Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Back to Guilds

Dedicated to bringing Chinese and friends from all over the world together. 

Tags: China, Chinese, friendship, Culture 

Reply *~ International Chinese Unite ~*
~*~ ICU Chatterbox ~*~ Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 666 667 668 669 670 671 ... 793 794 795 796 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Minielf

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:58 pm

@Sin: Wow, 5kg worth of Yaoi material. Your friend must be one sick little girl. And even if you're not turned per se, I assume you do enjoy reading stories of graphic acts of brutality. ninja

@Niph: So Toki's your dog. xd

@Wiim: Lol, you must be the oldest person in the ICU. rofl 27 years old you say? That's 7 years older than me or Toki.

@CLAMP topic: The reason why I've never bothered reading a CLAMP title is because of their obsession with Bishonen and Bishoujo, and the constant Yaoi references. That and I because I don't like their art style... too stylised and out of proportion, although Tsubasa looks okay.
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:21 pm

@mini: It's funny, I'd agree that CLAMP art usually isn't the best all around... but the only thing that's kept me hooked onto Tsubasa and xxxHolic is really the long, lanky, elegant style in which they draw the characters. It really appeals to me for some reason, Tsubasa with its fluid, clean designs and Holic's black-and-white

While we're on the topic of art styles, I am also in LOVE with Blade of the Immortal art (purely the art, not even mentioning plot/characters or anything here), and I like Loveless art too, though not as much as Blade of the Immortal.

@ixian: hi!

@cbc: ahahahaha this is when being good at multitasking comes into play.

@chibi: yeah, um. I went and tried to follow your conversation about Theo and Sarah, but got totally lost. And it's ex-boyfriend. Only ever had one. xP

yeahhhh CLAMP's all for the slash. xD

@tap: nice to meet you too!^^

Yeah, I went to London a couple times while I was in England. Watched Spamalot and Chicago there, too. biggrin

mmmm whatever makes you happy. xD not that most of us here would get to see it anyway... (pictures? biggrin biggrin )

Hyacinthe Comeaux

t0shi0
Crew

Receiver

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:21 pm

CLAMP IS GOD(DESSES).
Their character designs are gorgeous.
Their style might be elongated, but works and looks beautiful.
Their plots are better than the other BS out there.
They don't just have yaoi references. There's also suggested girl on girl.
Which you shouldn't have a problem with, unless you are homophobe or something.

> A>
Don't insult CLAMP in front of my unless you want me to bring out the chainsaw.
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:22 pm

YEAH TOSHI I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU.

although some of their older works do have more awkward styles... *koffkoffrayearthkoffkoff*

Hyacinthe Comeaux

t0shi0
Crew

Receiver

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:29 pm

xD YES.
CLAMP FANS UNITE.

Yehh.
I think so too.
But considering it was made in the early 9Os, it's pretty good~
o 3o
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:02 am

@Tapioca: Yeh, my mum AND dad use hair dye. Kinda worried for myself though cos the males on my dad's side all start getting white hair around their 20s. And not just a few strands either... >_>

@Fwoom: But babies need our protection more than little girls, who can at least run away from danger. Babies are so helpless. :') *feels broody*

Haha, my bro is also afraid of spiders. I think it's cos I used to torment him with them when I was younger. xD
You're ex-bf sounds like he acted like most of the kids I knew in primary school. We used to pick up ants and put them in spiders webs to see the ensuing 'battle'. It was pretty cool back then.

@Mini: What have I got to hide from? You? Puh-lease. rolleyes

I just happen to like niph, compared to some members of the guild. *glares at chibi*

@Sin: Alice nine, Miyavi and L'arc are pretty cool. Must check out the rest some time. 3nodding

@Chibs: I'm quite surprised that tarantulas make you cry, to me it just seems odd. Why don't you try and overcome this irrational fear?

-will post more laters. got a presentation to do- ninja

Tokioka

Chibito7

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:35 am

@Sapp: They're in England?! eek

*runs away to stalk them and kidnap them and hold them hostage until they promise to just GET THEM THE HELL TOGETHER ALREADY!* ninja

Blah. The Japs always start trends. They're always one step ahead, so therefore it's always there fault. rolleyes Just blame the Japs! xd

Yup. Never. In my opinion, waste of time, money and effort. I lack any motivation to make myself any prettier than my natural looks provide me with. xd I'm quite happy the way I am. Plus I go to an all girls school, so it's like there's a necessity to impress anyone. I do know guys from a choir, and I meet guy friends outside of school, but I still don't feel the need because if they don't like me for the simple reasons that I don't dress with the latest fashion trends or I don't dye my hair in a fashionable way, then sod them, quite frankly - they can bugger off and get plastic friends to their heart's content. 3nodding I mean, if you want to dye your hair because you think it'll make YOU and ONLY you happy with your appearance, and it'll give you the confidence about yourself, by all means, do it! I'm not against hair products and so on (but I do think it a waste of money too, and it's true I don't have the time). But for me, the reason I don't do it is because I feel people are so artificial nowadays. A bit of natural-ness is required. I'm quite honest with my looks. wink I won't cover anything I don't like up (and I don't know how, lol).

Hahaha. I have to admit, I only dress baggy round the house. It's comfy. But nah, when I go out I do like to scrub up a bit. Look decent, at least! Not like I was just caught in a whirlwind disaster, lol - because I often look it at home. I tramp around in pyjamas and slippers and thick socks with a cardie, ahaha.

You too?! I have that too! Then again I have a white ancestor somewhere along the family tree, apparently (I get cousins and so on being born with blonde hair that later turns black, etc). My hair looks black in the dark, and an auburn sort of brown in the sun. I really like it. Adds a bit of flavour to my hair. You should be proud of it too! 4laugh

Yup. Hair products can ruin your hair (another reason I don't use them, lol). Overpriced and they damage your poor hair. Always be careful which products you use. And what they killed to get it 'right'. stare

@Mini: I love CLAMP's current art style, but I hate their old style. Their new style is so pwetty. After that it's Natsuki Takaya who wrote Fruits Basket. She's my favourite all-round manga-ka, because Furuba is without a doubt a work of genius.

@Fwoom: Maa... I would explain about Sarah and Theo, but you know what? It's not important anyway, lol. I'm not so bothered and they're insignificant and not worth repeating about. Sorry if it confused you though. sweatdrop It's always complicated. rolleyes

Ahaha. I've had too almost boyfriends. rolleyes Theo's one of them. Psh. And I'm not allowed boyfriends. *snickers*

@Tosh: The chainsaw! 4laugh

@Toki: Nah, I don't think it was the tarantula itself that made me cry, but the shock of it, if that makes sense. But yeah, if one crawled up my arm I would start crying. And it's an acquired phobia, which is ridiculous and it annoys me. I was never before this afraid of anything in my life. It's totally irrational and unexplained and I can't get rid of it. gonk

And you evil child! Your poor brother. xp
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:41 am

User Image

I DEMAND THE CHAINSAW mad

AND THE FLYING POISONOUS MEESE mad

Niphz
Crew

Hyacinthe Comeaux

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:11 pm

@toshi: it was made in the early 90s? I didn't know that! *does not bother to check dates* I s'pose it's not that bad then.

but Tsubasa and Holic are still just heart heart heart ~ ^^

@toki: Yes I suppose. But the baby still somehow didn't bother me that much more than everything else Mai-chan had to go through. I mean, at least it DIED. without getting tortured *too* much.

tsk tsk. That's terrible.

My brother was the kind of brother who might've done that, only he was afraid of spiders too so he couldn't've. xD

I don't mind throwing things in spiderwebs. And/or picking up ants (as long as it's a single ant and not like... a swarm). But I have issues touching spiders. ><

@chibs: hahaha it's OK. I don't mind.

mmmm me and the guy I like at school - our history has been, wut, ONE GIANT AWKWARD FEST. (and by history I don't mean much because we never quite made it to the "friends" stage yet; almost, once or twice or thrice, but NEVER QUITE THERE.) seriously! he is like one of the most conservative guys on the planet. and everything about him is just. so awkward. SO. AWKWARD. GAHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

Actually maybe this would be something that should go in the rant thread. Since I can't talk about it with my school friends, who actually know him... >.>
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:52 pm

t0shi0

CLAMP IS GOD(DESSES).
Their character designs are gorgeous.
Their style might be elongated, but works and looks beautiful.
Their plots are better than the other BS out there.
They don't just have yaoi references. There's also suggested girl on girl.
Which you shouldn't have a problem with, unless you are homophobe or something.

> A>
Don't insult CLAMP in front of my unless you want me to bring out the chainsaw.

Hey I wasn't insulting CLAMP, I just don't find them to my particular taste. I'm more interested in Shonen Manga, with a lot of action and adventure. CLAMP's works, especially stuff like xxxHolic and Tsubasa, just seem a little too slow for me. Of course, maybe that's because I haven't sat down and read the series from the beginning, but again that might be due to the fact their works can't simply be flicked through casually like Shonen manga can. Please don't bring the chainsaw out on me just for this. ninja

Speaking of manga art, the Mangaka I adore the most for his artwork is Kentaro Miura. His hand-drawn panels in Berserk are nothing short of amazing, looking more like actual oil-colour gothic rennaissance drawings rather than the fake pen-drawn style of normal Shonen manga. Considering that he doesn't have a subproduction team to assist him (at least from what I've heard), his drawing skills and dedication are absolutely amazing.

@Toki: Oh you have something against B&B? Why don't you day it to her face? razz

Minielf

Tokioka

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:11 pm

@t0sh & Fwoom: I thought Rayearth was alright, well I've ony seen a bit of the anime, but the intro song had me sold. 3nodding
And what's xxxholic like? Looks interesting...

@Chibs: Well I got in trouble plenty of times for my 'bug antics', so I think it's fair game. My bro and I always prank each other anyways. Just last week when I was moving house, he came to Bath with my dad and when I wasn't looking he hid in my wardrobe. Then after I'd moved some stuff to the car and returned to my room he jumped out screamin. Shocked the living shits outta me. xd

He'll pay for it though... he always pays.. stressed *planning uber revenge prank*

@Fwoom: I think as I've grown older I've become slightly more squeamish of spiders, mainly cos I haven't touched them for maybe 10 years. But I can still chase a cockroach, pick it up and throw it at some little girls (last performed in vietnam). Y'know, there's some skills you just never forget. razz

@Mini: It's called a JOKE. Jeez. rolleyes
If I really did have it in for her then would I even bother talking to her on gaia? Think about it.

I do agree with you on miura though, guy's a genius. Both when it comes to art and his storylines. Shame he updates so infrequently these days, maybe he's hit a mental block and doesn't know where to take the kushan battle?
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:05 am

Hmmm, so B&B and Fwoom have complicated love lives, and something about CLAMP. That's all I got. neutral

cold_blooded_chick

wiim
Crew

Invisible Shapeshifter

7,400 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Cart Raider 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:23 am

I enjoyed Chobits because it made think about our society in the real world. And also, I was a fan of Tanaka Rie (Chi's voice actor).

Please don't bash me, girls...I'm not a fan of CLAMP.
So I'll just re-disappear out of this conversation... ninja *backing away slowly*
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:02 am

rofl @ Niph.

@Fwoom: *laughs and hugs* Aaaw... But why do you like him then? *will go to the Rant Thread in a min to see if you've posted there*

@Mini: Understandable, since, and without the implication of me being sexist, you are a guy. Guys just don't appreciate the same manga as girls, usually, so I think it's quite normal for you not to like CLAMP as much as we do. *dances with Mokona* 4laugh

@Toki: *nods in slow understanding* Maa... so you were a typical evil boy child. I get it. wink Lol. You and your brother sound hilarious. Ken and I have the same antics, tbh. We're like.. five-year-olds, it's insane. rolleyes xd It's nice, though, to be able to act like a kid and not think a thing of it.

@Mini&Toki: You guys really don't get on, do you? I'm starting to wonder where all those gay jokes came from... *looks at Niph and the rest of the female yaoi crew* Lol, guys, no need to fight over me! Flattered, honest, but I don't want you two to have a bust up and, god forbid, break up or something! xd

Jokes. =P In my dreams, you two being gay, and being gay together, ahaha. But yush, Toki - like Mini said, if you have a problem with me, you can say it to my face. I know you know I'm pretty sensitive about getting on other people's nerves and whatnot, but... I'm getting better at the sensitive issue. I'm better at not caring if I piss someone off, lol. And Mini, like Toki said, he wouldn't talk to me and help me as much as he did if he didn't care and couldn't stand me. rolleyes I hope so, anyway! xp Thanks for, um, backing me up though. Now I know who to turn to when Toki bullies me, since Niph is on the Dark Side... ninja

@cbc: My love life is not complicated, but completely NONEXISTENT. gonk The guys that surround me are either taken or weird or unsuitable or want to fool around. rolleyes

@wiim: *lightly bashes you on the head with my infamous plastic hammer* mrgreen

Chibito7

Niphz
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:37 am

User Image

How is Niph on the dark side? I DEMAND PROOF! scream

No, you may not scroll back several hundred pages to the time when I sold my soul to the dark side - aka yalie-sensei - for their superior goody bags.
-cough-
ninja
*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 666 667 668 669 670 671 ... 793 794 795 796 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games