Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Back to Guilds

Dedicated to bringing Chinese and friends from all over the world together. 

Tags: China, Chinese, friendship, Culture 

Reply *~ International Chinese Unite ~*
~*~ ICU Chatterbox ~*~ Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 656 657 658 659 660 661 ... 793 794 795 796 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

cold_blooded_chick

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:41 am
Hi Fwoom, lovely name.

As for all this religion talk, I won't bore you people with my experiences, but I reckon it's good to doubt everything, even atheism, which is sort of a religion unto itself in a way.

Actually, this doubt thing could explain why I'm perpetually in the state of mind of an adolescent... neutral  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:26 am
IF ANYONE CALLS B&B 'CHIBI' THEY MAY CONSIDER IT AN OFFICIAL WARNING TO THEMSELVES. THREE STRIKES AND YOU'RE OUT. D<

Hi Fwoom, nice to meet you~  

Niphz
Crew

Tokioka

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:45 am
A shout out to my homies...

@Mini: You're probably right lol. I've watched a lot of documentaries about the 'brain-washing' techniques employed by some denominations and how using a band gives the church service a kind of trance-inducing effect. At the first service I went to I was paying close attention, thinking, "Ahh, so now everyone starts waving their hands in the air in praise... kinda like at a rock concert." xD
I think it doesn't matter too much though, cos I liked it. I kinda thought of it as a mini christian rock festival. And the music was pretty nice, from an australian band, or so I heard. In fact, the pastor is an aussie woman lol.

@yalie: Yehh, that's true. I reckon if I did really take up this whole christian lifestyle, I'd have to be a casual christian - way too many rules and restrictions.

And isn't it a bit of a coincidence that after I started talking about christianity, guess who decides to show up? The big man himself, [J.C.]!! mad D

@Fwoom: Nicetomeetcha! whee *glomps*
And why, exactly, is your name fwoom?

@Chibi: There! Happy? I said "HI" to your stinkin friend! twisted *pokes chibi in the ribs*

I wouldn't worry about me becoming one of those jobless preachers on the street, fundraising for Children in Need. Nah, that ain't happening.
I mean the only way I'm gonna actually believe any of this Bible stuff is if, and it's a big IF, I see a vision/miracle. But apparently they happen all the time, so who knows? rolleyes

lol, chibi. It's not my fault that you got hacked or whatever. If you didn't wanna be called 'chibi' then you should've chosen a new name similar to Blacks&Blues. Kinda like Niph did.

@Niph: I love a little defiance. lol

@CBC: NEVER. DOUBT. THE JEDI. eek  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:52 pm
@Chibi-chan: Where, exactly, should I introduce myself? Here? Or over in that other board?

@Tokioka: Nice to meet you too. I am not stinking T__T Chibi calls me Fwoom because that's the pen name I use when I write (online) and it's what she knows me as. Feel free to call me Hyacinthe or other variations thereof if Fwoom's too hard to remember.

@Minielf: I thought Chinese were supposed to be Buddhist, not agnostic. eek  

Hyacinthe Comeaux

Minielf

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:37 pm
Niphz
IF ANYONE CALLS B&B 'CHIBI' THEY MAY CONSIDER IT AN OFFICIAL WARNING TO THEMSELVES. THREE STRIKES AND YOU'RE OUT. D<

Hi Fwoom, nice to meet you~

Um, you're not serious about enforcing that rule are you? blaugh Toki and Yalie especially have grown accustomed to calling B&B Chibi. xd

@HC/Fwoom?: Um, old fashioned Chinese may be buddhist, but most young Chinese below the age of 40, especially in mainland China, don't follow any religion, as the Chinese government has pretty much outlawed public religious congregations.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:59 am

-waves at fwoom&j.c-
howdy.

FWOOM;
it's probably better to introduce yourself in the intro thread,
but you could always post your introduction in both there and here.
-nodnod-

hn.
moar religious talk.
D;

NIPHY;
you know that you can't make that a rule, right?

Princess Rhode
Crew

BlacksandBlues

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:51 am
*blinks innocently* You mean this lil' account of mine, Tokes?

*glomps Niph* Thank you. Again. *glares at Toki*

The only person who should be calling me Chibi is Fwoom. She's always known me as Chibi and nothing else. 3nodding

*punches Toki* AND DON'T BLOODY BULLY MY FRIENDS! scream

EDIT: Oh gawd, look at my sig. Toki's in my sig still. gonk Eeeeew.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:07 am
Oo, Fwoom write online, does she? Is this is a particular fandom or just general fiction? Share! 3nodding  

cold_blooded_chick

cold_blooded_chick

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:08 am
Minielf
...the Chinese government has pretty much outlawed public religious congregations.

I wouldn't say "outlawed". There are churches and temples etc right there in the open street, at least where I lived.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:09 am
@Elf: Precisely my point. Niph's gone power mad. Like, what's she gonna do? Ban me? Puh-lease. rolleyes

@Fwoom: You know I was kidding, right? I mean the word was crossed out and stuff. 3nodding *pat, pat*

*smacks chibi's a*** xd

I'd forgotten all about that siggy lol. Can't even remember what it was about now... probably something to do with babi.

And how was I bullying Fwoom? I welcomed her with open arms. Last time I greet your friends... ungrateful wench.. talk2hand

@CBC: You're right about that. My friend from china goes to church when he's back home and the government don't stop the services. I've also heard that there are house churches where non state approved scriptures are preached about. Consequently, these churches are closed down when discovered by the police.  

Tokioka

Niphz
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:40 am
User Image

Religion isn't outlawed in China, just regulated.

@Sin - I know I know! Just a bit of fun ;P don't worry, I'm not that silly~

&& I do apologise if it feels like I've been neglecting the guild, so busy nowadays on tons of stuff.. D;

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:22 pm
@fwoom: hello, welcome to the guild.

kya! what a cute nickname. >.<

@chibi: your account got hacked? that really sucks. (I will still be calling you chibi btw xp )
@[j.c.]: O.O I've never seen you here before.
@toki: It's a sign toki. a sign!!! XDD  

mymiridon

Minielf

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:39 pm
Niphz
User Image

Religion isn't outlawed in China, just regulated.

@Sin - I know I know! Just a bit of fun ;P don't worry, I'm not that silly~

&& I do apologise if it feels like I've been neglecting the guild, so busy nowadays on tons of stuff.. D;

Well when I mean by outlawed, I mean really large religious gatherings similar to the evangelical churches in the US or World Youth Day here in Australia. Large gatherings could be viewed as demonstrations by the Chinese government, and we all know that the Chinese government cracks down hard on demonstrations. Just look at what's happened with Falun Gong. Religion is generally a private affair in China, with people praying by themselves.

@B&B: OMG you've gotten back your old account! eek Now no one can call you Chibi. blaugh

@Toki: Tread carefully Toki. Niph, Sin and Tosh all have big sticks and they're not afraid to use them! twisted  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:10 pm
Chinese pride =D  

Linbrood

Hyacinthe Comeaux

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:06 pm
Right, introduction copypasted:

Quote:
Hello everyone,

I'm 17, I come from northern California, and I'm Chinese (Taiwanese, to be exact, but I refuse to get in any Taiwan-independence arguments with people, and if you insist - or just prefer - to call me Chinese, I think it's much the same). I speak Mandarin and I... like to write. I also own many cats and only one dog, though I like dogs more than cats.

Nice to meet y'all.

Hyacinthe

In other news,

@cbc: I met Chibi through KuroFai fandom (Tsubasa: Reservoir Chronicle), but I've also written some Harry Potter stuff and very, very little Naruto (by which I mean I read it, and am not averse to writing for it, but have actually written next to nothing), and, of course, some original stuff.

@toki: yeah I know. My words were striked too weren't they? xp

Also... is your name sin? .____.

@chibi (B&B?): Nice outfit.

@mini: By which you mean, of course, my old fashioned mother.

Now that I think about it, that was a rather stupid thing to say, esp. considering the whole issue in Tibet with the Dalai Lama. But agnosticism vs. atheism's still debatable! surprised Or perhaps it's more aptly named... apathy.  
*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 656 657 658 659 660 661 ... 793 794 795 796 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games