Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
::Grill 13 Restaurant:: NEW Pictures on the Menu! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 612 613 614 615 616 617 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Alkaizer87

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:02 pm
Everyone ok? I'm watching movie right now...  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:19 pm
@Bio and Alkazier: That was close earlier, but I'm fine now. I don't want to talk about it. X:

What movie did you watch Alkazier?  

MadamTarantula

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:57 am
Are you sure it was a panic attack? Are you sure it wasn't one of those things where your heart beats at 400 beats per minute and the adrenalin in your body makes everything seem so slow that you could shoot the wings off a housefly, or curve bullets if you wanted to?

Or is my reference flying over everyone's head?  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:10 am
It's Wanted. 3nodding

I've only had one once before and it started with rapid heartbeat...  

MadamTarantula

King of Paradise

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:25 am
@Bio: You have heard my recent news, right?

@Thee Stranger: Yes, I know you are, you said so in one of of our debates. All of them is where it is at. But, unknown to most who know me and my Evil Dead fetish, there is something about 2 I just can't stand...

@Angela: The constant fear of getting a prank pulled on you can give you those ha ha.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:14 am
No, I have not. What's going on?  

Biohazard EXTREME

King of Paradise

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:56 am
Nothing major. Only that Sam Raimi is 9 pages (Probably more by now) into the Evil Dead IV script...Yes, EVIL MOTHER ******** DEAD IV.

Three things:

Don't ask for a source, cause I don't have it, just take my word on this. Trust me: My word is golden when it comes to all things Evil Dead.

Also, it's unknown whether or not Bruce will be back, but chances are most likely yes. I don't know if Sam would proceed without him.

Lastly, we won't be getting it until after Spider Man 4, which will be coming out in like 2011.

He enjoyed doing Drag Me to Hell so much, that his interest for Evil Dead IV has been properly restored.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:30 am
Wow, that's crazy news! Yeah, it's gotta be Campbell. The only person who can take Ash's part other than campbell, if Raimi actually wants to keep Ash young is Ryan Ward, who played Ash in the musical. That or myself. But I'd need a chin job.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Thee Stranger

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:01 pm
So what is it about Evil Dead 2 that you cannot stand?  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:31 pm
Thee Stranger
So what is it about Evil Dead 2 that you cannot stand?

I won't lie...I was waiting for you to ask that. lol

Anyways, the thing I can't stand about Evil Dead 2 is the beginning "retelling" of the first movie.

I understand that some things had to be changed to make the plot of the sequel work (Like retconning Ash burning the book to him not burning the book), but why the hell is it only about Ash and his girlfriend? It's just so ineffective when it comes to riling up scares.

The reason why I loved the first is it because it played with your fears of isolation. It was way more effective when there were five people then just two. It's was scary seeing his friends being picked off one by one until he became secluded from all things living. But in the retelling, it's like "oh! you're girlfriends possessed...Gotta kill her...And that's the end of that".

Since Sam wasn't able to secure the rights to the original film, I understand why he did what he did for the retelling. But why leave out all the friends, when they were an integral part of what made the original movie so damn scary and great?

Although the sequel probably wouldn't have focused on the friends (Since they were dead...Evil dead), it just, I dunno, ticks me off to see that part left out of the sequel, which this movie is really supposed to be, a direct sequel to the original, not a re-imagining. Changing something like that is way too major.

The only thing I think the retelling is good for is showcasing the new Ash, since his demeanor is much different from that of the original.

That being said, whenever I watch Evil Dead 2, I usually start at the scene where the first movie ended, and just allow the fact that the book wasn't burned seep into the plot somehow ha ha. And that's where I love it, which sucks, because there was some good s**t in the retelling...Nah, I watch the retelling, but it just slightly irritates me so ha ha.

[EDIT]: I just watched the retelling again. It can be fully ignored with out it ruining the movie, but still. Little details, man.  

King of Paradise

Thee Stranger

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:28 pm
Well, they couldn't get the rights to the first film so that they could do a proper recap. If they got all the friends back, then it would've taken even longer to get into the events of Evil Dead 2.

Plus, the same thing happened with Army of Darkness. Remember how Evil Dead 2 ended and Army of Darkness began? It's not the same at all. So why can't you stand that?

I didn't think Evil Dead was scary. The only time I can really get into it is at the end, after all the friends and sister are dead, and Ash is isolated in the cabin by himself.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:59 pm
Thee Stranger
Well, they couldn't get the rights to the first film so that they could do a proper recap. If they got all the friends back, then it would've taken even longer to get into the events of Evil Dead 2.

I'd rather have that. Plus, a recap was totally unnecessary. But the fact he did one, and then changed what happened was irritating. It makes the entire first movie insignificant, if not just entirely non-existent to the series's storyline.

Plus, the same thing happened with Army of Darkness. Remember how Evil Dead 2 ended and Army of Darkness began? It's not the same at all. So why can't you stand that?

True, but what they changed was minor, compared to something that made an entire movie unnecessary. It was a simple retcon that didn't hurt it's foundation that much, unlike Evil Dead 2's retelling. I mean, while watching the Evil Dead 2 past the moment where the first movie ended, it's hard to believe that the friends where even there, especially since he made it so they weren't, which was, as I say so often, irritating. It hurt the series integrity (For me) to the point where the Evil Dead 2 is many movies behind being my third favorite (First and Second are occupied by ED1 and 3, respectively).

I didn't think Evil Dead was scary. The only time I can really get into it is at the end, after all the friends and sister are dead, and Ash is isolated in the cabin by himself.

Yeah, I know. But I still find moments that still make me tremble in terror, such as when his sister constantly lifts the cellar door in an attempt to escape during the more active scenes, and you see her horribly demonic face. Or the pencil scene ha ha.

King of Paradise

Mr. Kennedy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:57 pm
I saw Evil Dead only recently, it was at a mc chris concert. I loved Evil Dead 2 and Army of Darkness, so the movie was a plus. The girl constantly lifting the cellar door really got me. Creepy as hell.

Silent Hill confirmed for the Wii. Everyone is saying it's a rail shooter. Please tell me it's not sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:12 pm
I found Evil Dead 1 to be a bit boring, to be honest. The real candy comes when you watch it with Bruce Campbell's commentary.

SH for the Wii? Well, it wouldn't surprise me if they just ported the arcade version, which is, yes, a rail shooter.

What I'm more excited for is the remake of Silent Hill 1 for the PSP, which has also been confirmed.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Mr. Kennedy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:15 pm
Bruce is the man. I'll look it up.
Anyone else find the fountain of blood scene hilarious?

Aww man. Forget it then.
On PSP? Aww man again. Wouldn't risk a console remake huh? I don't think I know anyone with a PSP anymore.  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 612 613 614 615 616 617 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games