nose where Solomon constantly kept twitching his nose clutching his hands to his face. "What was that for?" He whined as Kai stood in front of him.

"Behave Solomon, oh, hello there I'm looking for a book and I have the boggiest idea of where to start. Hmm... well I'm looking on any sort of Egyptian civilization books for a project, you know where that would be?" Kai gave a warm but nervous smile as he held onto Solomon's arm to keep him behaved.  
Byako, City of Everything Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 66 67 68 69 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff