Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
::Grill 13 Restaurant:: NEW Pictures on the Menu! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 655 656 657 658 659 660 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MadamTarantula

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 12:17 am
@Deadite: My Name is Earl was canceled? That's a shame. I saw some episodes and they were good. I had heard talk of them possibly canceling the Sarah Connor series, so I'm not surprised by that actually. sweatdrop

@Stranger: So, you have a PS3? You need to hang out on Home with me and Bio sometime.

@Bio: There, there. *hug*  
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 12:24 am
Well, maybe if I manage to find the time and inspiration, I'll just write a big fanfiction to conclude Sarah Connor Chronicles in my own vision. But still... Man... So many good shows get canceled. The Black Donnellys, Raines, Drive were all awesome for the few episodes they lasted, that was a depressing 2007. I was hoping that since Chronicles got past one season, it would pick up.
If they cancel Mad Men, I'll boycot CSI. I'm already boycotting 24. Those shows overstayed their welcome.  

Biohazard EXTREME

MadamTarantula

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 12:26 am
Biohazard EXTREME
Well, maybe if I manage to find the time and inspiration, I'll just write a big fanfiction to conclude Sarah Connor Chronicles in my own vision. But still... Man... So many good shows get canceled. The Black Donnellys, Raines, Drive were all awesome for the few episodes they lasted, that was a depressing 2007. I was hoping that since Chronicles got past one season, it would pick up.
If they cancel Mad Men, I'll boycot CSI. I'm already boycotting 24. Those shows overstayed their welcome.

Were those Canadian exclusive shows? I've never heard of them. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 12:32 am
Well, the first two were NBC shows, and the second one was a Fox show, so I wasn't surprised those bastards canceled them. But no, they weren't Canadian shows. Raines starred Jeff Goldblum, who played a police detective who investigates murders, and the victims talk to him. They're not ghosts, he's just kinda, hallucinating I guess, but he realizes it. But it's all from his own perception, so he'll see the victim, and without knowing much about them, he'll see them one way, but then, he'll find out something new about them, and then he'll see them completely differently. It was a very interesting hook. And there's was a deeper backstory to it, too, but they never had a chance to get into it. Episode 7 was the last one that aired.

Drive was kinda like a more intense version of the movie "Rat Race" and it was all in cars. But it had a great cast of characters for the 4 episodes that it lasted.

Black Donnelly's was about an Irish family which gets involved with the mafia. It was a really good show, and they actually finished the season and released it on DVD with the unaired episodes and everything, but I haven't had a chance to pick it up yet. I will though.

Hmm... What are the chances that Sarah Connor Chronicles is gonna pull a Serenity and make a movie that would conclude the series? Can I hang onto that hope for at least a couple of years? Please?  

Biohazard EXTREME

YinYangSpider

Athlete

4,325 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Medalist 100
  • Athlete 50
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 12:37 am
I'm can't believe it! I'm finally graduating college! mrgreen  
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 12:39 am
@YinYang: Congrats! 3nodding

@Bio: Raines sounds familiar, or at least the concept does. I probably just saw an ad and didn't think about it that much after.

BTW, there's a new Resistance area on Home along with another hangout area in the main section. It looks awesome!  

MadamTarantula

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 12:44 am
Well, the show was awesome. Man, those three shows came out at the same time, too, so it was like, one week one gets canceled, then I watch another one get canceled, and then another one. It was like... Beating me down and spitting on me. So I'm really, really hoping that AMC aren't assholes life fox and nbc (I refuse to capitalize them) and Mad Men will stay on TV.

Oh yeah, I have the access to the USB keyboard again, so I can totally do home now. You know, not tonight, I'm going to bed pretty soon, but in general.  
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 12:51 am
From what I know AMC has barely started making shows compared to other networks, so I think they won't be as harsh.

I don't mind not hanging out on Home tonight. My husband had to call out before work because he got sick, so I'm on nurse duty. 3nodding  

MadamTarantula

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 1:10 am
Man, everyone's getting sick now. I have a sore throat myself. I can't sing. CAN'T SING!! I get depressed when I can't sing. It's getting better, little by little, though.

Well, I'll be totally down for hanging out on Home after the weekend, then I can tell you all about my very first Anime convention experience. They're having a Silent Hill panel tomorrow, so I can't wait for that.
Plus I'll be gettin' me an autograph from the lovely Tara Platt. It starts with an autograph, but before you know it, I'll be getting her hand in marriage. twisted  
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 11:23 am
Hold on to those hopes Bio, as I will with hoping that TBS will pick up My Name is Earl.

Of course South Park won't be canceled. As long as there is stuff to bash, they will be there to bash it.

I'm going to see Terminator Salvation tonight. I agree with James Cameron when he says the story was told in 1 and 2, but since they decided to disregard that fact with 3, might as well watch Salvation. I mean, I've always hoped to see a movie of the actual war, even though this isn't quite as how I imagined it. But, I don't expect any intelligence from this movie. I'm treating it like Rambo IV. I just wanna see s**t blowed up. I'll reserve the intelligence for 1 and 2.

Tara Platt...I know her best as the voice of Raine Sage in ToS: DotNW. She did a pretty good job for a replacement. Good luck with your quest Bio, seeing as how she's married...  

King of Paradise

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 12:11 pm
Well, I liked T3, so as far as I'm concerned that's the proper ending to the trilogy. With Chronicles being an alternate reality situation. But it's not like Salvation disregards T3 entirely. I mean, they're bringing in the Kate Brewster character... Who nobody can play as well as Claire Danes. Claire Danes kicks a**. And Nick Stahl kicks more a** than Christian Bale. So screw the cast change. As far as I'm concerned the Arnold and Linda Hamilton cameos that are supposed to be in Salvation are a cheap plug, and nothing else.
Oh, and there's plenty of intelligence in Ramvo IV, I mean, it's not like things like that aren't happening in reality. People are being terrorized and tortured like that. Ramvo IV was just a way to bring a sense of justice to us, even if for only an hour and a half. Too bad we don't have any real rambos in the world.

And as much as I respect Tara Platt's husband and will be getting HIS autograph as well, in the long run, he'll have to go. It's all a part of the plan.  
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 2:09 pm
Chronicles? ...Cancelled? NOT MY DEKKER!!! crying

This sucks... D: And yeah, I'm gonna go see T4 too. T2 is my all-time favorite movie, and 3 was fairly decent, so I'll take my chances.

Dekker > Furlong > Stahl > Bale, though. It better be really good.

Then again, this is the same director that made the two Charlie's Angels movies. Oh dear...  

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

Thee Stranger

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 5:05 pm
The original Terminator is my fave by far. And T3 was no where near as bad as I expected it to be, but I have no interest in Salvation whatsoever. I'll wait until it comes on TV or somethin'.  
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 5:19 pm
Thee Stranger
The original Terminator is my fave by far. And T3 was no where near as bad as I expected it to be, but I have no interest in Salvation whatsoever. I'll wait until it comes on TV or somethin'.

The original is my favorite as well. I like it's more horror orientated style.  

King of Paradise

MadamTarantula

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 7:10 pm
I loved the second. It had great action scenes, and the CGI still holds up pretty well for today. 3nodding  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 655 656 657 658 659 660 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games