Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
::Grill 13 Restaurant:: NEW Pictures on the Menu! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 605 606 607 608 609 610 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Alkaizer87

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 6:19 pm

I wanna play survivor. I guess I would have to buy it off of ebay...survivor is on PSX right? Also antoher thign later I'll talk about my argument, but I have to go get breakfast, and also besides I would have to post it in the re5 thread. Trust me I've done a bit of detailed analyzing. Lets jsut say My idea has something to do with birkin.
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 6:24 pm

Uhh... why would you have to put it in the RE5 thread? This is just a theoretical discussion pertaining to RE4, and there's no specific RE4 thread that I can see at the moment, unlike RE5, which has an entire thread designated to it. Plus, this is the Grill. Talk about whatever.

And so this is a theory you have? I thought it was something in the official in-game canon that downright proves there's no way my theory could work.

Thee Stranger

Alkaizer87

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 7:06 pm

OH wait you're right...crap...I'm being stupid again. Ok here it goes. Oh and Since I have two theories and have to havea long discussion I'm going to make two posts that might make a double post, so please forgive me. I'm only doing this lengthy post becuse I said I would be thorough bout this.

Theory number 1:
1)I'll just start off with What I said about Birkin. If you recall in RE2 there was a cutscene where after William injects himself with the G-virus and he starts attacking the Umbrella agents. Then later there's a scene where he's actually eating the other G-virus samples, thus making it so that there are no more, or so it's thought. This also leads to my other part of this theory.

2) As you know after Birkin injected himself his mutation wasn't so big, just his arm and the eye ball thing. Then later on afterwards Birkin-G starts mutating more rapidly. The big spike is most likely do to the large consumption of the G-virus samples mentioned earlier after killing the agents, excluding Hunk of course...Oh and this is not following RE: Umbrella Chronicles storyline, but if you want to take RE: UC I have another theory for that one. While the big spike doesn't happen automatically, which might be do to adaptation to his body, later it does change rapidly.

3) And here is the last part of this first theory...Well I think so anyways. Later on Leon obtains was is supposed to be the last and only remaining G-virus. Again this is not written in stone, but I think it implies since Ada went through the trouble of threatening Leon instead of going back to where Annatte got it. Later, as everyone that's played the series remembers, Leon throws it down the chasm into the darkness, not to be seen from again. Then after that the place exploded by the nuke, makign it quite literally impossible to get a G-virus sample.

So that is the first theory. Stay tuned for the next theory, because I have to go eat breakfast and do laundry at my friend's house. After that I might come back and talk about the 2nd theory. Of course feel free to talk about anything that you might find as a hole in my theory, but I'm pretty sure it's really good. If there are any it's probably a small hole.*finally gets off the computer.*
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 7:43 pm

" A new Genesis is at hand, and I will be the creator! "
Really? It took me longer to finish RE4 then RE5. neutral
" The right to be a God... That right is now mine. "

xX KibaB Xx

Elliot Salem

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 8:39 pm

Well Alkaizer, if I remember correctly, HUNK was sent to retrieve the G Virus and completed his task. So, that's how another sample of the G Virus was gotten.

Aside from that, since Wesker and Birkin were close friends, I guess you can call them that, Wesker may have known how Birkin created the virus, or may have known where Birkin would hide the way to create the virus. So, there is another way to virus came to be.
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:33 pm

So, for anyone getting a Wii, I'm listing off games. (This is mainly for Celestial Fox Frenzi and Agent Kennedy, btw) Feel free to add!

Naturally, to be fair, I can list some good 360 and PS3 games too if you ask for it. razz

Games for the Wii I recommend:

No More Heroes (one of my favorite games this generation so far. Pure comedy, pure style.)
MadWorld
Super Mario Galaxy
Metroid Prime 3
Castle Shikigami 3
Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
Zelda: Twilight Princess
RE: Umbrella Chronicles (only if you have a buddy, or else it'll get stale after a while!)
Okami (especially if you haven't played the PS2 version)
House of the Dead: Overkill (actually a really fun game)
Deadly Creatures (Billy Bob Thornton is hilarious in this game)
Onechanbara (mindless zombie slaying. Fun zombie slaying)
Super Paper Mario

That's just off the top of my head. I'll let you know if I can think of anymore later, my brain's fried because it's so late. D:

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

Alkaizer87

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:27 am

Elliot Salem
Well Alkaizer, if I remember correctly, HUNK was sent to retrieve the G Virus and completed his task. So, that's how another sample of the G Virus was gotten.

Aside from that, since Wesker and Birkin were close friends, I guess you can call them that, Wesker may have known how Birkin created the virus, or may have known where Birkin would hide the way to create the virus. So, there is another way to virus came to be.
You forget one thing though. I'm talking about that the G-virus is impoosible for it to be in RE4. That's the point I'm proving. However, what I don't get is if Hunk really did get the virus, then how come Birkin-G didn't take it away from him. Birkin-G loves doing three things: impregnanting helpess victims, killing random people, and attracted to g-virus. In my next theory I'll introduce what you've said, and also a lot more.

Ok now it is time for my 2nd theory, and remember this take into account that all the storyline are considered cannon.

Theory #2:
1) Like I said, all stories are cannong in this story. This being said I'm eliminate the very first obvious factor. People who have played RE: Dead Aim will recall that the bad guy Mrophius injected himself, making him the permanent professional crossdresser, with the b@@bs and no ding-a-ling. If you've read the files correctly, yes I do actually read them, it mention the injection he had was mixture of the T and G-virus. This means he had it stored away somehwere on the starting vessel. Also after they get into the facility at the end it exploded along with Morphius's ugly form. Seeing as they were on an island, in a secret place everything sunk to bottom, making it quite impossible to retrieve. So G-virus couldn't have come from there if there was one in RE4.

2)Now I shall explore RE: Umbrella Chronicles. In this game the G-virus is said to be retrieved by two people, Ada and Hunk. Hunk supposedly still had even after Birkin-G attacked. Ada on the other hand, well she could've possibly gotten it two ways.

One, She knew where to get it since Wesker told her where to get it, and got it before going to Leon. However, I find this highly unlikely, I mean think about it she would ahve to have a pocket. Where would it be? Maybe in her normal lower pockets, but then again she might cursh the virus after the landing impact, even if it was something soft she landed on. Also I don't think she would've landed in any water. There is also the crack between her bosom. While that could be sensible it might be forced after impact, here by tossing it into the air. next the hiting of something hard after falling, and then the breaking. Also it wouldn't make sense ot have it on her in the first place before the last Leon encounter since she would already have it. So as explained before she wouldn't threaten Leon.

Then finally two, She got it from Leon after he threw it down. This means the G-virus would hv to hit something soft, and then after she survives the fll, and gets up, she would just happen to come across it while trying to get out. Though a rare chance that this would happen it is possible.

After knwoing these things there is the end result. Ok in Hunks Instance he gives it to Umbrella. For Ada he gives it to Wesker, who I think by that point is no longer with Umbrella. Now to get back to why I'm talking about this, RE4. Both Umbrella, and Wesker would no longer have the motivation to seek it out in RE4. They only solely want the Parasite in order to exlore new possiblities to become stronger and better.

3) Ok now concerning the possiblity that the parasite egg was incased in the G-virus itself. This is of course as shown first in leon's dream/ flash back. Very highly doubt it. Think about what is inmplied here. That is almost exactly like mixing it together, and if not exposing the two too each other. As state about my Birkin-G theory, it rapidly changes the physical appearence, though not all at once. Since the parasite is an organism itself, the egg should also be one too, since it literally grows from the egg. The egg is exposed to the G-virus, it has to integrate jsut like Birkin did. Since Birkin chagned automatically after injection, even though the parasite isn't literally 'injected' iwth it the exposure should some effect, if not right away, but shortly after. This would make it impossible for them to inject it like that, since the parasite egg would have to expand, thus breaking the capsule it was contained in. I would like to think that the purple liquid is something used to sedate the parasite egg before it is released, or injected. It's kind of like when you look at eyes and snakes inside jars ow liquid at science places or class rooms, used to preserve it's appearence. Since I think this Las Plagas, parasite thing is more o a Fantasy thing it is perfectly possible for such a small organism to burst out and rapidly grow after the victims' head comes off.

4) Also I just thought of another one. Remember RE4 came out before RE: Umbrella Chronicles. Every one who goes over the files should know by now how Capcom always make a holes in there stories, since they don't care that much about accuracy. It would not be too far fetched to that the reason why Wesker/Umbrella wants the parasite is because to can rapidly grow as previously stated. Why? Ok first I must draw the attnetion that since Umbrella Chronicles had not come out at the time it is automatically assumed that even though hunk give the G-virus to Umbrella, remember that at that time Wesker was no longer 'with' Umbrella. Thus it means he didn't get the G-virus.

Back to the parasite. I don't know how, but since Wesker some how found out about Las Plagas he should probably already know the possiblities of it some how, or seen what it's done to people. I don't know, butthat's beside the point. The point is since the Las Plagas rapidly grows it has similar traits with the G-virus. It could possibly be that Las Plags is an almost natural form of the G-virus. this being said it is a given that if something is natural it is usually better than the manufactured version that mankind makes. Since Wesker sees it smiliar to the G-virus, and he didn't get the G-virus in Raccoon City, it makes sense for him to want it. This means he can actually control the masses, instead of using uncontrollable G-virus on leaving beings.

Also another added last minute thing, since there is meniton of Birkin and Wesker being close, that would imply he might have obtained it himself or something. I would like to say if he did already have it, as then he wouldn't even give it to the Los Illuminados in the first place. I mean seriously I can see Wesker beinga greddy man, and doing the," Why the heck would I give the G-virus to you? You trying to profit off of my merchandise? I don't think so I'm the one that's going to come out on top of the food chain." So thus it wouldn't appear there in the first place.

End: So there it is...g ahead and look for holes in my theory, I'm sure there are a few that i've already discovered. however you must admit this is some deep thinking. Also a lot has come into consideration. I'm not sure if this could be written off as somethign that the Casual observe could type up. Thankyou for listneing everyone. I expect people to comment and find holes, and if there aren't any than cool. Everything I have thought up is pretty solid if you ask me.
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:14 am

Alkaizer87
Elliot Salem

You forget one thing though. I'm talking about that the G-virus is impoosible for it to be in RE4. That's the point I'm proving. However, what I don't get is if Hunk really did get the virus, then how come Birkin-G didn't take it away from him. Birkin-G loves doing three things: impregnanting helpess victims, killing random people, and attracted to g-virus. In my next theory I'll introduce what you've said, and also a lot more.

For all intents and purposes, HUNK escaped Raccoon City with a sample of the virus for Umbrella. Umbrella didn't fall til 2003, so there was what? 5 years where Umbrella could've easily duplicated the virus for their own personal use. And then when Umbrella was destroyed, the samples of the virus' could've been confiscated. Pretty much, for there on out, anybody could've taken the sample and sold it on the black market.

As for Birkin, well, Birkin was attracted to another. He chased down Sherry for 2 reasons. 1, the G Virus in her locket. And 2, it was because of their likeness in DNA, Birkin was going to use her as a mate, kinda thing.

Speaking of, HUNK could've possibly out run the mutation and run away. As you said, Birkin loved to impregnate people, kill random people and attracted to the G Virus, he could've easily been chasing HUNK, and then got distracted. Or HUNK could've injured him which caused Birkin as a counter measure to find a way to multiple incase it was destroyed.

Elliot Salem

Alkaizer87

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:12 am

Elliot Salem
Alkaizer87
Elliot Salem

For all intents and purposes, HUNK escaped Raccoon City with a sample of the virus for Umbrella. Umbrella didn't fall til 2003, so there was what? 5 years where Umbrella could've easily duplicated the virus for their own personal use. And then when Umbrella was destroyed, the samples of the virus' could've been confiscated. Pretty much, for there on out, anybody could've taken the sample and sold it on the black market.

As for Birkin, well, Birkin was attracted to another. He chased down Sherry for 2 reasons. 1, the G Virus in her locket. And 2, it was because of their likeness in DNA, Birkin was going to use her as a mate, kinda thing.

Speaking of, HUNK could've possibly out run the mutation and run away. As you said, Birkin loved to impregnate people, kill random people and attracted to the G Virus, he could've easily been chasing HUNK, and then got distracted. Or HUNK could've injured him which caused Birkin as a counter measure to find a way to multiple incase it was destroyed.
Um...you are forgetting one important thing. Birkin and Wesker are the only ones who actualyl have records of the g-virus. Birkin being paranoid about his ' precious' g-virus wouldn't leave a single strand of evidence of his research, how would that happen? 1) in RE0 Birkin emntion about workign the the g-virus, so that means he transfered everythign he hd in disk, paper, or both, taking it along with him. Even if he left it in the PCs one would have to get into it directly, since the manson is cut off and isolated for a reason, no outsiders can get into their research rom the outside. The Re0 mansion exploded, and then there goes the data.

In RE2 he was paranoid about the others stealing hsi research as you saw that he was ready with a gun, and not just having no gun. A contsant paranoid person goes through a lot of measures for his goal, nothing left in PC, and only paper or disk form, but by then he's already made them. thus he would destroy the research data. If he needed to do further reasearch he would just start be exmining his already g-virus. Also as Re2 shows the palce was nuked, leaving no shread of evidence. I seriously doubt Ada or any agent for that matter would have to time to patiently downlaod something with zombies on the loose, and having a count down on their lives. They sent agents to get the g-virus becasue Umbrella, that is sying outside of Raccoon City facilities, did not have the data, if they did they wouldn't go through the trouble of huntign birkin down. That's why willian was so paranoid about stealing the research, and aagain back to the paranoid measures about deletion of all passable evidence.

Now concerning WEsker, the only other real tie to the g-virus, as stated above from my last post id does not have to g-virus, that is until RE: Umbrella Chronicles was creatred, and by then he's no longer working with umbrella.

Again we are getting off track. I am tlakign about g-virus not geting into re4. ANtoher thing, poor Sherry, so innocent and yet her fathe already want incest. AGain no one else knows of th g-virus, and if they do they don't have to data to create another one, that is to say the people within umbrella. Also gain hunk out run the G-birkin? Not bloodly likely. I mean I know I hven't played the re2's Hunk mission, but seriosuly the guy got wiped out, or so it seemed. Thus technically his out, not out cold but out. Remember Hunk's 4th survivor starts with him in the sewers, not running for his life from Birkin-G. Speakign of the black market, that reminds me of Code Veronica X. stupid Steve's dad. But of coruse that's the t-virus so no, not posible for the los illumindos in Re4 to get it.
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:33 am

Okay, for starters... when was Birkin ever eating G-Virus samples in RE2? I don't remember that at all.

And okay, Ada and Hunk both escaped Raccoon City with a G-Virus sample. This is fact/canon, and there's no need to dispute whether or not either of them could have possibly pulled it off. Ada got a tissue sample from a piece of Birkin's mutated flesh in Umbrella Chronicles, so she didn't really have to worry about breaking any liquid samples during her escape.

And somehow the G-Virus ended up in the hands of pharmaceutical companies like WilPharma, etc. who had quite a few shady employees that sold virus samples on the Black Market (as shown in Degeneration). And there you go.

As far as the whole egg thing, first off, the reason Birkin transformed so rapidly was because he was wounded. It is a known characteristic of the G-Virus that the host evolves much more rapidly when wounded. And I never spoke on the method in which the Plagas is exposed to the G-Virus. It is also very possible they could have injected the G-Virus into the egg, thus infecting the parasite itself at the larva stage. And yes, it is very possible they could do this. They perform lipid injections and s**t on fish eggs in real life. But either way, the G-Virus wouldn't cause it to grow so rapidly right off, unless it was wounded somehow.

Alkaizer87
Since I think this Las Plagas, parasite thing is more of a Fantasy thing it is perfectly possible for such a small organism to burst out and rapidly grow after the victims' head comes off.

Well see, I am not so willing to accept that. Not in the RE universe, which is why I like to think of it in this way. I realize that this isn't how it is, but it's just the way I choose to accept it, and it works. It makes sense that a G-infected parasite would grow so rapidly and burst out from a hosts head after it is blown off, because of known characteristics of the G-Virus such as,

1.) Accelerating cellular duplication.
2.) The fact that "G-Carriers" mutate and grow even faster when wounded or experiencing physical trauma, due to the incredible regenerative capabilities of infected cells.

Thee Stranger

Alkaizer87

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:14 pm

You seriously don't remember him eating the samples. Well go you tube the cutscenes for RE2, that is if they're still on youtube. Also like I said. In my theories I do not take the Movies into account, that includes Degeneration. Also another thing I've explained an other way why the g-virus wouldn't be a part of the egg thingy to begin with. First of all the only known existing samples after the nuke are the ones that Ada and Hunk have. Again I say Ada gave it to Wesker, and Hunk gave it to Umbrella. If you remember correctly in RE4 that it is not metnioned at all that Umbrella nor Wesker is hactualyl helping the Los Illuminados. It wouldn't make sense for Wesker to help them by giving them a piece of it, since he's a power hungry person. Personally I know that it would be a great risk to let them have a small piece, being that they could indeed become more powerful than me. Thus Wekser wouldn't give them a piece since he likes being on top of the food chain. As for Umbrella, I highly doubt they would sell it on the blck market. I mean they just got the g-virus. The would study it after duplicating it so that they cn try it on various subjects. It is possible tht one of the more greedy employees tried to sell it on the blckmarket, but seeing as this is Umbrella they keep tight watch on everyone. Remember Umbrella is also power hungry, and want to keep their competative edge in dealings. Letting a small slip up would allow their opponents to get an upper hand, and eventually might exceed Umbrella's research.

As for have to get injurred and wounded, well yeah you're right about that one. I was wondering who would say it first. I stayed away from saying it. But that's beside the point since I'm just talking about G-virus not being in RE4.

Also I would like to point out again, Capcom doesn't know how to do accurate story lines, so it would make sense if they suddenly made up something later to explain how the G-virus escaped, eventhough maybe some file sources or events should disprove it. Capcom just wants to further continue RE series, and don't care that much of how acccurate the facts are, as long as it's close enough so that the people who don't do their homework are satisfied.

I forgot which thread it was, but someone did mention how they say they barricaded raccoon city, making it un able for anyone to get in. I think this was in a documentation. However in RE2 some how, one or two days later as the said date that they barricaded the city some how Leon and Claire got in. Also as in the starting cutscenes they quite freely go in, a not barricaded city. So yeah, I wouldn't be surprised at how many holes Capcom created out of their storylines.

all this aside, I would jsut like to say I don't cre If I really win in somethign like this. I jsut like a good arguement/discussion since it might bring some details to other people's attention. Like I learned that the g-virus Ada had is a Birkin tissue, though I don't see how she got it. Would you mind showing me a source that tell s you that? I'm curious.
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:34 pm

Stranger, I am jealous of your labcoat. eek

MadamTarantula

Thee Stranger

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:39 pm

Okay, I just popped in my Dreamcast version of RE2 and watched all of the cutscenes in Movie Viewer mode. Birkin doesn't eat any G-Virus samples in any of them.

Degeneration isn't like the live action movies; it is actually official canon along with the rest of the main series. Even without Degeneration though, the plot of RE5 still supports the fact that after Umbrella went under, their bioweapons and virus's ended up on the black market. Since Hunk got a sample back to Umbrella, it's obvious that they studied it and duplicated it, as evidenced in side-stories like Dead Aim. It is also not out of the realm of possibility that a former Umbrella employee could get a hold of a G-Virus sample and sell it to another rival company, especially around the time Umbrella was starting to go bankrupt. They wouldn't have the money and resources to watch everybody so closely. And I have never suggested that Wesker was helping the Los Illuminados, so you can just drop that whole thing right now. It's quite obvious that he was not. He learned of the Plagas and s**t via intercepted messages from Luis Sera.

I'm fully aware that Capcom hasn't been able to weave a coherent storyline since RE2. That's why I started molding my own personal canon in the first place, in order to rid the official canon of all the holes. But nothing in the RE canon (even before the Wesker's Report & Umbrella Chronicles retconning) contradicts the fact that Hunk got away with a sample for Umbrella in RE2. That was established in RE2, and that's all I need from RE2 to support my theory.

And that was me. I laid out the whole outbreak timeline for that RE4 n00b in another thread, and dropped the link in one of the threads here.

Well, honestly, this is a pretty pointless discussion for me at this point, because it's just theory VS theory, and you're picking, choosing and disregarding things from the official canon to support your argument. I thought you were going to blow my theory out of the water based purely on the canon facts of the series. My theory doesn't really change any of the established facts, merely adds in a detail that wasn't at all explained in RE4 (how Luis made the Plagas more powerful/how many of the other creatures in the game, such as the Verdugo, came to be).

The Birkin's tissue sample thing was a retcon explained in the Umbrella Chronicles. Here is the cutscene. Now, since I dug up that cutscene for you, I would like to see this cutscene of Birkin eating the G-Virus's samples, because I'm quite certain that never happened.

Angela, all the jealousy s**t is mayonnaise and celery s**t. I'm jealous of your life, 'cause I don't have one at the present. xd
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:49 am

Ew, I hate mayo and celery. xp

I really don't feel like I have a life. I'm at home most of the time and I never get to see my friends anymore. Eventhough I love to talk to them online, I really have nothing to talk about. I don't have a job and I haven't furthered my education since graduating so nothing interesting really happens to me so I get nervous and feel boring to the point where I'll avoid talking.

MadamTarantula

Alkaizer87

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:07 am

well I'll look for th cutscene. Are the Dreamcast and PS versions of re2 different, I could've sworn I saw him eating some. Well it's not offically the g-virus since his big clawwed hand is covering what he's eating but I'm s sure the fact that there are large amounts of broken viles on the floor near where birkin-g is eating, or dirnking sinnce it's in liquid form. O kanyways I'll look for the cutscene...so yeah useless discussion. Edit: Thanks for the youtube. The subtitles on my cousin's RE: UC game is set to japanese, so I couldn't see what Ada said, since hearing it wasn't an option with such low volume. So yeha I would like to know how Ada got it into that container she has. I mean I'm sure she didn't stop buy the local umbrella facility and buy a highly protevtive g-virus vial container.

Edit: I found the cutscene. You might not realize it at first since Birkin-g does do it briefly. Ok this is what you look for. First it kills the first two Umbrella agents, then he stomps on a g-virus sample. Next he starts eating/dirnking somethign in his clawed hand. Even though tyou can't directly see it the only thing he can eat or drink are the samples. Also the little fragments of stuff coming from his hand as he eats is probably the glass of the vials. Also if you look closely as he brings his hand up, you can briefly see a long structure in his hand. It is possible that there is more than one, which could only mean the test tubes that the vials that the g-virus samples were in. Now that you know what to look for I will be giving the link.

This is the youtube link.

So yeah not all of the were destroyed. I guess my memory isn't as good as it was...oh well the discussion was fun while it lasted. Lets drop the subject. Anyone have any funny fan made RE videos? please post them in the Fan MAde Video thread.
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 605 606 607 608 609 610 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games