Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
::Grill 13 Restaurant:: NEW Pictures on the Menu! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 636 637 638 639 640 641 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

King of Paradise

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:20 pm
I just read the plot for Crisis Core (All late about it): What a load of garbage! There is one game I'm definitely never touching...  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:32 pm
Yeah, I never touched that either. That's like... the UC of FF7.
But even then, the reason I haven't played FF7 was because after AC and Dirge, I couldn't freakin play the game without connecting it to the horrible spinoffs.
It didn't help that my friend actually tried to take FFX and FFX-2 and canonically connect them to FF7, saying that Tidus was Cloud's father. rolleyes

Now that it's been so long since I've polluted my mind with those crappy spinoffs and even crappier theories, I can actually enjoy FF7 again.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:35 pm
According to Notte, they're rereleasing AC on Blu-Ray and actually taking the time to make everyone look relatively their correct gender (no glamorous eyelashes! Yay!). Also, I think she said somewhere around 40 minutes of extra footage. With normal-looking people. Yay for my free rental card for Blockbuster. xd And I agree with Stranger. The story's puke-worthy, but it's nostalgic. That's the main thing that keeps me liking it. And of course, the eye candy. But don't let that confuse you. I'm not gonna drop $60 on FFXIII just because it looks good. >_> If I'm gonna invest two hours in a movie, then the story can or can't be good. I would prefer it to be good, but sometimes I'm not so lucky.

However, it's a whole different ball game if I'm gonna be dropping 50+ hours easy into a game. That story better make me c** in my pants (pardon the French). sweatdrop Although 50 hours might even be stretching. Most RPGs this generation are considerably shorter, I've noticed. gonk  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:54 pm
Realistic looking people and extra footage can't save AC and its craptastic storyline. Seriously, FF7 ends. Aeris is dead, Sephiroth is dead, LET THEM REST IN PEACE.
As for the others, well, when FF7 ended, we didn't know what happened to them. Maybe humans were all killed off by the planet. Maybe not. It was so ambiguous. That's what pisses me off, the ending was so speculative, you could argue about what happened to the characters, you could speculate, create fan fiction, etc. etc. etc. Then Square decides that it's better to just hand the aftermath over on a silver platter, and the aftermath isn't even that good. Of course, as bad as AC was, it's chocolate ice cream compared to Dirge of Cerberus.
Man, suddenly I don't feel like playing FF7 anymore. Can we stop talking about the crappy spinoffs before I need another 2 years to recover from it?

The one thing that actually makes me wanna get FFXIII is the fact that Square said it's gonna be using nearly 100% of PS3's full potential. And I really wanna see what that's like. It's the sheer power of the technology that draws me to this game, otherwise, I wouldn't bother.
This, of course means that the Xbox 360 version will probably have a bit of a graphical downgrade, and will span 2 discs.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:32 pm
Naughty Dog said it'd be using the Cell processor to 100% capcity too for Uncharted 2, so you wouldn't even have to bother with FFXIII. 3nodding

But multiple discs isn't a bad thing either. I recall a certain game with VII in the title... :XP:  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:45 pm
Dayumn. I didn't even read up on that. That's awesome. So what, am I not permitted to buy FFXIII, then? The best thing about Final Fantasy (well, most of them), is that they're all completely different worlds, completely different canons. So even if FFX was a disappointment, FFXII was a disappointment... What happened in those games absolutely doesn't reflect XIII.
Not that I've been reading up much on it. How much is known about XIII's battle system? Is it still gonna be the same crappy hack and slash real time system? Or are we going to see the return of the ever beloved turn-based battle?

Umm... Are you saying that FFVII was good BECAUSE it spanned multiple discs? I mean, if you give me FFVII on three discs, or on one disc and ask me to choose, I think I'd choose the ONE disc... Look at Code Veronica X. The GameCube version spans 2 discs... I think the PS2 version is much preferrable.
And it's the opposite for RE2. The PS1 version spans 2 disks. And I think having the GameCube version with 1 disc is a lot more convenient. I mean, there are other ups to the GameCube version, but nevertheless.
The amount of discs has no reflection on the quality of the game. But having only 1 disc is sure as hell more convenient.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Mr. Kennedy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:08 pm
You didn't like FFX? I absoultely loved that one too.

I heard FFXIII is sticking with XII's system. I wasn't a huge fan of that one and didn't finish the game.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:18 pm
It was okay, but it wasn't nearly as awesome as any of the ones before it. It's like... When something's good, but everything before it was great, that 'good' is kind of disappointing. And frankly, Final Fantasy was better without voice overs. Lazy a** kids don't wanna read these days.
That, and Tidus is a whiny little b***h.

Hmm... If that's the case, it might just be a rental for me, then.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Mr. Kennedy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:27 pm
I was a kid. Voice overs were welcome. xp
I dunno, FFX was great for me. I can't choose a favorite. FFIX was my first though, so it has a special place in my heart.
Tidus was not my favorite hero...

Oh yeah. Can't wait to see it on the 360.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:31 pm
Naw, Final Fantasy was better off without voice overs. It encouraged lazy gamers to read, and it exercised the imagination, since you had to imagine what the characters sounded like, etc.
FF only went downhill with the coming of the PS2. In fact, RPGs in general went downhill with the previous generation. They're only starting to pick up again, now.

If you're that hyped for FFXIII, you should just get a PS3, and experience the superior version.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Mr. Kennedy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:34 pm
Mistakes have been learned from?

Nah. No way I could shell out the money. And FFXIII isn't the game that will make me try. Hell I even missed out on MGS4, something I regret everytime I look at my Foxhound shirt in the closet. Then again, FFXIII doesn't have a set release date, maybe by then I'll be ready.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:38 pm
*Ahem*

@ Deadite: Alright, the Kanye thing... why am I a gay fish? I hate Kanye with a passion.

@ Angela: I'm sure that no answer is right here, but honestly, fish sticks... they're okay. Nothing great, but I'll eat 'em.

Final Fantasy VII is the most overrated game of all time. Seriously people, get over it. ******** Final Fantasy X.

The Gamecube port of RE2 is horrid. I would take the PSX version over the Gamecube one. The Dreamcast version is the best console port of that game, and it's two discs. I agree that one disc is more convenient, but that doesn't save the Gamecube port of RE2. And the Gamecube version of Code Veronica is less jaggy than the PS2 port.

Oh, and I read up on the new Nightmare on Elm Street. Sounds retarded. You know, it'd be one thing if Robert Englund was dead, but he's not. And it's another goddamn remake. I'm so sick and tired of these ******** remakes. And the original Nightmare on Elm Street was the worst in the series anyway, if you ask me. Because that one was all trying to be scary, but it wasn't. I only liked Freddy when he started getting over the top and funny. "Bon Appetite, b***h!" - that's Freddy.  

Thee Stranger

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:38 pm
Mr. Kennedy
Mistakes have been learned from?

Nah. No way I could shell out the money. And FFXIII isn't the game that will make me try. Hell I even missed out on MGS4, something I regret everytime I look at my Foxhound shirt in the closet. Then again, FFXIII doesn't have a set release date, maybe by then I'll be ready.

Well... Maybe on behalf of other companies. Definitely not Square. Hopefully at least the storyline will be decent in XIII, and the characters likable. Because this whole hack and slash gameplay style just isn't FF. Not to mention they took away the world maps, the random battles, and basically all the gameplay elements that made the game... Nay... Made the genre what it was... Oh gee, that sounds like another franchise we know... Franchise that starts with 'R' ... And ends with 'esident Evil'...

Well, the release date is scheduled in 2010, so that's next year. Why don't you ask for a PS3 for Christmas?  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:43 pm
Thee Stranger
Final Fantasy VII is the most overrated game of all time. Seriously people, get over it. ******** Final Fantasy X.

RE4 is the most overrate game of all time. While Final Fantasy VII is overrated as far as the general opinion is concerned, it's still a great game.

Thee Stranger

The Gamecube port of RE2 is horrid. I would take the PSX version over the Gamecube one. The Dreamcast version is the best console port of that game, and it's two discs. I agree that one disc is more convenient, but that doesn't save the Gamecube port of RE2. And the Gamecube version of Code Veronica is less jaggy than the PS2 port.

How was it horrid? It had better resolution. The sound was transfered flawlessly. The only thing that suffered was the quality of FMVs, and even that didn't suffer that badly. The FMV quality in RE3 suffered more, I think, but it was higher frame rate, so that's a give and take situation.
Now, the N64 port of RE2, THAT'S horrid.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Thee Stranger

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:49 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
RE4 is the most overrate game of all time. While Final Fantasy VII is overrated as far as the general opinion is concerned, it's still a great game.

I disagree. At least RE4 was innovative. I really can't say the same about FFVII.

Biohazard EXTREME
How was it horrid? It had better resolution. The sound was transfered flawlessly. The only thing that suffered was the quality of FMVs, and even that didn't suffer that badly. The FMV quality in RE3 suffered more, I think, but it was higher frame rate, so that's a give and take situation.
Now, the N64 port of RE2, THAT'S horrid.

Are you kidding me? When did you last play it? The FMV quality is absolutely horrid (see the Licker cutscene on the Leon disc, PSX looks better). There's all kinds of graphical clipping, Leon's knees are constantly flickering/blinking, which is actually quite annoying and distracting. You got none of that with the Dreamcast port. It looks great. All the cutscenes are full-screen. You can go back and watch them anytime, view the character models, concept art, etc. The Gamecube version had none of this, and released at $20 more than the Dreamcast one. Inexcusable. RE3 was a great port for Gamecube, and the FMV quality didn't really suffer at all in transition.  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 636 637 638 639 640 641 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games