Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
::Grill 13 Restaurant:: NEW Pictures on the Menu! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 667 668 669 670 671 672 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:30 pm
razz

It was alright... Im exhausted from driving all over Massachusetts, Rhode Island AND Connecticut. I wanna go to bed, but I have RP obligations that I said I'd keep.. me and my big mouth... D:  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:58 pm
My Monday has been boring, and here's my feelings about this last weekend:

User Image

@ Deadite: None at all. But, unfortunately, Drag Me to Hell didn't end that trend. I'm sure I didn't see as many horror movies this year as you, but the movie just didn't scare me. It had its moments, but there were a lot of things that just didn't work for me. The main character was likable and identifiable enough, which is more than I can say for 99.99% of horror movies out there, but she delivered the one-liners horribly, and they didn't really fit with her character in the first place. There were other little things here and there that were like throwbacks to Evil Dead, like Raimi had to put his stamp on it, but they just didn't fit. And I thought the storyline was pretty mediocre. That's pretty much how I felt about the movie overall.  

Thee Stranger

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:13 pm
The Not So Evil Deadite
NotteRequiem
Not necessarily, Deadite. People are capable of discussing religious beliefs like adults, but they just don't want to. That's the problem.

Anyway, how was everybody's Monday?

And that's why I hate religious discussions. rofl
Okay, I don't mean to bring it up AGAIN, but maybe that's WHY we have Scientology. No matter what your views are, it's something we can ALL ridicule. xd  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:46 am
H ieveryone, Like my new avi? I'm trying to make my avi look like a kirin. Also don't give me that color is inaccurate crap. It's been known that people say a kirin has many colors. There's one where the scales are green or blue, then some of the fur or mane/tail is orange or grean, and also the red. Also the flowing cloth thing is to make it look more god life since in anceint chiense stories a lot of ties they prtraya goddess and gods with flowing ribbons and stuff...mostly females, but male gods have them too.
edit: If anyone else wants to enter the demotivational contest please do so soon. I'll be judging by the thrusday....ok friday....there on friday...  

Alkaizer87

King of Paradise

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:27 am
Thee Stranger

User Image

@ Deadite: None at all. But, unfortunately, Drag Me to Hell didn't end that trend. I'm sure I didn't see as many horror movies this year as you, but the movie just didn't scare me. It had its moments, but there were a lot of things that just didn't work for me. The main character was likable and identifiable enough, which is more than I can say for 99.99% of horror movies out there, but she delivered the one-liners horribly, and they didn't really fit with her character in the first place. There were other little things here and there that were like throwbacks to Evil Dead, like Raimi had to put his stamp on it, but they just didn't fit. And I thought the storyline was pretty mediocre. That's pretty much how I felt about the movie overall.

Were there really that many one liners to be disappointed at? I can only remember like, two or three...And they were delivered in a state of raw animosity that she probably never experienced 'til she got cursed, so I'll forgive her for delivering these lines during her unusual situations ha ha.

Like I said, the one scene with the talking goat and dancing servant was way too campy for this flick, but the rest fitted perfectly because it was indeed a flick that used camp from the get go. Yes, even the anvil scene fitted. It isn't a secret that Raimi used the same style he did in The Evil Dead II for Drag Me to Hell (w/o going TOO far, except that one scene), and that's why I love him for it. It's a lot more fun if the audience can get scared and laugh at the same time.

Bah, I rather have a mediocre, original storyline than another damned remake or uninspired tale of terror. But since I didn't think the storyline mediocre, better for me!  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:56 am
Alkaizer87
H ieveryone, Like my new avi? I'm trying to make my avi look like a kirin. Also don't give me that color is inaccurate crap. It's been known that people say a kirin has many colors. There's one where the scales are green or blue, then some of the fur or mane/tail is orange or grean, and also the red. Also the flowing cloth thing is to make it look more god life since in anceint chiense stories a lot of ties they prtraya goddess and gods with flowing ribbons and stuff...mostly females, but male gods have them too.
edit: If anyone else wants to enter the demotivational contest please do so soon. I'll be judging by the thrusday....ok friday....there on friday...

A. I like it. biggrin
B. What's a kirin?  

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:17 am
Thee Stranger

User Image

sad *Hugs* I'm sorry you had a shitty weekend. And I'm sorry that girls suck. That always makes me sad when people have a bad weekend because of the opposite (or same, whichever you prefer) sex.

@Alkaizer - It's interesting... The colors pretty much compliment each other, so good job on that smile  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:13 am
Canas look it up ^^; I'm not going to go into detail since i'm not 100percent sure, but it looks liek cross between the body of uniforn and a daragon's ability to fly nd has scales. just google it. the colors ofa kirin vary since not one person agrees at one looks like in color. It's like an ancient asian creature, like the phoenix. According to what I remember from the Pet shop of Horror's anime series the kirin chooses a master or something like that and grants that person one wish, but only if the kirin think you're worthy.  

Alkaizer87

Thee Stranger

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:38 pm
(Alright, we got the sympathy going!)

Thanks, Notte. *hugs back*.... *looks around*

*caresses leg*..... *gropes*

Anyway, for all DS owners out there, I recommend a little obscure horror title that I happened to stumble across called Theresia... Dear Emile. I am currently playing it, and it is one of the creepiest games I've come across in quite some time, with a very well-written and intriguing storyline to boot. It plays very much like an old PC point-and-click adventure game (a la Myst, Shadowgate), so if that was never your cup of tea, this game probably won't change your mind. But it has a great, creepy and foreboding atmosphere with great music. The backgrounds and the cutscenes are all beautifully hand drawn, but the areas where you have to traverse from room to room through corridors in 3D look pretty horrid. I read up on it, and I guess it's originally a series of popular cellphone games in Japan, so that probably explains the ugly 3D graphics. That's the main drawback to the game, because not only is it a pain in the a**, but it's jarring and doesn't fit with the style of the rest of the game. Nonetheless, I'm very much enjoying it. A few of the puzzles are very reminiscent to the original RE, and a lot of them are very challenging. But the main thing that will keep you going is the storyline, because it's told in such an immersive way.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:22 pm
*Revvs chainsaw*

Haha, naw, just kidding.

*keeps it handy*  

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100

Alkaizer87

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:46 pm
*steals chainsaw.* I need this. *shove's it up a deadite's a**. Then he looks at the guild member deadite.* Next time don't invite your friends. He tried to molest rape me and I quote "He!" I didn't even knkow deadites knew about homosexuality.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:57 pm
Yeah, I wasn't aware of that either. Evil Trees usually go after hot chicks.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:47 pm
Yeah, seriously. I mean, look at Dorothy and those evil apple trees.

Oh good lord, childhood ruined. crying  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:01 pm
Well, here I was just talking about Cheryl and Bobbie Joe from Evil Dead... But... You turned it into... Umm... Wizard of Oz joke?
Hey, it can't be helped, though. I mean, we're talking about evil trees, here. They got wood.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Thee Stranger

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:54 am
eek *slowly backs away*....  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 667 668 669 670 671 672 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games