Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "COS" ^Can O Spam^
Moonie's Ramblings Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... 2595 2596 2597 2598 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 12:30 pm
Hmm... it almost matched up with what I had in my mind... but I don't think it'll work out.

Meh...  
PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 12:42 pm
Probably wondering what all that stuff above was about...

Well, it's a story idea that I've had in my mind lately. It's been floating around up there for sometime, but hasn't come into a full clear image until recently. The inspiration probably originally came from the song "Small, Small World" by The Statler Brothers.

Anyway... the story is a romantic comedy. So, in the mind version of the story (( whee )), the main girl is living in Seattle as a photographer for some big name magazine or something like that. While she's out taking pictures, she runs into a guy who lives in Seattle. They end up getting close... like romantic terms. The girl ends up receiving an assignment - located in New York. So, she flies over to New York to do her job assignment. While over there she meets another guy... and ends up getting close to him to, also on romantic terms. After flying back and forth between the two cities, building her relationships with both guys, she decides she wants the two to meet. Since she has to stay in New York for two weeks (rather than one week every other week), she invites her first guy to come to New York to meet the other guy. The three of them meet up at a local club/bar. Before the girl can even introduce them, the two guys recognize each other, infuriated that the other is there. Why are they upset? It's because their twin brothers and haven't been on best terms. So double surprise for everyone - she finds out their brothers... and they find out she's been dating both of them.  

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 12:44 pm
I keep picturing Johnny Depp and Robert Downey Jr. playing as the brothers in the film version in my mind. xd Depp being the Seattle guy and Downey being the New York guy. Just seems to fit their personality best having them from those cities.

I still haven't figured out who I want to play the girl in my mind-film version. *shrugs*  
PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 12:49 pm
So I mentioned the "Small, Small World" song earlier. I just thought I would point out some parts in the lyrics that relate to the story I've designed. xd

"Fancy meetin' you
I don't believe I've seen you since
The day we both left school"

This part connects to the twin brothers. They haven't been on best terms and haven't spoken to each other in a long time. And them reuniting at the club/bar in New York relates to the beginning.

"Well, that's up to Rita's mother
Rita? Yeah, man, that's insane
I know you won't believe this
But Rita's my girls name"

If the brothers ever did talk, this would be an amusing conversation. But since they didn't talk to each other until the reunion... the only connection to this part is... they're both dating the same girl.

"So what does your Rita do?
She travels, she's on another flight
My Rita travels too
But she's comin' home tonight"

The girl in my story travels back and forth between Seattle and New York.

"We ought to get together
And introduce the girls
They'd probably know each other
It's a small, small world"

The girl's thought during her two-week long stay at New York, rather than the one week. She wants her two guys to meet up. Little does she know they already know each other.  

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 1:02 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

"Madam, I need you to remain calm. And trust me, I am a professional. Beneath this pillow lies the key to my release."

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 1:03 pm
xd 4laugh

Haha... sorry, I had to paste it here. I posted it in response to a topic in the main forum.

Ah... one of my favorite scenes from Sherlock Holmes.

Meeeeooooowwww! heart  

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 1:05 pm
5 posts away from reaching 1000.  
PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 1:11 pm
*finishes leaving a voicemail message on her friend's phone*

My Aunt is having a Tastefully Simple party... so I was calling to see whether my friend was able to switch schedules with another friend of ours, so she could come with us ((since she wasn't able to make it to our own party)).

Hopefully I'll hear from her about whether she'll be going with us or not.  

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 1:15 pm
*searches on dA*

Looking for a picture to use for my 1000 post. xd  
PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 1:16 pm
It's hard finding a picture that doesn't have "hits" with it, since most of the pictures are for page views or whatever on dA. sweatdrop  

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 1:18 pm
*sounds of noise makers being made* *pop sounds of confetti being released* *cheers and clapping occurs*

Woot woot! Reached 1000 posts!

User Image

The picture above is not done by me. It's a picture I found on dA. The picture is a link to the dA page, in case you want to look at it there or whatever.  
PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 1:24 pm
The names I'm using for the following are temporary at this time... though the guy names I may end up keeping, since I like them...  

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 1:42 pm
"Looks like those two guys are in search of someone," stated the bartender calmly, not really addressing anyone in particular.
Sarah looked up at the bartender seeing him nod behind her. She turned around on her bar stool to look for the guys he was addressing, drink in a hand. A smile appeared on her face as soon as she spotted out them out.
"That's because they're looking for me," replied Sarah.
"Both of them?" asked the bartender, a hint of concern in his voice.
"Yeah," replied Sarah, looking over her shoulder at the bartender. "I invited them to come here. I've been wanting the two of them to meet."
"Oh, alright," said the bartender, smiling. "Well, good luck."
She turned back to look at the two guys coming close to her, as the bartender walked down to the other end of the bar to help a customer. She watched as she met up, with her in the middle.
"You!" exclaimed Michael.
"What are you doing here?" asked Gabriel, a disapproving frown on his face.
"I was about to ask you the same thing," replied Michael, crossing his arms.
Sarah's smile slowly began to fade as she stood up, looking between the two.
"You two know each other already?" asked Sarah, surprise in her voice.
"Of course. How could I not?" said Michael.
"We're brothers," explained Gabriel. "Twin brothers, to be exact."
"Twins?" exclaimed Sarah in shock.
The two guys looked at her.
"You never told me you had a brother," said Sarah, looking at Gabriel. Then she turned to Michael, "And neither did you. Why would you keep such an important thing from me?"
"How about you keeping from me that you were speaking to my brother?" asked Gabriel.
"She didn't know I was your brother, Gabe," replied Michael. "At least not until now. You can't blame her for that."
"I told you a met someone while I was here in New York," added Sarah. "You can't say I didn't tell you that."
"If I had known it was my brother, I would've kept you from wasting your time on befriending him," said Gabriel.
"Probably would've said the same thing about you," said Michael.
"Stay out of this, Michael," said Gabriel.
"I'm afraid I can't do that. Sarah clearly invited both of us here to have a good time."
"Yes, she did invite us, but I'm afraid I'll have to disappoint her on the 'good time' part."
"Why are you two acting like this towards each other?" asked Sarah.
"It's a long story," said Michael, giving a forgiving smile towards her. "While knowing it would help you better understand why we act the way towards each other, it might be best to keep you out of the trouble."
"Well, if you two are going to keep bickering like this. It might be a better idea if we take this somewhere else... away from public," said Sarah. "At least there's one thing you two will agree on."
"And what's that?" asked Gabriel.
"You don't want to cause a scene," replied Sarah.
"Let's go to my place," said Michael.
"Your place?" exclaimed Gabriel.
"You have a better idea, Gabe?" asked Michael. "It would be best not to take this issue to the hotel you're staying at, because it's late and I don't think the other guests would like to be awoken rudely by our bickering. Going to any other public food place wouldn't be any better than here. If we go to my place, we can be as loud as we wish to be, without worrying about waking anyone up."
Sarah sighed as she looked from Michael to Gabriel, to see how he would react to this explanation.
"Fine," replied Gabriel simply.  
PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 1:48 pm
Woot!

It's nice getting a brief start on that.

Still have some work to do. Do some research to determine what areas I want the events to take place at and what not. Such as this club/bar they meet at... it would be nice to pick an actual place for them to meet at, rather than some random club/bar that is located somewhere in New York City. xd Especially when New York is a big place.  

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 1:54 pm
*does some research*  
"COS" ^Can O Spam^

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... 2595 2596 2597 2598 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games