Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
::Grill 13 Restaurant:: NEW Pictures on the Menu! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 613 614 615 616 617 618 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:19 pm

You know me. This is actually a pretty damn good year for the PSP. There's so many good games for it coming out this year. Like 5+ of them are JRPGs, but still, they're good ones, including the remake of Persona. Then there's Assassin's Creed, Little Big Planet, Resistance, Parasite Eve 3, Dissidia FF... Silent Hill, of course. This is THE year for owning a PSP.
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:23 pm

Damn. Looks like its bouncing back. Maybe I should look into owning one. I have no idea where my DS is anyway.

Mr. Kennedy

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:38 pm

Well, in the summer, they'll be releasing the PSP-4000, which will have a totally new design, and no UMD drive. I'm assuming by then, all the games will be available for download. You might wanna hold out until that model comes out, because it seems promising.
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:05 pm

Ah. No drive? Sounds good to me. But at the same time sounds kinda annoying. Like what if my buddies have games or somethin.

Mr. Kennedy

King of Paradise

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:39 pm

B...Boring? Blasphemy! GTFO! Ha ha just kidding. Everyone has their opinions. I also enjoyed his hilarious commentary lol.

@Mr. Kennedy: Yes, I did. I don't know what's more unbelievable. That amount of blood in a body, or the same with the Johnny Depp scene in A Nightmare on Elm Street. Plus, everything about Evil Dead III: Army of Darkness is hilarious.

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart...YOU GOT THAT!?!?
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:16 pm

Haha, I actually feel about the exact same way that Bio does with the original Evil Dead. Not so much that it was boring... but that it was much more entertaining with Bruce Campbell commentary.

And Deadite, I see your point on the Evil Dead 2 thing. Before I found out about the whole rights issue, I though it was pretty much a remake of the first one. Army of Darkness does a much more effective recap. But that doesn't change the fact that I like ED2 best and ED1 least.

Thee Stranger

MadamTarantula

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:25 pm

Biohazard EXTREME
I found Evil Dead 1 to be a bit boring, to be honest. The real candy comes when you watch it with Bruce Campbell's commentary.

SH for the Wii? Well, it wouldn't surprise me if they just ported the arcade version, which is, yes, a rail shooter.

What I'm more excited for is the remake of Silent Hill 1 for the PSP, which has also been confirmed.

The Silent Hill game for the Wii is a "reimagining" of the first:

Article
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:40 pm

It is pretty entertaining.

I just love the part where he says "And another one bites the dust" in a stoic yet hilarious fashion.

Also, if I can find it in myself to look past the whole recap thing, I would probably end up tying the Evil Dead II and Evil Dead III in the second spot, because I really do enjoy it after the recap part. In fact, the entire laughing scene in part II is my favorite scene in the entire trilogy. It's really hard to pull something off that's genuinely hilarious and intensely disturbing at the same time.

Yeah, I heard about that reimagining. Don't care. I sold off Silent Hill 2 already. I just cant get into it. Bah, hum bug.

King of Paradise

Mr. Kennedy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:46 pm

The "reimagining" instead of a remake smells like a on-rails shooter. But they said the game "watches" you and you can get through most doors so it really does just sound like a reimagining. Well, I look forward to more info then.

Gah man, Silent Hill 2 is what got me into it.
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:09 pm

While me and my husband were out today, we dropped by our local gamestore and guess what we bought! 4laugh

User Image

It may not have it's case, and it had scratches, but I tried it out and it works like a charm. heart

MadamTarantula

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:20 pm

Yeah, I guess I'm not too worried about the loss of the UMD drive because I already have a PSP, and plan to get the new model while keeping the current one. But I know how you feel. Though I think it more applies to bigger consoles, which I still prefer discs for.
But I gotta admit, having games on the PSP memory stick is awesome. So convenient.

Well, I don't have a Wii and don't care much for it. If they're gonna re-imagine SH on the Wii, let them. But they damn well better still make the PSP version. Because if this project takes Konami's attention away from the PSP remake, then my Anti-Nintendo gland is gonna get that much bigger.
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:46 pm

Marvel vs. Capcom!? Well, hot damn! Lucky! And on the Dreamcast.
I recently saw number two on the xbox for 60 bucks. I couldn't believe it.

Memory stick games? Like put in the UMD and you can transfer it to the stick or what?

Yeah, something seems fishy about two remakes of SH.

Mr. Kennedy

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:56 pm

No, you just download the game. But it has some DRM... I just don't know for sure how it works. But basically, the game you buy and download, can only be played on your registered PSP. But you can still keep all the games you download on a separate hard drive and just copy them over to the memory stick if/when you want. I have about 10 or so downloaded PSP games, that I keep on my PS3 hard drive and just copy them over from there when I want them on my memory stick.
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:05 pm

Eff DRM, ruined my music collection.
Nah, but really that sounds pretty cool. Now the PSP accesses the web through WiFi or what to download the games? Because I ain't got no PS3.

Mr. Kennedy

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:13 pm

Yeah, I'm against DRM for music. Games are a different story. A bit more tolerable. But for consoles, I prefer discs.

But yeah, at first it was just through the PS3, but they've enabled the game downloads through the computer. And some through the PSP itself. But the PSP's wireless adapter isn't the best, so downloads take longer on the PSP itself.

But like I said, without a PS3, the fastest way is to download it on your computer and just transfer it to the PSP, which is pretty much just drag and drop.
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 613 614 615 616 617 618 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games