Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
::Grill 13 Restaurant:: NEW Pictures on the Menu! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 627 628 629 630 631 632 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:50 am
Yeah, that's not gonna happen.
Besides, I imagine he gets enough of rabid nerd fanboys making abstract MGS references and saying, "Can you say this and that in the Snake voice?"  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 2:35 pm
David Hayter wrote the script for the first two X-Men movies (you know, the good ones) and the Watchmen movie. Now, there's a man who likes faithful movie adaptations. 3nodding

And I'd be bringing all my Metal Gear games/paraphernalia for him to sign, I don't give a s**t. And I'm sure he'd sit it on your class. He really does seem like a cool dude who's receptive to fans. Hell, he even posts on his own IMDB page. And he's met up with UltraNeko quite a few times, and she's really not that big of a video game reviewer. I'd be sure to tell him I signed his petition for the Metal Gear movie, too. Although I did not go see the Watchemen movie twice as he asked...

David Hayter
So look, this is a note to the fanboys and fangirls. The true believers. Dedicated for life.

The reviews are out — Some outstanding, others rankly dismissive, which can be frustrating for the people involved, (though I can only speak for myself,) because I firmly believe that WATCHMEN, the novel, must be read through more than once to even have the faintest grip on it. And I believe the film is the same.

If the film made you think. Or argue with your friends. If it inspired a debate about the nature of man, or vigilante justice, or the horror of Nixon abolishing term limits. If you laughed at Bowie hanging with Adrian at Studio 54, or the Silhouette kissing that nurse.

Please go see the movie again next weekend.

You have to understand, everyone is watching to see how the film will do in its second week. If you care about movies that have a brain, or balls, (and this film's got both, literally), or true adaptations — And if you're thinking of seeing it again anyway, please go back this weekend, Friday or Saturday night. Demonstrate the power of the fans, because it'll help let the people who pay for these movies know what we'd like to see. Because if it drops off the radar after the first weekend, they will never allow a film like this to be made again.

I’ve seen it twice now, and despite having run the movie in my head thousands of times, my two viewings still don’t’ allow me to view the film with the proper distance or objectivity. Is it Apocalypse Now? Is it Blade Runner? Is it Kubrick, or Starship Troopers? I don’t know yet.

All I know is that I had a pretty amazing experience the two times I’ve seen it. And both viewings produced remarkably different experiences. The point is, I have listened for years, to complaints from true comic book fans, that “not enough movies take the source material seriously.” “Too many movies puss out,” or “They change great stories, just to be commercial.” Well, I f***ing dare you to say any one of those things about this movie.

In the interests of full disclosure, let me also point out that I do not profit one cent from an increase in box office, although an increase in box office can add to the value of the writers’ eventual residual profits from dvd and tv sales.

But I’m not saying it for money. I’m saying it for people like me. I’m saying it for people who love smart, dark entertainment, on a grand, operatic scale. I’m talking to the Snake fans, the Rorschach fans, the people of the Dark Knight
(obviously he's talking about the Frank Miller comic book, not the movie).

Because face it. All this time…You there, with the Smiley-face pin. Admit it.

All this time, you've been waiting for a director who was going to hit you in the face with this story. To just crack you in the jaw, and then bend you over the pool table with this story. With its utterly raw view of the darkest sides of human nature, expressed through its masks of action and beauty and twisted good intentions. Like a fry-basket full of hot grease in the face. Like the Comedian on the Grassy Knoll. I know, I know…

You say you don't like it. You say you've got issues. I get it.

And yet… You'll be thinking about this film, down the road. It'll nag at you. How it was rough and beautiful. How it went where it wanted to go, and you just hung on. How it was thoughtful and hateful and bleak and hilarious. And for Jackie Earle Haley.

Trust me. You'll come back, eventually. Just like Sally.

Might as well make it count for something.

Sorry, Dave...  

Thee Stranger

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 2:56 pm
Just because he appreciates his fans, doesn't mean he doesn't get tired of people saying the same things over and over to him. Especially like, quotes from Metal Gear Awesome, and crap like that.
Screw the MGS paraphernalia, the most valuable thing you could have is a photograph.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 3:07 pm
Autographed MGS paraphernalia + photograph. 3nodding

And I wouldn't be one of those douchebags. I'd just want him to sign my s**t, specifically my original MGS.  

Thee Stranger

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 3:44 pm
Umm... Well, if you're asking him to sign more than one thing AND a picture, that pretty much makes you a douchebag too. A different kind, maybe, but nevertheless. No offense. I mean, at a convention it's one thing, that's why he's there.
But in an acting class, he'd be there to see what my acting coach's students are working on, how they're progressing, and possibly consider for future casting etc. To come in with a big bag of MGS stuff and say, "Sign this, sign this," is not only distracting from the class, or from the man's busy life, but it's disrespectful to everyone there.
And if my acting coach arranges for me to meet with him outside of class, that's even more so. This guy went out of his way to let me meet this actor/writer I look up to, to bring a bunch of fanboy s**t to him is even more disrespectful. A photograph of me and him is all I'd want, and its more valuable than any signed item.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:07 pm
Bio: Wow, way to ruin the moment...

If I had people quoting any of my work (Even repetitively) I would shed a tear. for it would indicate that I got through to people and that they enjoy what I have created...And I would so totally sign any of their s**t at any time...I should just be GRATEFUL that I have any fan base...Just like every lucky bloke living their Hollywood dream should be grateful...  

King of Paradise

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:18 pm
At first, yes. But Hayter has had 10 years of fame through Metal Gear Solid. I'm sure at this point, he's sick of it. Doesn't mean he doesn't appreciate his fans. It just means he doesn't want them there all the time talking about how much they lovezorz MGS, and wanting him to sign stuff.
Look, that's just how it is. It's the truth.
Are you saying that because you're a fan of someone, and have bought and enjoyed their work... That means that they OWE YOU something? That's like, the most selfish fan mentality I've ever heard.
If you ever walk up to a celebrity, ask for an autograph, and he/she says, "Look, I'm SO sick of people always following me, asking me for autographs! No, I won't give you one!" And you hold it against them, and say, "Well, they weren't that nice to me, so I'm not their fan anymore," then you deserved the treatment they gave you.

I had a chance to meet James Purefoy once. He was really nice, I shook his hand, took a picture. He was really cool about it. But I have to admit, I was expecting him to be a jerk. I was. I was expecting him to have something along the lines of, "Well, I appreciate that you're a fan. That's real nice. Kthxbye" attitude. I was wrong, I'm glad I was. But if he HAD been like that, I would not have held it against him.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:56 pm
s**t, here we go again ha ha.

Firstly, 10 years of fame for something is to be appreciated, and not to be grown tired of.

Second, that's not the truth lmao. Going to way more conventions then most (If not all, 'cept one) people I know, I can guarantee you that that is DEFINITELY not the truth.

Third...putting words into my mouth much? I never said they ever owed me anything, I just said they should always be appreciative and accepting to their fans, for without them, they would be nowhere. Nowhere. Metal Gear Solid would never have continued if the first game didn't find any fans, and THAT'S the truth. And in that sense, David wouldn't have to constantly worry about daily fandom ha ha.

Lastly, do you really think that over a long period of time, an actor or actress gets tired of what they have accomplished and dislike having people constantly associate that with them? Wow. You have a dismally inappropriate view on stardom.

Also, I would never hold it against them either. But in the end, when it comes to an actors or actresses swan song in life, they are always appreciative.  

King of Paradise

Thee Stranger

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:08 pm
Meh. I don't care. I guess I'm a douchebag then. Obviously I wouldn't bust that s**t out in class, I'm talking about if a meeting was arranged. After the meeting, and after (or during) the chit-chat, I'd bust out the stuff and be like, "Hey man, could you sign this stuff for me? Thanks.". Not "OMIGOD, OMIGOD, DAVID HAYTER, OH MY GAWD! MGS IS TEH AWESOME! DO SNAKE VOICE!". Trust. I'd have a lot more to talk with him about than that, seeing as I am also a huge comic book fan, movie fan, etc. I believe we are like-minded on many things. And it's not like David Hayter is some HUGE star that can't leave his living room without 50,000 cameras in his face all day, every day, so that the tabloids can document his shitting and farting habits for the world to see. And I'm also not going to grovel at his feet like I'm not worthy, or shouldn't dare risk bothering him by asking him to sign some of my s**t. Because I think he's just a regular dude who is also a fan of things, and that kind of tactic is more douchebaggy if you ask me.

If you're satisfied with just a picture, that's cool. But I really don't think that signing a few things is really going to bother him that much. He does it all the time. Hell, I could mail s**t to that guy right now and he'd sign it for me. He puts his address up there on his IMDB all the time, offering people to send him s**t to sign.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:32 pm
Just because you appreciate something doesn't mean you don't get tired of it. I appreciate my job, it allows me to make money, pay for acting classes, pay off my student loan, and afford me a video game the odd time I'm not broke. But am I tired of it? Hell yes. Yes, it's not as cool of a job as being a voice actor, but I've only been at this for 6 months. I don't know a single person who loves every little aspect about their job. And yes, meeting fans and signing autographs is a part of the job.
You think they're gonna go to a convention and say, "Gee, I'm so sick of you guys. ******** off!" They're obviously not gonna say something like that. They have a sense of public relations. If I did a movie with someone... Let's say, I did a movie with Paris Hilton... Do you think that on interviews or at a convention or whatever, I'm gonna say, "Yeah, I hate that b***h. She's annoying, spoiled, etc. etc." Hell no, I'd probably say something like, "Oh yeah, she's a wonderful girl." It's a part of the job.
Like, if they're doing an interview with a game developer, they always say the best things about their game, and never say things like, "Yeah, this game isn't going as well as we planned. We had to cut out a bunch of things, some of the controls don't respond properly, we're gonna have to eliminate that aspect of it."
It's not gonna happen. People can and can't say certain things, because those things will affect their reputation.

Appreciating your fans doesn't mean you can't get tired of them always dogging you for autographs. And vice versa, if you don't wanna give out autographs, doesn't mean you don't appreciate your fans.

I have a dismally inappropriate view on stardom? You have an overly optimistic one. Do you think actors like Christian Bale or Sean Connery enjoy not being able to go to a drug store to buy NyQuil or something, without having people going, "OMG! You're so and so! I love your movie! Can I have your autograph!?"
And that being the only thing they ever hear from fans? You don't think they get tired of that? Gimme a break.

That's like those people who say, "I'm gonna become a game tester. I'll never get tired of video games."

Thee Stranger
If you're satisfied with just a picture, that's cool. But I really don't think that signing a few things is really going to bother him that much. He does it all the time. Hell, I could mail s**t to that guy right now and he'd sign it for me. He puts his address up there on his IMDB all the time, offering people to send him s**t to sign.

Well, then, that's Hayter. It's awesome, and knowing that I might reconsider my position on this case in particular. But most actors are NOT like that. And yeah, maybe it's because Hayter isn't on that paparazzi level. But still, I'm very careful with celebrities. Because looking at it from the outside, the kinds of things typical fans say to celebrities, and the kinds of attitudes they bring (especially nerds. I don't mean that in a derogatory manner, just in that hardcore, video game fans, comic book fans, sci fi fans, etc), the kinds of things they say, the kinds of attitudes they bring, they annoy the hell out of ME. Like, I WANT a dedicated fanbase, but I honestly can't say that I'd be as tolerant of them outside of conventions.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Thee Stranger

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:49 pm
I know what you're talking about. I saw him at Anime Expo, and everyone who talked to him was a complete douchebag, asked stupid questions, and constantly asked him to say something stupid in the Snake voice. I'm not representative of those touch-holes either. I realize that could get annoying very quickly, because, yes, it annoyed me too. They weren't asking good, worthwhile questions, and they were just being douchenozzles and assholes. But if the guy is going to agree to take time out of his day to meet with you in the first place, I don't think asking him to sign a couple things is going to anger him in the slightest, because it's not like he's going to be at a convention signing s**t and putting up with annoying fanboys all day. And it's not like he's getting stopped on the street everyday, because very few people recognize him. Hell, if I just walked by him on the street, even if I thought it was him, I wouldn't be quite sure, and I wouldn't be sure enough to stop him and ask. Anyway, he's talked about this. He says he doesn't want to be famous, because it's happened to some of his friends, and it's destroyed their lives. But he gets "just enough" fame from MGS, because not everyone knows who he is.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:01 pm
Still.. The way you made it sound, "Bunch of MGS stuff to sign" I imagine like a backpack full. And I'm sure something like that he wouldn't appreciate anyway. I mean, it's one thing to say, "Here, I want this for me, and this one's actually my cousin's, who's also a huge fan. But to say, "Here, can you sign all this stuff for me?" Dumping out every MGS game they put out, etc. That's a bit much, don't you think?

I mean, that's the thing... If he's at a convention, he's there for the fans. But if he actually took the time out of his busy schedule to meet you, you should feel honored that he just decided to do that one thing. He's not getting paid to meet you, you're not a dying boy in a hospital. You're (or I'm) just a fan who happens to know a guy who's knows David. If David visits my class, cool.
If he doesn't and my acting coach says, "Well, I'll do you a favor." and David says, "Well, okay, I'll go meet this guy, if he's a student of yours." And actually takes his time for that... That's a huge gesture in and of itself. And to ask him to sign a bunch of stuff on top of that... That's a bit too much, I think.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Thee Stranger

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:14 pm
4 games, dude. He has to write his name 4 times. Big deal.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:19 pm
Well, even if it doesn't bother David that much, I'd be more concerned about my acting coach. I don't think he'd appreciate it very much if I just brought in a bunch of games for him to sign. Like, "And this one. And this one. And this one."
If I were my acting coach, I'd be thinking, "Oh man, I'm never gonna do another student a favor like this again."
You gotta mind the representatives, too.
My friend was on set of Chole few weeks ago, and he met Liam Neeson, so he said that when he approached Neeson, the director looked pissed.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Thee Stranger

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:22 pm
Haha, well I don't know. Use your best judgment then. In theory, I'd still have him autograph my s**t, because I don't think it would bother him, and I don't think that'd make me an a*****e. Maybe you could just ask for his address, so he could sign something later if you really wanted him too.  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 627 628 629 630 631 632 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games