Welcome to Gaia! ::

Angel Eclipse

Back to Guilds

A unique role playing community! 

Tags: Roleplaying, Fantasy, Adventure, Angel, Eclipse 

Reply Role Playing [Verspya]
Talking while you role play Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 630 631 632 633 634 635 ... 1662 1663 1664 1665 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

KelpMonger
Crew

Friendly Friend

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:11 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.All Hail the Reign of the Ostriches!User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Let it hereby be announced that:
*Yawns*
Fanatic, I'm sorry, but don't I hear you laughing at the 'rape is just surprise sex - Surprise!" joke every once in a while.

Do you find Rape funny?

...that is all

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:11 pm
No, because you are showing no respect for them by making such statements about them and about all women.  

Cecily D Aria
Crew

Versatile Explorer

11,825 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Entrepreneur 150

KelpMonger
Crew

Friendly Friend

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:13 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.All Hail the Reign of the Ostriches!User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
*waits for reply for his statement*

...that is all

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:14 pm
Who ever said it was about all women?
When did I make the statement that every person is the same and that means women?

I never said anything like that

and by saying that making a joke means that I am degrading them is just another form of twisting what I post until it matches what you want it to say  

CactiAndCanaries

Quotable Elocutionist

10,250 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

UkyoKuonji2004
Vice Captain

Feral Kitten

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:15 pm
Then how about something more intelligent?

Dihydrogen monoxide (DHMO) is colorless, odorless, tasteless, and kills uncounted thousands of people every year. Most of these deaths are caused by accidental inhalation of DHMO, but the dangers of dihydrogenmonoxide do not end there. Prolonged exposure to its solid form causes severe tissue damage. Symptoms of DHMO ingestion can include excessive sweating and urination, and possibly a bloated feeling, nausea, vomiting and body electrolyte imbalance. For those who have become dependent, DHMO withdrawal means certain death.

Dihydrogen monoxide is also known as hydric acid, and is the major component of acid rain. It:

* contributes to the "greenhouse effect."
* may cause severe burns.
* contributes to the erosion of our natural landscape.
* accelerates corrosion and rusting of many metals.
* may cause electrical failures and decreased effectiveness of automobile brakes.
* has been found in excised tumors of terminal cancer patients.

CONTAMINATION IS REACHING EPIDEMIC PROPORTIONS!

Quantities of dihydrogen monoxide have been found in almost every stream, lake, and reservoir in America today. But the pollution is global, and the contaminant has even been found in Antarctic ice. In the midwest alone DHMO has caused millions of dollars of property damage.

Despite the danger, dihydrogen monoxide is often used:

* as an industrial solvent and coolant.
* in nuclear power plants.
* in the production of styrofoam.
* as a fire retardant.
* in many forms of cruel animal research.
* in the distribution of pesticides.
* as an additive in certain "junk-foods" and other food products.
* Even after washing, produce remains contaminated by this chemical.
* Companies dump waste DHMO into rivers and the ocean, and nothing can be done to stop them because this practice is still legal. The impact on wildlife is extreme, and we cannot afford to ignore it any longer!

THE HORROR MUST BE STOPPED!

The American government has refused to ban the production, distribution, or use of this damaging chemical due to its "importance to the economic health of this nation." In fact, the navy and other military organizations are conducting experiments with DHMO, and designing multi-billion dollar devices to control and utilize it during warfare situations. Hundreds of military research facilities receive tons of it through a highly sophisticated underground distribution network. Many store large quantities for later use.

IT'S NOT TOO LATE!

Act NOW to prevent further contamination. Find out more about this dangerous chemical. What you don't know CAN hurt you and others throughout the world.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:17 pm
Making light of a horrible thing to help maintain a positive attitude and acting like I believe in an offensive stereotype are two different things.
But I suppose that if I was a rape victim, it would be hard to make light of such things. Then again, pop culture has seemed to have made something of a dichotomy between the hypothetical or metaphorical rape and the actual act, and I do find it funny when people claim a hug as 'rape' for their stupidity.  

Cecily D Aria
Crew

Versatile Explorer

11,825 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Entrepreneur 150

KelpMonger
Crew

Friendly Friend

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:19 pm
Ukyo, I'm not banning water.

=.=
Y'know what, Fanatic, never mind, keep your beliefs. People will still find these things funny while harboring no true sexism, and you will sound extreme to them.

...that is all

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:20 pm
*hides styrofoam*

oh no where was lassie through out this?  

CactiAndCanaries

Quotable Elocutionist

10,250 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Cecily D Aria
Crew

Versatile Explorer

11,825 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:23 pm
Ukyo, I love that one!

Puppet, by making it ambiguous, you apply it to all. 'Women' is ambiguous, just like how you wouldn't be able to tell exactly which ones I am referring to when I say 'Puppies are mean.'

That's fine with me, Estu. Because I don't give a damn what other people think about me, but I do have a problem when they are spreading wrong ideas.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:25 pm
Well Estu, you SHOULD ban it! xd Fanatic and I are banning it, aren't we? xd  

UkyoKuonji2004
Vice Captain

Feral Kitten

CactiAndCanaries

Quotable Elocutionist

10,250 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:25 pm
No fanatic you know what is really happening?

In your head you cant seem to understand that not everyone takes things seriously
Myself included

I laugh at jokes about Latinos and dont go around hating people for asking me the age old joke 'what goes though your mind when you see a mex riding a bike?'

I laugh at jokes about rape
and I will continue to laugh at sexist jokes
because I Dont take them seriously
I dont believe that women are lesser, or that we are all the same

just because you May know people like that gives you no right to catagorize me as the same
if your talking about me being rude by catagorizing people then your just being a hypocrite  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:27 pm
You realize that when people find things funny they spread them
/facepalm

'Tis silly for this to have gone down.
It was a light-hearted joke, and it doesn't matter whther you give a damn what people think about you, because most people making these jokes wouldn't think such things about you - Puppet, for example.
You really are taking this far too seriously. I'm not saying that you're wrong, I'm just saying you're taking this too far.

...that is all

KelpMonger
Crew

Friendly Friend

CactiAndCanaries

Quotable Elocutionist

10,250 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:27 pm
yes ucchan we can ban water and drink cokes instead XD
we already took the first step along time ago XD  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:29 pm
Bad news, puppet. Coke has water in it, lol.  

Durithill the Black Blade

Dapper Gekko

14,450 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Battle: Rogue 100

CactiAndCanaries

Quotable Elocutionist

10,250 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:30 pm
no ill never win XD

XD but it has more sugar so it balances out  
Role Playing [Verspya]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 630 631 632 633 634 635 ... 1662 1663 1664 1665 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games