Welcome to Gaia! ::

International Music

Back to Guilds

There's music all around the world! 

Tags: Music, Popular, International, Cultural, Chat 

Reply ♪ Roleplay
Boarding School For the Gifted~ Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kitsoenix

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:14 pm
"no, there wasnt alot of time to be a kid, but i still wouldnt have it any other way. its my path, and im sticking to it for as long as i can." Rakata said truthfully. "it also occurs to me that it was more fun this way. i was trained well, but they never went overboard with it. if i couldnt do something, they would have me move on and tackle it a bit later." he said with a bit of a grin.
"thanks. not many people could have said that." Rakata responded. he checked the status on the scanning again. 45% completed. excellent. he tapped away at a few lines of code to rout more time to the scanner, hoping to cut down the time until completion. the bar blinked and reloaded 30% every 15 minutes. "good. i got things sped up a bit." he stated out loud with a touch of satisfaction.,  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:12 pm
((I *think* it's better now... Let's hope!))

TJ laughed as well, and grinned up at him from her seat on the floor. "Well, you know chicks dig scars," she said with a shrug. "But if you really don't like them, you don't have to worry about them anymore, 'cause you've got me-- a walking, talking med kit. How cool is that?" She laughed again, although even as she spoke she felt a touch of self-induced bitterness; much of the time, she found that healing was really the only thing she was good at.

The Night Faery

Kitsoenix

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:34 am
Rakata laughed. his brothers had told him the same thing, and he'd seen from a 3rd person view the results. but now he was living it too.
"dont feel angry at yourself, TJ. look at it this way, if you hadnt healed me a few weeks ago after i went berserk, i probably wouldnt be talking to you right now." he told her. he cast off a reassuring aura onto TJ, hoping to cheer her up a bit.

((yay fixed!!! and pg 64 seems to be un-FUBAR'd for the most part.))  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:54 pm
((Whee! That's exciting. I was worried that whoever stumbled across 64 would just be like... wha..? o_O What a strange, disconnected storyline! haha..))

TJ scrunched up her nose as an odd feeling washed over her and she suddenly found herself slightly happier than she had been minutes before. "I guess that's true," she said with a nod. "You remember the last time the school got attacked? When Alex... you know. Died. Well, I blacked out in the middle of it, and woke up hours later on top of his grave. I kind of had a mental breakdown then-- I guess it was just the fact that I could have saved him if I had been there."

She drew her knees up to her chest. "Well, if I really helped that much, I'm glad I was there with you. I barely even knew Alex... if you hadn't survived back there, I don't even know what I would've done."

The Night Faery

Kitsoenix

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:05 pm
"it'll take more than guys armed with AK-47s to take me down. beside, even if they manage to get a shot off at me, chances are that they will be more deterrent shots than anything meant t o hit me." he told her. "plus, if they are able to somehow capture, and disarm me, i have a 7 inch butterfly knife stashed away." with that, he flexed his left arm, and felt to knife fall into his palm. he tossed it with a practiced ease to his right, and with a flourish, it flew open. and if to prove his point, he folded it, tossed it back to his left hand, and sent it back up his sleeve in less than a second.
"like i said. im prepared for just about anything, though i'd prefer not to put my skill to use. which brings me to my second thought of leaving the military, and leading the most normal life possible." Rakata said to TJ. he checked the scanning progress again. 75 percent completed.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:33 pm
((Eek! Sorry sorry sorry!!))

TJ smiled with surprised amusement as he withdrew the astonishingly large but well concealed butterfly knife. She felt an odd, almost inexplicable burst of pride as she watched him, and she realized that it was simply because she was friends with someone so amazing.

Her eyes widened with his last sentence. "Leaving?" she said, making a pitiful attempt to hide her surprise. She had known from the start that he didn't enjoy hurting others, but she hadn't realized what he would give up for it. "Well," she added, "I suppose you've effectively already gone through an entire career track with the military. But--" She leaned forward on one hand, tucking her legs beneath her again. "How could our lives be normal? What is normal?"

The Night Faery

Kitsoenix

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 3:20 am
((same here. school is a pain sometimes.))

"im not sure what normal is. i just know that its not a part of my life at the moment." he told her, a bit of asad shadow casting over his face.
"but i hope it will be one day. yes, i have served nearly 12 years in the military, and i cant undo the things ive done, the most i want to make out of it is to protect the ones i care about most." Rakata mentioned, the shadow lifting.
a tone emitted from the computer. and Rakata looked at the status bar 100% completed.
"good, its done scanning." he remarked, smiling.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:10 am
TJ returned the slightly sad smile. She carried a few traces of doubt in her mind, and couldn't help but wonder as to who he meant by those he cared about most. She dearly hoped she was included in the group.

"Well," she said, and her smile dropped any traces of a troubled mind. "Since the scan's finished, maybe we can start the path to normalcy by going out for pizza?"

The Night Faery

Kitsoenix

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 5:16 pm
"great idea." Rakata said. he shut down his computer and locked it behind a myraid of security passes. and grabbed the keys to his car off the desk.
"lets go. im getting hungry." he told TJ.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:38 am
"Me too," TJ said, breaking into a full grin as she pushed herself up onto her knees and then to her feet. "I don't think we've eaten since... Egypt? Before then? I don't even remember."

She bent down to scratch Ryth's head and straightened up again, heading out the door. She paused in the doorway and turned around, leaning against the frame as she waited for Rakata. She wasn't sure she wanted to admit it, merely because it would go against her character, but she was excited.

The Night Faery

Kitsoenix

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:24 pm
((well, my week was certainly *ahem* interesting. lets just leave it at, im glad to get by to my cyber life. burning_eyes ))

Rakata walked out the hall and went to the parking lot. his car was parked near the school, but far enough away for people not to notice it right off hand. he opened the door and popped a Breaking Benjamin CD into the reader. and set the volume at a comfortable level. he looked around for TJ. not seeing her, he revved the engine and brought the car around the front of the school to pick her up there.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:45 pm
(( I HAVENT BEEN ON IN AGES!! OMG SO MUCH TO REEAADDD AND YOU AND TJ are still not back? Holy mother of pearl! lolz anyway, no one goes on here anymore- its a desserted thread-poor thread D: maybe i can get samantha to get on more- anyway I cant say anything-but hi and hope u hada nice break ^^))  

MajikBooBear

The Night Faery

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:49 am
((Hey, happy new year to all! Boo, we actually are back at the school at the moment, but not for long --we're going out for pizza. XD

Shadow, I won't ask questions, so I suppose all I can say (besides Oh Noes!!) is I hope everything got sorted out okay and you didn't break any bones....))

TJ had followed Rakata as soon as he had passed her in the doorway, but he moved faster than anyone she knew, even in everyday situations, and lost her pretty quickly. She sighed, though she wore a faint smile, and hopped down the stairs to the front, past the information and student aid desk, and pushed open one of the double doors.

When she descended the concrete steps, she looked at the car and threw up her hands with a laugh. Rakata was already waiting for her. She pulled open the passenger door and ducked inside. "I don't even want to know how you move that fast," she laughed, shaking her head. "Oh, I love these guys!" she added excitedly as she recognized Ben Burnley's smooth voice, and turned her smile on Rakata. "I'm liking you better and better by the minute."

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:20 am
((no broken bones. not yet at least. what happened was that I nearly impaled myself on the business end of a fallen tree while 3-wheeling. funtastic.))

Rakata visibly missed a beat at TJ's last comment. not sure how to respond to it, he just kept driving.
"thanks." he said at last. "when your in a combat scenario, you learn to move quickly, or else your going to get hit. now its just habit. the fight isn't over up here" he said tapping the side of his head. the place they were going was clear on the other side of town, and it took them nearly a half hour to get there through traffic, but they finally arrived. and Rakata hut the engine off, and stepped out of the car, and locked it behind him.  

Kitsoenix

Dapper Lunatic

The Night Faery

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:56 pm
((Aah! O_O Not fun!))

TJ felt the awkward silence even before it came, but that didn't stop her from blushing in the time between her words and Rakata's. She swallowed her embarrassment and nodded as he spoke, glad that he'd had the presence of mind to disregard her slip-up. She didn't meet his eyes again during the trip across town; instead, she looked out the window at the cars, passing or stopping. Not too many pedestrians. When she climbed out of the car and stepped onto the curb, she looked at the sky and murmured, "I wish it would rain again."

♪ Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff