Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
::Grill 13 Restaurant:: NEW Pictures on the Menu! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 635 636 637 638 639 640 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

King of Paradise

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:51 pm
Sadly, nah. But they did find what I think to be the best possible replacement: Jackie Earle Haley.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:57 pm
Rorschach? I don't know about the actor other than him being Rorschach, and I've never seen Watchmen haha.

Hmm. Well he looks creepy already. xp  

Mr. Kennedy

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:14 pm
The Not So Evil Deadite
I'm a very happy camper.

Does anybody remember Robert Rodriguez and Quentin Tarantino's Grindhouse flick that came out two years ago? If so, does anybody remember the trailer to the fake movie called "Thanksgiving"? Cause if you liked what you saw, Eli Roth is actually going to be turning that into a full length film. ******** yeah! Bring on Machete as well ha ha! (By the way, Quentin's Death Proof is one of my favorite homages of all times)

Also, Bio, I don't know if you like Thomas Dekker as an actor or just for his portrayal as John Connor, but he joined the cast of the new Elm Street remake. He's going to be playing the bad a** rebel kid (The one that was strangled in the original).
Do I like Thomas Dekker? I think I already told you that Thomas Dekker has become my one definitive John Connor. Hell yes, I like him. He's an awesome actor.

If I did go to see the Elm St. remake, it would be more for Dekker and not so much for this Freddy replacement.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:53 pm
I'm all about seeing what Jackie can do with Freddy.

Alas, I was proven wrong. Tonight's episode of South Park was pretty much guffaw free, with a few exceptions to the case (Like the unexpected and bonerfied ending ha ha). Well...s**t.

Yay! My friend is selling me his copy of FFVII! It's been YEARS since I've played it. Now, time to see if I'll still enjoy it...And I think I will. As overrated as it may be, Sephiroth is still a cool villain if you don't glamorize him, and the twisty and confusing plot is still pretty solid. I can't say the graphics will be able to hold up (Come on never coming PS3 remake!), but I hope the game play will be able to. Steampunk settings and Barrett ftw, as well...Now, if only I can get my hands on a copy of VIII, and I'd be set! (Don't really care for IX much).

One thing I must agree with most agitated fans: Modeling heroes and heroines after Cloud is pretty lame. Lightning being a female version of Cloud is a horrid idea...But at least that's the only character that looks to take after such. Hey, at least they didn't remodel every villain to be like Sephiroth! And also, did anyone see FFXIII's playable black guy? LMAO, Barrett's gay afro touting cousin lol.  

King of Paradise

Mr. Kennedy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:58 pm
Well eff. Missed South Park again. Skipped like a whole season.

FFVII. It's been years for me too. I'm sure it's still great. And FFIX amazed me. I loved it. Never got far in VIII.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:05 pm
You guys have a funny sense of timing. I just restarted FFVII yesterday for the first time in over 2 years. (I guess you're just following my trend, huh? cool )

Sephiroth isn't that cool. He's definitely not on top 5 best villains list... Don't know if he'd even be on my top 10. But Sephiroth is by far not what makes the game.
Right now, the biggest thing I'm enjoying about it is the music. Awesome, awesome music.

But as much as I still love the game (after getting over the terribleness of pretty much every spinoff), I'm very much against the remake of it.
Certain games are great because of their perfections AND imperfections, and FF7 is one of them.
If they remake it, the remake won't have HALF the charm the original had.
Not only that, but they'll no doubt use the same animation style they used in Advent Children, and it's ugly. So I hope that remake never happens.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Alkaizer87

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:14 am
I've gotten out of the " Final Fantasy is so Cool!" stage, or at least I haven't played any FF games for a long time. I play Saga Frontier on the Playstation. I love that game...  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:40 am
Biohazard EXTREME
You guys have a funny sense of timing. I just restarted FFVII yesterday for the first time in over 2 years. (I guess you're just following my trend, huh? cool )

Of course! Who else would I follow?

Sephiroth isn't that cool. He's definitely not on top 5 best villains list... Don't know if he'd even be on my top 10. But Sephiroth is by far not what makes the game.

Oh, of course he's not what makes the game. What makes the game for me is the focus of Cloud's warped mind (And Barrett's/Cid's constant cussin' XP). But I still think that if you don't overly praise Sephiroth, he's still pretty badass. I mean, he's a project pissed off at humanity and wants to end all life by crashing a meteor in the planet and sail the cosmos, for the reason of just fulfilling the wish of his dead, alien mommy, related only be genes. What more could you want? I like that he's trying to fulfill the wish of an alien he thinks he has a true connection with. Talk about demented. And really, I LIKE the way he looks. But that's just me.

Right now, the biggest thing I'm enjoying about it is the music. Awesome, awesome music.

Have you heard some of the Black Mages renditions. I geek out whenever I hear their version of Jenova.

But as much as I still love the game (after getting over the terribleness of pretty much every spinoff), I'm very much against the remake of it.
Certain games are great because of their perfections AND imperfections, and FF7 is one of them.
If they remake it, the remake won't have HALF the charm the original had.
Not only that, but they'll no doubt use the same animation style they used in Advent Children, and it's ugly. So I hope that remake never happens.

I can see your point there. But still, even though FFVII's graphics are not imperfection, they're really not pretty to look at (Mostly for character models).

@Alkaizer: When starting FFXII, I haven't played a true FF game in many years, so...I'm just starting to recall how much of a grand series it is, even if many people believe it's quality has diminished through countless spinoffs and sequels.  

King of Paradise

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:38 am
I just think Sephiroth could use a bit of a trim.
But god, what they did to him in the spinoffs is terrible. They made him look like a girl!

Not really. Most of the remixes I listen to are from OCremix.org.
Unless that's where Black Mages post their renditions? I don't really pay attention to most of the artists.

Well, I'd rather look at FFVII graphics as they are on PS1, than the girly men, half dead looking character designs that they ended up with in Advent Children. FFVII started out in the visual style of a full on anime. That's where it should've stayed.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:47 am
Biohazard EXTREME
I just think Sephiroth could use a bit of a trim.
But god, what they did to him in the spinoffs is terrible. They made him look like a girl!

Lol. Perfect for the heroine Lightning ha ha.

Not really. Most of the remixes I listen to are from OCremix.org.
Unless that's where Black Mages post their renditions? I don't really pay attention to most of the artists.

What is that site?

Well, I'd rather look at FFVII graphics as they are on PS1, than the girly men, half dead looking character designs that they ended up with in Advent Children. FFVII started out in the visual style of a full on anime. That's where it should've stayed.

That's what I mean. I wish I could see the visual style from the original game upgraded without the characters looking...Err, dead. That's just wishful thinking, though.

King of Paradise

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:53 am
Wait... Lightning... Who?

www.ocremix.org it's a site full of free video game remixes. Some of them sound just amazing.

Yeah, it is. With over 3 spinoffs, it's clear that Square has finalized their decision to bring FFVII into that visual style. Sadly.
The only way FFVII remake could have the same visual style, but upgraded is if they were to remake it for the DS, which, it seems, they make all their FF games for in that SD style. Hehe, DS, SD.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:04 am
Lightning is the heroine of FFXIII. They designed her with the intention of making a female version of Cloud. So, female Cloud vs. female looking Sephiroth ha ha.

I checked that website out...It's hard to navigate sweatdrop

Oh well. He he, I really feel like watching Advent Children now. But I won't be touching Dirge until I replay the first game. At least the characters in XIII don't look dead. The heroine just looks moody...On the rag, much? Uh oh. *Runs away*  

King of Paradise

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:13 am
Ah. Gee, they're really running out of name ideas. "Lightning used Thunder."

Boo! Advent Children sucks, don't watch it! It's the RE4 of Final Fantasy 7.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:54 am
Biohazard EXTREME
Ah. Gee, they're really running out of name ideas. "Lightning used Thunder."

Actually, I think they named her that to be as CLOSE to Cloud as possible. Clouds generate Lightning bwahaha.

Boo! Advent Children sucks, don't watch it! It's the RE4 of Final Fantasy 7.

But...But I like Advent Children. It does a good job of pulling at all the nostalgia strings. The story with the three Sephy wannabes is lame, but the fact that Sephy himself came back makes me happeh. And the battles are epic! Also, Jenova poisoning the life stream is actually...Believable. She was obviously pissed when she returned to the planet, so what better way to take out her anger? But that's just my opinion...I can't judge yet, but it sounds like Dirge is the RE4 of FFVII.

[EDIT] One thing I can't stand about Advent Children is that why the hell did Cloud become emo? Didn't he have a pretty happy ending at the end of VII? I didn't imagine he would still be sulking after two years. Little b***h ha ha.

King of Paradise

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:12 pm
Yeah, but what the hell's the point of that? Is that their BFD, "The main character is a female Cloud"?
Frankly, the idea of Cloud changing genders is kind of unsettling.

Well, that's half the problem with Advent Children, it's like, "Okay, let's pull this idea out of our a**, let's come up with any reason at all why Sephiroth should come back. It's stupid. And then Aeris being all there as this spiritual entity, like, let her go, guys, she's dead.
That, and then the Turks. Oh god... The turks... Reno, especially, used to be like, this badass suit. They turned him into a clown. Into an idiot. Ruined all his appeal.
Well, if Dirge is the RE4 of FF7, then AC is Degeneration, and it still sucks.

Cloud became emo because... Well, look at the release date. 2005/2006, that's when Emo was the 'in' thing.  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 635 636 637 638 639 640 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games