Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lyndria

Back to Guilds

This Guild is dedicated to hardcore fantasy and sci-fi Roleplayers alike! Enjoy! 

Tags: Roleplaying, RPing, Fantasy, Sci-fi, Literate 

Reply Archive
Lyndria RP Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 93 94 95 96 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

kroska
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:33 pm
Sagor blinked at the attack on his mind. Although without hesitation he back handed the man's sword. He was kneeling so his groan area was farther back then if he were standing. The giant looked to the human with a sharp grin and electric eyes, "Those things don't work on giants, we're to stupid to listen." A sharp chuckle echoed from his throat again.

With a quick thrust upward with his free hand he punched the rather low ceiling (for him anyway). Heavy rocks descended toward Marten. There was a slight bend to the giant arm to for quick movement after punching.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:02 pm
Marten felt his sword penetrating deep into the giants hand, even as he the crushing force colided with his chest ((sorry mate, you can't completely stop my attack like that, its not fair)). As he flew backwards, he let the blade slip and tucked himself into a ball, rolling painfully to a stop at the bed of sand. He would have a few broken ribs at least. He raised his hands against the rocks, angleing them away from himself toward the remnants of his woodpile, as he got gingerly to his feet. He smiled, he had found the giants weakness. "I'm through mingling words anyways," he said, reaching once again into the torrent of magic. With a jerk of his head he felt his own thoughts penetrate the mind of the giant, battering aside his own conciousness and hammering at his willpower. If the book was correct, giants were driven almost purely by whims, so controling their thoughts was as simple as flipping a switch, though the spell had some nasty side effects. By entering anothers mind the victim's own experiences left an imprint in the casters personality for a short time, until the mind could once again establish inhibitions against it. If he could just overpower the giants motor controls he would be in business.  

Gredar

[Faelan]
Captain

850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:18 pm
Karasu turned to watch Seg as she heard his bellows and shouts. As he called upon her with determination and valor, she felt his image somehow endearing. Even in his human form, his words held aptitude and sincerity. She found his naive optimism somewhat cute, and smirked to herself. Getting to her feet, she regained her look of assurance and glared at the spiraling blackness before her. It was then that she heard Sagor's voice from behind it. It was faint, but steady enough to decipher. Karasu angrily dug her claws into the earth once more.

~Let us tear down this accursed barrier,~ she spoke telepathically to Seg, her voice low and hell bent.

Sagor's words cut like a dagger into Yousei's chest, as she heard them. Though they were not directed at her, she felt their sting as though they had been. Gripping her blade tightly, she stepped forth before catching herself. She had to think this thoroughly through. Sagor was not someone whom you could simply charge in blindly and fight. She thought about her approach for a moment, before coming to a realization. Light from Marten's spells reflected on her ivory skin as she thought quietly to herself...

Obviously, if he had been resurrected, it was through way of magical means. More specifically, black magic. And because he had acquired his dark abilities through the same malignant source, it was bound to have already taken hold of him to some extent.
Yousei released her blade and felt over a few of her many pockets until she came across the correct one. She carefully pulled a scroll from the compartment, and held it out before her, whispering a prayer as she did this. Immediately, the print on the scroll began to emit a soft blue flourescence and not a moment after, a beam of Holy water shot forth, aimed directly for Sagor.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 8:12 am
Sagor looked to Martin as he tried to get into his mind again and stabbed his left hand, "Grr, how annoying. You want to see whats in here go ahead!" Flashes of hell, slain children, disintegrated cities and obliterated armies shot through his mind. Madness, chaos, rage, blind sadism where the wild emotions that constantly churned in Sagor's head. Soon enough Martin would be able to control some of his movements none the less.

Although things were cut short as a white beam his Sagor's chest. His eyes grew wide as all of his nerves shot through him unimaginable pain and all of his muscles stiffed to stone. A shockwave of colliding energies shot forth from the white light battling it's negative counterpart. Like getting his with a train Sagor flew back into the darkness. A deep agonizing yell of rage and pain echoed through the cave.  

kroska
Vice Captain

Mitsuharu Saito

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 10:09 am
With Ju-Hades trapped between Marten's binding spell and his own darkhole spell, he watch in amusement. Yousei could do nothing but stand there as her friends tried to fight off Sagor, and nobody really bother for Kraid. He sat on the ground, enjoy the spectacle of Sagor beating down the short man.

He glanced over at Seg for a moment in his dragon form. He knew he was a former ally of theirs, and he could be of some use now. There was a reason why he was the Brother-Leader's pet. He took out a whistle from his robes and blew it. It was a dragon whistle, one that would stop any dragon in their tracks and gain their full attention to them.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 10:13 am
Marten shuddered under the images of horror from Sagor's mind, but held firm. Life as an urchin had hardened him somewhat to this: beatings from the city guard, watching a group of drunken men rape and beat a prostitute and hearing the screams, other urchins lieing dead and bloated from starvation. He staggered backwards for a second, before retaliating with a few memories of his own: the hopelessness of looking at a mansion from the inside of a dumpster where he had made his home, the extream boredom of the monastary, the monotony of desert life, memories designed to reduce his perception of his strength... hopefully enough to break his will. As Yousei's holy water struck Sagor, he felt the pain break the final layers of defense. Marten let go of his own body and took complete control of Sagor.

He felt a powerful sensation coursing through his veins; pure strength pulsed across his torso and through his arms and legs. His eyes still stung, but his vision was mostly unaffected. His chest burned like the fires of hell, which he had felt in his memories. With a roar he lifted himself up and began to smash his way foreward back towards the battle, ignoring the cowering heads of the remaining dragons ducking back into the smaller side tunnels. Reaching the battle, he attempted to speak like Sagor. "Waste of time elf. The powers that brought me back are stronger than your water." He charged, full speed, towards Ju-Hades portal to the abyss. With a loud cry he crashed into and through the barrier, dissapearing into the blackness. ((Note: they're not dead, they're just trapped until they find their way out. I assumed that the reason Marten would have died in the void was to hunger, and since both Kraid and Sagor are undead that isn't a problem. Oh yea, Mitsu, please don't just spit them out. Be creative, you have to escape now.))

As he broke the connection to Sagor's mind, Marten struggled to shake off the powerful influence of his twisted personality. Maby there was a reason for the three pages of warning before the mind control spell. Twisting around he collapsed to his knees on the bed. "Give it up, priest. Your friends are dead, and there are still four of us with more on the way. If you surrender now we won't kill you." A loud roar from behind signaled that at least one dragon had witnessed Sagor's death, and soon the survivors would come out to see what was left. Marten smiled. Life was exciting again.

((Personal note: I feel a little guilty for just ending the battle like that, makes me feel like I made Marten too powerful. For future refrence, Marten was successful because he exploited a great weakness in Sagor; he was very powerful in body but weak in mind. I won't do it again, partly because its no fun to do the same thing more than once but mostly because I expect Kraid or Sagor will put in better wards in the future *hint hint*.))  

Gredar

Raniak

750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 11:18 am
(btw Mitsu Seg is in human form at the moment, supercharged with dragon souls. But still a dragon at heart so I guess it works.)

Seg was about to swing his flaming sword at Ju-Hades before the whistle sound filled his ears. Skidding to a halt he clenched his head trying to block it out.
"Aaaagh! Make it stop! Darn it!" Seg didn't move any closer to Ju-hades just stood there trying to resist the whistle. The power coursing through his body being just enough for the moment to keep him from obeying...but also immobilizing him.

(Gredar I think you kinda went a little too wild with that scene, you can't just end things like that confused )  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 11:59 am
((Maby you're right, I'll edit it to leave Kraid behind. Kroska has already told me he didn't intend for Sagor to survive this though, so he goes for now.))  

Gredar

Mitsuharu Saito

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 12:22 pm
The priest eyes flickered as his barrier had been destroyed, but wasn't truly surprised. He wasn't here to kill everyone. All he wanted was the elf-girl, Yousei. The Brother-Leader needed her, and her alone.

Ju-Hades smirk returned as Seg stood still. He opened his mouth, speaking dragontongue. "Turn to your dragon body, Seg. Obey my command in the name of the Brother-Leader. Now..."He cackled as he said the word that will make him obey his every command. "DRAGONFIRE!"  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 12:53 pm
(Before I answer that Mitsu, this cave is too small for dragon form =p)  

Raniak

750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Gredar

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 2:12 pm
Marten staggered under the weight of Sagors memories. In the moment, when he had something specific to do, he had been fine; but now that things had calmed he was struggling. Images poured through his mind as he fought to close the connection between their minds. A small voice began to speak in the back of his head, not sinister but not friendly either. 'Six years... six years and what do you have to show for it? Six years and all you have is the sword.' He felt the voice indicate a patch of blood on the ground, where his sword was slightly covered by a patch of dust. He picked it up absentmindedly. Somewhere he heard Ju-Hades speaking to someone... he couldn't remember who. The images, now of burning churches, kept pouring through his mind. 'What do you have?' the voice repeated. "I have my friends" he mumbled, "Emilee and Miles, and after beating Sagor the others will trust me." 'Ahh, but what do you really have?' the voice asked again. 'You have yourself, and only yourself, with few resources outside your magic.' The voice made Marten feel queazy, it didn't seem malevolent but it seemed very self-centered. The word 'DRAGONFIRE!', however, brought him to his senses. "Yousei, we have to get out of here," he said, climbing to his feet and wincing. Grabbing her by the shoulders, he led her in a painful run past Seg. His ribs were screaming at him, one of his organs, he didn't know which, had probably been stabbed by them. Reaching Karasu, he turned and slapped her on the neck. He didn't know whether Ju-Hades whistle would affect her like it had Seg, since she wasn't the target. "KARASU, TAKE FLIGHT!"  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 2:42 pm
Kraid watched as Marten took off towards Karasu, chuckeling to himself. "The giant is gone now," He smirked, turning back to Ju-Hades. "We can finally continue moving without any stupid stops" He added, making his way towards the cave exit. He ignored the group as he strode past, heading once again to the heart of the dragon lands.  

[Z_]
Vice Captain

Aged Noob

8,175 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Invisibility 100

[Faelan]
Captain

850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 7:51 pm
A direct hit! Yousei's heart leapt as her spell made contact. After the spell had indeed made contact, however, the light which it emitted was extinguished, and once again, she was enveloped by shadow. Marten had seemed to be making an effort to control Sagor, and now, by the sound of it, he had. She then heard some peculiar clamor obviously caused by something large and eventually, silence, soon followed by the sound of vehement arguing. Finally, a brilliant light shone forth, and Marten's voice echoed through the darkness. Before her eyes could adjust to the light, she was being led through the cavern to be re-acquainted with the outside world. As she saw him running toward Karasu to mount her, she immediately did the same.

Karasu looked over at Seg in shock, as he was suddenly writhing. She turned back toward the cavern, glaring angrily at the abyssmal vortex before her, and inhaled deeply. Just as she was about to release a powerful flame upon the portal, it shattered before her and Marten and Yousei came running out of the cave. She held her breath until she received a slap on the neck from Marten. At which point, she coughed and released it before glaring angrily back at him. She then beat her mighty wings against the ground and took to the air in one swift motion.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 8:25 pm
Marten swung onto Karasu's back behind Yousei and gripped her around the waist... wait, why was he doing that? 'What do you have? What do you want?' The voice sounded in the back of his head. 'Why don't you?' Marten shook his head to try to clear it, still hanging onto Yousei's waist, as Karasu took off. "Sorry about slapping you" Marten addressed Karasu. "Ju-Hades used a dragon whistle on Seg and I didn't know if it would affect you." He coughed and saw blood appear on Yousei's back. He swore, releasing one of his hands and placing it on his own chest. One of his ribs had now apparently pierced his lungs. He hadn't noticed as much earlier, when he had had to fight Sagor and then run, but his whole chest now burned almost as badly as Sagor's had after being struck with holy water. "I think Sagor broke most of my ribs, we'll need to set down somewhere nearby so I can patch them up." He hoped he wouldn't pass out, the pain was incredible. After a quick muttered spell he managed to heal his lungs, but something in his abdomen was flaring up worse with every beat of Karasu's wings. He moved his grip to Yousei's shoulders, leaning tightly against her for support. 'What do you want? Why don't you? Why does he deserve it and you don't?' The voice droned on, whispering in his ear things he refused to acknowledge.  

Gredar

[Faelan]
Captain

850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 9:28 pm
Karasu nodded silently. She realized that that must have been what had caused Seg to behave so strangely before. The image of him writhing flashed through her mind once more and she quickly shook her head to dispose of it. Her stern draconic optics were fixated on the bittersweet sky before her.

The events which had just taken place swam through Yousei's head. The darkness of the cavern had held so many questions unanswered. Did Sagor die in that tunnel..? Why was he there anyhow? I know he must have been resurrected, but who would have done that..? Kraid never really seemed to like Sagor, and that priest-- Her thoughts were interrupted by the feeling of hands on her hips followed by a warm sensation on her back. She had heard Marten's cough, and knew that it must have been blood. As she felt his hands on her shoulders, she looked back at him and noted his palid expression. "Are you all right?" she asked him, concerned.

Archive

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 93 94 95 96 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games