Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
::Grill 13 Restaurant:: NEW Pictures on the Menu! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 614 615 616 617 618 619 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mr. Kennedy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:17 pm
Hope discs don't go out of fashion so soon.

Ah gotcha. Alrighty then, sounds good to me. I'll definetly look into the PSP-4000, thanks Bio.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:27 pm
Well, as much as I prefer disc based games over the downloadable games, I'd take downloadable games over that "OnLive" crap any day.
I mean, I'm Russian, and even I'm against that level of communism. You buy a game, and then you stream it... You don't actually own the game. Your internet is bad, you're SOL.
I tell you one thing, I am NEVER streaming a game, and if this OnLive thing somehow monopolizes console games, then I'll never play games... New games I mean. Period. I am NOT buying a game that I have to stream. Never.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Mr. Kennedy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:30 pm
That OnLive thing ******** terrified me when I saw it. Like you said, I won't feel like I own the game.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:12 pm
Yeah, so I'm never investing in that. Of course, by the time if fully flourishes (if it ever does, which I hope not) I'll probably be too busy to play games anyway.  

Biohazard EXTREME

MadamTarantula

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:34 am
Mr. Kennedy
Hope discs don't go out of fashion so soon.

Ah gotcha. Alrighty then, sounds good to me. I'll definetly look into the PSP-4000, thanks Bio.

Same here, but hard drives are the future. At least when it comes to movies.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:56 am
Hell no. I want my movies in HD with special features, which means 25 - 50 gigs of memory, a.k.a. a Blu-Ray Disc. I'm not gonna buy zillion terabyte hard drives just to store my movies on.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Thee Stranger

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:36 am
@Deadite: ED2 is really where all the gold is for me. The laughing furniture, that whole part where his hand attacks him and he has to cut it off, etc.

@Angela: Marvel VS Capcom, nice! xd I still own them both for Dreamcast. There are rumors of an HD Remix of Marvel VS Capcom 2. Here's hoping!

@Bio:
Nintendo > Sony
Nintendo DS > PSP

And speaking of downloadable games... has anybody played Flower on the PS3? It's like the quintessential hippy game. It's actually kind of soothing and relaxing in parts.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:56 pm
Well, I prefer Sony. Quite frankly as far as poster boys go, Mario is played out, and I'd prefer Kratos.

And... DS > PSP... By what Criteria, exactly?  

Biohazard EXTREME

Thee Stranger

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:08 pm
Well, that's cool. But poster boys are a rather shallow thing to judge by, don't you think? If it's all about image, then I guess I'm a Microsoft fan. But since we are on the topic, perhaps the reason Mario is played out is because he's been around a helluva lot longer than Kratos. That's longevity right there. Not to mention quality. Mario revolutionized the 2D platforming game, and for all intents and purposes, Mario 64 revolutionized the 3D platforming game. Then you got your Zelda's, your Metroid's, Star Fox's, the list goes on and on. Shigeru Miyamoto, dude. Gunpei Yokoi; the guy who created the frikkin' handheld game as we know it. Who's been innovating, and taking risks, and trying new things? Not Sony.

And before Kratos, what did Sony have? Parappa the Rapper. And this is the same company that dogs on Nintendo for being 'kiddie'? God of War is pretty much a super-slick version of Rygar. Don't get me wrong, they're good games; I like them both, but it's not enough to make me a Sony fanboy. And most all of Playstation's killer apps are from third-party developers. The only reason I own a PS3 is because of MGS4. The only reason I own a PSP is because of Dracula X (a remake of an awesome, rare-a** game for the Turbografx) and Metal Gear. No games that Sony puts out themselves are selling me on their systems, and the opposite can be said about Nintendo.

I don't like a lot Sony's business practices, most of their fanboys piss me off, and I love how they constantly dog on Nintendo, but then they turn around steal their ideas (motion control on the sixaxis, anyone?).

DS > PSP by the standard that DS has a much better library of games. And yes, I do own them both. There's also the fact that PSP has a bunch of needless features that I have no use for, that rack up its price tag, like the movie player. I also like the touch screen. It's made for some pretty fun and unique games. There's a reason why Nintendo has always dominated the handheld market.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:28 pm
Metroid and Star Fox are overrated. Star Fox 64 was the bomb, but after that, it kinda lost my interest. Zelda's still cool, but the N64 games still reign supreme, and nothing since then had the magic.
As for Mario, I retain my opinion. He's played out. Yes, he revolutionized, blah blah blah. You know, it's one thing to acknowledge something for things that it revolutionized, and it's another to worship it years and years later.
I mean, again, back to Survival Horror. Alone in the Dark revolutionized horror games, but people hardly consider it the best horror game around.

Before Kratos, Sony still had Jak & Daxter, and before that, they had Gabe Logan of Syphon Filter.

And yes, people buy Nintendo systems because of their games, but how many of those people actually bother checking whether the games are worth buying? I mean, if it's got Mario or Zelda in the title, they just buy it without thinking. That's fanboyism at its worst. You say Sony has a lot of Fanboys? Look at Nintendo.

Frankly, I don't care for the touch screen at all. In fact, touching the screen only pulls away from the immersion of the game. I'd rather have as little interference with the screen as possible, this includes my finger/stylus. Sure, there's some unique games, but that really doesn't matter to me. PSP has some great games, and for me to enjoy a game, it doesn't have to be like, pretentiously innovative or some crap like that.
Call me traditional, but frankly, I'd be happy if Survival Horror games til the end of time had pre-rendered backgrounds and tank controls. JRPGs would have random encounters, turn-based fights, world maps, etc.

Although.... That's mind boggling, really... The gaming industry is always obsessed with innovation, but they're still fixated on old characters like Mario and Pac Man. Yes, Mario was important, back in the day. But today, I want a little more than one dimensional characters with little to no storyline and character development.

See, you focus on what revolutionized a genre, I focus on what perfected it.
Like, Mario revolutionized 3D platformers, but frankly, even boing back to N64, games like Banjo Kazooie, were better than Mario 64. The gameplay was better, the storyline was better, the graphics were better, and it still had plenty of charm.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Thee Stranger

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:49 pm
Oh, no the ******** you didn't! xd I will agree on Star Fox 64 being the best of the bunch, but the original was good too. The last few Star Fox games (particularly the Namco one) have been a little lackluster. But all of the Metorids have been good. They are not overrated. So that's all I got to say on that.

Mario is their mascot, dude. What do you want?

I am not worshiping anything. I respect the history. And when you compare what Nintendo has given to the industry in contrast to what Sony has given to the industry, Nintendo wins by a landslide. I'm sorry that I'm more inclined to give a higher amount of respect to originality, innovation and pioneering over simply retreading old ground well. Know the history. Respect the ******** Syphon Filter.

Dude... you're telling me you didn't buy MGS4 just the title? I did. Because I knew it was going to be a quality game. And look at that, it was. The same goes for Mario and Zelda. I have yet to play a bad Mario or Zelda game. There are certain things you know will be quality going in. If it's coming from Hideo Kojima or Shigeru Miyamoto, it's going to be a good game. Simple as that.

Well, that's your opinion. But how many DS games have you even played? Be honest. Pretentious? I don't think so. If anyone's pretentious, it's Sony. Nintendo has a lot of fanboys, yes. But in my personal experience, I find the Sony fanboys to be the most annoying.
I would also be happy if Survival Horror games had static backgrounds and tank controls until the end of time. I don't see what this has to do with anything...

Dude, you don't play Mario games for storyline and character development. Storyline is not intrinsic to a quality game; the gameplay is. If you can combine both, that's great, but Mario games are just good fun.

Banjo Kazooie came years after Mario 64. Of course it was going to look and play better. Mario was a launch game. The same thing goes for AitD VS RE. Yes, RE was a better game. But it came four years after AitD, so it damn well better have been a better game. And there are still some little things where the original AitD shines over the original RE (better puzzles).  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:11 pm
I'm gonna go ahead and throw myself into the middle of this, effectively having all eyes on me, starting a huge war and then just letting s**t brew.
Okay...I'm not really serious, just making myself look like a jackass, because I have done that in the past. stressed

PS. All of this is one big opinion from me, so, don't jump my a** for it, or try to get into a huge debate.

Anyway,

Nintendo, is all honesty, and from a personal opinion, seems to focus more on Gameplay.

While Sony, derives more on Graphics and Story.

Mario has been around for awhile, and is just a mascot. But you don't play the games for a story. Each Mario game is just, well, just a game to play for fun. No competitiveness. No overly complex story that take multiple sequels to get all the answers.

Before I continue, ******** you Stranger (j/k). Syphon Filter was actually a fun game with an alright storyline. Kinda disappointed they switched to PSP. Anyway, that's besides the point.

Sony, their games focus on Graphics and storyline. There's nothing I can really add. Except, I don't rightly know who the true Mascot for Sony is. As the don't focus one one of few game series, unlike Nintendo, which has had the same 3 Mascots for years, Mario, Zelda and Metroid.
Anyway, before I go off on my ramblings, no matter what, they both beat the Xbox's mascot. ******** Master Chief. Worst. Mascot. EVER!

Quite frankly, neither game system if better. The DS is good in it's way, as is the PSP. To put it simply, arguing about which one is better, is pretty stupid, to me, atleast. As you two are focusing more on gameplay, and games, when you should be focusing on the technological aspects to truly determine, which one is better.  

Elliot Salem

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:23 pm
Thee Stranger
Oh, no the ******** you didn't! xd I will agree on Star Fox 64 being the best of the bunch, but the original was good too. The last few Star Fox games (particularly the Namco one) have been a little lackluster. But all of the Metorids have been good. They are not overrated. So that's all I got to say on that.

Metroid's a fine game. But it's pretty much just another first person shooter now. The only thing Metroid has that other FPS games don't is the ability to curl into a ball and roll around.

Thee Stranger

I am not worshiping anything. I respect the history. And when you compare what Nintendo has given to the industry in contrast to what Sony has given to the industry, Nintendo wins by a landslide. I'm sorry that I'm more inclined to give a higher amount of respect to originality, innovation and pioneering over simply retreading old ground well. Know the history. Respect the history.

Don't lecture me on history. I took gaming history in school. I know it, I respect it. But I have my opinion, and frankly, I think there are better platformers out there than Mario games, on other consoles. Ratchet and Clank is my favorite platformer right now. It's got great mechanics, great graphics, hilarious dialogue and a continuity. Mario games lack the latter two.

Thee Stranger

Fair game. But Syphon Filter is an awesome series. Have you played through it? Or have you even beaten a single SF game at all?

Thee Stranger

Dude... you're telling me you didn't buy MGS4 just the title? I did. Because I knew it was going to be a quality game. And look at that, it was. The same goes for Mario and Zelda. I have yet to play a bad Mario or Zelda game. There are certain things you know will be quality going in. If it's coming from Hideo Kojima or Shigeru Miyamoto, it's going to be a good game. Simple as that.

I didn't buy MGS4 because of just the title. I was following the title sing MGS1, what I wanted out of MGS4 more than anything is the storyline. One of MGS's biggest features is it's deeply woven storyline. And that's what I wanted out of MGS4, because I already know the characters, what happened to them, and I wanted to know how it would all conclude.
You beat a Zelda game, or a Mario game, that's pretty much it. It's not like you're playing a Mario game, and it leaves you on a big cliffhanger, and you say, "Man, I can't wait for the next one."
Sure it's fun. But my point is, MGS4 I bought because it has a storyline I was following.
Look at Final Fantasy for example. Each one is separate. All of them are quality games. But frankly, I haven't liked a Final Fantasy game since IX. I wasn't that impressed with X, X-2, XI is an MMO, XII kinda sucked, etc. etc. But it doesn't matter because they're all set in practically different universes.
I might get FFXIII, I might not. But I'm not gonna buy it just because of the title.

Thee Stranger

Well, that's your opinion. But how many DS games have you even played? Be honest. Pretentious? I don't think so. If anyone's pretentious, it's Sony. Nintendo has a lot of fanboys, yes. But in my personal experience, I find the Sony fanboys to be the most annoying.
I would also be happy if Survival Horror games had static backgrounds and tank controls until the end of time. I don't see what this has to do with anything...

I've played a few. And honestly, even games like New Super Mario Bros., yes it was fun for like, half an hour. After that, I was like, "Okay, I'm over it."
And if that's something you want our of your handheld game, that's fine.
I prefer something a bit more serious, and sure, DS has its share. But frankly, I'm not hearing too many good things about them. Like Assassin's Creed: Altair's Chronicles, I heard was pretty crappy.
The only thing the DS has going for it is many good JRPGs, but then the PSP isn't lacking in those either. Then you add things like God of War, Metal Gear, Syphon Filter, Ratchet and Clank, Dracula X Chornicles, Dead Hear Fred... There's a LOT of great PSP games, that people overlook, and I don't understand why.

Thee Stranger

Dude, you don't play Mario games for storyline and character development. Storyline is not intrinsic to a quality game; the gameplay is. If you can combine both, that's great, but Mario games are just good fun.

Sure, gameplay is the most important part of a game. But if I could choose between two games one being a Mario game which has good gameplay and graphics, and another like Jak & Daxter, which ALSO has great graphics and gameplay, but also has a good storyline to boot. Why shouldn't I pick the one with the good storyline?

Thee Stranger

Banjo Kazooie came years after Mario 64. Of course it was going to look and play better. Mario was a launch game. The same thing goes for AitD VS RE. Yes, RE was a better game. But it came four years after AitD, so it damn well better have been a better game. And there are still some little things where the original AitD shines over the original RE (better puzzles).

You just proved my point right there!
With games lie Alone in the Dark, it revolutionized... Practically CREATED the Survival Horror genre, but people remember RE, because it looked better, and was simply a better game.

So why is it, that Mario 64 gets so much praise for revolutionizing the 3D platformer, as opposed to games like Banjo Kazooie, which came later, but was better?

Frankly, if someone said, "What's the ONE platformer on the N64 that everyone MUST own?" I'd say Banjo Kazooie. With Conker's Bad Fur Day as the second. And if you're interested in sequels, I'd even say Banjo Tooie before I'd say Mario 64.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:00 pm
Roght now it's the weekends so I won't post as much.  

Alkaizer87

King of Paradise

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:54 am
I would like to join this argument, but I wont...Too lazeh.

Anyways, the reason I came here was to announce who is going to play the new Freddy Kruger. Don't give me that Robert Englund is the only one bullshit, cause many people can make Freddy their own, just as he did. I mean, if he came second people would complain that the first person who played Freddy was the only one, so...Just enjoy the fact that there's going to be another movie. Anyways, ha ha, the new Freddy Kruger will be played by: Jackie Earle Haley, a.k.a. Rorschach, a.k.a. That foul mouthed biker kid from the Bad News Bears movies, a.k.a. RONNIE FROM LITTLE CHILDREN. If you're wondering why I capitalized that last part, it's because that's the role/movie that makes me happy that he is going to be the new Freddy. Here's to hoping that he can blow the s**t out of Robbie's Freddy! Cause damn am I'm tired of hearing that Robert is the only one...I want to be Freddy one day! gonk  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 614 615 616 617 618 619 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games