Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "COS" ^Can O Spam^
Moonie's Ramblings Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 605 606 607 608 609 610 ... 2595 2596 2597 2598 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:19 am
User Image
Two pages away from reaching that 10 page requirement. Hmm... what else to talk about...?
User Image  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:45 am
User Image
Originally I wasn't sure whether to include the discussion about women writers in the detective fiction in my essay, but since I'm trying to get to the page requirement, I decided to include. Thankfully I've been able to make it fit into what I already have.
User Image  

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:57 am
User Image
A page to go until I'm done writing the rough draft version of this essay. *sighs* What, oh what, I can I write more about. I'll have to read through my essay to see what else I can expand more on.

But right now I'm going to eat some lunch. Be back in awhile.
User Image  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:23 pm
User Image
I'm back.
User Image  

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:09 pm
User Image
User Image

Yay! I finally completed the 10 page requirement for my paper. :) Now to go through the essay to make the final draft version of it and be completed with the bloody thing. Gonna be so glad when I'm done with this.

Then the next task will be writing my English Studies essay.
User Image  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:46 pm
User Image
Done proofreading my essay for 20th/21st C. Lit. class. So glad to be done with that essay.

I'm heading off to school now. So talk to you later.

#f51379
#a51cba

User Image  

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:59 pm
User Image
Good evening everyone.
User Image  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:03 pm
User Image
My poor heart... Yet again you are charmed by a lovely man who most likely will never become anything more than a flame. Treasure the smiles and laughter and discussions you've had over the term for you may never get another chance to have such lovely interaction. Keep the image of those dancing blue eyes in your mind. Never forget the fact that you both happened to choose novels from Japan without realizing it until the day of presenting your books.

Oh... Love, why do you have to be so bittersweet?
User Image  

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:14 pm
User Image
User Image

*sighs* It times like these that I wish the love department in my life wasn't so complicated... especially when I find guys that I like that could potentially be available candidates. And this is someone I would consider being with. Unfortunately, I don't know much about the love department of his life - besides the fact that he is divorced.

And I guess it makes me realize how out of practice I am with the whole love department. Probably the reason why I want the guy's to step up to the plate now, because I've done so much work trying to get a guy and failed quite a few times. *sighs*
User Image  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:23 pm
User Image
User Image

On a more happier note, I was able to present today in my 17th/18th C. Lit. class. I got lot of positive feedback from my classmates and teacher. My teacher even added a little joke at the end of her comments by signing it with "Prince of Wales" - because one of the theorized birthplaces for my ancestor Thomas John Watson is the Dunraven Castle located in southern Wales. *laughs* Not sure why she wrote "Prince" and not "Princess" or "Lady."

User Image

*gasps* Wait a minute...! Princess Diana was the Princess of Wales! My goodness! Why didn't I pick up on that earlier?! When I was in 4th grade, I did a book report on Princess Diana. Another school project that reflects my ancestry. Wow... weird.

User Image  

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:31 pm
User Image
Anyway... going to watch some Ellen now. Not sure how many episodes I'll end up watching. *shrugs* We'll see.
User Image  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:26 am
User Image
Going to log off from here. So later.
User Image  

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:20 am
User Image
Good morning everyone.
User Image  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:28 am
User Image
Yesterday in my English Studies class I overheard my teacher briefly mention that it seemed weird that just as she earned her PhD that she had to file for unemployment. This point stuck with me because I was confused on why a teacher would suddenly be having to file for unemployment, especially when she's taught several terms at our campus. So, I decided to check out her websites to see if I could find any clues to clarify this statement she made... and I did.

[url=http://myreflectionpool.wordpress.com/2011/04/27/bittersweet/]Dr. Regina McMenomy[/url]
I remember when I finished my master’s degree, the director of my program surprised me at a department event and asked me to say a few words. Taken completely off-guard, I stumbled around for a minute and thanked everyone I worked with and thanked him for facilitating such a great program. Then I closed my short, bumbling speech by saying this was a bittersweet moment for me, leaving a program I enjoyed so much.

This was not the sensation I had finishing the Ph.D.

Completing the defense, and putting the dissertation to bed was total, utter, and complete relief. I was so glad to be out from under the pressure to complete it, the stress of being evaluated, and doing my own research. I felt happy (well, until I learned I was losing a summer class and was going to need another job a lot sooner than I expected.)

So, as seen above, a summer class she apparently was going to teach was dropped. Not sure which class it was, since she doesn't mention it... but still it's sad to think about. I hope something will turn up for her.
User Image  

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:43 am
User Image
I'm looking at her other blogs that she's posted. It's interesting reading the things she has to say.
User Image  
"COS" ^Can O Spam^

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 605 606 607 608 609 610 ... 2595 2596 2597 2598 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games