Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
::Grill 13 Restaurant:: NEW Pictures on the Menu! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 611 612 613 614 615 616 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:17 pm
So, what, is the Japanese standard for games over there?  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:53 pm
depends, pc or console. PC it's Chinese. Console then it's either Japanese or Chinese, but mostly Japanese. Then again they may buy bootlegged versions at half the price. Which means their console has been modify to play any language, including english.  

Alkaizer87

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:00 am
Wow that sucks. You have to like, know 3 different languages depending on the game. Although I guess knowing 3 languages is at least useful, even if a pain in the a** to learn. Especially since Japanese and Chinese are cooler than... Say... French.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:38 am
Wel the Japanese games aren't a pain to the Chinese speaking people since most of the Japanese Kanji derive from the Chinese. Although the Chiense Characters in Taiwan are traditional, not liei the simplified characters in Japan and China. So in short the people over here can read bits and parts of the game, while using pictures sounds and the situation as an aid to figure out the story.  

Alkaizer87

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:44 am
Chinese is the standard language in Taiwan?  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:21 pm
@Deadite: You're talking about the original, right? Evil Dead 2 is where it's at. By far my fav of the trilogy. I'm a big fan of Dead Alive as well.

And I wish I was fluent in Japanese, so I could play and understand Policenauts. I have the import for the Saturn. crying  

Thee Stranger

Mr. Kennedy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:42 pm
I would kill for a copy of RE2. Saw it at a swapmeet not too long ago, Mexican was selling it for 30. I was kinda pissed. RE doesn't offer too much scares anymore you are right, I was thinking I was desensitized by Silent Hill maybe. I didn't think anyone thought it was losing it's edge too.

But I dunno, the adrenaline can get you. Hoping that last bullet will be a headshot or that you find a herb soon. You don't feel that sense of real danger in Silent Hill too much.

Yeah, knowing Japanese would help a lot...  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:57 pm
Damn, I wish I had a copy of RE2. It's nigh impossible to find RE games here at Gamestop.

Oh! By the way, I rented Umbrella Chronicles to try it out. It was fun, but I honestly sucked at it. I probably would have enjoyed it more with co-op. <.<  

Javanomicron

FemBot684

4,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:52 pm
well i thought i would get good scores by acting like i was in...ya know...a survival horror; conserving ammo and taking headshots and just trying to get through as fast as possible while collecting supplies. well for umbrella chronicles...wow. i played with my older brother and while we had a great time but he kept getting the higher scores just from shooting EVERYTHING lol. good fun as long as you have a friend to yell at xd

btw my head sploded rofl love gaia's april thing  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:03 pm
Yaaay exploding head. XD  

Javanomicron

Thee Stranger

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:33 pm
I have 4 RE2s... PS, N64, DC, and GC.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:42 pm
Xenomina
Damn, I wish I had a copy of RE2. It's nigh impossible to find RE games here at Gamestop.

Oh! By the way, I rented Umbrella Chronicles to try it out. It was fun, but I honestly sucked at it. I probably would have enjoyed it more with co-op. <.<
Yes, as much as I hate Umbrella Chronicles, it's actually tolerable if you turn the sound effects off, and skip the cinematics.  

Biohazard EXTREME

MadamTarantula

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:11 pm
Hoo boy, I feel another panic attack coming on... sad  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:14 pm
Eh? Why?  

Biohazard EXTREME

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 611 612 613 614 615 616 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games