Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Back to Guilds

Dedicated to bringing Chinese and friends from all over the world together. 

Tags: China, Chinese, friendship, Culture 

Reply *~ International Chinese Unite ~*
~*~ ICU Chatterbox ~*~ Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 654 655 656 657 658 659 ... 793 794 795 796 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Chibito7

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 7:29 am

xd @Mini. Agreed. 3nodding

China hit the 100 medal mark, which is great. USA only have ten more, and they've fifteen or so gold medals behind China, so woo~ 4laugh C;est fantastique indeed.

Just finished catching the end of the closing ceremony; everything looks set to go for London 2012. Can't wait. =D
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 5:04 pm

Aww, I missed the closing ceremony. I WAS AT CHURCH. O__O'
Any good?

@B&B: lol, I think that 'Chibi' name suits you. And thus, she was renamed. surprised *magics*

And what sort of ideas are you talking about? I'm a good christian boy now. razz

@Mini: Yep, china kicked a** this year. Did anybody hear about the controversy regarding He Kexin's age? Sounds like conspiracy against us... stressed

Tokioka

Minielf

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:26 pm

The closing ceremony was awesome. Maybe not as big or spectacular as the Opening Ceremony but then again it didn't need to be. The two centrepieces of the night were the initial array of drummers, dancers, unicyclists and pogo jumpers and the huge central tower that later opened into what appeared to be a gigantic flower. I must say when I saw those petals unfold I was gobsmacked; I've never seen such a stark image in my life before.

The London portion of the ceremony was kind of funny. I'm not sure what to make of the logo, but a transforming Double-Decker Bus is the best thing ever. And of course, when Beckham appeared and kicked the soccer ball into the stadium, I LOL'ed really hard. xd

Finally, it was great to see Led Zeppelin, Placindo Domingo, the UK Pop Idol winner and even Jackie Chan(?) take to the stage sing.
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:00 pm

@chibi: i'm too lazy to write b&B XD but yeah, i've had voice convos with niph before. but yeah, I don't allow many people on my msn chat list. I have like a total of 7 right now.

mymiridon

cold_blooded_chick

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:09 pm

Tokioka
Aww, I missed the closing ceremony. I WAS AT CHURCH. O__O'
Quote:

*gasp* Blasphemer!!! scream
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:11 pm

Minielf
The closing ceremony was awesome....Finally, it was great to see Led Zeppelin, Placindo Domingo, the UK Pop Idol winner and even Jackie Chan(?) take to the stage sing.

I was like WTF when Beckham kicked the ball - thought he was going to do something fancier. But the dude who caught the ball looked happy.

Also the bus, I jusy yelled out "transformer" really loudly and my parents thought I was high.

And where was Led Zeppelin? The dude who played the guitar?

cold_blooded_chick

mymiridon

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:34 pm

led zepplin is a band's name.
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:06 am

talk2hand @ Toki. You? A 'good Christian boy'. Please. Don't make me laugh. Seriously?

And what's this about He Kexin's age?

And I'm being renamed Chibi now. gonk Niph, where are you to stop this blasphemy?!

Chibito7

wiim
Crew

Invisible Shapeshifter

7,400 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Cart Raider 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:10 am

Chibito7
It's wiim! *points* eek

...you're some sort of ICU legend...
A legend, eh?? OK, I'll go with that! 3nodding
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:25 am

The closing ceremony was pretty! With all those dancing women making pathways for the weird round unicycle things. And the memory tower at the end with the flower...
The fireworks were really good as well ^.^

I think the London 2012 logo was quite nice, actually.
My mum didn't get it at all and she just said "what's with all those weird shapes?" And i was like ".............................2012." And she went "huh? i don't see anything." and i had to go in front of the TV and point it out to her stare .

Hmm... I might go and see some of the London olympics.

Sphenni

Friendly Lunatic

Tokioka

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:44 am

So I missed the transforming bus eh? A small price to pay for eternal salvation. xd lol

*drags CBC into church* ninja
*molests* ninja

@Chibi: Apparently He Kexin (chinese gymnast) is actually only 14 years old, 16 being the legal age of olympic competitors. It's all here.

She does look awfully young tbh... growth hormone suppression comes to mind. rolleyes
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:40 pm

@toki: I doubt any religion can save you lol. XD

@chibi: but chibi is really cute. It's really really really cute... Like ohno satoshi cute *blush* and that's really cute, much more than asian cute.

gyah!! I want to see the closing ceremony!!

mymiridon

Princess Rhode
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:29 pm

i missed the closing ceremony.
was too busy watching rove and dexter.
:'D
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:24 pm

I missed most of it~ u 3u
Then England had their thing, and I lost interest.
LOL SORRY UKIANS.

t0shi0
Crew

Receiver

Minielf

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:13 pm

Princess Rhode

i missed the closing ceremony.
was too busy watching rove and dexter.
:'D

WHAT? You think Rove and Dexter were better quality television than the Closing Ceremony?! eek Shame on you Sin! It doesn't matter if they're awesome shows most of the time, the Closing ceremony is a once in four years event. And Beijing's will probably never be bettered. I don't think London 2012 will match the 2008 Olympics in any shape or form.

@B&B: Lol, everyone's calling you Chibito now. I think it's stuck. Don't worry, I'll still call you B&B. blaugh
*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 654 655 656 657 658 659 ... 793 794 795 796 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games