Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
::Grill 13 Restaurant:: NEW Pictures on the Menu! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 618 619 620 621 622 623 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

King of Paradise

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:56 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRCXHHpWpp4

Muppets, Resident Evil style! Enjoy!

@Bio: Something in the sentence "I don't care what none of you say" just doesn't sound right. I kid. But yeah Xenomina, this is the Grill. This is were they're allowed to have arguments like this, so...

The original Street Fighter IS (not was) awesome. So bad it's good! But this DBE is looking to be so bad it's bad.

What else do I want?

Eh hem.

1. A proper telling of the Dragon Ball story.
2. The inclusion of characters that actually EXIST in the manga.
3. I DON'T want some baby faced white boy playing Goku.
4. Although Piccolo looks decent, I want Goku, Bulma, and Master Roshi to look like they do in the manga! At least in Street Fighter the actors looked like the characters!
5. An epic and LONG end battle...Which we aren't going to get! Yippee!
6. The action and special FX might be O.K., but I rather have Stephen Chow had full control of that aspect.
7. For this movie not to exist altogether!
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:20 pm

That was ******** epic. eek

1. I haven't heard what the story is about but I know alotta fans are disappointed that it's a strange distorted story.
2. New characters in the film? Okay gotcha.
3. Hey, Goku was always a cheerful guy, this loser kid kinda fits him ya know? Just gotta get him buffer and more badass.
4. Piccolo looks okay... Bulma had blue hair. I dunno about that. But the adorable Emmy Rossum is playing her so all is well with me. And Master Roshi is a shame. But Chow Yun-Fat will redeem the character, watch.
5. Yeah, 5 minute ending battle? That's gonna suck.

Mr. Kennedy

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:50 pm

Umm... So you want Bulma to have green hair? You want Master Roshi to have a giant beard?
And you want it to be exactly like the Manga? Proper telling of the story?

Man, that's like... Get over it. If you want something that follows the events of the manga, watch the cartoon. The movie is an adaptation. An adaptation means they had to adapt it to the media.
I mean, that's like those people who say they want Resident Evil movies to follow the exact events of the games. It won't work.

And yes, the final battle... We ARE talking about a movie here. Dragon Ball as a show, is a long running series of half hour episodes.

I mean, imagine they made a movie of Dragon Ball Z, where Goku fights Frieza... Now, in the show, the whole fight with Frieza lasted over 30 episodes. I have it on DVD, there was a whole season dedicated to the fight with Frieza. That's just not doable in a feature film.

In fact, a 5 minute fight is generous. Most fights in fight-related movies either last only 2 minutes, or they last longer, but during the fight, they switch back and forth between the fight itself, and something that happens to someone else.

And hey, if you don't want this movie to exist, don't watch it. It's that simple!
I didn't want Resident Evil Degeneration to exist. So I ignored it.
As much as I bash on RE5, I haven't said s**t about Degeneration in the longest time. It's that simple. If you hate the idea of this movie that much, ignore it.

I'm a big Dragon Ball fan, and I'll watch this movie for what it is. I'm not gonna take it too seriously or complain that it's not Manga canon, blah blah blah. No, it's not Manga Canon. Doesn't mean it can't be enjoyed for what it is. A fun action movie based on the basic mythology of the source material.

Oh, and those who complain about Goku being white. Seriously, who cares? Goku... Is an ALIEN. He could have a caucasian face. I mean... It's not like you watch the anime, or read the manga saying, "Gee, Goku looks very asian in this."

But the bottom line is, if you hate the idea of this movie that much, don't see it.
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:31 am

The Not So Evil Deadite
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRCXHHpWpp4

Muppets, Resident Evil style! Enjoy!

@Bio: Something in the sentence "I don't care what none of you say" just doesn't sound right. I kid. But yeah Xenomina, this is the Grill. This is were they're allowed to have arguments like this, so...

The original Street Fighter IS (not was) awesome. So bad it's good! But this DBE is looking to be so bad it's bad.

What else do I want?

Eh hem.

1. A proper telling of the Dragon Ball story.
2. The inclusion of characters that actually EXIST in the manga.
3. I DON'T want some baby faced white boy playing Goku.
4. Although Piccolo looks decent, I want Goku, Bulma, and Master Roshi to look like they do in the manga! At least in Street Fighter the actors looked like the characters!
5. An epic and LONG end battle...Which we aren't going to get! Yippee!
6. The action and special FX might be O.K., but I rather have Stephen Chow had full control of that aspect.
7. For this movie not to exist altogether!

Another 5 minute battle, which took over 20 episodes to finish? No thanks.

MadamTarantula

King of Paradise

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:35 am

Biohazard EXTREME
Umm... So you want Bulma to have green hair? You want Master Roshi to have a giant beard?
And you want it to be exactly like the Manga? Proper telling of the story?

Man, that's like... Get over it. If you want something that follows the events of the manga, watch the cartoon. The movie is an adaptation. An adaptation means they had to adapt it to the media.
I mean, that's like those people who say they want Resident Evil movies to follow the exact events of the games. It won't work.

You just don't get how important a movie adaption is, do you? If a movie about a manga is going to be made, it should be made to generalize with the fans, and not the mass public unaware of the God damn manga. I mean hell, since they don't even know what it will be about, why can't they just stick to the source material since the mass public will not notice any changes made anyway? Now, back on to why a movie adaption should be GOOD. First off, if there's going to be a movie adaption of a beloved franchise, you're going to be spending money to go see it. Then, if you like it, you're going to probably be spending money for paraphernalia and the DVD when it comes out. That's a lot of money that could be dedicated to one movie. But since the movie is going to be shitty, they aren't going to be getting any of that money, since no one will want to buy paraphernalia and the DVD. Do you get it now? And plus, what's so God damn hard with sticking to the TRUE source material

And yes, the final battle... We ARE talking about a movie here. Dragon Ball as a show, is a long running series of half hour episodes.

I mean, imagine they made a movie of Dragon Ball Z, where Goku fights Frieza... Now, in the show, the whole fight with Frieza lasted over 30 episodes. I have it on DVD, there was a whole season dedicated to the fight with Frieza. That's just not doable in a feature film.

In fact, a 5 minute fight is generous. Most fights in fight-related movies either last only 2 minutes, or they last longer, but during the fight, they switch back and forth between the fight itself, and something that happens to someone else.

5 minutes is generous? ******** no! They can make the final fight longer! What movies have you've been watching to see the battles last only 2 minutes? Watch every Bruce Lee and Sonny Chiba film, and then get back to me on that. Look at it this way Bio. The movie is going to be dedicated about Goku trying to do his best to stop the evil Piccolo. And then when it gets to the part where they're supposed to do battle, it lasts for five minutes, and that's it. How ******** disappointing will that be? It's like the ending to Monty Python and the Holy Grail (But that was HILARIOUS! Lmao).

And hey, if you don't want this movie to exist, don't watch it. It's that simple!
I didn't want Resident Evil Degeneration to exist. So I ignored it.
As much as I bash on RE5, I haven't said s**t about Degeneration in the longest time. It's that simple. If you hate the idea of this movie that much, ignore it.

Ok, Mr. Hypocrite. I'll stop saying s**t about this movie is you stop talking smack about RE5. I mean, you had your long a** share to be allowed to bash something, and I want my share to bash something that pisses me off. I could ignore it, but then again, you could have ignored RE5, since you knew it was going to piss you off so...but you didn't, did you?

I'm a big Dragon Ball fan, and I'll watch this movie for what it is. I'm not gonna take it too seriously or complain that it's not Manga canon, blah blah blah. No, it's not Manga Canon. Doesn't mean it can't be enjoyed for what it is. A fun action movie based on the basic mythology of the source material.

I'm a big Dragonball fan too, and I'm going to hate on this for what it is: A lame adaption of a cherished manga blah blah blah, and I should take it seriously because it's way more important then any damn fan fiction.

Oh, and those who complain about Goku being white. Seriously, who cares? Goku... Is an ALIEN. He could have a caucasian face. I mean... It's not like you watch the anime, or read the manga saying, "Gee, Goku looks very asian in this."

I said baby faced white BOY. Yes, Justin looks like a little b***h. Get someone more fit and built to play the supposedly 18 year old Goku.

But the bottom line is, if you hate the idea of this movie that much, don't see it.

I can hate something and still watch it, can't I? I mean, you can hate something and rip on it...And if you truly hated something, YOU probably wouldn't take the time to even discuss it, so...We're both hypocrites in that matter.
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:59 pm

Well, first of all... You haven't even seen the movie yet, so how can you say that it's shitty?
Second... Umm... I thought I made myself pretty clear... What's so hard about staying true to the source material? Well, how about the fact that there's too damn much story there to tell? This movie is 85 minutes long. That's less than 1 and a half hours. That's nothing.
If you wanted to stay true to the source material, then the movie would be 75% someone talking and telling the full story, 25% final battle. Nothing else.
But generally speaking a movie should actually have... You know... Something HAPPEN in it, some dialogue maybe, some fight scenes, not just someone narrating about these things. It's impossible to tell the Dragonball story in one movie without drastically altering it.

Believe me, dude. If the movie is well paced, 5 minutes can go a long, long way. Now, I didn't really time it, but I'm pretty sure that the final battle in the first Mortal Kombat movie wasn't more than 5 minutes, if you don't count the conversation and the preparation. But it still felt nice and long.

I DID ignore RE5. I never played it, and I don't want to. I can't help it if certain information happens to leak into my brain. But if I go see Dragonball and enjoy it, I'm not gonna come here spilling every little detail for you, so don't worry.
I haven't heard nearly as much about Degeneration as I have about RE5, so I don't complain about degeneration.
I'll do my best to avoid the impending train wreck of a "Darkside Chronicles" and if I'm successful, then I won't have much to say about that either.
But the information about the crappiness of RE5 is already in my brain, I can't really do anything about it.
I'll tell you one thing though, I'm not gonna go to a Dragonball forum to complain about RE5.

No, it's really not that important. A story can be told in a video game, a novel, a movie, a TV show, a cartoon, a comic book, whatever. This is just another medium adaptation of Dragonball. It's no more important that if there was a crappy Dragonball novel, just don't read it.

Umm... So you're telling me... That despite how much you already hate Dragonball Evolution, you're still gonna go see it? Because dude... that's just stupid.

I never watched Degeneration, I never played RE5, and if I could, I'd UNplay RE4. I don't expose myself to things I hate. And I only complain about what I know. I'm sure there's a whole lot to RE5 that I don't know of, but would hate if I did. But I don't. I don't know anything about Excella aside from her stupid name, so I really have nothing to say about her. I'm sure I'd hate her and half the characters in RE5 if I knew anything about them, but I'm not gonna expose myself to it.

So yeah... If you hate the idea of Dragonball Evolution that much, don't watch it. It's that simple.
And if you do go see it, you're not a hypocrite, you're a masochist. Either that, or you're going to see it just so that you have more 'material' to complain about. Spare everyone the trouble. If you don't like it, don't bother with it.

Biohazard EXTREME

King of Paradise

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:13 pm

Biohazard EXTREME
Well, first of all... You haven't even seen the movie yet, so how can you say that it's shitty?

You've never played RE5 (And if you have played even a little bit of it, then all your arguments from the past are made fallible, making you a huge hypocrite). How can you tell it's shitty? Same way, same way.

Second... Umm... I thought I made myself pretty clear... What's so hard about staying true to the source material? Well, how about the fact that there's too damn much story there to tell? This movie is 85 minutes long. That's less than 1 and a half hours. That's nothing.
If you wanted to stay true to the source material, then the movie would be 75% someone talking and telling the full story, 25% final battle. Nothing else.

But generally speaking a movie should actually have... You know... Something HAPPEN in it, some dialogue maybe, some fight scenes, not just someone narrating about these things. It's impossible to tell the Dragonball story in one movie without drastically altering it.

I can deal with them leaving out certain details, but the fact that they ADDED s**t that doesn't belong is what pisses me off...

Believe me, dude. If the movie is well paced, 5 minutes can go a long, long way. Now, I didn't really time it, but I'm pretty sure that the final battle in the first Mortal Kombat movie wasn't more than 5 minutes, if you don't count the conversation and the preparation. But it still felt nice and long.

It was 9 minutes from the beginning. If I count the first battle, it would be 13 minutes. That's a nice amount of time. No WONDER it felt like it went a long, long way. Much better then a quickie letdown that is DBE's final battle (As reported).

I DID ignore RE5. I never played it, and I don't want to. I can't help it if certain information happens to leak into my brain. But if I go see Dragonball and enjoy it, I'm not gonna come here spilling every little detail for you, so don't worry.
I haven't heard nearly as much about Degeneration as I have about RE5, so I don't complain about degeneration.
I'll do my best to avoid the impending train wreck of a "Darkside Chronicles" and if I'm successful, then I won't have much to say about that either.
But the information about the crappiness of RE5 is already in my brain, I can't really do anything about it.
I'll tell you one thing though, I'm not gonna go to a Dragonball forum to complain about RE5.

Yes, but the fact that you haven't played RE5 and are bitching about allows me to do the same with Dragonball...No? And you did not ignore it. If you really wanted to, Bio, you could have let yourself stop reading or watching anything related to it. Can't help it my a**. And also, so what if I'm complaining about it here? I didn't bring it up in the first place, and even if I did, can I not argue about it here anyways?

No, it's really not that important. A story can be told in a video game, a novel, a movie, a TV show, a cartoon, a comic book, whatever. This is just another medium adaptation of Dragonball. It's no more important that if there was a crappy Dragonball novel, just don't read it.

YES IT IS IMPORTANT! MONEY! ******** MONEY! I COULD BE SPENDING ******** MONEY FOR THIS FLICK! I CAN BE SPENDING MONEY FOR s**t RELATED TO THIS FLICK! I COULD BE SPENDING MONEY TO GO TO CONVENTIONS FOR THIS s**t! DO YOU GET IT YET? DO YOU GET WHY A MOVIE IS A MUCH MORE IMPORTANT MEDIUM! JUST AS MUCH AS THE T.V. SHOW WAS AN IMPORTANT ADAPTION AS WELL? YOU SHOULD KNOW. YOU OWN THE GOD DAMN SEASON WITH FRIEZA. THAT COST HARD EARNED MONEY. A BOOK, COSTS 10 BUCKS AND THAT'S IT.

Umm... So you're telling me... That despite how much you already hate Dragonball Evolution, you're still gonna go see it? Because dude... that's just stupid.

I never watched Degeneration, I never played RE5, and if I could, I'd UNplay RE4. I don't expose myself to things I hate. And I only complain about what I know. I'm sure there's a whole lot to RE5 that I don't know of, but would hate if I did. But I don't. I don't know anything about Excella aside from her stupid name, so I really have nothing to say about her. I'm sure I'd hate her and half the characters in RE5 if I knew anything about them, but I'm not gonna expose myself to it.

So yeah... If you hate the idea of Dragonball Evolution that much, don't watch it. It's that simple.
And if you do go see it, you're not a hypocrite, you're a masochist. Either that, or you're going to see it just so that you have more 'material' to complain about. Spare everyone the trouble. If you don't like it, don't bother with it.

If I went to see the movie, how would there be more material for me to complain about, when I know what to expect. My expectations are so low, that I couldn't get any angrier with it, and might possibly squeeze something good out of it. And Bio, Bio, Bio, you could have spared everyone the trouble of your moaning about Resident Evil 5, but you didn't. You had to drag everyone down, didn't you? Why else did Xenomina b***h you out? Spare everyone my a**. You haven't been sparing people since I've JOINED this guild.

Sorry. I just got really angry at this whole thing. But I need my point to be seen.
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:39 pm

I'm not saying RE5 is a bad game. I'm just saying that I hate it as a purist RE fan. I understand if you're a purist DB fan. But RE5 and DB are two completely different things. See, if we were talking about like... Dragonball GT, and you didn't like it because of how it reflects on the story that came before it, that'd be different, because it follows the same canon as DB and DBZ as we know them.
That's why I don't like RE5, UC, etc.
But the movie is obviously not trying to replace the show, or the manga. It's not trying to be a prequel to Dragonball Z the TV show. It's just a stand alone movie with the same concepts. The same way that RE movies are. And if I hated RE movies, I'd ignore them, and it wouldn't affect the games in the least.

I did. I did stop watching and reading up on RE5. I saw all of 3 trailers for it out of the.. What? 7 that came out? I don't know. And 2 of those trailers I watched just to prove this guy wrong, who basically said, "Watch these trailers and they'll completely turn around the way you think of RE5." Obviously they didn't. And no, I can't ignore stuff that people say in like... Emails to me, or whatever. I can't just anticipate when my friend messages me with, "Hey, wasn't it crazy when this and this happened!?" All I could say was, "Dude, I didn't bother with that game."

Sure, feel free to complain about what you know. But you don't know whether the 5 minute battle at the end was good or not. Maybe it's one of the most intense fights you've ever seen and those 5 minutes are so packed that it doesn't need more. You don't like the way Goku's actor looks, but maybe he did a great performance. You didn't see it.

Right... So you could be spending money on this, this, this, and that... So if you don't like it so much, DON'T BUY IT. Don't invest in it. SAVE some money. What's so bad about that? I know the Dragonball Z is a great show, and I wouldn't have bought the DVDs if it wasn't. You think Dragonball Evolution sucks, so don't invest in it. It's that simple.

You're still missing my point. I'm saying there can be a whole lot more things I could bring up to complain about RE5. I can go rent it right now, play it, and write down every single crappy thing that's wrong with it. But I'm not gonna. That's what I'm sparing people. But I'm not just gonna censor my outrage for what I already happen to know.

Besides... You haven't answered my question... Are you actually gonna go see Dragonball despite how much you already hate it?

Biohazard EXTREME

Mr. Kennedy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:52 pm

If Bio has taught me anything, is you shouldn't hate on adaptations for being so different. Because they are adaptations. I understand some hate for them but...

I dislike the movie already because it looks bad to me. Plain and simple. Does not look like a good adaptation or a good movie.
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:54 pm

And are you going to spend $10+ on seeing it?

Biohazard EXTREME

Mr. Kennedy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:00 pm

Sigh... Yeah. Just incase I'm wrong. There's a part of me that thinks I might enjoy it yeah?
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:04 pm

Okay, but that's still different. Because it sounds to me like you're going to see it with the intention to enjoy it.
You know, "I look to like, if looking liking move."

Biohazard EXTREME

Javanomicron

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:33 pm

No Bio, what I'm saying is when the mere mention of not liking Metroid spurs someone to want to chew another person out, things have already gotten out of hand and need to be drawn to a conclusion before it actually DOES became a flame fest.

Also, am I the only one that's notice that Canas just kinda vanished? O.o
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:37 pm

Wait.... So... I'm not allowed to say that I don't like Metroid?

Biohazard EXTREME

Mr. Kennedy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:43 pm

And can I say that I like it?

Yeah, where has he been?
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 618 619 620 621 622 623 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games