Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
::Grill 13 Restaurant:: NEW Pictures on the Menu! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 616 617 618 619 620 621 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:00 am
Well, they were creatures who looked semi human, with bat wings, fangs, and they sucked blood out of people. So yes.

Obviously the comic wasn't canon. But I'm sure Capcom thought it was a great idea.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:05 am
@ Angela: That's the only thing I could imagine. And yes, just as Mr. Kennedy said, it makes zero sense. And what the hell is he going to be fighting? And yeah, it is going to be for the RE4 Leon fanboy/girls. It wouldn't surprise me if they make Leon the main frikkin' character from here on in. And is Claire gonna get her own side-story? Probably not. What they should do is take out the Leon thing, and put in Code Veronica or something. I'm not so sure I'm even going to bother with Darkside Chronicles until it comes down really cheap.

@ Bio: Well, you made a big mistake buying the Wii just for one Capcom rail-shooter game. And you knew it was going to be a rail-shooter going in. And this is Capcom we're talking about here, they are known to disappoint. The Wii has plenty of other good games, most of them being released in its first year (the year you owned one), you're just not open minded enough to expand your horizons.

Yeah, but... you pretty much are. You're telling me Ratchet & Clank wouldn't be as good of a game without its sex jokes, etc. And Ratchet & Clank is a decent game, but it's not any better than Mario Galaxy. God of War, God of War. You know what God of War is? An overrated, overblown Rygar rip-off. But I guess God of War is so much better because it's bloodier and it has an M-rating as opposed to Rygar's T-rating. Well let me tell you something, that doesn't make a game. And no, it isn't needed. Did all the violence in God of War really convey Kratos's rage to me, or did I just find it fun to violently rip people apart? Hmm... yeah, it was just fun to rip people apart. It would still be a decent game even if it wasn't as violent. And you know what? Blood is fine for God of War. Sex jokes are fine for Ratchet & Clank. Mario doesn't need it, and Mario isn't any less of a game because it doesn't have it. I'd take Mario over your God of War any day, and I'm an adult. And you see all this hype surrounding God of War III now? Let's see if it lives up to it. Betcha it won't. But you're going to buy it anyway, aren't you?

Well then, at least they get a good game out of the deal. Stupid parents are stupid parents, it's not Mario's fault. My parents let me play all the bloody, gory games my little heart desired as a kid. And guess what, I still played Mario, because they were fun games.

Fair enough. I don't see what the big deal about God of War is, and yes I've played them (and I doubt you've played any of the new Mario's, you're just judging books by their covers). I don't see what the big deal about Ratchet & Clank is, and I don't see what the big deal about Syphon Filter is.  

Thee Stranger

Alkaizer87

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:08 am
*looks at his book, and then loks up.* I'm sorry that's too long for me. I'll just go ahead and look at my homework lieka good boy. I don't want to be behind....*goes back to reading, showing no interesting in what they say. Is this really Alkaizer?*  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:47 am
@Stranger: I have a feeling they're going to do that as well. After beating 5, I don't know if I'm going to play the next one, especially if Leon is becoming the main focus. 5 gave some closure (eventhough it was half-assed), so I'm not sure I'll care about the story anymore.  

MadamTarantula

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:18 am
Thee Stranger
@ Bio: Well, you made a big mistake buying the Wii just for one Capcom rail-shooter game. And you knew it was going to be a rail-shooter going in. And this is Capcom we're talking about here, they are known to disappoint. The Wii has plenty of other good games, most of them being released in its first year (the year you owned one), you're just not open minded enough to expand your horizons.

Yeah, but... you pretty much are. You're telling me Ratchet & Clank wouldn't be as good of a game without its sex jokes, etc. And Ratchet & Clank is a decent game, but it's not any better than Mario Galaxy. God of War, God of War. You know what God of War is? An overrated, overblown Rygar rip-off. But I guess God of War is so much better because it's bloodier and it has an M-rating as opposed to Rygar's T-rating. Well let me tell you something, that doesn't make a game. And no, it isn't needed. Did all the violence in God of War really convey Kratos's rage to me, or did I just find it fun to violently rip people apart? Hmm... yeah, it was just fun to rip people apart. It would still be a decent game even if it wasn't as violent. And you know what? Blood is fine for God of War. Sex jokes are fine for Ratchet & Clank. Mario doesn't need it, and Mario isn't any less of a game because it doesn't have it. I'd take Mario over your God of War any day, and I'm an adult. And you see all this hype surrounding God of War III now? Let's see if it lives up to it. Betcha it won't. But you're going to buy it anyway, aren't you?

Well then, at least they get a good game out of the deal. Stupid parents are stupid parents, it's not Mario's fault. My parents let me play all the bloody, gory games my little heart desired as a kid. And guess what, I still played Mario, because they were fun games.

Fair enough. I don't see what the big deal about God of War is, and yes I've played them (and I doubt you've played any of the new Mario's, you're just judging books by their covers). I don't see what the big deal about Ratchet & Clank is, and I don't see what the big deal about Syphon Filter is.

Well, up until UC came out, Capcom has only really disappointed me once, and that was with RE4. And at the time, I still had faith in the franchise. And yes, it was a mistake on my part, and yes I've learned from it. And don't give me that open minded crap. I've had enough of that from people saying I'm not open minded because I don't like RE4. I'm plenty open minded, I play games from all genres, I simply don't care much for Wii's motion controls. It's a gimmick, as far as I'm concerned, and I'm just fine with a simple controller.

You say that just because Mario doesn't have violence, it isn't less of a game than God of War, and I agree with you... But I say Mario isn't MORE of a game just because it lacks the violence. And if God of War is overrated and Overblown, then so is Mario. Because God of War (any of them) has always been a polished game, with great gameplay, great graphics, a solid storyline, great music, amazing presentation, so what's so overrated about that?
And yes, I will buy God of War 3, but it won't be because of the title. It's because God of War, like MGS, like so many other games I play, has an ongoing canon, and I really want to know how the storyline turns out.

Umm... Yes, they buy Mario, and they get a great game. But you have no idea how many said stupid parents also buy games like M&M's Kart Racing. Hey, I was the same way as a kid. But look, we're leaving the point here. Yes, violence doesn't make a game better... But I don't see how it makes a game worse either. Let's say games like God of War doesn't NEED the violence... But does the violence make it a WORSE game? No, it doesn't. It's there, it's justified. It is what it is. And if someone buys it only BECAUSE of the violence, well then, that person is an idiot. And I'm not speaking for them.

And again, man, that's your opinion. You don't see the big deal about GoW, or Syphon Filter, or Ratchet and Clank.
I don't see the big deal about Mario or Metroid, etc. And just because those franchises have been around a lot longer, doesn't give them more credibility than newer franchises. How is Metroid, a first person shooter, better than... Say... Resistance.... Which is also another first person shooter? How is one better than the other?
And again, with Mario... Stellar platformer... But then Ratchet and Clank is also a stellar platformer? Is Mario automatically better because the character has been around longer? I really don't think so.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:23 am
@Bio: Lol, I think when you say people don't even look into Mario and Zelda games, and they just buy it because it IS a Mario and Zelda, your looking at it from a kiddie perspective. I am a huge ******** Zelda nut, k. You should know that by now. But I for one didn't go "Holy s**t, a new Zelda game! I gots to have it!" for Link's crossbow training. I didn't buy it just because Link was stamped on the package. Hell, I didn't buy it at all. And also, you don't see me owning any of the Mario sports and party games. And hell, you'd think I would, cuz us fans are so like that. We buy Mario and Zelda s**t without thinking.

@Thee Stranger: My parents let me play all the bloody games when I was a kid too, and you don't see me any less excited when I hear about a new Mario game as well, that, let me remind you Bio, I take time to do research about to see whether or not it's the type of game I would want, and not buy senselessly.

Biohazard EXTREME
The Not So Evil Deadite
I would like to join this argument, but I wont...Too lazeh.

Anyways, the reason I came here was to announce who is going to play the new Freddy Kruger. Don't give me that Robert Englund is the only one bullshit, cause many people can make Freddy their own, just as he did. I mean, if he came second people would complain that the first person who played Freddy was the only one, so...Just enjoy the fact that there's going to be another movie. Anyways, ha ha, the new Freddy Kruger will be played by: Jackie Earle Haley, a.k.a. Rorschach, a.k.a. That foul mouthed biker kid from the Bad News Bears movies, a.k.a. RONNIE FROM LITTLE CHILDREN. If you're wondering why I capitalized that last part, it's because that's the role/movie that makes me happy that he is going to be the new Freddy. Here's to hoping that he can blow the s**t out of Robbie's Freddy! Cause damn am I'm tired of hearing that Robert is the only one...I want to be Freddy one day! gonk

Fine. if you're gonna be like that. Fine. Robert Englund isn't the only Freddy.... And Bruce Campbell isn't the only Ash. I wanna be Ash one day!

God dammit. I knew you were going to bring up the whole Bruce Campbell isn't the only Ash argument. You're missing my point entirely.

By the way, that last part of mine was a joke. But anyways...

As you know, I am both an Ash/Bruce and Freddy/Robert nut. Now, what these actors did with the characters was portray them as how they were in the script. Yes, I'm sorry to say, but being the film nut that I am, I have indeed read the scripts for the both The Evil Dead I and II and A Nightmare on Elm Street (And a few of it's sequels), and saw that what these actors did was barely tread away from the established and only a few times strayed and improvised. What I'm basically telling you is that, these actors played CHARACTERS that I have grown to love so much that I've come to respect the actors who portrayed them. But, since people like to tout that these actors made the characters "their own", I can't help but wince at the fact of how wrong they are. They truly did play the characters great, and in a sense, have come to truly represent what they are all about, but the same can be done with ANY OTHER ACTOR. It's just the fact that these specific actors (Bruce and Robert) came first that people have a strong attachment to them and won't allow the chance for other actors to come and really make it their own, since what these new talents would hopefully strive to do is to create a different version then that of the original actors who portrayed the characters. THAT is why I say Robert is not the only one. And yes Biohazard EXTREME, I will say the same for the only man I'd get gay with LMFAO. rofl

Highlander is wrong. "There can only be one!" my a**.  

King of Paradise

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:06 pm
Okay... So... By saying that, are you placing yourself with every single Nintendo fanboy out there? I mean, okay, you don't buy a Zelda game just because of the Zelda title, but are you a sheep like the majority of consumers out there? Because that's the people I'm talking about.

I'm a Silent Hill nut, and going back to where this conversation began, I'm not gonna buy a Wii, just for the remake of Silent Hill.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:22 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Okay... So... By saying that, are you placing yourself with every single Nintendo fanboy out there? I mean, okay, you don't buy a Zelda game just because of the Zelda title, but are you a sheep like the majority of consumers out there? Because that's the people I'm talking about.

I'm a Silent Hill nut, and going back to where this conversation began, I'm not gonna buy a Wii, just for the remake of Silent Hill.

If getting excited for hearing about a new Zelda game and then doing extensive research about whether or not I SHOULD be excited for it makes me a sheep, then yes I am. Like I said, I believe most adults are smart enough to do research on the game before buying it, like how you're doing research on God of War 3 before buying it...Or are you? Are you one of Kratos' sheep? I'm pretty sure it's only unaware kiddies or unknowing parent that go about buying s**t without giving it much thought other then DO WANT. For parents, it's because of the familiarity and content that they buy for their children without giving much thought about entertainment for themselves and just their kids.  

King of Paradise

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:30 pm
I AM doing research. But you'd be surprised.... People come by, saying things like, "I wanna buy Fallout 3" or "I wanna buy Gears of War 2" or whatever... So I'm ringing it up, and they say, "Have you heard anything about this game? Is it any good?" And I'm talking about 20 year olds, like, people my age, etc.
True gamers. True gamers do their research. But just because a person plays games, doesn't make them a gamer. I'm sure majority of people our age play games. I'm also sure that majority of people our age aren't gamers.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:28 pm
*sigh* Am I gonna have to separate you two? Look, no game franchise is the greatest, no game system is the greatest, no game can ever truely be rated as best ever.

Know why? It's all relative. Everyone has their own opinion and gaming tastes, that doesn;t make 'em any more or less of a gamer. Or human being, or whatever. I've stayed out this convo long enough.

Can it, if you wanna continue the hate fest, take to email or IM, please. You're offending a lot of gamer's here, myself included.  

Javanomicron

Mr. Kennedy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:22 pm
I like Mario and Gamecube Metroid series... But enough about this, yeah.

Lemme see if I can start another fight:
Who is going to see the Dragon Ball movie this week? Personally it looks like a massacre of the series I grew up on, but I have to see it.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:19 pm
Im guessing you wanna see it just to see how bad it is...? That's the only reason I can think of for even wanting to see it.  

Vankala

Mr. Kennedy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:22 pm
Yeah. Going to spend 9 dollars just to see how low Hollywood is going to take it.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:26 pm
Dragonball Evolution is going to be like the new Street Fighter movie: So bad it's bad. But I will admit: With Stephen Chow on board, the fighting might not be that bad. In fact, it could be really good. Be it that that is probably the only redeeming feature of the film, I will check it out when it hit's the cheap seats.  

King of Paradise

Vankala

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:26 pm
Or you can spend the $9 on something that's possibly good. "Knowing" is pretty good. You should that instead. razz But yea, Hollywood's gone pretty low with this movie i read a review on it and it got a .5/5, lol. I can pull it up real quick if you want.  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 616 617 618 619 620 621 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games