Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
::Grill 13 Restaurant:: NEW Pictures on the Menu! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 638 639 640 641 642 643 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

King of Paradise

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:50 pm
Well we shall see what type of movie this will turn out to be. My hopes will remain strong when everything is shrouded in darkness (Just the way I like it mwuhahaha...)

Final Fantasy XII is growing on me. I'm still left in the dark about the plot, but I have grown fond of a few characters. And battling has become more intact (And more strategic) with the addition of the gambit system. One thing is for sure: This is no basic hack and slash.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:02 pm
I just hate hack and slash in RPGs, because I like to have time to think my moves through, especially during boss fights. Like, if I'm thinking about what move I wanna do next. Like, if it's an action RPG, well, most action RPGs (like Legend of Zelda, Oblivion, etc.) don't require you to manage a whole damn party. Well, we'll see. I picked up Star Ocean 2 for PSP, which isn't turn based much to my disappointment, but if I manage to get used to it, maybe I'll pick up XIII if it has a decent storyline.
But considering that the main character is female, I'm hoping she won't be a whiny b***h like Tidus, or a punk a** like Sora.  

Biohazard EXTREME

King of Paradise

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:55 am
You know, what surprised me about FFXII is that you actually do constantly have to change your strategy, especially during boss fights. And the gambit system really allows you to manage and strategize with your party in a simple way, which helps during tough boss fights.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:55 am
Holy ******** s**t! Speaking of Final Fantasy I have some related news. I was in the Taipei Metro Station, waiting for the train to coem. To pass the tiem they put TV sets that are hanging from the ceiling, that way they can advertise movies, do comercials, and also tell you how much time there is until the train arrives. Well today when I was there they had an Advertisement. in big letters the tv had " Final Fantasy" on there. I continued to wathc and as it turns out they they're going ot bring an Orchestra to play Final Fantasy songs, well that's what I got form what I saw. The volume on the thing was too damn low as always. They say it comes to Taipei in May 26th and 27th.  

Alkaizer87

MadamTarantula

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:59 am
A Dear Friends concert perhaps? O.O  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:47 am
Yea the Dallas Symphony Orchestra is gonna perform FF songs here in Dallas sometime in June. Me & my bf might go....but then again we might instead go to the Aerosmith / ZZTop concert that's in July, I think.

[Edit] Btw, sorry I've been gone this whole week. I've had this damn stomach virus since Monday and I'm just now getting over it, at least I hope I am. Yea, I've been in alot of pain this week it seems to be going away now, which is really good. I'm just not ready for solid foods yet. I can barely get through half a container of yogurt w/o my stomach going "No more!!". I'm also staying away from dairy just to be safe, until I know for sure that my stomach can handle it again. (But I seriously would kill for some solid food right now... crying )

Vankala

Alkaizer87

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:18 am
Poor Vankala...And no I think this is a real 100% Professionals coming over to do the event thing. I mean if it's so big that they put it in the MRT advertisement then it must be big. They don't rnadomly put Anime/Videogame s**t on there, and one that involves a big franchise too. They'll do it at some concert hall or soemthing, liek the operas do.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:50 pm
Ah, I think I know what you're talking about now, Bio. Thanks for the example. But I really didn't notice any of that at all on GameCube's RE3. It's been a while, though. I'll have to pop her back in some time.

Why don't Final Fantasy games have the classic music anymore?

And I always thought Vagrant Story had a really neat battle system.  

Thee Stranger

King of Paradise

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:18 pm
Final Fantasy VII's song Trail of Blood would fit perfectly into a Resident Evil game, me thinks.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:12 pm
Thee Stranger
Ah, I think I know what you're talking about now, Bio. Thanks for the example. But I really didn't notice any of that at all on GameCube's RE3. It's been a while, though. I'll have to pop her back in some time.

Why don't Final Fantasy games have the classic music anymore?

And I always thought Vagrant Story had a really neat battle system.

Well, I don't think it was AS bad in RE3, as the example I showed, that was just to emphasize it. But there was definitely some noticeable compression which there wasn't in the PS1 version. But also, I found the colors on the GameCube version of RE3 seemed a bit damper and less saturated. And I don't think it was on purpose, I just think it was GameCube issues.

Hmm... To be honest I blame the DDR fad. After DDR came into mainstream, (at least here in North America) J-Pop became the 'in' thing for a while. At least among DDR fans, but a LOT of DDR fans are also FF fans. At least that's the connection I made.
Ever since that horribly annoying song from Kingdom Hearts (Simple and Clean, was it called?) became all popular, it seems Square said, "Let's do J-Pop instead! It's much cooler than a rich, orchestral score!"  

Biohazard EXTREME

King of Paradise

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:45 pm
...No J-Pop in FFXII. I am loving the catchy, eastern influenced instrumental tunes they have. Oh, and what beautiful orchestral pieces it has lulz.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:35 pm
I do enjoy the theme of Rabanastre a lot. It's actually from FF Tactics Advance, but they did it better here. It's so catchy and happy. xd  

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

King of Paradise

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:39 pm
I actually prefer Rabanastre's Lowtown theme ha ha.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:41 pm
Tactics Advance was a disappointment. I mean, you take FF Tactics... With its complex military related, bible metaphor of a storyline... It was amazing...
You take Tactics Advance, and you got kids whipping each other with snowballs. Wat?  

Biohazard EXTREME

MadamTarantula

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:34 pm
Vankala
Yea the Dallas Symphony Orchestra is gonna perform FF songs here in Dallas sometime in June. Me & my bf might go....but then again we might instead go to the Aerosmith / ZZTop concert that's in July, I think.

[Edit] Btw, sorry I've been gone this whole week. I've had this damn stomach virus since Monday and I'm just now getting over it, at least I hope I am. Yea, I've been in alot of pain this week it seems to be going away now, which is really good. I'm just not ready for solid foods yet. I can barely get through half a container of yogurt w/o my stomach going "No more!!". I'm also staying away from dairy just to be safe, until I know for sure that my stomach can handle it again. (But I seriously would kill for some solid food right now... crying )

Ouch. >.< I've had the stomach virus one before. s**t isn't fun. Compared to a regular stomach ache, you have no clue when it's going to end. I know citrus-flavored Goody's helps end my stomach aches (I eternally thank my husband for introducing me to it. I have narrowly avoided many stomach aches!), but I have no clue if it would help a stomach virus. sweatdrop  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 638 639 640 641 642 643 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games