Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lyndria

Back to Guilds

This Guild is dedicated to hardcore fantasy and sci-fi Roleplayers alike! Enjoy! 

Tags: Roleplaying, RPing, Fantasy, Sci-fi, Literate 

Reply Archive
Lyndria RP Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 93 94 95 96 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gredar

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 4:27 pm
((just waiting for Faelan to post Karasu's reply))  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:24 pm
Yousei watched as Miles disappeared through the village gates, and smiled. Her guilt relinquished, she turned toward the others and nodded as Idox made his suggestion. She was reluctant to leave Miles behind after only just being reunited with him, but she knew that it was necessary for their safety, and for Emille...
Yousei turned back toward Karasu and touched an ivory hand to her glittering, armored face before grasping her dragon's back tightly and pulling herself onto it.

As her master approached her, the dragon slowly knelt to allow her to mount, before turning her icy, draconic eyes toward Marten. She gave him a small, yet courtly nod and remained low to the ground so as to allow him to ascend with ease.

(Sorry. Didn't mean to make you guys wait. sweatdrop )

[Faelan]
Captain

850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Gredar

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:55 pm
"Origh, lefs goh," Marten said, stuffing the roll into his mouth and clumsily mounting the dragon. "Ha duf y... *ptoey* How do you make her take... ahhhhh." He gripped the dragons back tightly as the dragon lept impressively into the sky. It was exhilerating, but not frightening; after having flown with himself the dragon was very safe by comparison. Muttering a short spell, he began to speak to the members on the ground telepathicly. "Alright, head northwest along the dunes for now. We're going to scout ahead to find new landmarks. Keep to the leftward faces of the dunes for now, until I figure out our exact destination." Glancing under the dragons wings, he began to alternatively search for a familiar patch of rocks and take small, savoring bites out of the roll. The day was not even half over, and already it was promising. No more sandlizards, no more studying whatever arcane tomes he could steal from the study of the town recluse, no more longing glances at the fish hauled in every day, or at the women of the town who ran screaming at the sight of a wanted man. He was finally out of the desert - the only place in Lyndria he hated more than the monastary (which at least ate well) - and on to something new.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 3:55 pm
Idox looked up at Gredar. Very well, he said, telepathically. Idox played a few notes on his lyre, and heat waves began to rise from the ground. "These mirages will help us guide our way. Make sure this path is the only one you follow. If you need water, I'll bring up a stream." Idox went ahead toward the dunes.  

Vaginal Buttsex

Raniak

750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 5:25 am
Seg slowly watched the group as they prepared to head off. His great wings growing anxious to go as well. However it seemed to him he was not fitting well with this group.

But...they were heading to the Dragonlands. He figured it wise if he accompanied them a little longer. His mind ached some as he though about returning to the homeland he grew up in.

"Well....let us be off. The sun is not getting any slower." Opening his wings he leaps into the sky with a mighty push hovering and waiting for the others. He could not help but glance at Karusu with his bright yellow eyes and admire the dragon's strength and determination, not to mention her beauty.

(Late post sweatdrop I'm just not sure where to jump in anymore =p)  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 2:03 pm
After he finished the roll, Marten pulled out the smashed wing and began to realign the bones, healing the wing much as he would the wing of a large bird. That was what he had liked best about this spell, unlike most flight spells or enchantments this one could be repaired by his best (and least used) skill: healing. After a few minutes, he had the wing completely repaired and began to fix and straighten the feathers. "Its a shame I can't get some dragon leather," he said, breaking the silence. "Though if I could find a willing dragon I could probably heal the wing after cutting enough for a human sized pair. Still, it would probably be best to take the leather from a dead dragon, which means we'd have to be there as it was dieing. Leather wings, unlike feathers, are fully alive." He strapped the wings onto his back, folding them in so the drag didn't rip him off Karasu's back. Patting Karasu on the neck, he said to her mind "If this doesn't work, catch me." Bracing himself, he lept off her back, snapping his wings open to catch both the thermals and wind at high altitude. For the first time, both wings inflated fully and lifted him completely in the air. "Hah, it worked!" he yelled, flapping a few times for altitude. He shouted and hollered in excitement. It was the culmination of a years work, making these wings, and flight would make traveling much easier (though now that he was with people he wouldn't be able to go too fast). He was a little dissapointed at the speed though, the wings drifted lazily forward like the buzzards they were made of. He made a mental note to look into getting either dragon leather or raptor feathers once they reached dragonlands. He figured at least one species of eagle must be nesting in the mountains.

Drifting away, he pulled close enough to the other dragon that he could see into its left eye. "Hmm, even one dragon is rare this far from your homelands, especially with your diminishing numbers. Two is nothing short of a miracle, unless you are mates." He drifted back a little, admiring Seg's scale coloring, before continuing. "Though I doubt it. You have numerous scars from battles, but I can't find any mating scars. Not that I'm an expert in dragons, mind you. A mix, however, usually has to prove himself a mighty hero before he can mate, unless he is unusually impressive. Seems your parents foolish decision will probably define your life. Not that I can boast, son of a drunk, raised in a monastary until I ran away at 17, carrying a stolen sword and stolen magic, then spending six years hiding in the desert. Its a lot more than I thought I would accomplish, but if I had been born to a knight or sorceror... At least you were born with your wings."  

Gredar

[Faelan]
Captain

850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 9:11 pm

Yousei looked curiously back at Marten as she overheard him tinkering with something behind her. She surreptitiously watched him for a moment as he magically welded black, sandy wings to his back. This brought several questions to mind, but she kept them to herself for now. As he finished, her curiosity got the better of her. Just as she had turned to verbalize her inqueries however, he was gone. Yousei's eyes widened and she immediately began frantically searching for his silhouette below, ~Karasu, I think--!~

~Look again,~ the dragon interrupted, looking back at her master before turning to face something beside them.

Yousei turned as her dragon had, and saw Marten flying alongside them whilst inaudibly communicating with Seg. She watched him in bewilderment for a moment or so before smiling. Though still somewhat perplexed by his suddenly-acquired abilities, she was relieved to see that he had not simply fallen out of existance. Satisfied, the Elf turned back to face the onyx skies looming banefully ahead.

Karasu noticed Seg quietly cherishing her, but paid no mind to it. As Marten began conversing with him, she was relieved to see that she would not have to interact with him. She was not the most social of dragons (to say the least), and preferred to keep to herself if at all possible.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 3:07 pm
.:.Yousei. Hear me.:.  

Mitsuharu Saito

Gredar

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:07 pm
Swooping back, Marten adressed the landbound members of the group. "Turn 15 degrees west, then follow the edge of that dune until you see some rocks up ahead. There's a cave at the bottom; that's our destination. The dragons and I are going to check and make sure nothing has moved in." Turning, he swooped down towards the rocks in the distance. "Come on, we've got to clear out and set up camp. I left a lot of my gear in the cave so we shouldn't have too much work to do, but you never know what might have moved in."  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 3:38 pm
Seg glanced at Marten replying quietly. "Are you already deciding that my mixed blood will completely define how I live? My parents may have been two seperate dragons and thus made me an outcast. But I fly strong."

He stayed quiet for a moment listening to the sound of flapping wings as his own made great swings, his crimson and silver scales showing his brith parents legacy strongly. He realized of course Marten was right...much as he hated to admit it. His words...and his remarks on his battle scars. He had never had a mate, he'd fought in countless battles for dragons who had mocked him or simply challenged him to a battle. He'd defeated them all...but at what cost? He'd been alone since his parents were killed for their 'mistake' of him being born.

Snorting a couple smoke rings he replied. "I usually don't show my true form...I'm usually a human male swordsman, travelling around looking for freelance jobs...." Another silence, "I do admire Yousei's silver dragon Karusu there greatly...but young as I am, I do not think I could impress her..she seems quite proud and stubborn..though those features draw me even more." He grinned showing some fangs. "However though...you've gone through hell to reach this point. At least you are enjoying the thrill of flight."  

Raniak

750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Gredar

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:51 pm
Marten smiled. "And one day soon I feel you will enjoy the thrill of acceptance by your people. It is the fires of adversity that temper the hero's spirit, not the cushion of society's pleasure. You're more powerful than you think, don't forget that." With a slight puff Marten landed on a dune overlooking the cave. "Now to flush whatever is in there out," he muttered, kicking some sand toward the entrance. As it cascaded downward, the grains began to grow until a tumult of spiders lande inside. There were a few hisses, the sound of something striking the wall, then a family of desert snakes quickly slipped out of the cave, followed by several bats and a large scorpion. "That should do it," he informed the descending dragons and rider. He ordered his spiders to return to sand and stepped inside, taking stock of the remnants of his former camp. Most of the firewood was still good, since there was little rain to rot it away. The bed of sand was fine, though he would want to check it for sand fleas before anyone used it, and the firepit was intact. It would be an excelent place to stay the night, unless the villagers decided on a midnight lynching over their lost lake. He settled down and waited for the others to catch up.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:04 pm
Yousei held her hands firmly over her ears as she heard Camthalion's voice echo through her mind. An illusion, she thought, more to comfort herself than anything...

Yousei and Karasu simultaneously turned toward Marten as he spoke to the group, and watched him descend. Yousei gripped her dragon's neck tightly as she folded her wings to dive. Winds howled as they whipped past her on both sides, and within seconds, they had arrived.

Once they were but a few feet above the ground, Karasu began to beat her wings against the sand to hover for a moment before easing them both down. As soon as her dragon had touched down, Yousei slid her leg over to dismount, and gingerly approached the cave's entrance.
It appeared to be too tight a fit to allow the dragons access, but seemed spacious enough for the rest of them to comfortably reside (though she could hardly be sure, due to the absence of light).

Suddenly, she heard the faint echo of hisses eminating from the cave. A family of snakes slithered out, as well as a number of other cave-dwellers. As Marten gave the signal for them to enter, Yousei stepped into the cavern to more thoroughly examine it. Karasu had already acquired a more comfortable position and lay watching her master from outside of the cave.

[Faelan]
Captain

850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

kroska
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:30 am
Witium awoke from his brief slumber outside the city of Eden, "Oh s**t, they must've left without me already. Crap!" He hopped up and looked around for some of those big lizard mounts. Sure enough a small stable of them rested outside the city. While dashing towards the giant lizards, he slashed away the restraints on them. As he leaped on one and gave it a good spank, the mount let out a weird yelp in surprise and bolted forward. After some grunting and lot of stirring, Witium got the thing to go in the direction he wanted. Now he was flyin on this thing, it was amazing how fast it could go with it's short legs. He let out a loud and wild laugh as he held on with one hand and waved his sword in the air, "Ahahaha!"

Sagor pummeled more dragons to death with each swing of his fist. Hisses echoed from every in the cave as he mutilated the dragons that dared to fight. Various dragons now layed dead on the cave floor

Although now newcommers happened to show up at the cave entrance. He was at least 20 meters into the cave but could see them fine with the light at their backs. Finally the kids had arrived. "Say hello dead dragon number 28," with a loud thud another smashed Dragon slide across the cave floor and stopped literally dead at Karasu's feet.

Out from the darkness purple sparks flew and finally the Image of the 9 foot tall Half-giant could be seen and his voice could be easily heard, "Hello again."

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:03 pm
Kraid stepped from behind Sagor, watching the group closely. He counted heads and nodded when he'd assured himself that miles wasn't there. He was alive, this he knew, but he wasn't sure if they did.
Miles followed closely behind Witium, tossing a small bag of coins to the owner of the Nienna and hopping on one for himself. He stood for a moment, tossing the saddle away before taking off in a blur of color and sand.  

[Z_]
Vice Captain

Aged Noob

8,175 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Invisibility 100

Gredar

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:26 pm
Marten skirted the corpse, his arms tensed and his mind ready to reach for the magic if he neded it. "Karasu, take Yousei back to the group headed here, then catch up with Miles and Emilee and tell them whats happening. Let the group decide who's going to join the fight and who isn't and bring backup. Seg, you're with me. I don't know if theres enough room for you to stay in dragon form, its your call." He placed his hand on the dragons corpse, feeling for a spark of life. Nothing. "I don't believe we've met. I'm Marten." He wasn't sure if he should draw his sword or not. His best bet, he decided, was to keep the formalities going as long as possible while Karasu went for reinforcements. "Why are you here? What is the meaning of all these dead?" He stopped next to the bed of sand, ready to throw summonings if he needed to.  
Archive

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 93 94 95 96 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games