Welcome to Gaia! ::

International Music

Back to Guilds

There's music all around the world! 

Tags: Music, Popular, International, Cultural, Chat 

Reply ♪ Roleplay
Boarding School For the Gifted~ Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Night Faery

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:09 pm
((Haha, that's awesome... poor driver....))

"Girls can be cruel," TJ said contemplatively. "I know I sure can."

Suddenly, his next words hit her and she looked up at him with widening eyes. "You would do that-- for me?" she breathed. She knew that he knew she was slightly awkward around firearms--the big ones, at least-- but she didn't realize that he would make such a sacrifice for her benefit. "Wow.... I don't think anyone's ever done anything like that for me before." Her lips curved into a smile and she said, "You don't have to get rid of them. I wouldn't ask you to do that... but I would like you to teach me how to use some of them, if that's all right."

Her smile broadened into a grin. "I don't know this place very well, so I'm not sure where we could go. Somewhere teen-friendly, maybe," she added with a laugh. "I've had enough of adulthood for the week."

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:20 pm
(well...yeah. but i think he still got a kick out of it.)

"sure. anywhere is good for me." he said to TJ. "and of course i would teach you how to use them. its alot of fun to shoot. just not at people..." he told her. he activated his wrist computer and put in a local search for teen friendly places to eat. the list came up almost instantly. he narrowed down the search to include distance and selected Mama Mia's Pizzaria. (lol)
"hope you like italian food." he said to her. he shut the computer off and checked on the scanning. 15% every 20 minutes. "looks like weve got some time to kill, but i dont want to leave the room until the scanning and transfer is complete. for security reasons. so any ideas on what to do?" Rakata asked.  

Kitsoenix

Dapper Lunatic

The Night Faery

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:23 pm
((lol, nice. I could go for some pizza right now....))

"Love Italian food," TJ confirmed with a nod. She stretched out onto her stomach and gently rubbed her fingers together to call Ryth. "It's okay, I'm not starving yet. What should we do? I dunno." She kicked her legs idly, leaning her chin on one hand. Suddenly, out of pure curiosity, she asked, "So who was that guy you were talking to when we headed to the base? I mean, the guy who just kind of doesn't ask what you're up to."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:02 am
((eh, sometimes it just happens))

it took a minute for him to register the question, and another minute to think of what she was talking about. then it dawned on him.
"oh him? that was Major, excuse me Lt. Colonel Verduun. he was a friend of my dad's. a very good friend of family. he was my dad's best man at his wedding, and spent alot of time at our house and vice versa. I trust him with my life. he never asks much about what im doing because its usually highly classified, or something personal." he told her. he saw Ryth jump to her from the computer desk.  

Kitsoenix

Dapper Lunatic

MajikBooBear

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:00 pm
(RAKATA u guys, need to get in the game with us..i mean no one knows what u guys are going on about...not being mean am i? have a happy thanksgiving)

I looked at everyone again....
"come on" I ran in.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:16 pm
((lol, no Boo, you're not being mean. XD We're just on a different thread of the storyline right now... we'll catch up with you guys in a bit. Happy Thanksgiving to you too!))

TJ smiled and scratched Ryth's head, stroking his back gently with her fingernails. "It must be nice," she said quietly. Then she looked up at him and realized that her statement must have been somewhat confusing; she tried to clarify. "I mean, it must be nice to trust someone with your life. I heal almost instantaneously, so nobody ever needs to worry about me, not even my parents. And since I never need to trust anyone with my life, I just... don't. I guess it goes with the territory."

The Night Faery

Kitsoenix

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 6:30 am
((happy Thankgiving everyone, eat some turkey and watch some football. oh and if do watch the game, post who played and the score. plz ^_^)

Rakata's eyes dimmed a bit as a memory came back to him.
"a couple years ago, i was leading an Op into hostile territory, searching for plans to a new naval weapon. our intel turned out to be a carefully planted trick, in order to get me and my team over to Russia. needless to say, the insertion, and hideout went just fine. but when we broke into the building, there was an ambush waiting. AK47s, .50BMGs. it was a slaughter. 6 of my men went down in the first exchange of fire, one of them being my second in command. i got hit in the ribs by a 47 round, and went down, one of my other men grabbed me by my TacVest and hauled me around a corner. we we outgunned, and out numbered. but i got up and got the bodies of my men under fire from every available position. my group wa providing cover fire of course, but it still didnt do much more than distract a couple of them. i got hit 3 more times with 7.62 rounds twice more in the side and once in the shoulder. but i still got the fallen back to the extract point and home. i got the medal of honor for that. for leading a failed op, and getting half my team killed. they gave me the medal of honor." he finished with a shake of his head.
and stood up and took his shirt off to show the wounds, now scars and distant pain. each mark was like a ghost against already pale skin.
"they gave me the medal of honor for this." he said waving his left hand at the scars. he pulled his shirt back on and sat back down in a chair at the computer desk.

((man it took me about a minute and a half to cook that up. O__O))  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 11:46 am
TJ winced as he showed her the scar. "Ouch," she said, biting her lip. "That's a pretty bad one." Vaguely she wondered what it would be like if her skin scarred too. She had been through a number of bouts and battles-- none so often or so intense as those Rakata had seen, but if she were like a normal human she would surely bear plenty of marks to tell her stories.

She pulled herself up onto her knees using the back of the chair at the desk, and watched him scroll through the pictures. "Are you still in contact with any of them, or are they...?" She frowned, unsure of how to go about asking the question.

The Night Faery

The Night Faery

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:12 pm
((okay, weird formatting things going on here. it put my post at the top of the page...?))  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:26 pm
Rakata shook his head. "no, most of them i still have contact with, and only 3 from this picture are dead." he said, pointing to three of the faces. he pointed to a soldier who was standing next to him in the picture they had their arms around each others necks, and were smiling at the camera. "that is Staff Sergeant Byrwen. he was my second in command, and my closest friend. he is the one that pulled me out of fire after the mission in Russia went FUBAR and the one who made it possible from me to be hear talking to you now." Rakata says to TJ. "he and i got into all sorts of trouble behind enemy lines. he likes large explosions, and i like causing them. maybe ill take you to meet him someday." he told her.

(it did the same thing for me. report it to Gaia. but dont click on page 65, there is nothing there. i tried something that didnt work, and deleted the post, and pg. 65 stayed.)  

Kitsoenix

Dapper Lunatic

The Night Faery

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:10 pm
((Weird... well, for the most part it seems to be fixed....))

TJ smiled softly and nodded. "I'd like that," she said.

After a moment of silence, she said quietly, "It must have been hard to have to grow up so fast. I mean, you said you had about as much training as a Navy SEAL before you even got into your teens, right? So there must not have been a whole lot of time to just be a kid...."

She sat back down on the floor and looked up at him, still wearing a faint smile. "You're definitely unique," she said decisively, "but I like it."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:49 pm
TJ smiled. "Awesome-- so you're a programming genius, too?" she teased. "Damn. I think I'm pretty behind with this whole 'gifted' thing. I don't even know why they let me in here."

She frowned and added, "Speaking of which, we haven't exactly been to any classes lately. I don't even remember a single day where the schedule didn't get interrupted by something. You've been here longer than me, so tell me, has it always been like this, or did I show up for something new?"

The Night Faery

Kitsoenix

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:19 pm
"its hasnt always been like this, but its alot more interesting this way. plus this is my last year attending the school, and i ended up in a situation where i had to take only a couple classes, now completed, so i have alot of free time."
he told her. "and keep in mind ive been learning how to do stuff like computer network stuff for years. your not far behind at all, in fact, your farther ahead than me in healing. my heal jobs leave a lot to be desired..." he said with a touch of self remorse. "which kinda sucks considering how i manage to get stabbed or shot every time i step outside of my dorm." Rakata said, laughing.

((lets hope that it was just a page bug, and will be set back to normal with the new page. *crosses fingers*)) ((oh, btw, how are those combat boots working out for you Night?))

((nope didnt work. maybe we should start a new thread. for this RP...))  
♪ Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff