Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "COS" ^Can O Spam^
Moonie's Ramblings Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 606 607 608 609 610 611 ... 2595 2596 2597 2598 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:56 am
User Image
*chuckles* It's sort of funny reading some of her comments and actually knowing what she's talking about. xd

Dr. Regina McMenomy
I dreaded going into class today. The last time we had a discussion heavy class, I snapped at some of my students because they were chatting with each other instead of talking to the class. Usually, I ignore such behavior. My pedagogy generally leans towards the idea that this is your education, if you want to piss it away chatting about lip gloss or boys or whatever else can’t wait until after class, so be it. And that works for me until it gets in the way of someone else’s learning. Then I snap. I think I turned it around well enough – I made it an opportunity for normally too quiet students to participate in class but it’s difficult to tell how the students feel once they’ve been publicly reprimanded.

That particular event occurred in my English Studies class. A couple of my classmates were busy talking amongst themselves while Regina was telling us stuff. While I know it's hard snapping at someone, I think her doing it was the right move... and I agree with Regina's thought process. It's our education and you should have the will to take everything you can from it, especially with the amount of money spent for it. If you don't want to take your classes seriously, then why you even in college? Or why did you even take the class in the first place (unless you are fulfilling a degree requirement)?
User Image  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:23 am
User Image
*cracks up laughing* Just watched a segment from Rachael Ray's show where Captains Sig, Andy and Johnathan from Deadliest Catch were doing a cook off. They are so funny when they are being friendly-competitive. ^.^;
User Image  

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:40 am
User Image
[url=http://dailypost.wordpress.com/]The Daily Post[/url]
Topic #110:

Describe your first encounter with a celebrity

Bonus: What celebrity would you most want to meet? Least?

It might take awhile for me to think back on which celebrities I've met and what order I encountered them. While I've met some folks who would be considered local celebrities, I don't think that's necessarily what this writing prompt is looking for. With that being said, the first media celebrity I met would have to be Shelly Lipkin. He may not be a well-known celebrity, but he's still a TV/Movie celebrity none the less.

I had the honor of having him as my professor for my TV/Movie Acting class at the community college I attended. Although he listed off the past productions he had been part of, I never really had the starstruck feeling, probably because I never really realized how much of a celebrity he was. I think I am a bit more surprised by the fact I know him when I've continued to see what latest productions he's been in and realize how many celebrities (ones that are more well-known) he's worked with. In the end, he was a great professor and we got along very well. I ended up being his "assistant camera operator" when we filmed our performances. It was through that class - and him - that I discovered that the area of acting I would most love to dwell further into would be the TV/Movie realm. So thank you, Shelly!

---

Right now the celebrity I want to meet most is Benedict Cumberbatch. It's not just because he's a handsome guy and he's playing the role of Sherlock Holmes in BBC Sherlock, but because he's an excellent actor who is able to act in a variety of roles... and generally seems like a wonderful person to get to know.

Besides Benedict, the other celebrity that is at the top of my list to meet would be Johnny Depp. Again the primary reason is because he is one of my favorite actors and seems like a wonderful person to get to know.

There's various other celebrities I would love to meet but at this time Benedict and Johnny are the top ones on my list.

---

A celebrity I would least want to meet... hmm... I don't think there's really any celebrity I would want to refuse meeting. I think any celebrity encounter I have would be great, especially if we end up staying in contact and could help me enter the acting business. *shrugs*

User Image  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:48 am
User Image
I'm off to take a shower. Be back in a bit.
User Image  

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:14 am
User Image
I'm back.

*sings along with "Learn To Do It" from Anastasia*
User Image  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:18 am
User Image
The Daily Post
Topic #103:

What would you do differently if you were president or Prime Minister of your country for a day?

Well, if I didn't have to worry about the congress getting in the way, I would make gay marriage legal across the entire country. Other than that, I would probably look into how the country is using their money and create a better plan to help our economy return to normal/improve. But there's not much I can do in one day as president... especially when many things take several days or weeks or months or years to come to be.
User Image  

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:51 am
User Image
The Daily Post
Topic #99:

Have you ever considered writing a book? If so what would it be about? Make a list of the ideas you want to cover, or the themes it might have. If you’ve never considered writing a book, what other major work have you thought about (a movie? a symphony?). Write a paragraph or two about what you imagine it would be like.

Obviously if I'm planning on being an author, I've been considering to write a book. I've always loved the fantasy/science fiction genre and have always planned on writing novels in that area. However, I have kept openminded to the idea of writing works in other areas, either forms of writing or different genres. I have quite a few ideas in mind... some I have started working on, but I'm not sure whether I'll get around to actually completing them or not... especially when the original moment of inspiration has run away from me, due to the length of time since I last worked on them. sweatdrop

Since this writing prompt has asked to provide a sample of a writing, here you go. It's not exactly from any particular piece, but just a random paragraph.

Her hands were delicate and soft just like the roses she worked with. She held onto each rose stem carefully as she lifted it out of the way to trim certain branches off to give the wall of rose bush it's smooth, flat look again. Occasionally a faint humming of a cheerful yet mystical sounding tune broke the silence in between the songs of the nearby birds. She was so entranced in her work that she did not notice the man who was walking down the path towards her, until his silky, musky voice broke through her daydreaming thoughts.
"A rose by any other name would smell as a sweet," he cited.
She jumped slightly from being startled, before looking over at the man. Instantly his blue eyes caught her attention making it hard for her to focus. A slight smile appeared on her face as she recalled where she had heard the phrase from before.
"O Romeo, Romeo! wherefore art thou Romeo?" she replied as she got to her feet. "I take it that you are a Shakespeare fan then?"
"I don't know about being a fan, but I am familiar with the works. Perhaps one of the very few literature pieces in the world I enjoy."
"I see. If you are not much of a reader, then what do you do?"
"Besides my work, I enjoy talking walks to admire nature. When I know there will be a good performance, I go to the opera. And a few other things here and there."
"The opera? I've always wanted to go see one, but never had the time to."
"Perhaps I can take you to one the next time I go."
Her eyes narrowed slightly as she was reminded of similar situations from her past of interactions with men. Her first impression of this man did not cause any mental red flags to go up, but she had been blindsided before. Would this man be another to fall under the same category?
"That is if you want to go to an opera with me," he added, a few moments later noticing her delay in response.
"It's very kind of you to offer," she replied cautiously. "If I knew you more I would probably be more welcome to accepting it."
She then glanced over the man's shoulder as she noticed another figure appearing around the opening in the stone wall. A sigh of irritation escaped her as she looked away as if trying to hide from this new figure's gaze. The man standing before her noticed her actions and turned slightly to look over his shoulder, before turning back to her.
"That man - he's been trying to earn your affections, hasn't it? But you have no interest in him at all? Judging my reaction to his appearance, I take it you've denied him several times but the message doesn't seem to get through to him."
She turned her gaze back to the man with slightly wide eyes in surprise. She shook her head as she tried to figure out how he knew so much.
"Impressive. It's all true."

User Image  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:56 am
User Image
Well, it's time for me to head off to eat some lunch and then head to class. There's an event going on this afternoon, so I'm planning on going to that. So... not sure when I'll get around to posting here again. *shrugs* TTFN!
User Image  

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:46 pm
User Image
Good afternoon everyone.

I ended up sleeping in until noon today. While I didn't like the fact that I slept in so late, I did enjoy getting to sleep in. Not to mention, I enjoyed the dream that I had last night - Benedict Cumberbatch was in it... and we had a romantic connection with each other. whee 4laugh
User Image  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:49 pm
User Image
Now I'm going to start working on my essay for English Studies. I've determined which approach I want to go with. Just have to go through my books and select out the text I am thinking of using in my essay.

8 pages (double spaced) to complete before May 5. Here we go!

User Image
User Image  

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:11 pm
User Image
Cute logo that Google has.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:07 pm
User Image
La di da...
User Image  

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:41 pm
User Image
I'm slowly getting a good amount of sources to use for my paper. Right now it's sort of hit and miss with the facts I've chosen, since I'm using the index of my theory book to find aspects in the critical essay that relates to the general idea I'm going for with my paper. Once I finish going through the different topics listed in the index, I'm going to go through the entire essays I ended up picking out and seeing if there's anything else I want to take notes on.
User Image  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:05 pm
User Image
I'm going to be glad when I'm done writing this paper.
User Image  

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:08 pm
User Image
Quote:
This week, the real journey begins in Mineiro Scroll. Armed with a weapon, you set off to explore the abandoned mine that you believe is your destination. However, signs of life in the tunnels suggest that something was-- or still is-- inside...

When I read that last part, the first thing that same to mind was this:

It's the Silence.

Doctor Who fans will understand.
User Image  
"COS" ^Can O Spam^

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 606 607 608 609 610 611 ... 2595 2596 2597 2598 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games