Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "COS" ^Can O Spam^
Moonie's Ramblings Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 660 661 662 663 664 665 ... 2604 2605 2606 2607 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:03 pm
User Image
Photo of the “Llullaillaco Maiden”, a 15 year old girl sacrificed during the Inca Empire for both purposes of religious rite and social control. She was chosen a year prior to her death, fed a ritualistic diet for an approximate twelve months to make her gain weight, then was drugged and left on the shrine at Volcano Llullaillaco, where she was left to die of exposure. For five hundred years, her body had been preserved at 82 ft. She is considered to be the best preserved Andean mummy ever uncovered.

At first when I saw this picture, I was thinking: "What sort of medical surgery procedure is she having?" That is until I read the description underneath. It's amazing that everything was perserved so well like that... and that nothing was burned from being on a volcano.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:07 pm
User Image

Apples, peanut butter, chocolate chips and granola sandwich.

O-M-G! That looks so good. And strangely - and randomly - I just got the smell of apples and peanut butter. Ah... the wonders of imagination, lol.  

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:10 pm
User Image

A tired but determined-looking cat struggles to survive in Japan. -A.P.

:( Aww... poor thing. I just want to go and try to help save the cat from that wall.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:21 pm
When The Fairy Tale Ends, Real Life Begins

User Image

User Image

User Image

There's more pictures to this series, but these were my favorites of the bunch.

Back in community college I had a book for a class that had images of people in poverty working, but they were wearing various superhero costumes. That's what these batch of photos reminded me of.  

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:23 pm
User Image

Aw... cute!  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:29 pm
User Image

Seriously... I would love to see this painted. Thomas Kinkade would probably do a fabulous rendition of this imagery.

Does anyone know if anyone has done fanart of creating an image of the Doctor's description of his home planet Gallifrey?  

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:36 pm
Kazran: I've never kissed anyone before. What do I do?
The Doctor: Well, try and be all nervous and rubbish and a bit shaky.
Kazran: Why?
The Doctor: Because you're going to be like that, anyway. You might as well make it part of the plan then it will feel on purpose, off you go then.
Kazran: Now? I kiss her, now?
The Doctor: Kazran, trust me, it's this or go to your room and design a new kind of screwdriver. Don't make my mistakes. Now go.
Doctor Who (6x0 A Christmas Carol)

That last statement by the Doctor intrigues me. Does it mean that the Doctor had the chance of kissing someone when he was younger, but got nervous and went back to his room to create a sonic screwdriver? Hmm... I wonder who the girl was, if that's the case...  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:46 pm
User Image

Hehe... I like this image. :D  

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:47 pm
User Image

Probably should be doing that myself. But I don't want to... not yet anyway. Just a few more minutes, Doctor? Please?  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:50 pm
User Image

My friend Carl actually has that shirt! I was so happy when I recognized the shirt when I saw him at his birthday party. I was like, in my mind: "Hey! It's that shirt!"

Wish I could get a shirt like that for myself.

Again... they need more Doctor Who merchandise available out in stores, and not hoard it all for strictly online purchases.  

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:54 pm
User Image

As the two daughters on Torchwood: Children of Earth say:

"We want a pony. We want a pony. We want a pony."

*laughs*  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:55 pm
I bet all us Doctor Who fans are Timelords with our Timelord consciousnesses locked in a fog watch somewhere.

Haha... I love it. And if that's the case... then I must have lost my watch somewhere. Or my companion has it... whoever they may be. I wonder where my Tardis is in that case too. Sexy! Where are you?!

Edit:
Because I liked the above statement so much, I had to include the other statement that I found earlier today with it. I want to do something with these two statements. Maybe a doll... *shrugs* We'll see what I come up with. Might work on it tomorrow.

"Maybe every Whovian is or was a companion of the Doctor in an specific parallel world at some point,and our worshiping of him is the manifestation of that companionship." ~ coldpinksunglasses @ Tumblr  

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:00 am
User Image

I've been having the urge to wear a similar style as the Eleventh Doctor's. Maybe that should be my next little goal to do - learn how to tie a bow tie. :D Because all Whovians knows that "bowties are cool."

And I seriously think I'm starting to crush on Matt Smith... *sighs* Definitely is *my* Doctor, that's for sure. Tennant's great and all... but I just don't have the same feelings towards him as I do with Matt. Probably like River - she has a strange, flirtatious connection with the Eleventh Doctor... but seemed to be more reserved with the Tenth Doctor.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:01 am
User Image

Roses and the Tardis... you are pulling at my heartstrings right now.  

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:05 am
User Image

One of my favorite parts - if not the very favorite - of that episode. Eee...  
"COS" ^Can O Spam^

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 660 661 662 663 664 665 ... 2604 2605 2606 2607 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games