Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
.::Introduce Yourself (or face a life of lurking...)::. Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 59 60 61 62 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MiniSiets

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:43 pm
Hello, I just joined here. I'm 19 currently, and was raised as a Protestant Methodist Christian. At the age of 16 I began to seriously question my faith, eventually becoming a deist and then shortly afterward accepted myself as an atheist. My church was good to me, but unfortunately beliefs should not be predicated upon emotion alone, so I left them behind.

Anyway, I like nature and animals, as well as nerdy sci-fi/fantasy stuff, video games, and a mix of odd sports. I also like to argue big controversial things like politics and religion, and that's basically why I'm here. Soooo, yeah. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:20 pm
User Image

ME SAYING HI....or showing off my tattoos..or both...

Some of you may know me from the LD, and ED. I consider myself a Secular Humanist. Almost all of my values mirror the late Kurt Vonnegut's.

I get most of my secular information from Reddit.com's Atheist section, and I am always excited to share new articles :3

Nice to meet you all.  

What Happened To LSD

1,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Le Pere Duchesne

Beloved Prophet

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:50 am
Heya, I'm Gracchvs. You can call me Gracc.
I'm a militant Dialectical Materialist. Don't knoe what it means? Pretty much 'godless communist.' Some may know me from my posting in ED-P, which I haven't done in a few weeks, and a few others here know me as the leader of the MCS, one of Gaia's largest political guilds.

If you have any interest or just questions about communism, send me a PM. If I can't answer straight away, I will at least know where to find the answers.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:19 am
Heya... I'm Rose, I live on an island at the edge of the atlantic. Over here we calls our selves the 'United Kingdom'... Um... thats pretty much it :3  

NarrowHouse

Dangerous Lunatic

7,900 Points
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Pet Lover 100

G_A_U
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:22 pm
Welcome Mother UK. wink  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:40 pm
Hi.
Friends call me Torment.
About me: I'm random. I'm strange. I love music. I like cats. I'm always singing. I think sleep is overrated. I love clove cigarettes. I read a lot. Wanna know more?!? Chat with meh! =3  

Unrelenting Bloodlust

Miz Sharpe

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:21 pm
Hi, I'm Miz.

I was raised Lutheran, but always felt out-of-place in church. At the age of 12 I learned about the conflict between Christianity and homosexuality. It sparked a lot of Bible-reading that eventually lead me away from the faith.

I realized I'd only been believing out of fear of Hell, and a lack of knowledge about the nastier parts of the bible that they don't tell you apart in Sunday school. I could no longer call this god "loving" and mean it. I struggled with this fear of damnation through most of my high school years, as the religion had become ingrained even though I no longer agreed with its morals.

The more I thought rationally, though, the less afraid I became. The promise of oblivion after death is far more comforting than the promise of heaven ever was.

I consider myself a Secular Humanist. I value the idea of making your own meaning in life, treating others with respect (not pity, as many Christians treat "heathens") and peaceful coexistence.

I like video games, singing, drawing, and cooking. <3

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:04 pm
Hi there! I'm Jeannie, I'm an oldball and an atheist.  

OtakuJeannie

Demonic Bookworm

30,400 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200

x-tinora-x

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:05 pm
Hi!Just joined I'm tinora.I just wanted to post here so people don't stare at me awkwardly when I post other places and be like "Who the hell is she?"and I'l be like "Uh....just a lurker emo "LOL  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:50 am
Hello, I'm Ana, and I don't know what to say. biggrin

I'm 17, and am from New Zealand... ummmm, I've been an atheist (or at least a religious doubter) for as long as I can remember, but I come from a very religious family. One day I'll come out, one day!

I look forward to meeting everybody and the interesting discussions that shall presumably ensue. smile  

[neon.zombie]

Calamity Rose

6,550 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:43 am
I'm Rosie, and I'm from California (central coast).

I was raised a Jehovah's Witness and pretty much started on the path towards doubting ever since I learned about evolution. My religion did not agree with it, and said that the bible didn't. I spent a while transitioning through being a christian that accepted evolution, being a theistic agnostic, being an atheistic agnostic, to finally being a nihilist atheist now. That's the uninteresting part though.

I'm concurrently enrolled in high school and a local community college. I plan on declaring my major when I graduate high school, and going for a double major in Digital Media & Publishing (in other words graphic design and web design) and Theatre Arts. I'm pretty obsessive about Broadway. I sing and play guitar, and music is a huge part of my life. Most of the time I can be found either working on a logo or something in illustrator, or crouched over a pile of sheet music.

I'm 16, nearly 17, and I'm still un-learning religion and teaching myself to think in terms of logic, reason, and evidence rather than blind faith. I'm on my way, though.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:21 am
Hello, I'm Violet. I'm an agnostic atheist, since I don't believe in any gods but cannot know for sure that I'm right. I also do not believe in an afterlife, as the concept makes absolutely no logical sense to me.  

Violet Macbeth

Ravyn-Bird79

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:49 pm
Hey, I'm Ravyn_Bird79. I've been an Atheist since 10th grade (about 7 years now). I am married and live in MN.
I love music (especially Dir en Grey and Orgy), cats, and anime. I'll be visiting Japan this spring for two weeks, and I'm super psyched! 4laugh  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:35 pm
You see my user name? there you go, But you can just call me Rabbit, some just call me Psycho. You choose.
Im am currently 26 years of age.
I Live if you can call it that in Sacramento CA.
I once was Christain, was in a cult. Not a killer cult, The Churches of Christ. So horrable, they got me at 8, had me thinking they were the one true church and if you went babtised into it you were going to hell. Well a few years ago they broke up and told everyone that they of corse wernt.
So even though I wasnt still apart of it, it fu_ked me up worse.

Now When it comes to God! Idk, and I dont care. The Bible is a fairy tale, man lies and a chuch is a haouse of lies.  

The-Psycho-Rabbit

6,750 Points
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Invisibility 100

Edible Jennann

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:21 pm
Greeting all. Quite happy to be here. I'm a 30ish Gaian and the whimsical byproduct of an atheist father (who was, in my humble opinion, a math/science physics "god" in his own right) and a desperately indecisive but deeply religious mother (aka holy Mary, mother of Jen).

Mom fought the good fight, but Dad eventually won the war... How could he not after years of telling me, "Baby, you can believe in all you mother's hoodoo and mumbojumbo if you WANT to. But don't do it just because she says you should. That's not the kind of girl I'm raising."

Anyway, I dabble in writing fiction, believe words have incredible power/beauty, and love a good conversation or even a heated (but civil and exceedingly polite) discussion from time to time.

Thanks for accepting me into the Guild and I look forward to getting to know you all.

Regards,

Edible Jennann
(aka Jennifer)  
The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 59 60 61 62 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out