Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
::Grill 13 Restaurant:: NEW Pictures on the Menu! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 645 646 647 648 649 650 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 7:19 pm
But the thing is... And I say this about X-Men, Dragonball, Mortal Kombat, Resident Evil, and about everything of the sort: IT DOES NOT TRY TO TIE IN DIRECTLY WITH THE ORIGINAL SOURCE.

So, even if you don't like it, you don't have to follow it. I mean, if you hated X-Men 3, it wasn't written by David Hayter, whoever wrote it did his own thing, didn't do justice to the comics, whatever. Hayter didn't write Wolverine either, so what made you think you'd like it?
Like I said, there are not a lot of movies I hate, but I usually can tell from a preview whether I'd hate the movie or not. Like, I know I'd hate Taladega Knights, or Napoleon Dynamite, or some other dumbass comedy. I know I hate pretentiously artsy movies, even if they have deep character development and stuff like that. I usually see a preview and I can tell whether I'd like it. Like, I'd probably hate "Meet the Spartans" that parody movie, but on the other hand that new "Dance Movie" actually looks funny.
Were Wolverine previews misleading?  
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 7:39 pm
Yes, but Sub Zero was still Sub Zero; Scorpion was still Scorpion. They had the same look and the same powers. Deadpool in this movie was NOT Deadpool. Virtually nothing about Deadpool in that movie is true to his comic book counter-part, while pretty much every other character in the film is. And by the end of the film, Deadpool's practically a ******** robot... with a ******** wifi brain! scream And over years and years of reading Deadpool comics, he is a much more deep, well-developed character with a deeper storyline and background than any fighting game character. So it's a lot more easy for me to get pissed off about it as opposed to them changing one minor little detail in the MK movie. A detail is not a big deal, but EVERYTHING that makes the character who he IS is. If you had read the comics, you wouldn't like it either.

And I did not go see the Wolverine movie. I saw the bootlegged version a couple weeks ago when my brother in law downloaded it illegally off of the internet. So many of the effects weren't finished. But even the ones that were sucked. Anyway, I was never expecting it to be very good. But I wasn't expecting it to be as horrid as it was either.  

Thee Stranger

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 8:03 pm
But again, Horrid is subjective. Maybe horrid to a comic book fan. Deadpool fan. But frankly, I don't care. I went to see the movie for Wolverine, and they could've called the other guy Deadpool, No-Mouth, Samurai Hands, whatever. s**t, the way he teleported around, they could've called him Albert Wesker, for all I care. The character itself was actually pretty cool I thought. So they named him Deadpool. Who cares.

I'm sure if someone ever decides to make a movie completely focused on Deadpool, they won't even think of X-Men Origins when coming up with ideas. For the purpose of the story, Deadpool was just another guy made to give Wolverine a hard time. And let's face it, with characters like Wolverine, there are only so many things that could actually give him a hard time. The man is practically immortal.

And aside from this portrayal of Deadpool, I don't see why you hate the movie so much. Personally, I saw absolutely no problem with the special effects or the overall plot. And if you didn't like the effects at least (although how could you, when you didn't see the finished product), then you're just LOOKING for things to dislike, like you do with other things, such as Resident Evil movies, etc. That's what it seems like to me. If you generally dislike something, then you'll reporgram your mind to hate EVERYTHING about it. I don't see why.  
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 9:23 pm
What's this I hear about Deadpool liking Bea Arthur?  

MadamTarantula

Thee Stranger

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 7:58 am
@ Angela: Huh? That's news to me. Must be something from his new series? I'm only familiar with the vol.#1 run, because I don't read comics anymore. But anyway, Bea would probably kick Copycat's a**. She was a Marine Drill Instructor, after all.

@ Bio: Well, obviously you are an objective viewer of this material, and I am not. They shouldn't have called that ******** guy Deadpool; they should have called him Garrison Kane, because that's practically who the ******** he is (and just as boring). And it's just as you said, Deadpool was just another guy thrown in there to give Wolverine a hard time. And this wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing, as long as they stayed true to who Deadpool is. Just as they do with Wolverine, Spider-Man, and every other goddamn comic book character they bring to the silver screen. Instead, he's just a generic, boring, run of the mill bad guy. Well, again (and again and again) that's not Deadpool. And then on top of that, they take "artistic liberties" with his character, and completely assrape every aspect of him that makes him an interesting, likable character in the first place. So while the character in this movie begins as just a mere shell of his comic book counter-part, he ultimately becomes a complete bastardization of it. As a fan, this is like a spit in the face to me. Is it so much to ask that if they're going to put Deadpool in this movie, that they deliver an accurate depiction of him? Just like they accurately depicted every other comic book character in the ******** s**t script? If you're going to do it, then do it ******** right. Christ.

No. I really don't want to see a Deadpool movie. Especially if Fox is holding the reigns. They've already raped him hard enough, leave the poor guy alone. And leave him on the comic page where he belongs, because Hollywood sure as hell isn't doing him any favors. And you could kill Wolverine easily. Either drown his a** or throw him in a vat of lava. Or do what Punisher did, and electrocute him until all his flesh fries off completely... or just have Magneto rip his skeleton out of him.

Well, it's probably because I read the comics and they're a million times better. If you'd like, I could give you the whole breakdown on Wolverine's real background, history, etc. but you obviously don't give a s**t about the comics, so I'm not going to waste my time. But mostly, the story was weak; filled with contrived plot devices and predictable plot twists. The script was cluttered, the writing was s**t, the dialogue sucked, and there just wasn't much there. When I wasn't screaming at my brother in law's computer monitor when I saw what they did to Deadpool, I was just yawning through the whole thing. It was way too cliche. And cliche is boring. It was also sublimely stupid. But I guess you're right about the effects thing. I'll give you that. And lastly... oh the irony, Bio. Hey man, at least I give the movies a chance. I give everything a shot, even if I'm pretty sure I won't like it. I don't decide that the movie sucks beforehand. I see the movie, then I opine on it. I was not expecting to hate this movie. I didn't think it would be very good, but I was not expecting to loathe it. And yes, the Deadpool thing is a very big factor here. What can I say, I'm a fanboy. And no, I'm not ashamed.  
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 9:10 am
Thee Stranger
@ Angela: Huh? That's news to me. Must be something from his new series? I'm only familiar with the vol.#1 run, because I don't read comics anymore. But anyway, Bea would probably kick Copycat's a**. She was a Marine Drill Instructor, after all.

@ Bio: Well, obviously you are an objective viewer of this material, and I am not. They shouldn't have called that ******** guy Deadpool; they should have called him Garrison Kane, because that's practically who the ******** he is (and just as boring). And it's just as you said, Deadpool was just another guy thrown in there to give Wolverine a hard time. And this wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing, as long as they stayed true to who Deadpool is. Just as they do with Wolverine, Spider-Man, and every other goddamn comic book character they bring to the silver screen. Instead, he's just a generic, boring, run of the mill bad guy. Well, again (and again and again) that's not Deadpool. And then on top of that, they take "artistic liberties" with his character, and completely assrape every aspect of him that makes him an interesting, likable character in the first place. So while the character in this movie begins as just a mere shell of his comic book counter-part, he ultimately becomes a complete bastardization of it. As a fan, this is like a spit in the face to me. Is it so much to ask that if they're going to put Deadpool in this movie, that they deliver an accurate depiction of him? Just like they accurately depicted every other comic book character in the ******** s**t script? If you're going to do it, then do it ******** right. Christ.

No. I really don't want to see a Deadpool movie. Especially if Fox is holding the reigns. They've already raped him hard enough, leave the poor guy alone. And leave him on the comic page where he belongs, because Hollywood sure as hell isn't doing him any favors. And you could kill Wolverine easily. Either drown his a** or throw him in a vat of lava. Or do what Punisher did, and electrocute him until all his flesh fries off completely... or just have Magneto rip his skeleton out of him.

Well, it's probably because I read the comics and they're a million times better. If you'd like, I could give you the whole breakdown on Wolverine's real background, history, etc. but you obviously don't give a s**t about the comics, so I'm not going to waste my time. But mostly, the story was weak; filled with contrived plot devices and predictable plot twists. The script was cluttered, the writing was s**t, the dialogue sucked, and there just wasn't much there. When I wasn't screaming at my brother in law's computer monitor when I saw what they did to Deadpool, I was just yawning through the whole thing. It was way too cliche. And cliche is boring. It was also sublimely stupid. But I guess you're right about the effects thing. I'll give you that. And lastly... oh the irony, Bio. Hey man, at least I give the movies a chance. I give everything a shot, even if I'm pretty sure I won't like it. I don't decide that the movie sucks beforehand. I see the movie, then I opine on it. I was not expecting to hate this movie. I didn't think it would be very good, but I was not expecting to loathe it. And yes, the Deadpool thing is a very big factor here. What can I say, I'm a fanboy. And no, I'm not ashamed.

Well i just think you're overreacting to all of this. :/ it's just a movie, get over it. not everyone's perfect.  

UmbraGallus

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 9:13 am
Biohazard EXTREME
What part of Jill being controlled by Wesker and being a boss, or the fact that Wesker transforms into a monster at the end is a GOOD thing about the story, Canas? And let's not forget that moment where Sheva jumps 7 feet in the air and lands on her feet, that you were so outraged about at first. What happened to that?

It's like RE4, only flipped. RE4 has a few good things and a lot of bad things. RE5 has a few bad things and a lot of good things. I never said I enjoyed the final battle. In fact, I said somewhere that I prefer not to remember it. But that's 10-15 minutes out of 10-15 hours. Sheva's inhuman hops are few and far between, thankfully. I think I saw it... four times in the game. Was I happy to see it? ******** no. But I dealt with it. Like I said. 20 seconds total out of 10-15 hours. Four 7 ft. jumps aren't gonna stop me from enjoying an enjoyable game. As for Jill's mind control device... It's all explained in her file.

Oh, that reminds me. The files in the game. If UC had one thing right, it was the files pertaining to the games. There were tons and tons of files on the T-Virus, Umbrella, their experiments, diaries, etc etc. RE5 is even more in-depth I would say. 40+ pages on more or less each character, plus files on basically every enemy, an entire... what, 50+-page timeline of RE? Sounds like a winner to me.

Thee Stranger
And lastly... oh the irony, Bio. Hey man, at least I give the movies a chance. I give everything a shot, even if I'm pretty sure I won't like it. I don't decide that the movie sucks beforehand. I see the movie, then I opine on it. I was not expecting to hate this movie.

This.

Biohazard EXTREME
And if you didn't like the effects at least (although how could you, when you didn't see the finished product), then you're just LOOKING for things to dislike, like you do with other things, such as Resident Evil movies, etc. That's what it seems like to me. If you generally dislike something, then you'll reprogram your mind to hate EVERYTHING about it.

I could say the same for you. You're just looking for reasons to hate RE5 because people who have played the game are saying the story's great, the gameplay is a fair mix with the over-the-shoulder camera and atmospheric horror, etc. And it's not like you have to pay $60 to try it. Rent it, borrow it, etc. Be informed with what you're bitching at.  
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 1:57 pm
Dude... The thing is... It's like, let's say Star Wars just came out... And you watch the first one, and you hear Empire Strikes Back is coming out. And you say, "Man, they're hinting that Vader is Luke's father. If that turns out to be true, I'll ******** hate this movie." For whatever reason. And it turns out to be true. Even if MOST of RE5 is good, which I don't believe it is. But even if most of it is good, it's got some major key factors that make it a failure in my eyes. Wesker transforming, Jill's mind control, not to mention the bird lady cape, that's just stupid. They're game killers for me. Not to mention I don't bother considering RE4 canon, so then, what's the point of playing RE5 where Chris is all like, "This reminds me of those things Leon was talking about."
(cont v)  

Biohazard EXTREME

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 2:03 pm
And no, Canas, I don't look for every excuse to hate it. As a personal rule of mine, I can say 3 good things about everything I hate. In case of RE5 it would probably be the graphics, the T-Virus monsters, and the funz gameplay. But you know what? That's BY FAR not enough to save this game. The fact is, the series went in a completely wrong direction, and I don't want to acknowledge that. I want to remember the series the way I actually liked it. So no, I'm not gonna rent it and remind myself what Capcom's done to my once favorite game series. Even though I know that if I did, I'd hate it and find a million reasons to, and probably convert some RE5 lovers. But you know what? I don't give a damn anymore. I'm not here to lead a movement or some crap like that. There's plenty of good games out there, and frankly, I don't feel like I'm missing out one bit. Honest.  
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 2:04 pm
In Umbrella We Trust
Well i just think you're overreacting to all of this. :/ it's just a movie, get over it. not everyone's perfect.

Think what you like. I'm well over it.

Anyway, Deadite, how you diggin' Chrono Trigger? I just got the DS version about a week ago, but I haven't got to the new content yet.  

Thee Stranger

King of Paradise

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 3:26 pm
Thee Stranger
In Umbrella We Trust

Think what you like. I'm well over it.

Anyway, Deadite, how you diggin' Chrono Trigger? I just got the DS version about a week ago, but I haven't got to the new content yet.

I can't wait to play it, but I'm an one RPG at a time type of guy, so I'm not touching it until I beat FFXII.

[EDIT] I'm more than halfway through RE2 on Normal, and I still think RE4 on Professional was more challeneging. Other then the beginning (Where I was repeatedly owned), I've been able to breeze through the RPD and Sewers. Is there a harder difficulty you can unlock?  
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 3:45 pm
Are you picking up First Aid Spays? Because that's gonna lower your rank. I never pick them up. It's more challenging and more fun that way. Honestly, I pretty much trained myself to ignore them in RE2 and RE3.

That and you can try beating the game without saving. That's always fun.

But none of that is meat compared to REmake's Real Survival and Invisible Enemy modes. And RE0's Hard Mode which is like trying to rape a pencil sharpener.  

Biohazard EXTREME

King of Paradise

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 5:05 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Are you picking up First Aid Spays? Because that's gonna lower your rank. I never pick them up. It's more challenging and more fun that way. Honestly, I pretty much trained myself to ignore them in RE2 and RE3.

My biggest pet peeves in video games is time limits, for I like to take my sweet a** time doing whatever I need to do without the worry and aggravation of being rushed, which is why I'll never achieve an S,A, or B rank in 2 and 3 (Or any other RE game for that matter). I picked up the two first aid sprays that I ran into, but I have yet needed to use them. Will just picking them up lower my rank? Or do I have to use them for that to happen? Eh, it won't matter anyways. I'm not going to complete the game in less than two and a half hours anyways.

That and you can try beating the game without saving. That's always fun.

Err...That's not for me. But I admire you for achieving this. If I were to ever die in that no save run (Especially towards the end), I would probably go ballistic on my Wii ha ha...I'm an angry gamer. =(. Plus, I'm not one for sitting down and playing for two to five hours straight...

But none of that is meat compared to REmake's Real Survival and Invisible Enemy modes. And RE0's Hard Mode which is like trying to rape a pencil sharpener.

Rape a pencil sharpener? Lol. Yeah...I don't think I'll ever become hardcore enough to achieve that. (...The game modes that is, not the raping of the...Ehh, nevermind)

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 8:45 pm
Hmm... You know what's interesting. I don't tend to think of it as a time limit, I tend to think of it as efficiency optimizer. It's about planning all your moves, (including which items to store, withdraw, etc. and which zombies to avoid and how) ahead of time.

You know, I don't think I ever finished RE2 without saving. I'm pretty sure I ended up dying. And yes, I went ballistic. But dammit I tried. It was right near the end, too.

Okay, I maybe exaggerating, I think I have a higher chance beating RE0 on hard mode than successfully raping a pencil sharpener. I'd need one big sharpener for one thing! *cough*
But the only time I play Remake on Normal or Hard mode anymore is if I'm trying to rewatch the storyline and check out the cinematics, etc. Otherwise, it's always Real Survival, for me. I think I only beat Invisible Enemy mode like, twice. I do that when I want to see that special congratulations screen.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Alkaizer87

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 8:27 am
Yeah I'm not that brave to to do all that other modes. I would have to literally write down where every monster is, and then go play. Also write down where every item is and how many.  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 645 646 647 648 649 650 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games