Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
::Grill 13 Restaurant:: NEW Pictures on the Menu! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 666 667 668 669 670 671 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:36 am

Vankala
Not really. I was just trying to counter that logic. Religious stuff makes no sense to me.

Well, that makes it an endless loop. You're countering MY logic, but I was countering Atheists' logic in the first place.
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:07 am

Well, I'm an athiest and i don't even use that logic. razz I just flat out don't believe in it.

Vankala

Alkaizer87

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:13 am

Well I guess I consider myself an athiest. I do believe somehow someone out there is able to influence bit by bit on the good luck and bad luck s**t, but I'm not labaling that person...or quite possible people "God". After all to me "God" Could possibly be a joke por prank that someone pulled by writing what they caleld a "Bible" and then spread the word. Then in became a religion later since they thought that the people were stupid enoug tho be fulled by genesis, so they had to make it a religion. OR maybe it's just made up by an orginiztion, like the Vatican.
Edit: anyways....Based off of my experience it's possible that some a** hole actualyl has real magical power to control bad or good luck, which would prove God doesn't exist as christians believe or it's all jsut karma. the fact taht so much disease s**t liek H1N1 and other stuff suddenly happneing but finding no real solution is evidence enough. You would think christians would pray for the H1N1 to some how be able to get rid of.
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:22 am

Personally, I believe that God does exist, but that's not to say I don't think evolution occurred. In fact, I firmly believe evolution happened. And it pisses me off when people are like "Well I'm no monkey!"

That's so not what evolution is. It's not a straight path. It's a series of branches and splits. Like us, for example. According to evolution, we are not descended from monkeys. Actually, it says that we're simply descended from a common ancestor, and a small abnormality in the chromosomes occurred. The 3rd chromosome in a chimpanzee (chimps/monkeys have 48 chromosomes, we have 46) is the exact same as part of our second chromosome, so scientists believe that the 3rd and 2nd chromosomes fused over time. A little change created two very different results. So, again, evolution does not mean we're descended from monkeys, simply that we and monkeys have a common ancestor.[/rant]

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

Alkaizer87

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:29 am

Well some say that science jsut proves that God could be real, but then again it also proves God isn't real...
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:57 am

Vankala
Well, I'm an athiest and i don't even use that logic. razz I just flat out don't believe in it.

The point of the logic is, that just because you don't believe in God, doesn't mean God doesn't exist.

You know, people who say, "I'm not a monkey," maybe not.. But scientifically classified, humans ARE apes.

Now, I know that some people are proud to be "lambs of God", but only a sheep would take the Bible literally. I'm not saying we were created in seven days, or even preaching God as in the Biblical god.

But there are so many religions out there. It's not about worshipping one particular deity and believing in the same thing. It's about spirituality... That's where Atheists bother me, because in a pure sense, an Atheist believes purely in science, and does not factor spirituality one bit.

Spirituality is a beautiful thing. Yes, I'm a Christian, but whether you believe in Jesus, Buddha, Allah (If I was to ever change my religion, it would be to Islam), or into many Deities like in Hinduism... Or if you just believe there's some higher entity out there with no name at all... Spirituality is a beautiful thing. Unless you're a Scientologist, then you're just a quack.

Yes, in most cases religious wars are misguided and stupid. But to believe in something so strongly that you're willing to fight and die for it. That's not.

I mean, in a strict sense, invading a country is as stupid as fighting over God. To sacrifice human lives, kill people, destroy land just so that you can get a part of that land for yourself... It's just as stupid as suicide bombing. Except it's also greedy. Point being, spirituality and religion are NOT a bad thing.

Anyone who's gonna throw a snowball or yell curse words at you because you're religious, is an a*****e, pure and simple.

Biohazard EXTREME

Alkaizer87

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:40 am

dude jsut because I'm athiest doesn't mean I believe in everythign scientifical. It was that way then I would try to scientifically make good luck or try to control Karma, because it's this kind of s**t that make my life miserable. The only way to have luck or karma is not science based it more spiritual or just plin random. there is no science in that.
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:47 am

If you believe in spirituality, then technically speaking, I don't think that makes you atheist.

Biohazard EXTREME

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:04 pm

Yeeeeeeah..... I'm a spiritual person, but it's in my own way, I dont like to categorize it with anything because I pretty much follow my own path, and it works for me smile .

I like studying religion as a way to learn about people... it's fascinating what people believe, and it's from the heart... you know, with the exception of fundamentalists (in ANY area).

So long as everyone respects everyone else's opinions, it'll all be alright.
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:11 pm

Except the Scientologists.

Biohazard EXTREME

Alkaizer87

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:37 pm

What notte said....yeah I'm like that. I have my own ideas about life. And if I do go to a palce like church it's because my mom forces me too and also to see if I can make friends I don't give a crap about the religious stuff.
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:38 pm

So you'd be like.. Agnostic.. Not Atheist.

Biohazard EXTREME

King of Paradise

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:35 pm

I hate religious discussions. Everyone is so stubborn in their beliefs that it's impossible to convince them to think otherwise (Pertaining to different theories of existence). It's so damn pointless. And I have had some bad arguments in the past. I just ******** hate little religious douches who threaten me by saying I'm going to go somewhere bad to suffer for all eternity when I die. I doubt anyone here is like that, but damn, they really prevent me from wanting to learn about different religions...

@Thee Stranger: I'm sorry to hear that you didn't think Drag Me to Hell was that impressive. Since I'm going to ask, what horror movies have you seen recently that you thought WERE impressive? Cuz that's the thing with Drag Me to Hell: I watch hundreds of new horror movies a year, and this one was the best one I've seen in a loooooong time.

@Alkaizer: *In a gay tone* Shuuuut uuuup. Now I AM going to have bad luck...Oww! Splinter!
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:45 pm

Not necessarily, Deadite. People are capable of discussing religious beliefs like adults, but they just don't want to. That's the problem.

Anyway, how was everybody's Monday?

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100

King of Paradise

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:02 pm

NotteRequiem
Not necessarily, Deadite. People are capable of discussing religious beliefs like adults, but they just don't want to. That's the problem.

Anyway, how was everybody's Monday?

And that's why I hate religious discussions. rofl

Having had a great weekend, Monday was like a drudging hangover. I'm glad I have tomorrow off. How was yooooooooours?
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 666 667 668 669 670 671 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games