Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
::Grill 13 Restaurant:: NEW Pictures on the Menu! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 644 645 646 647 648 649 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Thee Stranger

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 6:55 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Woot! Just got back from seeing Wolverine. It was awesome. Not as awesome as it could've been. I went to see it at a crappy theatre, so it wasn't digital, and the picture was standard NTSC, and not in HD.
But I might even go see it again tomorrow at an AMC theatre and really experience it.

Dude, are you kidding me? That movie sucked. HARD. They completely ******** up EVERYTHING. They ******** up Wolverine's origin, they butchered Deadpool's character. Why they even named him Deadpool, I don't know. The script was s**t, most of the effects sucked, the story sucked. Well... there wasn't even much of a story. It's mostly just explosions and action filler with a few pauses here and there for exposition. It was stupid, silly, shallow, and poopy. That movie was horrid, horrid, HORRID! <******** that movie!

P.S. I didn't like it.  
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 7:22 pm
I liked it. xd And honestly, this is coming from someone who hasn't read the comics, so I dunno what's supposed to happen... so I'm blissfully unaware. biggrin  

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

King of Paradise

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 7:43 pm
Never been a big X-Men fan, so I'm gonna wait 'til it comes out on video to watch it.

The only superhero movies I'd go to the theater to watch would be Hellboy, Batman, Spiderman, and The Incredible Hulk. Other then that...*Blows a raspberry*

I found and bought a copy of Final Fantasy Chronicles for the PSX today for 20 bucks. Not bad. Now I can finally experience Chrono Trigger and FFIV.  
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 7:44 pm
Yea, me too. I've enver read the comics and barely remember the cartoon i used to watch when i was little. My boyfriend has read them though so he already has complaints about it even though we haven't seen it. I kinda still wanna see it though. But I've got one question though. If this is a prequel to the X-Men movies (and I'm assuming it is), how is that Wolverine meets Cyclops for the first time in the first movie but he's in the prequel?  

Vankala

Thee Stranger

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 7:48 pm
Well, I'm a fan of the comics; a big fan of Wolverine, and a HUGE fan of Deadpool (see the sig?). And what they did with Deadpool in this movie was disgraceful. Wolverine's character is intact for the most part, but they ******** just about everything else up. And even if I didn't read the comics, I'm pretty sure I still wouldn't like it. I wouldn't be nearly as pissed about the Deadpool thing, but a shitty movie is a shitty movie. It doesn't need to be completely faithful. The first two X-Men movies weren't, and I liked them. X3 and this? Hell no.  
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 7:50 pm
Vankala
Yea, me too. I've enver read the comics and barely remember the cartoon i used to watch when i was little. My boyfriend has read them though so he already has complaints about it even though we haven't seen it. I kinda still wanna see it though. But I've got one question though. If this is a prequel to the X-Men movies (and I'm assuming it is), how is that Wolverine meets Cyclops for the first time in the first movie but he's in the prequel?

Because this movie is retarded. Gambit and Deadpool have nothing to do with Wolverine's origin either in the comics. Though Wolverine had a bit to do with Deadpool's. Anyway, he doesn't actually meet him, but yeah, he's there. Avoid this movie, save your money. Trust.  

Thee Stranger

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 8:00 pm
Well, considering that it's a movie adaptation of a franchise, it really doesn't have to follow the comics, does it? I mean, the other 3 X-Men movies didn't really follow the comics, did they? So who cares? It's an entertaining action movie that expands on the universe that the MOVIES have set. And does so quite effectively.
No offense Stranger, but you didn't like Resident Evil movies either, so your opinion of Wolverine influences me little to none.
Watch the movie guys, and make your own judgement.
It was a hell of a lot more entertaining than The Dark Knight.  
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 5:47 am
The first two movies were pretty damn faithful for the most part (David Hayter wrote the scripts, so that explains that). Many of the scenes in the second film in particular were lifted straight from the comics. The only things that weren't quite accurate were Rogue (though I can't blame them, because in order to be completely faithful to her character, they'd have to bring She-Hulk in), the members of the original X-Men, and a few other little things here and there. But you know what? They were pretty good movies. Spider-Man had biological webbing in the movies (he has to make his own web cartridges in the comics), and I liked that. And I liked the first two Spider-Man movies. So no, a movie doesn't have to be completely faithful, so long as it's good.

This movie was not. Dark Knight may be a tad overrated, but this movie isn't even in the same ballpark. Dark Knight is too good to even compare this piece of s**t with. And no offense Bio, but you and Canas liked the Resident Evil movies. 'Nuff said.

And they ******** up Deadpool. ********. Friggin' pretty boy Ryan Reynolds? Umm... no, Deadpool's skin is supposed to be all ******** up from the cancer and the Weapon X experiments (and his only power is Wolverine's healing factor, which Weapon X gave him, he's not even a mutant). He's supposed to be sick, twisted, conflicted, witty, funny, goofy, and above all likable. And he's not supposed to have his mouth sown shut with a stupid sword claw. And seriously, a sword claw?!? Is that supposed to be a practical weapon? It doesn't get much more retarded than that. Did you see how long that ********' thing was? It's not like Wolverine's claws, where they're short enough to be stored in his forearm. The mother ******** would not even be able to bend his ******** arm when that thing was retracted. They completely ******** up my favorite comic book character.

User Image

That's ********' Deadpool.

And don't even get me started on the Wolverine s**t. There was so much potential here. They could've gotten into all the Weapon X and Department H s**t, and the whole Ronin Samurai aspect of him when he lived in Japan. But instead... Sabertooth's his brother? Uhh.... what? They run away together and become war butt-buddies? Wolverine volunteered for Weapon X just so he can kick Sabertooth's a**, what the ********? And it's not even like they did the crazy s**t that they did to him in Weapon X in the comics, which pretty much made him the way he is. Cliche-ridden action scenes, boring love interests, predictable plot twists. Oh, and I just love the part where they decide that shooting him in the head with an adamantium bullet will just magically delete his memory and won't ******** up anything else. And that's exactly what they do, and that's what actually happens as a result. *facepalm* DUMB. It's ******** dumb! Seriously, who wrote this piece of s**t?!?[/fanboyrant]  

Thee Stranger

King of Paradise

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 7:31 am
Thee Stranger
The first two movies were pretty damn faithful for the most part (David Hayter wrote the scripts, so that explains that). Many of the scenes in the second film in particular were lifted straight from the comics. The only things that weren't quite accurate were Rogue (though I can't blame them, because in order to be completely faithful to her character, they'd have to bring She-Hulk in), the members of the original X-Men, and a few other little things here and there. But you know what? They were pretty good movies. Spider-Man had biological webbing in the movies (he has to make his own web cartridges in the comics), and I liked that. And I liked the first two Spider-Man movies. So no, a movie doesn't have to be completely faithful, so long as it's good.

This movie was not. Dark Knight may be a tad overrated, but this movie isn't even in the same ballpark. Dark Knight is too good to even compare this piece of s**t with. And no offense Bio, but you and Canas liked the Resident Evil movies. 'Nuff said.

And they ******** up Deadpool. ********. Friggin' pretty boy Ryan Reynolds? Umm... no, Deadpool's skin is supposed to be all ******** up from the cancer and the Weapon X experiments (and his only power is Wolverine's healing factor, which Weapon X gave him, he's not even a mutant). He's supposed to be sick, twisted, witty, funny, goofy, and above all likable. And he's not supposed to have his mouth sown shut with a stupid sword claw. And seriously, a sword claw?!? Is that supposed to be a practical weapon? It doesn't get much more retarded than that. Did you see how long that ********' thing was? It's not like Wolverine's claws, where they're short enough to be stored in his forearm. The mother ******** would not even be able to bend his ******** arm when that thing was retracted. They completely ******** up my favorite comic book character.

User Image

That's ********' Deadpool.

And don't even get me started on the Wolverine s**t. There was so much potential here. They could've gotten into all the Weapon X and Department H s**t, and the whole Ronin Samurai aspect of him when he lived in Japan. But instead... Sabertooth's his brother? Uhh.... what? They run away together and become war butt-buddies? Wolverine volunteered for Weapon X just so he can kick Sabertooth's a**, what the ********? And it's not even like they did the crazy s**t that they did to him in Weapon X in the comics, which pretty much made him the way he is. Cliche-ridden action scenes, boring love interests, predictable plot twists. Oh, and I just love the part where they decide that shooting him in the head with an adamantium bullet will just magically delete his memory and won't ******** up anything else. And that's what they do, and that's exactly what actually happens. *facepalm* DUMB. It's ******** dumb! Seriously, who wrote this piece of s**t?!?[/fanboyrant]

Technically, he only said it was lot more entertaining than the Dark Knight, not necessarily better than it. But, if one considers a weak plot and a load of action extravaganza to be more entertaining, then that means two things:

1. That's just his preferable taste in movies.
2. He's a Rambo fan.

But, all in all, you're having the same argument as Bio and I had for the Dragonball movie. He doesn't mind if it's not true to form and is only faithful to the general mythology, so...  
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 8:58 am
Thee Stranger
Biohazard EXTREME
Woot! Just got back from seeing Wolverine. It was awesome. Not as awesome as it could've been. I went to see it at a crappy theatre, so it wasn't digital, and the picture was standard NTSC, and not in HD.
But I might even go see it again tomorrow at an AMC theatre and really experience it.

Dude, are you kidding me? That movie sucked. HARD. They completely ******** up EVERYTHING. They ******** up Wolverine's origin, they butchered Deadpool's character. Why they even named him Deadpool, I don't know. The script was s**t, most of the effects sucked, the story sucked. Well... there wasn't even much of a story. It's mostly just explosions and action filler with a few pauses here and there for exposition. It was stupid, silly, shallow, and poopy. That movie was horrid, horrid, HORRID! <******** that movie!

P.S. I didn't like it.

well now you know how we feel about 4 and 5. razz  

UmbraGallus

Thee Stranger

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 12:55 pm
Umm... whoever said I liked 4? I liked the gameplay, didn't like the story. I wish 4 never happened, thank you very much. And 5 isn't perfect, but I think it's about as true of a sequel as you're gonna get, and at least it ends it.

And as I said, I don't necessarily care if it's true to the mythology as long as it's... not retarded. With the exception of Deadpool, of course. There's no way I can really explain it to make you understand or empathize, but to me, as a fan of the character and someone who has read and still owns Deadpool's entire volume #1 run, it's the equivalent of changing everything that Spider-Man or Wolverine is, right down to their abilities, background, and personality. So why put the character in there in the first place? It would have made more sense to name him Garrison Kane, as the character in this movie shares more in common with him than Deadpool. Plus, nobody even knows who he is or gives a s**t about him.

I just had to get it off my chest. That was my rant, and I'm done now. The comics are way better.

I think Bio can speak for himself, but if I remember correctly, he didn't even like the Dark Knight. But anyway, if one considers weak plot, bastardization of mythology, and a mindless action extravaganza to be less entertaining, then that means two things:

1.) He's a fanboy.
2.) He prefers substance.

And Rambo has nothing to do with it. I like the Rambo movies too. I also am a big fan of action. Wolverine and Deadpool comics are very action-heavy, but they also have much better writing than this movie 9 times out of 10. This movie has cliche action. Like, age-old-as-it-gets-cliche-action. Like Wolverine walking away from an exploding helicopter all badass-like as if he didn't even notice it happened. Stupid s**t like that.

Anyway, I'm done. I didn't like it. The end.  
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 1:23 pm
I knew Rambo had nothing to do with it. That was just a joke relating to weak plots and action extravaganza. But seriously, who here isn't a Rambo fan mad ?

EDIT:

Really quick, being a fanboy of something and wanting substance from an adaption isn't a bad thing, is it?  

King of Paradise

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 6:46 pm
Well, stranger, you say Deadpool is supposed to be this and that. And I'm not an expert on X-Men, but if I remember correctly, Wolverine is supposed to be a short hairy ugly dude. Yet he's played by man candy Hugh Jackman. So obviously, except for the body hair, and the claws, he doesn't really have that much in common with what Wolverine is supposed to look like either.

Either way, I haven't read a single X-Men comic in my life, I briefly watched the 1992 cartoon, and that's pretty much it. No, Wolverine wasn't as good as Iron Man or The Incredible Hulk, but hell, it was a fine movie.
And yes, Canas and I like RE movies, does that make our opinions less valuable? That you're so damn picky about your movies, does it make you more of an intellectual or something? I can enjoy any movie that isn't boring. That's what it is. There's maybe 5 movies that I actually hated. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Vanilla Sky come to mind right away. Why? Because they're pretentious and boring.  
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 7:05 pm
Hugh Jackman makes a good Wolverine. The only thing that's inaccurate is his height. Ascetically, he's pretty spot-on. And his character, personality, and abilities are all accurate. And you're just going by appearances here. Appearance is just one complaint. And it's a fairly minor one. But they ******** up everything about Deadpool. Let's look at all the ways they raped Deadpool's character:

1. Weld his mouth shut and completely murder the idea of a "Merc with a mouth"? Check.
2. Give him the wrong powers? Check.
3. Not even bother to give him a costume? Check.
4. Baraka claws? Check.
5. Change his appearance AND scars? Check.
6. Not even TRY to give him any form of a backstory either? Check.  

Thee Stranger

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 7:12 pm
Well considering I know very little about Deadpool, I can't really comment. I mean, I knew he was way off, but still, let me see if I can find an example....
Well, since you mentioned Baraka Claws, let's got with Mortal Kombat, a franchise which I love, as you probably know.
In Mortal Kombat, Scorpion and Sub-Zero are supposed to be bitter enemies, and in the game's storyline, they fight in the tournament until Scorpion kills Sub-Zero, avenging his own death. Which I would've loved to see. But the writers of the movie decided that Shang Tsung put a spell on them or something, and made both of them his slaves, which takes one of the coolest parts of MK's mythology out. Not only that, but Sub-Zero literally didn't get a single line of text. But I'm not throwing a hissy fit over it. I focus on the positive. Like, the fact that Sub-Zero didn't speak only added an aura of mystery to his character. And overall, they took the idea of the Tournament, and made it into a plain good vs. bad. But the thing is... (cont v)  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 644 645 646 647 648 649 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games