Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Back to Guilds

Dedicated to bringing Chinese and friends from all over the world together. 

Tags: China, Chinese, friendship, Culture 

Reply *~ International Chinese Unite ~*
~*~ ICU Chatterbox ~*~ Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 612 613 614 615 616 617 ... 793 794 795 796 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

IxianMace

Interstellar Seeker

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 5:09 am
I saw that 'Yellow Fever' video. The original link here in this guild was broken, but I found a new one on YouTube. It was amusing, but kinda sad at the same time. One could ask how long the situation has been like that.

And does the video truly highlight real contributors to the problem? Or was it just a humorous stereotypical poke made at the current state of affairs devoid of any attempt to seriously address it? Is there no hope for us? Are we to be bred out of existence? smile

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 5:13 am
PoT yaoi...?

But they're just kids! gonk  

cold_blooded_chick

Chibito7

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 6:23 am
@Ixian: I watched that video years and years ago! Loved it, really cracked me up. 3nodding And I'm not really in the mood for debating, but... we won't be bred out of existence. Not yet. It'll take hundreds of years for that to happen.

But, I remember quoting a while back that 'one day, we will all be beige'.

3nodding

@cbc: Heh. How observant of you.

Heh heh heh.

ninja  
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 12:13 pm
Sin - thank god. <3 I'd been missing you, darling. -cling- ;___;

Niphz
Crew

Princess Rhode
Crew

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 3:44 pm

NIPHY//
D;
I'm sorry.

How've you been lately? o:
We haven't talked much.

B&B//
I have a friend named Bei Ge.
So for a moment, I thought you meant that we'd all be her.
>____>;;

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 4:00 pm
Overwhelmed by work. Missed lunch and tea today to write a stupid essay, and now it's midnight and I'm still working. ;___; I guess I should've done more on the weekend.. but parents had family friends round, couldn't really do anything. xP

Et toi? <3

Niphz
Crew

Minielf

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 7:20 pm
cold_blooded_chick
PoT yaoi...?

But they're just kids! gonk

Most of the characters in it (apart from Ryoma and a few others) look more like adults than teenagers. ninja Look at Tezuka: I swear he looks like he's in his mid twenties even though he's only 15. Yaoi is acceptable I guess if the two chosen male characters don't look like chibis.

@Niph: Got an essay due huh? I've had the same experience in the last two weeks...four darn bloody essays due within several days of each other. Thankfully I managed to put my spare time during the weekends to good use and managed to complete them without working past midnight. On the downside though, I've had to lug around a ton of books from home to uni, and my bag's falling apart at the seems due to the load I put into it every day.  
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 12:16 am
Two things: underage stuff and incest... gonk  

cold_blooded_chick

IxianMace

Interstellar Seeker

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 3:43 am
Chibito7
@Ixian: I watched that video years and years ago! Loved it, really cracked me up. 3nodding And I'm not really in the mood for debating, but... we won't be bred out of existence. Not yet. It'll take hundreds of years for that to happen.

3nodding

Sigh... I wish I got here earlier. But you know what they say. "Better late than never." Right? It seems all the interesting topics have already been done and dusted and people aren't really interested in digging up old discussion. I can understand that. I really don't want to make a whole new thread just to make my one post.

As for not being in the mood for debating; I guess people are already busy enough. Coming home or getting up to serious discussion probably isn't most people's idea of unwinding. Though I'd like to point out that in 'serious discussion' I'm mostly only interested in exploring other people's ideas and viewpoints and why they think that way; as opposed to proving one opinion's validity over another. I've never really been one for small talk though. Most of the things the active guild members are talking about here in their casual chatter I mostly know nothing about or have little interest in. So it's a bit hard to get things going when I don't have much in common to talk about. Maybe I am a bit too old or confrontational for this place?

But thanks anyway Chibito7. I appreciate your response.

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 11:27 am
Ixi - Darling, just join in. We're not exclusive people; and we're not.. y'know.. uncaring about the big issues, either. I actually think it's a wonderful thing that we have people willing to have serious discussion, but.. balance it out, y'know? All work and no play... ;P

In other news: I will definitely set up the Olympic thread this weekend, since it will be almost exactly three months until they start (:

Niphz
Crew

cold_blooded_chick

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 3:20 am
And where did we settle to put the thread?  
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 9:31 am
IxianMace
Chibito7

3nodding

Sigh... I wish I got here earlier. But you know what they say. "Better late than never." Right? It seems all the interesting topics have already been done and dusted and people aren't really interested in digging up old discussion. I can understand that. I really don't want to make a whole new thread just to make my one post.

As for not being in the mood for debating; I guess people are already busy enough. Coming home or getting up to serious discussion probably isn't most people's idea of unwinding. Though I'd like to point out that in 'serious discussion' I'm mostly only interested in exploring other people's ideas and viewpoints and why they think that way; as opposed to proving one opinion's validity over another. I've never really been one for small talk though. Most of the things the active guild members are talking about here in their casual chatter I mostly know nothing about or have little interest in. So it's a bit hard to get things going when I don't have much in common to talk about. Maybe I am a bit too old or confrontational for this place?

But thanks anyway Chibito7. I appreciate your response.

... o.o

Nyah?

*pat* M'dear, what Niph said. mrgreen

I wasn't um, saying you couldn't post your opinion or anything. I was just saying I swore I said that phrase a while back, and it was relevent this time round too. And on the topic of serious topics of conversation, we don't get many of those in the Chatterbox - that, and if we do, they die out before the page ends. xd Nyah, the Chatterbox isn't the best place for serious discussion, methinks.

As for being in the mood for debating; I apologise if I gave you the impression I am against such things in general. Heck no, I like my discussions and debates (though not in a confrontational kind of way, and sometimes I get scared of arguing against certain people xd ), but recently, I've been bogged down with work (as Niph, sin and Mini have been discussing), and... yesterday, I was in the worst possible mood ever. I don't think I've felt that low in a long, long time. I wasn't just depressed, I felt utterly hopeless, and my god, I am never hopeless. Actually, I didn't write that post yesterday, but the day before was a similar issue, but not quite so severe.

Anyway, sorry about that. I swear, when you catch me on days which don't involve hectic revision and mock exams, and stuff that generally raises my blood pressure to a ridiculously high level, I will have a nice long debate with you. 3nodding mrgreen Right now, with my second history mock tomorrow and two proper exams next Friday, I feel like I'm about to collapse.

Oh, and guys - I'll be swearing off Gaia as of this Friday, so... you won't be seeing me around until 2nd June. I won't even be lurking! ninja

Good luck to everyone doing exams. 4laugh

Oh, and @Mini: Haha. They do look like adults. When I read 'middle school' near the beginning, I was like o.o and thought they'd translated it totally wrong. rofl

@Sin: rofl Ahahaha.  

Chibito7

IxianMace

Interstellar Seeker

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 1:41 pm
Niphz
...just join in.

I'm trying... xp

@Chibito7 - I wouldn't expect anyone to put a discussion over the Internet before their health and studies. It's really no problem. I thought people may have been busy. Though lack of interest did cross my mind as well.

But as I've already said, I don't know much about the things that are being talked about here in a casual sense; so the best I can do to 'join in' would be to nod, smile, and pretend like I know what you're all talking about. : )

With all that aside, I like to keep personal matters offline. I have plenty to keep me occupied myself.

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 9:18 am
Lol, well... often, not everyone knows what we're talking about. Sometimes, neither do I! Lots of personal conversations that cannot be understood without the context flitter across the Chatterbox. *points at Niph and sin's convo* xd But if that's the case, then yeah, nod and smile, we all do that. Or not post at all, which is not something I encourage, of course. mrgreen Just bring up a topic of convo you want to talk about if you want. =)

I think it's wise you keep your personal life separate. I myself tend to merge the two a lot, because when my RL catches up to me, it tends to be that telling RL people will only exacerbate the the problem, of it's because they are the core of the problem that I cannot confide in them. Therefore, online friends I find are much more helpful and supportive in that sense. So, I personally like to personalise everything I do on the Internet, with closer friends, anyway. sweatdrop Might be foolish of me, but that's me for you.  

Chibito7

Princess Rhode
Crew

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 1:59 am

Ixian:;
But simply smiling and nodding is boring.
D:

You could always ask what we're talking about, or simply switch the topic.
o:

B&B:;
I fail to see how you cannot understand the conversation between Niphy and myself.

I find that my real life and my online life intertwine, but not all that much.
Though I agree with you; online friends are much more supportive and helpful.

Which reminds me.

Niphy, you must re - send me your address.
I'm bored and may send you a letter.
P:

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 612 613 614 615 616 617 ... 793 794 795 796 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games