Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Back to Guilds

Dedicated to bringing Chinese and friends from all over the world together. 

Tags: China, Chinese, friendship, Culture 

Reply *~ International Chinese Unite ~*
~*~ ICU Chatterbox ~*~ Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 652 653 654 655 656 657 ... 793 794 795 796 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Minielf

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:54 am

Still, I'd hate to be a person living in China right now. The whole nation of 1.3 billion people is probably mourning his dramatic withdrawal like it mourned the deaths of its former leaders Mao and Deng.

To give an Australian example, it'd be like if Cathy Freeman had stumbled during the 400m final at the Sydney Olympics and tripped over, or ended running off the track due to her famous 'body suit' malfunctioning. That is the magnitude of Liu's sudden departure is like to his fellow countrymen.

EDIT: Great Britain's still third-it's got 12 gold medals now. I think half of its gold medals have come from rowing. ninja
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 4:59 am

cold_blooded_chick
You go to an all girls school too? Yay for single sex public schools! xd

But I think my school's a bit nicer, you bump into someone in the hall way, and no matter whose fault it is, both girls apologise.

Both Niph and I go to private all girls' schools. Actually, in defence of my school, we have nice girls. Appearance-wise, anyway. Deep down, most of them are evil people. ninja Yush. But no, we're all very, very polite, and you know the drill. I mean, we can't have chavvy girls at my school - we're like, fifth best in the country. They'd be expelled, for sure. Oh, my friend did get expelled in second year... Then again, she threw a chair at a teacher, and that really was the end of her school career here. sweatdrop

And I agree with Niph; he is just one man. I know he's a great symbol, but still... I feel for him. All that pressure on his shoulders and he gets forced out from injury, it's a big shame.

As for GB's lead... WOOOOO~ 4laugh

@Mini: No, not just from rowing, though that was one of their strong events (China managed to get the women's four skull gold though, yaaay). We've also dominated in the cycling and Rebecca Adlington helped in swimming with her two golds. GB have done better than ever this time. Oh, the other one we've done really well in is sailing. Those are, after all, our strong events. mrgreen

Chibito7

cold_blooded_chick

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:12 am

Chibito7

Both Niph and I go to private all girls' schools. Actually, in defence of my school, we have nice girls. Appearance-wise, anyway. Deep down, most of them are evil people. ninja Yush. But no, we're all very, very polite, and you know the drill. I mean, we can't have chavvy girls at my school - we're like, fifth best in the country. They'd be expelled, for sure.

Oh, so you're both form fancy pants private schools. rolleyes

Yeah, girls are ALL evil inside. Truly evil because we always appear as innocent little school girls with neat uniforms and folders. I was telling my friend the other day, we may be bitches, but we're always polite. 3nodding

In other tragic news, even more so than Liu Xiang, I filled in one of my medical school applications wrong and now I'm "Ms ****" whose gender is male! gonk
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:40 am

^ lol

Do the asterisks mean you wrote your name as a curseword or just that you don't want us to know your real name?

Tokioka

t0shi0
Crew

Receiver

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:26 am

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

LOL@Fancy pants schools.

@Olympic topic.

Yay. :'D

Canada finally won some medals.

Proving we're not a useless nation. Just pretty close to it. > 3>
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:52 pm

cold_blooded_chick
Chibito7

Both Niph and I go to private all girls' schools. Actually, in defence of my school, we have nice girls. Appearance-wise, anyway. Deep down, most of them are evil people. ninja Yush. But no, we're all very, very polite, and you know the drill. I mean, we can't have chavvy girls at my school - we're like, fifth best in the country. They'd be expelled, for sure.

Oh, so you're both form fancy pants private schools. rolleyes

Yeah, girls are ALL evil inside. Truly evil because we always appear as innocent little school girls with neat uniforms and folders. I was telling my friend the other day, we may be bitches, but we're always polite. 3nodding

In other tragic news, even more so than Liu Xiang, I filled in one of my medical school applications wrong and now I'm "Ms ****" whose gender is male! gonk

Muahahaha! rofl rofl That's hilarious. Are they going to think you're some sort of she-male? blaugh Ah well, they'll probably have the sense to realize you made a mistake.

@Tosh: I wouldn't have expected Canada to win a lot of medals. They are a snow-covered country after all, so they would absolutely dominate the Winter Olympics, but suck at the Summer ones.

Minielf

t0shi0
Crew

Receiver

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:49 pm

We. Are. Not. Always. Covered. By. Snow.

> A>
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:30 am

t0shi0

> A>

What is that? Some sort of new age poetry on existentialisms...?

And i did the asterix cos my exposing one's real name on the internet is like one of the biggest social taboos in our modern age of internet.

cold_blooded_chick

wiim
Crew

Invisible Shapeshifter

7,400 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Cart Raider 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:09 am

cold_blooded_chick
t0shi0

> A>

And i did the asterix cos my exposing one's real name on the internet is like one of the biggest social taboos in our modern age of internet.
Real names are the least of our worries, if you want to talk about Internet identity security. We've been recorded and tracked so many ways that names are pretty much irrelevant. confused
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:32 am

User Image

We need to throw wiim a coming-back party <33

I'm glad you came darling (:

Niphz
Crew

Chibito7

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:48 am

It's wiim! *points* eek

(Though actually, I've rarely ever spoken to you before. I think my head believes you're some sort of ICU legend. Or maybe I'm going crazy? or jsut even crazier. mrgreen )

@cbc: Oh s**t. Toki and Niph are gonna track me down and kill me because I just tabooed so badly. gonk ninja Them and all my other close Internet friends.

*prods you* And don't call our school fancy-pants. *pokes Toki* Or posh. =P

But seriously; everyone reveals their first names online. I never reveal my surname unless by accident or I really trust that person, but they have no need to know anyway. *shrug*

And cbc, you're a girl? Gosh, I had no idea. ninja
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:25 am

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Don't we already know CBC's name?
o 3o;;
(Also, I don't know what existentialisms is. OTL)

It's wiiim-chaaan~
The ICU reunion is really coming together~
:'D

t0shi0
Crew

Receiver

Minielf

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:03 pm

cold_blooded_chick
t0shi0

> A>

What, revealing our true names is a social taboo? Then we've all been guilty of it. I'm pretty sure Niph, Sin, Tosh, Yalie, B&B, Toki and a few other regulars have revealed their real names, as I have I. Plus, it's not like your name is the biggest safeguard of your identity. In this modern age I'd say your email address is the most important. Give someone your email or MSN account name and they'll have easy access to your privacy.

PS: OMG it's Wiim!!! eek eek That's a face I haven't seen in a long time.
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:12 am

Wait, Tosh knows my name and B&B thought I was a guy?!?! neutral

And the name revealing thing, it's probably not taboo, I used too strong a word. But the very reason you have friends on social networking groups online is so that you don't have show your real self!

cold_blooded_chick

t0shi0
Crew

Receiver

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:33 am

Didn't people always call you by name,

Before your departure?

@___@;;
*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 652 653 654 655 656 657 ... 793 794 795 796 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games