Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply Wi-Fi Connection
Ye Olde MASTER Pokemon gym thread. dun make n e mor. Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... 84 85 86 87 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

melikefood

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:39 pm
You'll get the effort ribbon from that one lady in Slateport or Sunnyshore if your Pokémon are fully EV trained.

I'm pretty packed for the next few weeks.
I've got...

Finals week
Mock Trail Competition
Training new Pokémon teams

So open battle time is going to be scarce for a bit.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:14 am
I guess i could consider us closed?

i dunno, I really want to get my new team trained so i can defend my bage better. my new team is so divers that its amazing it has a theme.  

Xilo The Odd

Zetshimaru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 12:31 pm
~Xiloscent~
I guess i could consider us closed?

i dunno, I really want to get my new team trained so i can defend my bage better. my new team is so divers that its amazing it has a theme.

forever or just for a bit?

Maybe instead of closing it forever we could just all join a guild for pokemon just for the challenge, that would bring more people in I bet.

That why we would be in both the pokemon guild and the N-Cult, I know we would have to ask the owner (of the pokemon guild) though.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:50 pm
Zetshimaru
xXxBusterxXx
I should have been here earlier so i could have been the power house gym leader none of my pokemon are under level 95.

My guess is that you have not played a wifi battle. most people play level 100 set games, which means all pokemon are jumped up to level 100.

All my pokemons IVs and EVs are maxed out.  

Altairno

Zetshimaru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:01 pm
xXxBusterxXx
Zetshimaru
xXxBusterxXx
I should have been here earlier so i could have been the power house gym leader none of my pokemon are under level 95.

My guess is that you have not played a wifi battle. most people play level 100 set games, which means all pokemon are jumped up to level 100.

All my pokemons IVs and EVs are maxed out.

That leads me to believe one of three things.

1. you are a lier
2. you used an action reply
3. you breed/catch far to many pokemon

I say this because to have 31 IVs on all your stats is the hardest thing to do. At least 3 stats are random when you breed and all stats are random if you catch a pokemon. The chance of you geting a pokemon with 31 on all stats is close to impossible.

So unless I'm miss understanding you I don't think you have maxed out IVs  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:47 pm
I still don't think i've learned the concept of IV's, i got EV's down though i found something on it in my guide that summed it up quite well.  

Xilo The Odd

Zetshimaru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:56 pm
IVs are a pokemon's potential. The higher the IV is in that stat the more it grows when the pokemon levels up. So if you have a 0 IV in a stat your pokemon will most likly gain 0s and 1s in that stat when they level, but a 31 in a stat will be a lot higher I'm not sure what the number is but I know a 22 is 3s and 4s and sometimes a 2.

You can't train IVs you can only breed for them. The baby pokemon gets 3 stats from the parents, this is random. The other 3 stats are random. So even if a parent has a 31 in any stat the baby pokemon will still have a really low chance of geting the 31, no where near as low as getting it in a random stat though.

Hope this helps.

Anyways you didn't answer my question about the closed thing, look up a few post.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:14 pm
I say we'll be closed temporarily.
I'm going to get back to this, I'm doing stuff right now.  

melikefood

Xilo The Odd

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:16 pm
Zetshimaru
IVs are a pokemon's potential. The higher the IV is in that stat the more it grows when the pokemon levels up. So if you have a 0 IV in a stat your pokemon will most likly gain 0s and 1s in that stat when they level, but a 31 in a stat will be a lot higher I'm not sure what the number is but I know a 22 is 3s and 4s and sometimes a 2.

You can't train IVs you can only breed for them. The baby pokemon gets 3 stats from the parents, this is random. The other 3 stats are random. So even if a parent has a 31 in any stat the baby pokemon will still have a really low chance of geting the 31, no where near as low as getting it in a random stat though.

Hope this helps.

Anyways you didn't answer my question about the closed thing, look up a few post.

ohkay... and how would i know what the IV's are, just level them up and see what the average is that they get in a stat?  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:12 pm
~Xiloscent~
Zetshimaru

Hope this helps.

ohkay... and how would i know what the IV's are, just level them up and see what the average is that they get in a stat?

Guess what my answer is Serebii
http://serebii.net/games/iv-calcdp.shtml
This is an IV calculator

They say level your pokemon up to level 50 but it can be used as soon as 20.

But I found a better way! Open up a wifi battle at set level 100 and just write down the stats and put those in the calculator *Big thumbs up*

Still didn't answer stare
Thank you food you answered me and I didn't even ask you.  

Zetshimaru

Xilo The Odd

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:38 pm
Zetshimaru
~Xiloscent~
Zetshimaru

Hope this helps.

This is an IV calculator

But I found a better way! Open up a wifi battle at set level 100 and just write down the stats and put those in the calculator *Big thumbs up*
ah cool! this will help greatly, though i'm not starting over on my current project just to make him flawless.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:43 pm
~Xiloscent~
Zetshimaru

This is an IV calculator

ah cool! this will help greatly, though i'm not starting over on my current project just to make him flawless.

I wouldn't start any pokemon over. There are only two times I look at breeding IVs

1. When it is an eevee pokemon I have always been a fan of them so they have to be perfect

and

2. When I breed more then one pokemon that meets all my requirements I pick the one with the better IVs

Oh yeah and maybe if a pokemon has really bad IVs like my Zetshimaru (Gallade) I'll think of remaking him. my gallade only has two good IVs hp and sp. def xp

Anyways are you going to answer my question on how long you plan to close the challenge?  

Zetshimaru

Xilo The Odd

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:35 am
Zetshimaru
~Xiloscent~
Zetshimaru

This is an IV calculator

I wouldn't start any pokemon over. There are only two times I look at breeding IVs

1. When it is an eevee pokemon I have always been a fan of them so they have to be perfect

and

2. When I breed more then one pokemon that meets all my requirements I pick the one with the better IVs

Oh yeah and maybe if a pokemon has really bad IVs like my Zetshimaru (Gallade) I'll think of remaking him. my gallade only has two good IVs hp and sp. def xp

Anyways are you going to answer my question on how long you plan to close the challenge?
well if some of our gyms would be a bit more active and mine and miles gyms can finish remaking, that'd be a guess when we are open again.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:09 am
Well I've got a lot of water pokemon and I'm finishing up on my grass pokemon, so I'm ready for the turnament when ever you are xilo.
User Image

Edit:
Anyone have a Rock Slide or Earthquake TM I can trade for? I'm too upset with battle tower to try it again scream I lost on battle like 16 because of a Dusclops that killed most of my pokemon with a toxic, confusion, protect, double team combo and my last one just struggled itself to death gonk  

Zetshimaru

What the Pho

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:01 pm
Zetshimaru
Well I've got a lot of water pokemon and I'm finishing up on my grass pokemon, so I'm ready for the turnament when ever you are xilo.
User Image

Edit:
Anyone have a Rock Slide or Earthquake TM I can trade for? I'm too upset with battle tower to try it again scream I lost on battle like 16 because of a Dusclops that killed most of my pokemon with a toxic, confusion, protect, double team combo and my last one just struggled itself to death gonk

I had like 4, and used them up xD

Wi-Fi Connection

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... 84 85 86 87 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games