Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
::Grill 13 Restaurant:: NEW Pictures on the Menu! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 652 653 654 655 656 657 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 12:19 am

Games like No More Heroes and Mad World are nice if you already have a Wii, sure, but I wouldn't call them killer apps. That's the thing, there isn't a game for the Wii that I think is worth owning the system for.
I had my hopes up for UC, but man, I have never been so horribly wrong in my life.

Same with Xbox 360, it's got some nice titles like Gears of War, but those are the titles you end up getting because you own the Xbox, I don't see anyone buying the Xbox just because of Gears of War. MGS4 sold the PS3 for me. It was the one game that wasn't on both consoles, and it was my killer app. Yes, I bought the PS3 long before MGS4 came out, but that was because I got a good deal. I already knew that all the games I really wanted would be out for it.

The biggest problem I have is not with the 360 itself, but with people saying crap like, "I bought the 360 because it's cheaper."
When you compare the two, you really get a lot more for your buck with the PS3. For $399 you get the gaming system which is reliable and won't break down on you 30% of the time, with 160 gig hard drive, and a Blu-Ray player. With the Xbox 360, the only way it's cheaper is if you buy the 60 gig or the Arcade version, and both of them not only lack hard drive space, but the only way you can play HD movies on them is if you buy a $100 add on, and the movie medium has been discontinued anyway.

So, in essence, the 360, really isn't cheaper. You just get more with your PS3.

I don't really know what you mean by "sharper output". The PS3 is well capable of 1080p visuals. Just because most developers suck at pulling it off... Like I said, MGS4 is a perfect example of what the system is capable of, and it matches or surpasses the 360 in pretty much every way. Yes, the PS3 is more difficult to program for, that's why all the simultaneous releases on the both systems usually provide 1080 support for the 360, but not the PS3. But frankly, I think that's just the developers not putting enough work into it.

That's partially why I'm so intrigued with FFXIII even though I've been so disenchanted with the company. They're optimizing it for the PS3, THEN they're gonna see what they can do for the 360. Whereas with other companies, what you see on the PS3, you might as well just consider a port.

But even then. If people do care about the HD resolution as much as they say, then they should know that the extra money is worh for a Blu-Ray player. I mean, I went to see a movie at a theatre, and it was using old school projectors, with NTSC resolution, instead of the digital projectors that most theatres have these days, that show it in 1080p. So I went to see it, and it looked BLURRY as hell, I had a hard time enjoying myself, I did. Which is a testament to, "Once you go HD that's where you wanna be."
I just made that up, but you get my point. I have never enjoyed action movies as much as when I watched them in HD.
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 9:23 am

@Canas: You like gory, violent games, don't you? Ha ha, it's alright. So do I. No More Heroes ******** kicks a**! (Hooray for a sequel!) And I can't wait to get MadWorld.

Hey, are you going to get The Conduit? If so, we should chill some time online and kick some alien a**.

@Bio: I bought Twilight Princess three months before I even had a Wii lol. Yeah, since I'm a Zelda nut, that will always persuade me to buy a Nintendo system.

I'm choosing the PS3 for numerous reasons, but mostly for the library. I prefer it's over the Xbox 360's.

King of Paradise

Thee Stranger

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 3:15 pm

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 3:43 pm

LMAONADE
He should send that video to Capcom, they might wanna cast him as a voice actor in a future RE game. Since that seems like the kinds of voices they prefer to put in RE games these days.

Biohazard EXTREME

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 5:29 pm

^ Let's not forget Alfred there, Bio. Or Steve, for that matter.

And... that man honestly frightened me. Like, I don't want to sleep tonight 'cause all I'm gonna dream about is that guy holding me at knifepoint. "WILL YOU SIGN THE PARCHMENT OF HOPE, OR CRUMBLE INTO OBLIVION WITH YOUR DAMNED SQUARE-ENIX?!" crying
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 5:33 pm

Bah, he's not so bad. I'm never frightened by a guy whose bones I can snap easier than a pair of chopsticks.

Biohazard EXTREME

Thee Stranger

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 6:54 pm

The guy's a troll. He's making fun of console fanboys.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UmvN8nUbyk
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 10:20 am

Quote:
Ok now you're pulling it more than it has to since this is the wrong thread. Also I said 'game', not official game. Making it from an RPG maker and then making it into a cd htat's a game, but not official recognized, but it's still a game.
If you're gonna label it as a game, then I can label every single homemade thing into a game. I don't even consider Gary's Mod a game. Look, in the purest sense, yes, you can say, "What game are you playing?" "I'm playing Mugen." But if one says, "List the games that have Jill in them," and you say, "Let's see, RE1, RE3, Marvel vs. Capcom, Mugen..." No, you can't say that, because... Even if Mugen was a game... It's a game with no characters, and no levels, and any levels and characters that are in it are homebrewed mods. So even if it's a 'game', it's not, "A game that features Jill, Akuma, Sub-Zero, Morrigan," etc. So if I list all the games where you fight Jill, RE5 and Marvel vs. Capcom are the only two.

Biohazard EXTREME

King of Paradise

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 2:10 pm

Just bought the 70th anniversary re-release of Pinocchio on DVD. My favorite Disney movie, and I rekindled with my inner youth last night...Which I just remembered was a frightening one ha ha. Seriously. Pinocchio has some of the scariest and demented villains in Disney history in it: Honest John, Stromboli, the Coachman, Monstro...All terrifying. Not to mention it has unsuitably mature themes: Cursing, smoking, drinking, sex...And kids being turned into jackasses to be sold off to the work the rest of their lives in a mine could turn any naughty boy straight ha ha.

What are you're favorite Disney movies? (If you have any...)

Second Fav: The Lion King
Third Fav: The Great Mouse Detective
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 2:37 pm

My favorite has always been, and always will be Aladdin. I just absolutely love that movie for some reason...

2nd: The Lion King
3rd: Mulan or The Aristocats

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

King of Paradise

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 2:59 pm

Canas Renvall
My favorite has always been, and always will be Aladdin. I just absolutely love that movie for some reason...

2nd: The Lion King
3rd: Mulan or The Aristocats

Aladdin is my 6th fav. Yes, I have a top ten list ha ha. The sad thing is, I haven't seen most of the Disney animated films, so I'm going to start tackling them one at a time...And by then, my list could totally change...Though I doubt my top three will change...

See, I haven't seen Mulan or The Aristocats. But yeah for having The Lion King as # 2 too ha ha.
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 3:45 pm

1. Lion King
2. A Goofie Movie
I don't have a number 3, there's just too many. Aladdin, Robin Hood, Great Mouse Detective all used to be my favorite at some point. Although Pinnochio was awesome, it actually comes from an old story, (Italian in origin, I'm guessing) that's been changed from culture to culture and the Russian version of the story blows the American out of the water.

Biohazard EXTREME

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 5:53 pm

Oh, I totally forgot about A Goofy Movie! That's a great movie! ...I can't remember if it's that one or a different one. The one where Max and Goofy go on a cross-country road trip, right? Goofy's taking them fishing, but Max wants to go to a concert?

Gah, my list changed. xd

1: Aladdin
2: The Lion King
3: A Goofy Movie

And the sequel to A Goofy Movie is really good, too. Where Max goes to college. razz

Also, good news! For $63 at Gamestop, thanks to a nice 20% off used PS3 games deal + my Edge card (an extra 10% off), I picked up Alone in the Dark Inferno (reg. used $1 cool and MGS4 (reg. used $40). Then, before I can play MGS4, of course I have to get all the background knowledge I can. Owning and having beaten MGS1, of course I had to fill the gaps so I got MGS2: Substance (reg. used $12.99) and MGS3: Snake Eater (reg. used $9.99). I wanted Subsistence, but they didn't have it. Ah well, I got the goods anyway. Gonna start MGS2 tonight! biggrin
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 6:09 pm

Apparently, Lion King is the s**t.

Disney animated has been going downhill since Home on the Range. Brother Bear was their last good main canon feature (But even then it was going downhill, cuz Atlantis and Lilo and Stitch sucked), but I'm hoping The Princess and the Frog can change that. I think Disney should just stick to traditional animation, and leave the CGI stuff to Pixar...

EDIT: Atlantis and Lilo and Stitch was OK (Ha ha), but the reason I didn't like them that much was because I didn't like the new period Disney was entering. But that being said, Home on the Range still sucked, and I still prefer their animated over their CGI flicks.

King of Paradise

Elliot Salem

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 6:28 pm

Well, I guess I'll name my Top 3 and then vanish for another long period of time, only posting when I feel like.

1. The Lion King, come on, it's just one of those movies.
2. One Hundred and One Dalmatians, I'm a dog lover, what can I say?
3. The Sword in the Stone, I don't know, I just like it.

I like a bunch of Disney movies and well, I'd watch them, but I'd feel like too much of a kid. But hey, I guess that wouldn't be all that bad.
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 652 653 654 655 656 657 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games