Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
::Grill 13 Restaurant:: NEW Pictures on the Menu! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 639 640 641 642 643 644 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:47 am
How does one catch something like that anyway?  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:26 pm
Dunno, but I've had the stomach flu bad before... the week before Christmas when I was like, 9 or 10, the family's chillin' around the tree while I puke mucus mixed with a little blood into a trash can. Finally slowed down and I went to sleep.

Woke up feeling pretty good. Took one sip of milk and thought it tasted funny, but not spoiled. And then my stomach told me why. Another day of puking, and I was finally done.

It was bad. D:  

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:33 pm
Kids these days.
I never get any kind of stomach sickness. I've been even eating raw eggs all my life, never even had salmonella.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:25 pm
So...Where's Notte?

Busy with school?

Also,

What what in the butt...That being said, the first half of SP season 13 is coming to an end! gonk And it looks like the last episode of the first half will be about pirates.  

King of Paradise

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:23 pm
Damn, that went by fast.

EDIT: So, I'm watching the FFXIII demo, and it seems that it's active time turn based. Which is very good news, to me. That it's not another hack and slash job. Despite the fact that the enemies aren't random encounters. So it looks to be like a 3D version of Chrono Trigger combat system. (Oh, and just as I type that, the commentator says it.) But still, them saying that makes me very happy and more inclined to pick up this game. So that's plus 1 to FFXIII.
So far it seems that you can only control the main character and the other characters are controlled by the AI. But I don't have a problem with that in case of turn based battles, since it's how Persona 3 is, and it's like, my favorite JRPG right now.

So far, FFXIII is a lot of flash, and... Well, it's hard to say whether there's any substance to it, since I can't understand Japanese and the demo is in Japanese. Of course, since it's an RPG, and I'll probably need to put in at least 10 hours of gameplay to figure out whether the storyline is remotely good, or just another crappy generic angsty story. But so far, it's growing on me.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:31 am
Best videogame theme ever

.... that's all I had to say.  

Thee Stranger

Alkaizer87

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:40 am
so....hi? Edit: ShadowLeggy makes some funny amvs on youtube that go with RE.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:43 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Damn, that went by fast.

EDIT: So, I'm watching the FFXIII demo, and it seems that it's active time turn based. Which is very good news, to me. That it's not another hack and slash job. Despite the fact that the enemies aren't random encounters. So it looks to be like a 3D version of Chrono Trigger combat system. (Oh, and just as I type that, the commentator says it.) But still, them saying that makes me very happy and more inclined to pick up this game. So that's plus 1 to FFXIII.
So far it seems that you can only control the main character and the other characters are controlled by the AI. But I don't have a problem with that in case of turn based battles, since it's how Persona 3 is, and it's like, my favorite JRPG right now.

So far, FFXIII is a lot of flash, and... Well, it's hard to say whether there's any substance to it, since I can't understand Japanese and the demo is in Japanese. Of course, since it's an RPG, and I'll probably need to put in at least 10 hours of gameplay to figure out whether the storyline is remotely good, or just another crappy generic angsty story. But so far, it's growing on me.

I'm glad to hear that you like what you see thus far. As for it's story...It's Final Fantasy. All this talk from people saying that FF has lowered in quality story telling had me become weary of anything related to it. But now, after putting 20 hours into FFXII, I realize those people were wrong. I expect nothing but the finest storytelling available. And seriously, the only thing angsty looking about it is the character of Lightning, but I believe we will get good character development for her and all others. Plus, I'm liking this newly introduced Sazh character lol.

What you should be weary of is FFXIII Versus. What we have seen of the game thus far is MADE of emo bits.

Also, after watching Advent Children again, I change my mind on Cloud (a little). Sure he has become emo, but he's only emo for the first half of the movie. After that, he becomes his usual self. And I won't let that first half ruin the entire experience for me. But I'm still not liking the Sephy trio that much, mostly because they don't even explain where the hell they came from.  

King of Paradise

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:51 pm
Actually, Lightning seems pretty badass. I have a theory about the storyline. So far it looks like a carbon copy of FF7, but what if they're realizing something FF7 didn't. Think about it, FF7 started out as AVALANCHE fighting the Shinra in Midgar. A rebel group against a big corporation, in a smi-post apocalyptic city. Then Sephiroth comes into the picture, and he starts killing Shinra members, so now there's this more important force. And you leave Midgar and there's a whole pretty, natury world outside. And what we started out with is gone. So maybe in XIII, they actually follow through all the way with the Rebel group vs. Evil Corporation plotline? Just a thought.
But although most people would disagree with me, I think FF's storylines are going down. Honestly, I haven't played XII, and maybe I'd like the story if I didn't dislike the gameplay. But the last FF game I played was FFX, and even though the gameplay was fun in it (aside from Blitz Ball), the storyline and the characters kinda sucked....  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:54 pm
And I'm sorry guys, but I think Auron is one of the most overrated FF characters ever. In fact, I'll even go as far as to say Auron is more overrated than Cloud.
The only character in FFX that I really liked was Lulu, aand only for two good reasons. Guess what they are.
Anywho, so that's probably why I didn't finish FFX. But I'm honestly gonna do my best to approach FFXIII positively.

(By the way, sorry for doubleposting, but my computer broke down and I'm typing on my PS3, which has limited text space. And since my computer broke down, I probably won't be on as much until I'm hooked up with something new.)  

Biohazard EXTREME

MadamTarantula

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:57 pm
That's what you get for choosing Macintrash. mrgreen  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:04 pm
Hey, it was my own fault for falling and dropping it. Ever since then, it's been slowly breaking down bit by bit.
Don't be dissin Mac, it's a hell of a lot better than PCs. Microsoft are scum, and even though my next computer will probably be a PC (Because they're cheap... Because they suck) Mac is the way to go.
On another note, if you wanna hang out on Home, I have a keyboard for now.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Thee Stranger

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:16 pm
I don't know what the hell you're talking about, Deadite. Cloud was always emo.

Yeah, I liked FF a lot better before all your teammates died and you left the city.

And I've used Macs. They're not bad, but they take some getting used to if you're used to PC's. The interface is a lot different, and I don't like that you can't really minimize a window. I mean, you can, but that bar is always there in the same place.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:24 am
It's been a while since I played FFVII, but I remember Cloud as just being the silent type, not the constant silent brooding type (And by brooding, I mean living inside his despairing, death wishing self) . And if I remember correctly, he was also a smartass too...Always pissing off Cid with saying Okey Dokey or something like that...And I've always seen him as the type that wanted to be left alone, whereas emos crave for attention...And even in the game you see instances where he was cheery. In the first half of Advent Children, there is no such thing.

That's a pretty awesome theory Bio, but I bet you it's going to expand into something entirely different.  

King of Paradise

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:06 pm
I'm here!! lol... barely.

Everything is just crazy right now with school coming to a close, and I was desperately trying to find a summer job (found one, and I dont have to live with my mother this summer WOOHOOOOO!!) and trying to juggle a full schedule plus a long distance relationship. Phew.

So how is everyone doing?  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 639 640 641 642 643 644 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games